PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart TIE Bomber/Snowspeeder Availability?

eliwankenobi
04-18-2002, 07:03 PM
I have yet to find any TIE Bombers or Snowspeeders at any of the local OC, CA Wal-Marts and have noticed that most of the listings for these items on eBay claim that they are limited to only 5000+ pieces of each.
I am wondering if this is truthful, or just a scam by all those bastard scalpers.
Has anyone heard anything "official" from Hasbro and/or Wal-Mart regarding the quantities of these vehicles?:mad:

Lord Malakite
04-18-2002, 07:20 PM
This thread should really be in the Power of the Jedi forum. The comments/suggestions forum is meant more for comments and suggestions about this website. :)

As for your question, I would estimate that these Wal-Mart exclusives will be about as limited as the Target exclusive ships. So I wouldn't want to wait too long to pick these up. As for why you can't find them, most of the Wal-Mart employees are ignorant. They believe that the ships are part of the Episode II (Saga) line. So most of them won't put the ships out until April 23rd.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-20-2002, 10:36 PM
My Wal-Marts around here have a lot of these vehicles!!!!

Thunderstorm1
04-25-2002, 08:31 AM
Didn't show up in Louisville till 4/23 and when they did there were only three of each. Wmployee told me there should be more on the way. Happy Hunting

BanthaPoodoo
04-25-2002, 10:28 AM
My super WM only had 2 Snowspeeders & about 5 TIE Bombers

Needless to say I picked up a snowspeeder & am going back tonight to get the TIE

DarthMushy
04-26-2002, 02:07 PM
I friend of mine found the only snowspeeder that I've seen in my area, and it looked like someone had used it as a football.

Jason B
04-26-2002, 03:53 PM
at the Wal*Mart here in Augusta, they had 8 of each, total. 2 of each were bought right off the bat, and the following moring, there 4 Speeders left, and 5 Bombers left. :-|

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-26-2002, 06:12 PM
It seemed the Bomber and Snowspeeder cleared the shelves first during the 4/23 EpII sale. That was the first priority on my list, before getting any EpII figures, and sure enough, since they didn't have either of the vehicles and my $$$ was burning a hole in wallet, I had to get a couple of figs. When I went today to check out the selection, I saw that there were 2 Snowspeeders and 0 Bombers. I grabbed the Speeder this time, hoping the Tie Bomber will be back when I get some more money (hopefully soon)

Obi-Don
05-06-2002, 01:41 AM
At the Wal-Mart near me didn't put them out til 4/23 with the rest of the EPII stuff. I was picking up figures when I spotted the bomber. I put down the figures and took home the bomber and glad I did. They only had 3 out and was gone the next day.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2002, 11:31 AM
I found mine at the end of the week of 4/23. It was hidden behind a bunch of swimming pools near the toys section. I bet that guy is wishing he would have bought it or hidden it better! I haven't seen one since.

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 04:28 PM
I bought a TIE BOMBER online at Yestertoys because I didn't want to miss this one. (Non-mint it only ran me $32 plus shipping. Definitely worth it -- though I noticed that they've raise the price now and lists it as out of stock.)

Anyway, it is seriously . . . THE BEST SHIP EVER. Check out my comments in the Review Section. I seriously recommend picking this l'il puppy up . . . I've NEVER been this SATISFIED with a toy and I've been collecting since the wretched Buff Luke wave . . .

ggmorton
05-09-2002, 10:43 PM
I bought a TIE Bomber and Crashed speeder on Tuesday evening. I had been to that same WM almost 5 times in the past 2 weeks and had never seen them. I asked one of the employees and he pointed them out to me. He had 1 of each left on the shelf.
Lucky me.

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 11:35 AM
I haven't even seen any evidence of any of the Wal-Marts in my area having them. No tags, no ships, no spotting of other collectors walking away with one. :( I can passs on the speeder, but damnit! I NEED that Bomber!

Jonna
05-10-2002, 02:06 PM
They seemed to be everywhere in NJ for about 3 weeks after the new release of the AOTC figures, but now I haven't seen them anywhere. Strangely enought, I am finding the AT-ST/speederbike everywhere now. JGM

DrewDewce
05-17-2002, 07:07 PM
I saw the Bomber in a comic shop today for $60. Yikes!!!!!

Luckily I found one at one of those out of way WMs. Didn't pick up the speeder tho.

skyward72
05-17-2002, 11:38 PM
I think if you didn't grab one shortly after April 23, you will be hard pressed to find them now. Great ship too bad it was an exclusive. I know I made it a priority to pick one up and was lucky enough to find one.

Demiurgo
05-18-2002, 03:26 PM
In Portugal, on one of the TRUs i found today a single Tie Bomber and a single Snowspeeder.

I bought the tie for myself and the speeder for a friend of mine as I'm a little short on cash.

Never imagined to get those beauties on this god-forgotten place...especially not behind some dull 12" figures :).

Pedro Telles