PDA

View Full Version : Final Figure Total for April 23rd

Cubehead
04-18-2002, 11:46 PM
28 or 32? Or is it now 34? How is it that the collective star wars community cannot answer this question???

We are only 4 days away and we still dont have a final answer.

I mean we have UPC#'s and Case assortments but still not definate confirmations.

We even have supposed employees who have direct access to this stuff and still no one can say for sure what will be there and what won't.

I am going crazy! Can anyone conclusively answer this question once and for all?? Where's Batman when we need him?

Beast
04-18-2002, 11:52 PM
We are sure that it is going to be 27. The people in the forums that work at Wal-Mart have been kind enough to pop cases and check, and that is the maximum number of figures that will be out there. Some stores may have even less, due to getting their stock before the new figures started being shipped, and have not been received anymore yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cubehead
04-19-2002, 12:08 AM
Hey Thanks Jar Jar, I sure hope you are right.

Now does that 27 include Count Dooku? Also I come up with 28 when you include the Brown Battle droid variant as a seperate figure. Does any one know the final answer on that figure?

Beast
04-19-2002, 12:11 AM
There has been no confirmation if the Brown Battle droid is shipping. Last I ever heard about it was that it was a salesman's sample. So, I'm not including it in any of the counts, until one is actually found at retail. It would be nice to have the two versions though, since the brown one is the predominant color of the Battle Droid's in Episode II.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 12:51 AM
Here is a list that I got from the Hasbro website under the section that sappose to be figures released for 4/23.

Beast
04-19-2002, 12:57 AM
That Hasbro list is incorrect, the list is actually just for the first 30 figures, and only 27 of them have actually been confirmed as being seen and or purchased already. Hasbro's site has major mistakes in many areas. Infact they even list figure #32 Qui-Gon as coming out on the 23rd. Figures #28, #29, #30 should be out early in May with #31: Jango Fett: Final Battle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 01:06 AM
I thought Orn Free Ta (Ryloth Senator) was #31. But like you said, Hasbro's site has many mistakes.

Beast
04-19-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
I thought Orn Free Ta (Ryloth Senator) was #31. But like you said, Hasbro's site has many mistakes.
Nope it's Jango, as proven by the backs of the cards that he appears on. Somehow the number was associated with Orn Free Ta, and it stuck. But regardless Jango has been officially confirmed as figure #31. I wish we would get somemore info about later figure numbers soon, I wanna update my list. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-19-2002, 01:36 AM
i'm glad Anakin Hanger Duel is comeing out on the 23rd with Count Dooku out also

Amakin Hanger duel will be out ...right ???

what aobut Count Dooku DL he will be out right? i'm hopeing he will be out or ill be PO

Beast
04-19-2002, 01:43 AM
Anakin: Hanger Duel should be out on the 23rd, all depends when your store got it's cases in, and if they have gotten any of the next wave of Collection 1 in yet. Most likey he will be avaliable in most larger retailers, with the rest of that wave.

Count Dooku is another kettle of fish. He was a late minute figure, that was slipped into cases of the Anakin: HD wave to get him out there. Originally he was not supposed to be avaliable, so again...depending when your stores got their cases, Dooku may or may not be avaliable. If he is, it will be in smaller numbers then the other figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Rainman
04-19-2002, 02:13 AM
This is the definite list that you have been asking for and I have posted it many times. I wish this guy that posted first would quit complaining. Count Dooku will be short packed for awhile because he was a last minute addition to the collection for launch. Thank you, have a nice day and stop B****ing!!!

#01 - Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
#02 - Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
#03 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
#04 - C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
#05 - Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
#06 - Super Battle Droid
#07 - Boba Fett (Kamina Escape)
#08 - Tusken Raider Female w/ Tusken Child
#09 - Captain Typho (Padmé's Head Of Security)
#10 - Shaak-Ti (Jedi Master)
#11 - Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
#12 - Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
#13 - Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
#14 - R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
#15 - Geonosian Warrior
#16 - Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
#17 - Clone Trooper (Red)
#18 - Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)
#19 - Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
#20 - Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
#21 - Nikto (Jedi Master)
#22 - Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
#23 - Yoda (Jedi Master)
#24 - Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator)
#25 - Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
#26 - Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
#27 - Count Dooku (Dark Lord)

Cubehead
04-19-2002, 02:32 AM
The reason I made this post is because in the other post you made, it seemed unclear wheter or not you had actually SEEN these figures first hand. I guess apparently you had because I'm assuming this is where your list comes from.

We all know SKU#'s in a computer don't mean jack. I have seen several times where a coputer at Wal-Mart will show some number of an item on hand yet there will be no trace of it in the store. (I mention this because I have a cousin who works at the Albany,ny WM)

Jedi_Rainman
04-19-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Cubehead
The reason I made this post is because in the other post you made, it seemed unclear wheter or not you had actually SEEN these figures first hand. I guess apparently you had because I'm assuming this is where your list comes from.

We all know SKU#'s in a computer don't mean jack. I have seen several times where a coputer at Wal-Mart will show some number of an item on hand yet there will be no trace of it in the store. (I mention this because I have a cousin who works at the Albany,ny WM)

Yeah, sorry, no problem. I just must have never got that straight with anyone and yes, my store has 2 Dooku figures that I have actually held and seen. I'll be first in line the morning of the 23rd and Star Wars is worth skipping college for!

