View Full Version : EII action fleet comfirmed

rosel_sampson
04-19-2002, 07:18 AM
i found this on rebelscum this morning

Action Fleet

AT-AT
46846 Clone Tank
46848 Dooku's Solar Sailor
Droid Hunter Battle Pack (Target Exclusive)
Endor Chase Battle Pack (Target Exclusive)
Hoth Battle Pack (Target Exclusive)
46849 Millennium Falcon
47414 Naboo Fighter
84895 R2-D2 Astromech Droid
Republic Gunship
Republic Troop Transport
Sarlaac Pit Battle Pack (Target Exclusive)
47356 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
46850 X-Wing

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 07:38 AM
Great....TARGET exclusives, they've been treating their exclusives very badly. :frus:

Sakay
04-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Hmm, Interesting, no jedi starfighter action fleet vehicle?

SWAFMAN
04-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Sakay says:

Hmm, Interesting, no jedi starfighter action fleet vehicle?

yeah, typical hasblo move. probably they thought, "let's wait and see how a first wave sells, before greenlighting any more ships."
Then they'll flood the market with first-wave ships, and when these don't sell out fast enough, hasblo uses it for an excuse to not go ahead with subsequent waves.
That jedi starfighter is one of the hottest looking ships I've seen from the new film. If H-blo really wanted to kick off AF with some great sales, they'd debut the EP2 first wave with the starfighter. (IMHO)
Target sucked from EP1 stuff, as I recall. However, I did find a royal starship alpha there. But that was ALL. Just one box. I'm not too optimistic about having to find all the battle packs for EP2 at "Tarjey."

haggie
04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
One thing of note: the 84895 R2-D2 Astromech Droid is actually a 3 3/4 figure not an AF. They put it in the wrong list.

So on one hand we can celebrate the new AOTC AFs! On the other, what the hell is Hasblo thinking?! Another Naboo fighter? This was in the first wave of TPM AF and is now amongst the most common of all shelf warmers. Why do we need more of them? Of course, the same can be said for the X-Wing and Darth's TIE because those are the most common of all Classic AFs.

I'm really hoping that the listing for an AF AT-AT is a mistake and we're actually going to get the new AT-AT (AT-TE?) style vehicle the show in the latest trailer.

I am also really hoping that these Target BPs are new, not just renamed versions of old BPs.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 02:03 PM
Well except for the Droid set, it sounds like they're re-releases. The Hoth pack sounds like it could be the Wampa/Open Belly Tauntaun, the Sarlacc could be the Skiff and of course the Endor Chase could be the speeder bike set. Nothing really else they could be. Well Hoth Battle could be an army-builder set with little cannons and more Hoth Trooper.

I want to know what that R2 thing is, I'm guessing an E2 folding playset maybe?

I hope they go the action fleet very well, although I doubt they could get original Galoob quality on there. Instead of releasing the Republic Troop Transport they should release the Star Destroyer!

good shot jansen
04-19-2002, 06:07 PM
the droid hunter battle pack is without a doubt the ever popular dewback battle pack (remember, they was huntin for the droids),

but hey! i ain't complainin', anything will be welcome after three years of nuthin'

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 07:32 PM
I figured this would be the best place to post. If you have seen the new Jorg Sucal Pilot figure which is the Celebration 2 exclusive figure, then if you look closely at the X-wing MM that's packed-in with it you'll see it's the quite over-used flimsy X-wing mold from the Trilogy MMs but it's not exactly the same, instead of Red 5 like all X-wings that use that models have read, this X-wing's markings are Red 1. Not a big change I know, but it's kinda interesting.

The picture is below:

short4astormtrooper
04-19-2002, 10:14 PM
I saw the list and I wonder if my hopes and fears are accurate- flood the market with stuff that lingered on the shelves at $4 or even $2 so the stores won't order the really interesting stuff- remeber the first wave of Classic CT figures- 'nuff said. I am excited about NEW action fleet. If you want to recycle molds, Hasbro, how about that star Destroyer?

Grif
04-20-2002, 10:13 AM
They really need to bring out some better Classic AF vehicles!!

good shot jansen
04-20-2002, 10:19 AM
if anyone is going to celebration II, i would love one of those pack-in x-wings!

it looks as though the future of mm's as foretold by the jedi braid set and the trophy maul, is to be limited to 3 3/4" pack-in's.

hmmmmmph! :(

haggie
04-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Just took a peak at the Cargo Bay at starwars.com and they have that R2-D2 thing listed in the AF list. I guess I was wrongo about it being a 3 3/4" figure. Wonder what the heck it is?

LTBasker
04-23-2002, 04:01 PM
They probably took the R2 folding playset mold and redid it's insides for a playset.

GSJ, I wouldn't worry too much, hopefully they're only doing this since they didn't really have anything else they could pack-in that would be cheap enough to make since all they had to do was just paint one stripe on the wings instead of 5.

Jangu Fett
04-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Hey RS can you give us a link to this sight. I'm not doubting you in any way, but I would love to see this for myself. BTW, thank for the great news.:D :D :D

rosel_sampson
04-24-2002, 07:12 PM
www.rebelscum.com

Jangu Fett
04-24-2002, 07:21 PM
What subject was it under? I went to rs.com, but couldn't find it.

SWAFMAN
04-24-2002, 09:03 PM
I saw a TON of AOTC stuff at my local wal mart, but no AF stuff. Was the AF stuff ever confirmed to be released later than other AOTC items, or was it all guessing? Has anyone seen any AF items on store shelves yet???

