PDA

View Full Version : Does anyody

AT-AT Man
04-18-2002, 07:32 PM
know if and when the OT will be relesed on DVD, thanks and if this has already been posted, sorry.

chewie
04-18-2002, 08:25 PM
Well, from what I've read before. George isn't going to be releasing them until after the prequel trilogy is over with. So expect them sometime during or after the year 2005.

Nobody is quite sure why he made that choice, since he released tons of variations on the vhs tapes of the movies. But many think it has to do with George wanting to fix continuity inconsistencies that have been brought up already within episode I (and presumably the rest of the prequel trilogy).

And doing a search for the word "dvd" in this forum probably would have yeilded you the answer without having to create this thread. :)

BanthaPoodoo
04-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Just read on another site (I think theforce.net) that Williams is rescoring parts of the OT & GL (yes, again) is adding some new effects & redoing parts of it to better tie it in.

Williams is adding the Imperial March in ANH to tie it into the other movies......

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 10:03 AM
I read that too... at least they're starting to do some work on it for the DVDs. That's encouraging. At this rate we won't have to wait TOO long after EPISODE III for the DVDs to come out.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 11:04 AM
I heard 2006 and they'll be called the Archival Editions.With the new footage,more things fixed,and some new scores.But hey I'm no expert(definition of an expert;Ex= has been,Pert=drip under pressure)

Eternal Padawan
04-19-2002, 12:04 PM
I think WE started the Archival Editions rumor, and now it has circulated all over the web and come back to us as "fact". Has anyone ever read or heard Lucasfilm say anything about Archival Editions? If so I'd like a link or something.

El Chuxter
04-19-2002, 12:07 PM
This time, theforce.net has a quote from John Williams in a Dutch magazine. The only question is one of whether it was translated correctly.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Oops sorry,I didn''t realize the archival edition thing was a rumor.
Sorry for the confusion