PDA

View Full Version : Your Walmarts getting their shelving ready yet?

JediDan
04-18-2002, 07:00 PM
I've went to 2 Walmarts today and neither have started the display yet for the AOTC toys. Any of your stores start yet?

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Haven't been to Wal-Mart in a while, though I hope they are. :)

Omega Fett
04-18-2002, 07:34 PM
mine walmarts dont even have any star wars figures or spaces where they should be...........just digimon,pokemon,gundam and power rangers ALL over lol

AT-AT Man
04-18-2002, 08:16 PM
none not ma target or wal mart, though ma target still has toys

CrossWizard
04-18-2002, 08:17 PM
My local Walmarts are all the same, they all have a bunch of pool toys crap and swimming gear, a crap load of WWF figures, Power Rangers and Disney's Atlantis warming all the pegs, not even old POTJ. TRU is getting set though, today I went by to say hi to a few of my ex coworkers and I saw they were clearing a big shelf on the front of the store filled with Barbie and ET toys, and decorated the edge of the shelves with the Star Wars logo name.

sith_killer_99
04-18-2002, 09:42 PM
My local Wal-Mart(s) have a cool little bule mat in front of the SW section with EP2 written on it.

Last night they removed ALL of the carded SW figures from the pegs!

he-ro
04-19-2002, 12:34 AM
My WM in Pearland has removed the $5.88 pegs after they were instructed to not sell the toys until the 23rd. So they are sitting in the stockroom ready for the big day.

2-1B
04-19-2002, 01:01 AM
sith_killer, the local Wal-Mart here actually removed that blue mat. How depressing! :(

Wolfwood319
04-19-2002, 01:27 AM
I haven't been to Wal-Mart in a while, but last I checked, the area where I thought they'd put the AOTC stuff still has lots of Spider-Man stuff. Maybe they'll be putting the AOTC stuff where the POTJ stuff was, and are betting on Spider-man as the big summer draw, instead, and thus devoting more shelf space to it?

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 01:30 AM
I went to TRU today and towards the front of the store they had AOTC banners hanging. Plus they are getting rid of all the old figures that have been piling up in the stock room. They had tons of the Fx-7 and Eeth Koth waves wich they really never had on pegs at this store before. They also had about 10 Jedi Starfighters.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 02:31 AM
My Wal-Mart toy manager said they would only be putting the figures out on May 1st, 2nd or 3rd. He could be mistaken for the May dates from '99 but I'm gonna find out from the Department Manager about it soon I hope.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
My Wal-Mart toy manager said they would only be putting the figures out on May 1st, 2nd or 3rd. He could be mistaken for the May dates from '99 but I'm gonna find out from the Department Manager about it soon I hope.

It truly amazes me of the amount of people whose job it is to know about toys and when they're being released that don't know jack squat about what's actually going on. It's one thing to be just a stocker who has to put stuff out in different departments, but it's another to be in charge of that department, yet not know what can be stocked, when it can be stocked, what has been put on order, and what is expected to be shipped.

Amazing...:confused:

:Pirate: ARRGH they're be confusion on the horizon I tells ye.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 11:55 AM
i went to walmart yesterday and they were nice enough to show right where the toys will be but they have yet to start moving anything as of yet.They also said they will be out at Midnight!!!

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

It truly amazes me of the amount of people whose job it is to know about toys and when they're being released that don't know jack squat about what's actually going on. It's one thing to be just a stocker who has to put stuff out in different departments, but it's another to be in charge of that department, yet not know what can be stocked, when it can be stocked, what has been put on order, and what is expected to be shipped.

Amazing...:confused:

:Pirate: ARRGH they're be confusion on the horizon I tells ye.

Especially when they have those floor signs that explain the Episode II figures being out on the 23rd. :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
04-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Nothing at my WM yet.A bunch of Ketwols on the SW section still...but I have noticed the HP stuff has been moved and there is this large space near the Anime crap.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-19-2002, 05:25 PM
They had the blue mats at my Wal-Mart!!!!!! :)

sith_killer_99
04-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Caesar, that's just sad man!:crazed:

JediDan
04-19-2002, 06:44 PM
My Walmart used tohave 6 pegs for Star Wars figures. Now they have just 3. They put some Jimmy Neatuer figures in place of them.:rolleyes: I would imagine that Monday is when most stores will be setting up though. Hopefully more than 3 pegs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Paul-Kenobi
04-19-2002, 07:06 PM
i havent been to my wall mart in like 3 weeks so i have no cue if there geting reddy or not

i know this geting kinda annoying for some people but

i sure hope they have a huge section for all the EPII toys and not alittle diny peace of it ! i pray thall be there right on the day they come out. and i sure hope they got Anakin Hanger and The Count

again i'm sorry but the days is geting to me i must be prepared to take the best...or the worst...................

god i sure hope my wall mart doesnt screw up or man am i gona be MAD! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jedikmg
04-19-2002, 07:48 PM
A stocker at my local wal-mart showed me where the figures were going to be a few weeks ago when he caught me trying to open the cases of figures. He said it was going to be on Aisle closest to the front of the toy section . It is going to be all star wars untill August.

Jedi Drew
04-19-2002, 11:45 PM
I just got back tonight from a Wal-Mart in Cleveland, OH. that I can now really call a "GETTO" Wal-Mart. There were toys ALL over and they only had 3 Bespin figures on the pegs. This place was TRASHED. My mission was to find the TIE and Snowspeeder but I couldn't even find anyone to ask to run the WM Item #er. They didn't have anything set for the AOTC merchandise. Just a TON of Spider-Man stuff. Oh well....:confused: :confused:

2-1B
04-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Caesar, that's just sad man!:crazed:

Very sad, but they redeemed themselves today.

I called this afternoon to ask what time the goods will be available on Tuesday, and their toy manager politely told me that everything will be available at midnight. :) He was even certain to inform me that it's Monday night at midnight, not Tuesday night. :D

Wooooof
04-20-2002, 01:16 AM
My Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be doing too much to get ready. I plan to go there with my brother at around 11:30 Monday night; but we seriously doubt there will be anything there. Then we might take a trip to the TRU in Las Cruces; but with the AOTC music video premiering on MTV that afternoon we might postpone the trip until the weekend. Although the soundtrack takes priority with me, so if I can only afford a couple of figures after that, then so be it.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-20-2002, 11:09 AM
I might go after school around 6:00pm and see if they are getting ready....... The manager said he didn't know whenthey were going to put them out.... He might put them out early on that day or soo..... I'll go at around 11:30 to go get them!!!!!!! :)

Echo_7
04-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Went to WM today, and noticed a WM employee that had a cart full of POTJ figures. I asked if she was making room for the new EPII figures and she said yes. They were moving the POTJ figures to the aisle that will contain the EPII stuff. I asked if she could show me and she did, right on the first toy aisle. I also asked if the EPII stuff would be avalible Tuesday or midnight Monday, she said that everything would be out by midnight Monday. How cool! I guess I'll be late for work on Tuesday!

JediDan
04-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Yes... We're all gonna be late for work on Tuesday. But it's so worth it. :) I already asked my boss last month for the morning off and he said yes. Last time I asked for time off was when the Episode 1 toys came out, and I just asked for 3 hours off in the morning. So he didn't SEEM to mind this time since I never ask for time off unless if I find a VERY good reason why. ;) :D