Jangu Fett
04-24-2002, 09:13 PM
From what I hear the new AOTC AF will be released in June. Hasbro has not given a reason for the delay.

haggie
04-24-2002, 09:14 PM
No new AFs yet. Since there aren't even pictures of the new AFs in the Cargo Bay, I'm not expecting them for a few months.

haggie
04-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Jangu Fett, the list in the first post is in the News section on Rebelscum.com. It was posted there the same day of the post in this forum so look in their news archive for that day. The list in the first post is just a copy/paste version of what was on Rebelscum.com so you wont find anything different there. There's also a list in the new Cargo Bay section on starwars.com that is very similar, and definitely more official.

Yoda Likes Golf
04-25-2002, 09:52 AM
What does Traget exclusive mean is it a shop or something or am i just really stupid :-)

Thanx for any help

haggie
04-25-2002, 12:49 PM
It's a product that will only be available at Target department stores. I don't imagine you have any of them in England.

jeddah
04-25-2002, 01:03 PM
YLG, a target exclusive - as Haggie says - is a set that is particular to the US Target shop. We get the same products, only we get them at our TRUs - which seems peverse seeing as the USers have TRUs too! :confused:

jeddah

Jangu Fett
04-25-2002, 06:20 PM
OK, so we know what, will most likely be the first( in a very long line, I hope) of the new AF. And from what was listed, we can all guess at what the second wave with be. Not from the classic line, but from the AOTC line. We will most likely see a Jedi Starfighter, hopefully a NEW Slave-1, Anakin and Zam Wessal's Airspeeders, a Genosian Fighter, and maybe a Spider Droid. And hopefully a lot more Battle Packs. Not just retreaded Target Exclusives, but Clone Troopers, Jedi, Battle/Super Battle/Destroyer Droids at all stores. However, I have a question. Why not release what is possibly the most recognized ship for AOTC, the Jedi Starfighter, in the first wave?:confused:

haggie
04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
'Cause Hasblow sucks big :mad:

vulcantouch
04-26-2002, 10:18 AM
cuz since they have tru in japan but not walmart or target, tokyo joe's depended on me to score him various things exclusive to the latter two (bwing w/sullust pilot, ywing w/pilot, jabba musicians, skiff w/luke etc).

SWAFMAN
04-26-2002, 01:05 PM
I posted a comment about this in one of the threads more specific to 3-3/4" figures, but wanted to ask if any other AF/MM collectors have seen these new, sorta clear-red laser blast plastic pieces that slip on to the end of the weapons on the 3-3/4" figures? My son got a couple of the preview figures, and when I saw the blast pieces, I immediately thought how Very Cool they'd look on the tips of the laser cannon on the AF ships. The recess looks too small for the pieces to fit over the tips of the AF ships' guns, but they might be able to be reamed out enough to slip on. But since these are all now Hasblo products, it seems they could make ones that DID fit properly for the AF ships. If anyone knows how or where to get a fistful o' these blasty things, short of buying 3-3/4" figures, please lemme know. Thank you veddy muchly.

shinakuma43
04-26-2002, 01:42 PM
I haven't bothered looking at any of the AOTC toys (they aren't MMs or AFs so what do I care) yet so I haven't seen the plastic laser blast pieces. It would be nice to have some for the AFs so if anyone can get them, or if anyone can make some, I'd be interested in getting some.

I've noticeda lot of talk about the new AFs and the Target exclusive BPs. What I haven't noticed is when it will all be released. The last I heard ws the first series of AFs will be released in July. it wouldn't surprise me to find that that is now incorrect. So, if anyone knows when any/all the new AF items will be released please let me know. I'm sure it was already posted, but I somehow managed to miss it if it was.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
04-26-2002, 02:22 PM
tried to edit my last post to include these hyperlinks, to avoid the dreaded perception of "post padding" but apparently you can't add hyperlinks when you edit a message.... [rolleyes]

here are some pics of the blast effects attached to the tips of weapons on the new figures:
pic #1 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=37473&pic_width=534& pic_height=765','image','765','534','win_ie','resi
zable,scrollbars,status');)
pic#2 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=37608&pic_width=549& pic_height=765','image','765','549','win_ie','resi
zable,scrollbars,status');) (this is one of the figures my son has, and the blasts do NOT look as blobby as it seems in this pic)
pic #3 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=38343&pic_width=529& pic_height=765','image','765','529','win_ie','resi zable,scrollbars,status');)
pic #4 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=42007&pic_width=668& pic_height=865','image','865','668','win_ie','resi zable,scrollbars,status');)
pic #5 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=38337&pic_width=617& pic_height=765','image','765','617','win_ie','resi zable,scrollbars,status');) the blue blasts might be cool for the Imperial ships!
pic #6 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=37397&pic_width=654& pic_height=765','image','765','654','win_ie','resi zable,scrollbars,status');) this one looks like a green blast effect.
pic #7 (java script: popwin('http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=37488&pic_width=618& pic_height=757','image','757','618','win_ie','resi zable,scrollbars,status');) (this one shows the blasts used apparently as thrusters from a jet pack)

okay, you get the idea......

AWWWWW SCREW IT!!!!! There's something funky about these links that doesn't want to appear properly in the post. It may not be at all that you can't add hyperlinks when you edit a message after its first posting. Just go here (http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=28735) and look at the loose pictures of Zam Wessel, B.Fett, Endor Rebel Soldier, and a couple others. Aggghhh!!!!! Sorry.....