Cubehead
04-19-2002, 03:54 AM
Wow, thanks man! This is so freakin incredible. I'm also relieved to finally be able to make my game plans, budget, and whatever.

Also I must say that I will be giving my business to Wal-mart.
They are the most friendly and have been my Star Wars source for
the past 5+ years.

Wooooof
04-19-2002, 04:45 AM
27? That's a lot of figures on the first day. Guess I'll just have to be choosy as I can only afford 2-3 figures and maybe one vehicle or beast.

broctoon
04-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Yes, that certainly is a lot of figures. Thankfully, due to the magic of credit cards I will be able to get them all (provided the store I am going to has them all). I kinda wish there wasn't so many, though. I would have prefered it if they had spread it out a little more. Oh well, I guess it is to Hasbro's advantage to do it this way. This way it will be a bigger money makin' day for them on the 23rd.

I just put in for the day off of work on the 23rd! I'm hitting midnight maddness, admiring my figures till the wee hours of the morn, waking up late then going to check out other stores to see what they have. It will be a GOOD day. Much better than last time when I was still in school, and I had a big exam the next day!

icatch9
04-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Brotoon what MM are you going to. I live in Chi area too, and the closest MM isn't very close to me.

Amanamike
04-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know if Canada gets the same selection as the US?? I sure hope so!!

broctoon
04-19-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Brotoon what MM are you going to. I live in Chi area too, and the closest MM isn't very close to me.

I live in Lombard, and the closest MM is at the Toys R Us by Fox Valley Mall in Aurora. It's not too far, but it kinda sucks 'cause I was counting on the TRU that's THREE FRIGGIN' blocks from my house would being open. Oh well, it should only be about a 20-25 minute drive. Well worth it, in my opinion. :)

Paul-Kenobi
04-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman
I wish this guy that posted first would quit complaining. Count Dooku will be short packed for awhile because he was a last minute addition to the collection for launch. Thank you, have a nice day and stop B****ing!!!

fist off thank you Jar Jar for informing me.

secant to Jedi_rainman i'm just trying to make sure when i go to the store on Tuesday i'm not disapointed by a Miscalculated jugement and hav to wait two weeks just to get two more figures. Thank you, have a nice day you're self sir and i'm not B*****ing :)

PS I get Paranoyed when someonething i like comes up i must have 100% complete info and convadence that they will be out plus i keep thinking what if this happins. I hope Hasbro sends a shipment of the Anakin wave and gets here on time before the 23rd.

Lord Tenebrous
04-19-2002, 10:55 PM
Yanno, this whole thing would be easier if Hasbro would update their site. Their checklist has most of these coming out 5/1. Actually, as it currently stands, according to the site, the figures coming out on 4/23 are...Kit Fisto.

*sigh* They love messing with us. But no hard feelings in our community. You're saying what you're seeing, and if there's nothing else to say otherwise, then we're getting #1-27 :)

Maybe I just kind of wish we weren't getting walloped. But this will be for the best, distribution is guaranteed, at least.

Jedi_Rainman
04-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Good luck everyone on finding the Dooku. I will get mine, but happy hunting everyone else.

"The Early Bird Gets The Worm or Dooku!"

Paul-Kenobi
04-20-2002, 02:28 AM
Thanks, i hope i do find him ( and i hope everyone elase dose ) or i'm stuick with a crappy a** deluxe dooku with a nonremoveble lightsaber +non removeable blade a stuipd pose and stuipd magnets on the bottom :( and i hope i find hanger duel ani :(

and if he is there i hope no other colector swipes him up :mad:

CrossWizard
04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
+non removeable blade

I heard the basic Dooku also has a non removable blade on his red saber.

Jargo
04-20-2002, 06:43 AM
rebelscum are saying that TRU UK have got a total of thirty figures. No doubt that includes the deluxe so that means somebody didn't make it to the party. Wonder who the missing figgie could be?

But 'scum aren't exactly spot on lately are they? Funny thing is that a stateside site claims to know what we have when everyone this side is in the dark - how does that work then?

What no-one seems to know is how much TRU are going to charge per figure. That's what I want to know so I can decide which store to go to for my Geonosian army and Reek. I'm only going to go to the cheapest store. No sense in simply throwing money away needlessly.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm just wondering . . . do Anakin and Dooku throw coats at each other while fighting? Everyone spells "Hangar" with an "E"!!! It's HANGAR! HANGAR!!! HANGAR!!!!!!!!!!

Paul-Kenobi
04-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard

I heard the basic Dooku also has a non removable blade on his red saber.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT TURE THATS INPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! IT CAN'T BE TURE TELL ME ITS NOT!

SuperBattleDroid88
04-20-2002, 06:26 PM
It looks like it should come off............
I don't know.................

Paul-Kenobi
04-20-2002, 09:38 PM
someone confirm this isnt ture!

CrossWizard
04-20-2002, 10:27 PM
I had a talk earlier today with someone who found the Dooku figure, he described it to me in detail, and said the cape is removable and the left wrist is articulated but his red sith saber hilt is plastic and the blade is not removable.

Paul-Kenobi
04-20-2002, 11:08 PM
we need another sorse to confirm this

:frus: :frus: :frus: :mad: :mad: :mad: this angers me all the blades on the other figures come off but not dookus WHY YOU STUIPD HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!