PDA

View Full Version : New AOTC TV Commercial(s)

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 09:15 PM
I just saw the new 30 second commercial for Episode II tonight around 6:30 Pacific time on FOX. A lot of it was recycled from the last trailer, but there were some new shots of the Geonosis battle. The close-up of Mace rocked at the end. What do you all think?

Wolfwood319
04-18-2002, 09:21 PM
I saw this thing advertised that the next 3 Thursdays they will play episodes V, VI, and I, with new AOTC footage shown each week. Also, each movie will be hosted by R2 and 3PO.

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 09:58 PM
The UPN network is showing the TV spot as well. It looks like there are two different commercials, the second one shows Anakin swinging his saber at the Tusken Raider (same scene at the end of the Forbidden Love trailer).

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Groovy new one of Jango. New shots:

* Jango firing jetpack rocket
* Jango and Obi in fist fight
* Jango using pistol in Arena
* Jango using flamethrower

Last shot is POV out of a gunship. Mace, Yoda, Ki, and Kit watch another Gunship explode. :sur: :cool:

TFN should have it up.

Jargo
04-21-2002, 08:48 AM
I just watched all three. managed to get a clear download it being a sunday morning. took advantage of the god botheresr being safely tucked away in church and grabbed me a bit of online time.

Cool shot indeed that gunship exploding. Still not impressed by Jango though. Something just doesn't cut the mustard but i can't put my finger on what it is..... Love the shot in ad one of Anakin taking his mighty weapon to the head of the Tusken though. that's what i'd be like all the time if I had a lightsaber. I wouldn't be stoppable rampaging through towns and cities destroying the stupid annoying simpletons I encountered. **** me off will ya? Take this WHUUUUM! HA! :D Good job lightsabers don't exist isn't it?

Lord Tenebrous
04-21-2002, 12:01 PM
I've been mulling over this Jango one, especially that last shot. It feels out of place with the theme. Now, we know most of the spy reports come from the shooting script. However, there hasn't been a lot of reports from the visual effects department.

Speculation:

Boba Fett, escaping in Slave 1, spots the last few Gunships escaping, and fires on one. It would be a nice scene showing Boba's continued support of the Separatists, and his anger at the Jedi and clones.

Probably not true, but then again, the comics and novel can't tell us everything, especially when postproduction is going almost until opening day.

DeadEye
04-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Hm...Jargo, if you had a lightsaber and slaughtered hordes of simpletons just because they were annoying, I'd be forced to stop you.

*ignites his own lightsaber*

Let us do battle.

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 08:34 PM
I haven't seen any TV trailers. :(

Beast
04-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
I haven't seen any TV trailers. :(
Have ya go Battle Droid. They are short downloads, since they are only 30 seconds long. Great TV trailers though. :)

http://www.movie-list.com/s/starwars2.shtml

Just right click on the links, and choose save target as, and there ya go. Have fun. The Jango one is the best of the three, but seeing Mace saying "This Party is over." is cool. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
04-21-2002, 08:43 PM
I've only seen the end of it-where Mace says "this partys over".

Jargo
04-21-2002, 08:50 PM
just because they were annoying? you make it sound like that's no reason to destroy innocents. I have a private hit list and right now there's a certain person scaling from number fourty straight to number one. I'm tellin' ya - if I had a saber right now I know exactly who'd be first to lose his balls.

DeadEye
04-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Um...and just who would that be?

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Thanks Jar Jar. :D

I may be able to download them if my computer doesn't act up.

jawaboy
04-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Where is Rick McCallum on that list I wonder?

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 04:33 PM
I saw one on The WB, it was a theme about Obi-Wan called "Jedi Knight.", pretty cool.

I couldn't download them. :(

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 08:30 PM
WOAH, I just saw one with Anakin riding the Reek, that was AWESOME! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

DeadEye
04-22-2002, 09:04 PM
I've seen the Mace, first Anakin, Jango, Obi-Wan, and second Anakin commercials. Well, I downloaded them anyway. My favorite is the one for Obi-Wan, at the very hand when he's deflecting a whole lot of blaster fire. :D

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Is the music during them from the Soundtrack? I love it!

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Just saw the one with R2-D2, it was pretty cool too.

I wonder if they'll have a Trailer for Dooku?

Grif
04-23-2002, 03:52 PM
I did not see the one that I expected to see, but it was still alright. The one that I saw was the one where it just showed R2-D2 the whole time.

Pendo
04-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Congrats on viewing a commercial, Grif :D!!!

You can find all the trailers around the Internet somewhere.

PENDO!