JediTricks
04-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Swaffy, that's weird, could be a browser problem for you. You know, you could just drop the URLs down without making them links, they'll auto-link and then you can edit and add your text.

jeddah
04-27-2002, 11:00 AM
I'm as sure as I am that I'm suffering from a crazy hangover! We also get Target Exclusives in Debenhams too :)

BTW, VT, don't know how to break this to you, but Japan isn't the same place as UK :p ;)

jeddah

vulcantouch
04-27-2002, 11:27 AM
(chewie, take the professor over to gendiscuss & plug him into my new "celebs you love" thred :D )
in that case i spose you won't be needin my help gettin no targ-xclusive potj bwing, right? :p

jeddah
04-27-2002, 12:01 PM
JT, can we have a mooney emoticon, please ;)

jeddah
(already posted in your celeb thread VT )

Jangu Fett
04-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Does anybody know if the new AOTC or more to the point "Saga" Action Fleet line ships will have figures? Whether it be 1 or 2 of them, is there any to interact with the ships?

JediTricks
04-29-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by jeddah
JT, can we have a mooney emoticon, please ;)

jeddah
(already posted in your celeb thread VT ) A what?

LTBasker
04-29-2002, 12:00 PM
JT, Jeddah means a smiley face that it is mooning, ya know, showing it's rear end? :D

Jangu Fett, with the way Hasbro's doing stuff, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't put any figures in the vehicles and then sold the figures in exclusive sets at TARGET. :rolleyes:

Jangu Fett
04-30-2002, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, Hasbro may do just that. What about playsets for the AF? They never did any Coruscant AF playsets for EP1. And now with AOTC, there are even more playsets that Hasbro could, and should do for Coruscant. Personally I would love to see a Senate Chamber playset. They(Hasbro) could do Battle Packs for the Galactic Senate. Or how about a Jedi Temple? Theres more Battle Packs right there. How about some Kamino playsets, the Cloning Center, jango's Apartment/Landing platform, and a Genosian Arena playset?

Is it just me, or does it seem like Hasbro is not thinking straight? There is so much they could do for the AF, from all the SW movies. They don't need to be confined to just the movies. Look at the E-Wing and TIE Defender from the AF. Those ships, almost literaly, flew off store shelves.

JT could you ask someone from Hasbro to look at these forums? Maybe after looking they will learn how to please their costumers. And make back the money, that they lost in first quarter sales.

Glitch
04-30-2002, 07:01 PM
For the record, there were eight Episode II Action Fleet vehicles (including the Jedi Starfighter and Slave 1), and two mid-sized playsets designed for Hasbro.

Even though the ships are planned to be taken strait from the CG models, I am still a little concerned about Hasbro's maufacturing. I would die if they ended up looking like the Playmates Star Trek AF rip-offs! That translucent plastic on the figures is GRIM!! Galco (the overseas manufacturer of the orginal line) had this thing down to a science!

haggie
04-30-2002, 07:11 PM
It all comes down to their profit numbers. I'm sure they made money on the AF line, but that doesn't mean they made the astronimocal numbers they require to continure producing a product. Hasbro is the biggest toy company in the world and they expect every product to sell big. If it doesn't, it's gone. Galoob was a very small copany so their profit margins didn't have to be as large on their products in order to consider the line a success.

Unfortunately for us, the AFs just don't sell like the 3 3/4" figures do. Because there is such a demand for the figures they can produce an enormous number of each figure which allows the production costs per figure to go way down. Hasbro is making so much money on each figure that they can afford to keep making more and more molds for new figures.

I've been involved in the production of a board game and I can tell you that the creation of molds for even the most basic of plastic shpaes is astonimical. Once you have the mold, producing the product from that mold is really pretty cheap if you are going to produce a lot of them.

Keep in mind that Hasbro overproduced the TPM AF line. That totally changes all their plans for the AOTC AF line. Now they have to plan on producing less of each toy so they can sell through. That means they will have less toys to sell and their profit on each toy will be smaller. This equals less profit per toy, and less toys produced. Add it al together and you get very little profit. That doesn't looks very good on paper to the suits that run the show.

You can see how this is affecting everthing with the new releases. Hasbro obviously doesn't want to spend a lot of money creating new molds for a product that doesn't sell through the roof so they are re-using the old molds and creating a few new ones. By cutting out the cost of producing new molds they can spend less money per toy and make the line meet their profit margin (at least that's what they are thinking). Even if they don't sell the rehashes right away (or even sell all they produce), they will probably still make a profit because they spent so little producing them.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by haggie
Hasbro is the biggest toy company in the world...... except for Mattel ;).

Also, I believe before Hasbro's monopolyeating of Galoob, Galoob was #3 after Mattel & Hasbro, and right in front of Lego. From what it looks like on the outside, Hasbro just wanted the monopoly on Star Wars licenses (see Decipher for more of that) at any cost. Hasbro's Batman line certainly no longer makes them a fortune, yet they keep pumping that stuff out. Hasbro's US Action Man line is dead as a doornail, but still they sell product to retailers. As for making big money, look at the current FAO Schwarz-exclusive 4"-scale Imperial Shuttle - if the dang thing cost NOTHING, the most they could hope to make on the deal is $300,000 since only 5,000 will be made - and it's not like FAO, which has been ripped to corporate shreds recently, is a retailer they MUST give an exclusive to in order to get back on their good graces (unlike Target).

