PDA

View Full Version : None of my TRUs are haveing a Midnight Madness sale

SQueek
04-18-2002, 09:28 PM
none in the pittsburgh area, man last time back in 99 me and my friend went and got in the paper and stuff, we had a great time. now we are going to half to go at 8am instead and be late for school and stuff, im just very unhappy with TRUs right now

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2002, 07:34 AM
There arent any TRU's in NC that are participating in Midnight Madness either. However I do have 2 nice 24 hr Wal-Marts within 30 miles, so I will be hitting those Mon night/Early Tues morning. Then off to several different stores later on in the daylight hours.
You should just skip school on Tuesday and make a day of it. That way you could enjoy it more. I know that is easier said than done though. Parents probably wouldnt go for that.

jedi master sal
04-19-2002, 07:43 AM
Let's not engourage that kind of activity. Playing hooky (even when it comes to SW) should not be taken lightly. Even missing one day could put a huge damper on ones grade. think if you miss pop quizzes and all of the homework. you'd have to catch up and this close to the end of the school year you need to be there so your ready for finals. Don't worry the toys will be plentiful. (with the exception of the Wal*Mart exclusive snowsppeder and tie bomber.

BTW I live in Pittsburgh as well and can confrim that no TRU's are having a Mid/Mad sale. What idiots. they are going to lose millions (all tru's not just in pitt) to Wal Mart. I'm Already frustrated enough by WM so I won't say any more, just good luck and MTFBWY, your gonna need it!

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 09:06 AM
None of the ones in OHIO aren't doing it either... no loss.

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2002, 09:15 AM
If he has an important test or assignment due that day, yes, he should go to school. If not, why cant he have a day to go and buy toys? One day wont hurt, unless he has skipped before. But I dont see where it would hurt to have a day to go out and buy toys and have fun. You only live once.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 09:54 AM
Neither of the 2 TRUs in Maine are doing it either :cry:
I'll be at Walmart at midnight and my nephew will be with me.Second day back after April vacation,he shouldn't miss anything he can't make up easily.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 10:00 AM
I never cut school... and I mean NEVER. I dunno why... even when I was at university, I STILL went to EVERY class. I never cut. Ehh... that's just me. Then again... I've never smoked a cigarette, taken illegal substances or gotten so drunk I couldn't function or just got sick from it. Look, ma! I AM a JEDI!!! :D

SQueek
04-19-2002, 09:08 PM
ill only be like an hour late for school anyways

and are the wallmarts putting stuff out at midnight? cas im sure they are all a buch of slack jawed workers who dont know what their doing and wont let us open the stuff untill the sun comes up cas thats not whent he real day starts according to those frickin idiots...sorry but TRUs are better

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 10:29 PM
This is stupid. Wasn't TRU closing down stores because of poor sales a couple months ago? Here in Las Vegas we only have three TRU out here in the desert. I just called all three and they said they arn't doing the midnite madness (even though they have an area with AOTC banners). Looks like Walmart is getting my $400 that nite. You would think that TRU everywhere would do the midnite madness like they did three years ago to get them out of their finacial hole. But no. Instead, walmart will win again.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-20-2002, 12:19 PM
Ditto for the area TRUs in the Western New York/Buffalo/Niagara Falls area. The manager blamed it on payroll costs and the fact that some of the TRUs are remodeling their stores. :frus: I didn't get to participate in the original Midnite Madness and I was looking forward to making the ones this year, but it looks like no dice. :cry:

Taichi
04-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Hey, Pittsburghers......

between the "Burgh" and WV, there's a town called "Washington PA", their TRU is s'posed to have the MM sale.......

go check it out, and LMK......

jedi_uk73
04-20-2002, 05:26 PM
There is only 11 TRU's opening in the UK. I've got to travel 35 miles to get to the nearest open one.

I have two others, 15 miles each way, and they are not bothering.

So I am not going to bother.

MisterPL
04-20-2002, 08:55 PM
TRU can KMA. As in '99, make mine Wal-Mart.

hamsterboy
04-21-2002, 01:00 AM
K-B's is doing the same as TRU. Like it matters with the arm and leg they charge you for figures.

SQueek
04-22-2002, 02:32 PM
yea im going tomarrow morning to TRU because i really dont like wallmarts, and TRUs are for toys and wallmart has like 1 isle so im sure TRU will be bigger and better

SQueek
04-23-2002, 06:17 PM
well i went to wallmart at about 11 and i was able to grab up EVERYTHING but couldnt buy it untill 12, anyways the only thing me and the other guys didnt find was count doku! there was two of the fat guy, and two warriors, but everything else there was plenty. i really wanted a warrior but a frickin fat guy in his late 20s got the last one, i mean wouldnt you give it to the nice sweet kid? fat frickin b*stard

Jayspawn
04-27-2002, 11:01 AM
I hear ya SQueek. None of my TRU's had Midnight Madness this time. I had to stand outside my TRU and wait for them to open at 9:30am. I think the managers were just plain lazy this year around.