DeadEye
04-23-2002, 04:10 PM
I've downloaded them all...haven't seen a single one on TV.

derek
04-23-2002, 06:22 PM
i don't watch a lot of TV, but i leave it on in the background, and these spots are playing a few times an hour. everytime it seems like it's a new one too! i gotta spin around from my keyboard and check it out!

slimsladey
04-24-2002, 10:21 AM
You guys are lucky to be seeing the trailers on T.V.Over here in the U.K.we don't get any of the same hype for the big movies until perhaps a couple of days before it is due out.I have seen some trailers on the web but they take so long to download !

Jargo
04-24-2002, 02:28 PM
The R2 one made R2 look so fake as he lifts off with his booster rockets. I love how thy figured out a way for them to deploy but the animation is poo. Hope that was unfinished footage. I guess they'll just get round him not using rockets in the OT by saying he was an old droid and the parts had seized up or something. Otherwise it's a rocket fest in glorious CGI for R2 come the special SPECIAL editions..... :crazed:

jblodgett
04-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Are you kidding me? That R2-D2 one is friggin awesome!

Did you know- in Episode I- Lucas took out a scene where R2 used booster rockets? If you ever watch TPM, there is one scene where they are all up on one of those big platforms getting ready to get onto the ship- and R2 is over by the edge. In one of the original movie cuts- R2 falls off the edge of that platform-- only to reappear a couple minutes later suspended by his booster rockets. (The same booster rockets they made in the R2 figure)

It is interesting that the booster rockets they decided to include in EpII are totally different than the ones he had in EpI.

Battle Droid
04-24-2002, 07:32 PM
There's new ones on the Clonetrooper & Padme.

The Clonetrooper by far is the best of all of them.

I see a Dooku & Yoda trailer in the future.

Jargo
04-24-2002, 07:43 PM
yes i know about the episode one cut scene. The problem with the R2in AOTC that's CGI is that he's too short and fat. His dimensions are wrong. And he looks animated. Don't ask me to elaborate because I don't think the English language has words for what I want to describe. But he just - he's a fraction of a second out of synch, he has a way of moving that the actual prop doesn't. It's kind of like when some other guy was filmed wearing the Chewbacca suit instead of Peter Mayhew and it just didn't look right. Same with R2. Same with the CGI 3PO R2 pushes off the platform. Doesn't move right and the timings are out. I've watched it over and over and over and it's just - not good. What they have him do is cool and the way the rockets pop out of his leg struts is just too cool for words. But after that it gets crap. In the same way that the CGI Maul looked crap as he leapt off the sith speeder at Qui-Gon on Tatooine. Nice idea and cool scene bt it looked crap because the animation was very poor. Does anyone feel the same way about these scenes?

jawaboy
04-25-2002, 08:54 AM
The Mace Windu one is pretty sweet. I actually liked the R2 one. And the clonetrooper one is nice as well. Padme is a little boring, but obviously made to appeal to chicks.

Jargo
04-25-2002, 11:11 AM
And girly boys...... :p just kidding :eek: :D

jawaboy
04-30-2002, 09:35 PM
They have some new ones up at movie-list.com. I like the Padme one. Shows Jango with a bunch of droidekas and him saying "don't move". Kinda cool. Still waiting to get bounty hunter v.2 downloaded though.

2-1B
05-01-2002, 03:16 AM
Currently downloading Padme, the 7th of 12 on the official site.

These are a helluva lot better than the tone poems from TPM.
One thing I wasn't sure on though - do they come across as too soundbite-y ? ? ? I thought so at first but I was quickly seduced by the new clips that I don't even care now. :D

Jargo, I dunno about the CGI points you make. The thing with R2 (for me) is that he is indeed so cool while getting ready for take off but the shot of him drifting through the air doesn't feel right to me. Seems like he should topple. With Threeps, I would think they would just throw A. Daniels over the ledge in front of a blue screen - wouldn't that be cheaper anyway? :crazed:

I'm back from watching the P :kiss: dme spot twice. Notice how the ad says Diplomatic Wardrobe and the first costume it shows is her whorish black getup that has nothing to do with diplomacy? :D

Next up: War

jawaboy
05-01-2002, 09:19 AM
The Official Star Wars website is updated and new and improved.

They also have all of the commercials for download for those of you who haven't seen them yet!

Battle Droid
05-03-2002, 07:32 PM
In the AOTC toy commercial, just saw it, love the new footage from the film in it exspecially the footage of the Reek entering the Arena, he looks ****ed.

mark2d2
05-05-2002, 03:45 AM
I'm still uneasy about this whole Artoo/flying thing. I mean, seriously, why the heck doesn't he ever fly in the later/OT films. It's just a really wierd when you think about it . . .

jawaboy
05-05-2002, 10:57 AM
I thought the Artoo scene looked pretty good. And I love the new ending to "Jango" with the exploding Jedi on Geonosis. I hope we get to see a lot exploding Jedi, or I'll want my money back.

hango fett
05-09-2002, 05:31 PM
so i can have one big thing and burn it to a cd and watch it on our dvd player? please let me know soon!