Hasbro is willing to blow a small fortune on these Force Link electronic mini-vehicles that aren't selling around here at all, yet they won't take a chance on a proven line that picked up once the mistakes of wave 1 were uncovered as the problem with the line? I dunno, that doesn't seem to compute.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Glitch
Even though the ships are planned to be taken strait from the CG models, I am still a little concerned about Hasbro's maufacturing. I would die if they ended up looking like the Playmates Star Trek AF rip-offs! That translucent plastic on the figures is GRIM!! Galco (the overseas manufacturer of the orginal line) had this thing down to a science! Ugh, poor Trek's Strike Force, that stunk so bad. After seeing Hasbro's "Force Link" mini-vehicle things, I'm afraid your fear is quite possible.

Sakay
05-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Has a release set been established yet? What about photos? It seems to me, quite possible hasbin probably doesn't even have ep2 series assembled yet. Why would they push all the recycled series that couldn't sell in the bargain bins! This is a conspiracy! Why not tease the public with a Ep2 Series vehicle? Maybe quite possible, because they haven't been made yet! Hasbin has blown it!

Jangu Fett
05-02-2002, 07:16 PM
I can't say Hasbro has blown it. Yet. They did say they would release AOTC AF, in June. So we all have to wait another month. Why there is no photos of the new AF is anyones guess. Maybe Hasbro has increased the details onthe new ships, and figures? That might be the reason there are no pics. Even Glitch has said that Hasbro has models of AF versions of the Jedi Starfighter, a NEW Slave-1, and 2 AOTC playsets. So we know that we will at least 2 wavs of Ep2 AF. Hasbro wouldn't throw money into the AF only to cancel it without testing the market. I am just as anxious as you are to see the sets, but. If I have to wait? Seeing them or not, won't stop me from buying them.

good shot jansen
05-03-2002, 07:24 AM
unfortunately hasbro would indeed throw money into af only to cancel it. they have a freakin' history of doing that!

neva kee,
bools rohr
niemodian shuttle
star destroyer
death star II
sebulbas alpha

i'm sure i could think of more, but there's a waves worth right there :(

jeddah
05-03-2002, 12:30 PM
i'm sure i could think of more, but there's a waves worth right there

tru dat, :(

good shot jansen
05-03-2002, 02:04 PM
MICRO MACHINES: Hasbro To Bring Back Actual Micro Machines... Maybe - Hasbro gives a little hope to Micro Machine collectors at SW Celebration II. Apparently, Hasbro does like to make money, or at least consider the possibility, because at the Star Wars Celebration II in Indiana today, they said that there will definitely be Episode II Action Fleet and that the actual Micro Machines line "may" return. Not the most solid statement of all times, but rumors had previously said that Hasbro had completely abandoned the Micro Machines format. SSG will keep you updated as the situation develops.

hmmmmmm, maybe.........just maybe............

Jangu Fett
05-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Any photos of the new AF from todays show?

rosel_sampson
05-03-2002, 05:51 PM
look at the falcon in the af section of the CII coverage...... its a speeder and the owners name starts with Z. guess who?:D

Jangu Fett
05-03-2002, 05:59 PM
I don't know about that. I did see the pic of Zam's airspeeder, but, it looks to be more scaled for the 3 3/4 inch figures. I do hope I'm wrong about that, though.

How come it was said that the AOTC AF is at C2, but there are no photos of them? And please let Hasbro bring back the MM line. I'm dying for a Republic Assault Cruiser, and Jedi Starfighter.

Jangu Fett
05-03-2002, 06:06 PM
That Zam Speeder was for the 3 3/4 inchers. I seen the pics of the display. Ship and beasts display. The 3 AF ships are next to the 2 larger Airspeeders. Sorry to burst everyones bubble:(

good shot jansen
05-03-2002, 06:13 PM
it ain't no celebration, i can tell you that!:frus:

they're still luggin' round the same old charcoal scarred over burnt falcon (crimminy, did they roast that thing over a slow fire for that new weathering effect or what?), the vaders tie fighter is different from what was shown at toy fair though. this ine ain't the battle damaged one from the death star playset, and the hatch is not the transparent one shown on the toy fair version. the x-wing photo is tgeken from such an angle that unfortunately you can't tell much about it, other than it is lukes red 5.

what can be seen clearly in the photos though is the stand, and that's where the troublin' thoughts begin.

we thought we were gettin' jerked 'round a bit when they only included one figure in the episode I stuff? well guess what kiddies? the new stands now have zero place to put the figure:mad: , that's right, clear as day, you can see the new and improved:rolleyes: stands, and now there is bupkiss with regards to figure placement:frus:

oy! what;s wrong with those fools in rhode island anyway?

i'm guessin' that they figured if there are no figures with the vehicles, we can drum up a ton 'o business for the new (retread) battlepacks, cause that's the only way the suckers (errrrr. customers) are ever gonna git a pilot to fly these brand spankin' (retread's) through the hasblow universe!

here's the link (http://systems.figures.com/gallery/album12)

whoop di doopty doo

grrrrrrrrr

Jangu Fett
05-03-2002, 06:28 PM
GSJ, is it possible that the AOTC AF, will be shown tomorrow? You did tell us that the EP2 AF would DEFINITLY be there. Not your fault you were told a lie. But, maybe, just maybe they(Hasbro) decided to wait til the weekend to show the new line? Being Friday a lot of people were at work. Tomorrow will be a different story. True there may have been a lot of folks at the show. Double or triple that number for the weekend.

JediTricks
05-04-2002, 01:26 AM
I never heard there would be any Ep2 Action Fleet at the con...

rosel_sampson
05-04-2002, 07:42 AM
woops i got carried away when i thought it was a episode II AF:cry:

Jangu Fett
05-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Thats my mistake. Good Shot Janson, posted a report saying there will definitly be a Ep2 AF. I misunderstood. I thought he was saying, there were AOTC AF at C2. Sorry about that.

SID
05-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Can anybody confirm a rumor that the royal starship from EP1 is destroyed in the ATOC and is replaced by a newly restyled ship?
:confused:

Jangu Fett
05-04-2002, 01:22 PM
SID we won't see the Naboo Royal Cruiser in AOTC, but, Padme does use 2 new Naboo ships to get around. One of which is destroyed, the Senatorial Barge. Padme's Ship doesn't get blown up. Check out the Cross Section book for pictures or both.

SID
05-04-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey JF do you know what that chromed finish ship is, seen on the ATOC previews?

Jangu Fett
05-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Well there are 2 different naboo ships in the film. One looks like a large flying wing, thats the Naboo Diplomatic Barge. The other looks like a long rocket, from old sci-fi movies. Thats simply known as Padme's Starship. Both ships have that chrome finish to them.

SID
05-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Thanks JF for that clarification,lets see them made in MM & AF as
lord Sedious would say "Make them all action fleet,all of them!"
yipes!:crazed:

haggie
05-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Here is a section concerning AFs from the Hasbro Q & A transcript from Rebelscum.com:

Q: How much development if going into the Action Fleet line?

A: We are relaunching Action Fleet. You see 3 examples of what we're going to do. Those are redecos. In other words, we enhanced the decoration on those (Millennium Falcon, X-Wing Fighter, and Vader's TIE Fighter). They are the same sculpts, but we're giving them a completely fresh look. We will be doing brand new Episode 2 vehicles because we will have all five movies to choose from. I think it's important to do a mix of Classic as well as Episode 1 and 2. The launch will include the Classic figures we have shown, but we will be doing brand new from scratch vehicles.

Q: Do you know which Episode 2 (Action Fleet) vehicles are in the drawing board?

A: I can't really tell you specifics, but I can tell you that you will be seeing Episode 2 vehicles and they'll all be brand new. But there will be Classic vehicles mixed in from time to time when we feel it's appropriate. It gives us an opportunity to possibly do brand new Classics as well.

Jangu Fett
05-04-2002, 06:28 PM
Yeah, thats great there will be new AF ships, but, I have just one question. Will there be figures with the new Action Fleet?

rosel_sampson
05-04-2002, 06:42 PM
why would they sell you a ship with no figures, thats not fun. actionfleet is a toy and toys are suppose to be fun.

Jangu Fett
05-05-2002, 05:17 PM
You know I think, you, me and few others are aware of that fact. But from the looks of it Hasbro isn't one of them.

shinakuma43
05-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Glitch: I'm glad to see someone thinks the ST Strike Force ships can't compare to the AFs. I made the mistake of openig up the 1701-D a long time ago and then realized it was a piece of junk and couldn't display it anywhere near my AFs. In fact I decided not to waste the space displaying it since I never wanted to look at it again.

I hope the EP II AFs are of the same quality as the originals. It would be great if Hasbro had the same outside firm do the work otherwise they probably won't be as nice.

Later,
S43

BTW Glitch, thanks for all the great info you've recently provided. I thought I knew quite a bit about AFs but I now know that I know nothing :)

haggie
05-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Okay, I know this is off the SWAF topic but, shinakuma43, can you tell me some more about the ST Strike Force ships and what is so bad about them? I've only seem pictures of them and have always been curious. I've always figured that I'd just buy a set one day so I need to know, are they really that bad? Should I just stay away from them all together? I'm not a huge Trek fan but I love the Klingon Bird of Prey and need to find a cool plastic representation of it.

Jangu Fett
05-05-2002, 06:50 PM
My opinion of the STSF is, that it's a good line. Nowhere near the detailing the AF had, but, a good line. Where as the AF ship cockpits are highly detailed, the SF "bridge" was a simple space with a command chair to hold the figure. And nothing else.

haggie
05-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Cool. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I decide to throw money at a set. If they aren't as good as AFs then I don't care to spend the same kind of money acquiring them. They are not a necessity like AFs.

Jangu Fett
05-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know what the Clone Trooper Transport is? Is it the Republic Assault Carrier, or the SPHA-T? In the Visual Dictionary it says the SPHA-T is a troop transport, but, the Cross Section book says what SPHA-T stands for ( Self Propelled Heavy Artillary- Turbolaser).

haggie
05-05-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm assuming it's the big ship that looks similar to a Star Destroyer. I haven't seen any of the books and I'm staying away from spoilers so I only know what I saw in the trailer and what I read (with caution) on TFN.

Jangu Fett
05-05-2002, 07:43 PM
I'm the opposite, I want to know everything I can about the movie. Especially when it concerns the ships. I mean, it's not going to stop me from seeing it. I don't think the name of the ship is a spoiler. Especially after you see the ship. But, that Star Destroyer is a Acclumator-Class Assault Cruiser. The success of this ship leads to the creation of the Victory 1 and 2. Which in turn leads to the Imperial 1 and 2. Then of course the Super Class star Destroyer.:sur: There is a ship we'll probably see in Episode III, the Victory Class Star Destroyer.

Sorry, I tend to get worked up talking Star Wars. Haggie, I hope what I said was not to much of a spoiler.

haggie
05-05-2002, 07:54 PM
I don't consider vehicle names spoilers. I'm only spoiler-sensitive about the "big stuff" like who lives/dies, or anything that might ruin a real surprize. Even if it is a small surprize or twist with no huge implecations I'd rather be surprized when I see the film. A good example is when Luke first comes accross Yoda. You have no idea it's actually Yoda until he reveals himself as Yoda. Mild surprize but a cool one none-the-less that I'm glad I didn't know about before seeing ESB. I just stay away from as much as I can to avoid the risk of running accross a spoiler. This means staying away from all the cool books like Incredible Cross-Sections, The Art Of, Visual Dictionary, etc. until after I see the movie. This just means that I've seen a lot of the ships but I have no idea what their names are.

Jangu Fett
05-05-2002, 08:16 PM
I wish, I had your patience. The suspence is to much for me. Star Wars was the first movie I ever seen. And it hooked me. Even now watching the first 4 movie with my son, that excitment that I felt back in 1977 comes back full FORCE, if you get my meaning. My son, Luke, is the same as me. I guess it's true, the apple doesn't fall far the tree:) . Not only does he look like I did, when I was his age. He also has the same passion for the SW movies and toys, I did. And do. Wait a minute...:eek: :sur: I'm starting to sound like I'm as old as Yoda. Anyway, for everyone like you, Haggie. I stay away from revealing any major spoilers on this post. I can't promise anything, though.;) Sometimes the news I get, from other SW fans, is to much to keep. To ones self.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 01:31 AM
I'd like to add that Trek Strike Force vehicles have some terrible gimmicks.

Yoda Likes Golf
05-06-2002, 10:53 AM
if there will be no figures included in the ep2 action fleet but instead the figure to fit the vechels would be in ep2 battlepacks then that wont be so bad.

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 12:13 PM
re: s43's
In fact I decided not to waste the space displaying it since I never wanted to look at it again.

gee, great. I just bought a set specifically as openers. I have all of them in boxes, and they don't look so bad. What the heck is up? unless the box's "window" is really a hologram showing a better looking model than what's really in the box, or there's a tiny booby-trap gas packet that ruptures when you open the box and morphs the plastic into something totally different than what I see through the box's window, then what is so bad about these ships?

Y'all know I'm an AF collector, through and through. I'm not trying to defend the PlaymAFes at all. I just want to know why there's such vehemence against these ships.

shinakuma43
05-06-2002, 04:23 PM
From what I remeber about the 1701-D is that is was very poorly made. I haven't looked at it in well over a year and actually have no idea where it is (I may have thrown it away). I looked decent in the box but after opening it up is when I realized just how inferior it was. The features are nothing like AFs, the figures suck, the stand sucks, and they even use a lot weaker plastics for them. The 1701 D is the only 1 I opened so maybe the others are better? It's possible. I don't have the BOP so I can't say anything about that one. I actually would like to have it but I won't go out of my way to get it and I won't be opeing it. You may like them, I could be a little too critical of them since I never really was a Star Trek Fan (Q and the Borg episodes are the only ones I really liked).

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
05-06-2002, 07:10 PM
I took a closer look at the boxed ones, and I'll admit that they're absolutuely way inferior to AF in every way. The k-bop is the only one that looks at all decently detailed or finished, but even that one is disappointing, with the exposed ends of the wing hinge pins, etc. And JT was very right about the patheticness of the "action" features. The maquis fighter is completely missing paint detail across the leading edge of the nose that is shown as a red stripe on the photos of it on its box! It appears that some of the detailing is done with stickers instead of paint, and on the Ent-D what is done with paint isn't applied evenly.

So, Shinakuma43, you're right that these will look pretty horrid out of their boxes displayed next to the AFs. Since I've already specifically purchased some as openers, I've decided that I'll still open them, but they'll be put somewhere separate from the AFs, maybe even hung from my son's ceiling.

Jangu Fett
05-06-2002, 07:11 PM
There really was nothing wrong with the SF. Other then they bit big time off the AF. The ships came with 2 figures, and in a box that looked similar to the Action Fleet. The figures were about 1/4 a inch taller then the AF figs. And the ships were about that much larger total, the the AF. My problem with the SF was the lack of interest, the company showed them. The ships were nowhere near as detailed as the AF. The plastic was much weaker then there SW counterparts. And the lack of details on the bridge. There was nothing, just a simple chair. No decals showing consoles, moniters nothing. In my opinion the earlyer ST Innerspace was far better.

SID
05-06-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey brother SWAFMAN,I agree with you the playmates star trek AF knockoff's look good in the box and thats about it,but their 5 sets of figure packs:away team,klingons etc. they look pretty good,and I got them all in my collection just for GP's.

Its to bad a few years ago Galoob did not take full advantage of the star trek licence they had and produced real star trek Action Fleet!

Have you ever checked out the Bandai micro items like: XYBER 9, Final Fantasy's copperhead assualt ship or the Gundam assualt carrier Albion,Peer Gynt,the Lilli Marleen?

By the way you have a very cool avatar DAWG!:crazed:

JediTricks
05-07-2002, 12:19 AM
SID's totally right about Bandai's micro work on Xyber9 and the FF movie Copperhead, they lacked in the cockpit details but more than made up for that in the rest of the designs. I wish I could say the same for the weak-arse Bandai mini-Gundam vehicles, but those are way overpriced (even for Bandai) and have little to show for the purchase IMO.

SID
05-07-2002, 11:08 AM
JT, I like the Xyber9 stuff all 7 of them especially "Tatanias" air striker.

The Bandai micro FF Copperhead is the best with that sleek profile!

As far as the micro Gundam stuff your right about the lack of quality on that lot,but the assault carrier "Albion" is worth checking out DAWG.

Picture of copperhead sideview attached.

SID
05-07-2002, 11:12 AM
Copperhead front view;

SWAFMAN
05-07-2002, 04:39 PM
SID, I do have the FF copperhead (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=34041#post34041), and sent one to GSJ, too. I think it is very comparable in detail, quality, action features, and price point, to the AF line. It displays very well along side the Afs. My one complaint with it is the rubbery wings cause my right nacelle to droop a bit, compared to the left-side one. Plus, it took a helpful hint from JT for me to discover the purpose and location for the rappel poles. Otherwise, and overall, I really like it a lot. I had a chance last year to buy the whole xyber-9 line at Big Lots for about $7.00 each, but I passed. Not because I didn't think they were cool and nicely detailed, but because I just wasn't ready to get into collecting another line. I haven't seen the gundam ships yet, but will watch for them.

SID
05-07-2002, 09:14 PM
SWAFMAN gadnabit,those repel poles got you too?
It took me a few minutes to figure out where those things went also.

I wish the FF movie would have done better at the box office, I talked the guys at Bandai America here in california and asked them what happened to the FF micro "Black Boa" Aki's ship and they told me it was cancelled along with some other FF micro items from that movie.:cry:

Que sera,sera Dawg!:crazed:

Picture of Aki's ship " Black Boa" attached.

Jangu Fett
05-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know if the new AOTC AF, will include figures with the ships? Or will we be forced to buy a Battle Pack for figs? Personally I don't have a problem with that, yeah the ship wouldn't have a figure to place into the cockpit. But if we are forced to buy BP for figs to go with the ships, we get something like 8 or 10 figs for that one ship. If Hasbro is going to do something like this, Hasbro just made me very happy. The reason for this is, larger variety of figures. Really, more charaters in general. And just imaging the armies you could create with a Clone Trooper BP. Or how about the Jedi? Just thinking about that is making my mouth water. We would be able to recreate the battle scenes from the film.

And I don't think Hasbro would have a problem with that set up? More money from our pockets, to theirs.

SID
05-07-2002, 09:33 PM
JF I dont have clue what there going to do about the figs,
but what your saying is a very good idea. ;)

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 04:56 AM
SID, you didn't even change the file name from figures.com! Too funny, 'cause I have the exact same image in my HD with the same numerical name. :D

I guess I'll give a closer look to the Albion, but the 2 carded ones were so lame that I really couldn't imagine the boxed ones (which don't even look like they have insides beyond the smooth, detail-free walls) being any better.

haggie
05-09-2002, 02:22 PM
We have new photos! Check out the new thread:

http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7844

rosel_sampson
05-09-2002, 03:36 PM
:o id rather have eII action fleet and im not buying any of those untill i get my af sized coruscant luxury speeder!!!!!!:frus:

Jangu Fett
05-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Sorry RS, but even you know we won't see that until the second wave is released.:cry: But then again the way Hasbro runs things I'm not sure we'll see anything AF after June. Hasbro knows everyone that collected the AF and MM lines are dying for the AOTC ships not retreads. Yet they don't show us anything. Glich posted shots of the AOTC AF on another post, only to take it down, due to technical problems. That was Monday. There still are no photos. Glich, I don't thinks been online for a week. I hope when he does come back on he can show us something good. Even 1 ship photo of the new sets would calm me.

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 11:28 PM
I can't imagine why Tomy had these BPs shown and not Ep 2 AF, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with Hasbro telling us that ep 2 was pushed back to late Summer/early Fall.

SWAFMAN
05-10-2002, 03:35 PM
I'd say it has something to do with Hasbro telling us that ep 2 was pushed back to late Summer/early Fall.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jangu Fett
05-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Is it just me, or doesn't Hasbro know what their doing? Why release classic AF, and not what everyone wants? The AOTC AF ships, BP, and Playsets? If HAsbro is only going to release classic AF sets in June, why list the AOTC sets now? Why not wait until a month before they are going to release the AOTC sets. I mean, Hasbro has everybody crawling out of there skins for just pics of these new sets. And their still making us wait!?!?!?

SID
05-10-2002, 08:28 PM
It feels like that old heinz catchup commercial,"Anticipation its keeping me waiting" sing it all together now!:crazed:

Jangu Fett
05-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Sorry Big S, I don't mean to rant, but. Come on, you have to agree. Enough is enough. Maybe, just maybe, since Hasbro going to release the AOTC AF later in the year. Maybe they will release the new MM line they said "may" return? Let's all hope.

good shot jansen
05-10-2002, 10:31 PM
it ain't like we've been waitin three years or..................oh! excuse me, my mistake! we have been waiting three years now for any kind of micro machine retread, new, whatever.

i guess i can wait a few more measly months.......................oy!

haggie
05-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey now. It's only been 2 years since the Infiltrator, Royal Starship, TF Tank, Droid Control Ship wave. ;)

SID
05-11-2002, 01:00 AM
JF there's no ranting coming from you brother,I just call it diehard dedication to a great collectible toyline,and thats why I love this MM & AF forum because there ain't no half stepping here,you guys are the real deal DAWG!:crazed:

SWAFMAN
05-11-2002, 02:04 PM
this is sorta off-topic (okay, it's WAY off-topic :)), but I picked up a Tatooine Accessory Set today at K-Mart for the 3-3/4" figures, for only about $1.50. I don't collect this stuff, but the price was too good to pass up. It has a tan color real fabric poncho, a blaster rifle & blaster pistol, a backpack, a data pad (Watto's), and a yellow droid that has spring loaded wheels where you roll it backwards a little bit & let go, and it zooms forward. The droid looks kinda cool.

If anyone wants it, please lemme know.

jeddah
05-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I love those droids, there was a "how to" on the RPF a few months ago. I'd love to make one, but R2 is rather demanding and I don't want too many projects on the go. I've already shelved my moisture vaporator and Space dock "standard lamp" plans till I finished my R2s

(just helpin' you stay OT ;))
jeddah

Yoda Likes Golf
05-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Will there be aotc battlepacks and possibley playsets?
Is the clone tank aotc action fleet vechle the AT-TE and is the dropship the other version of the republic gunship or is it the huge Republic Assualt ship?

Jangu Fett
05-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, I think since there is BP for the classic AF, there should be some for AOTC. I don't know if that Clone Tank is the AT-TE. It may be that SPHA-T(Self Propelled Heavy Artillary-Tubrolaser). The Republic Troop Transport is most likely the Republic Assault Ship, and the Clone Dropship is probably the Republic Gunship. But until we see photos we'll be stuck with guessing.:confused:

Glitch
05-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Hi guys,

I just wanted to clear something up. I have noticed, more than once on this board, that people have been blaming Hasbro for the overproduction of Episode 1 Action Fleet and Micro Machines. Truth be told, Hasbro has NEVER releases a dedicated Star Wars AF or MM product to this day. Unfortunately, the overproduction lies squarely on the shoulders of those that made the decisions at Galoob.

I remember seeing the paperwork for the quantities that were going to be produced for the first wave of product, and my eyeballs nearly fell out of my head. The numbers were FAR beyond ANYTHING that company had ever produced - especially after the enforced, shortened production of the final wave of Classic Trilogy and EU Action Fleet (Sail Barge, E-wing, etc...).

To be honest, Galoob had to. After spending SOOOO much to get the license from LFL, they were forced to sell some serious quanitities. Face it, who didn't over produce E1 product? The failure to meet these numbers is what left Galoob vulnerable to Hasbro's in their efforts to consolidate the Star Wars toy license.

Anyway, as nice as it would be to blame Hasbro for EVERY problem in the toy industry today. This one was the fault of Galoob, and no one else.

vulcantouch
05-13-2002, 12:04 PM
i.e. it was Lucasfilm who back in '97 insisted on a controlling interest in galoob in exchange for prequel licensing. soon after, surprise surprise, galoob sells itself to hasbin, & then makes Just enough missteps to "justify" the line's hiatus :( phantom menace indeed; Someone was certainly inspired by sidious' divide&conquer style :p hard to see the dark side may be, but since vt's the Bringer of Clarity, leave that to me :Pirate:
whatwhat i wanna know is, what does lucas have against mms? whatsamatta jorge, aren't mms spensive enough?? did the fact that, for example, a fan could own a faithful 3d depiction of virtually Every trilogy vehicle for $40 (via the 40-mmship box) rather than spend a minimum of twenty Times that amount for a comparable range of larger-scale sw vehicles just rub you the wrong way? well too bad, cuz i'm a stubborn cuss who's seen the mm light & a tightwad to boot, & now that i've been given the opportunity to own ~175 different scifimm ships, i just ain't gonna settle for Any other format, so :p
vt

SWAFMAN
05-13-2002, 03:18 PM
I was going through some older image files, and found a bitmap of this SST TAC Fighter Squadron scene. I thought it was really nice, and wanted to share it with the group. I converted it to .jpg, and it is attached below. I hope you enjoy it....
(makes a cool wallpaper!)

haggie
05-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Glitch
Anyway, as nice as it would be to blame Hasbro for EVERY problem in the toy industry today. This one was the fault of Galoob, and no one else.

But it's so fun to call Hasbro 'Hasblow' or 'Hasbin'. There aren't any funny names for Galoob that anybody has thought of yet. :)

I guess it's been the easy and obvious choice to blame Hasbro. We all have deep affection for Galoob because they made MMs and AFs in the first place. Once Hasbro bought them out it was easy for all of us to fall into thinking that our beloved Galoob was beat up and had it's lunch money stolen by the Hasbro bully.

Jangu Fett
05-14-2002, 09:30 PM
I was under the impression, that Hasbro had exclusive rights for the E1 AF and MM. I didn't know it was still Galoob who made the sets. I apologize for bad mouthing Hasbro, but they do have to get their act together on the new AOTC sets. I mean, Hasbro is being very secretive about the AF. Why? No photos of any sets, no known BP, or playsets for the AOTC sets. No direct answers to any AF or MM questions. Yeah, great Hasbro bringing back the AF but all we see are re-releases. And now they say the MM "may" return? Whats that about? Just give us some straight answers. Knock off this spy, need-to-know bull.:frus: :frus: :frus:

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Hasbro bought Galoob right before Ep 1 came out, and Hasbro pulled the plug on the last waves of MM and AF and DC.

As for this "may return", I don't think it's secretive, it's that Hasbro doesn't seem to know how to make up their minds on the issue.

SID
05-16-2002, 10:36 AM
JT your right,according to the business section of the old San Francisco Examiner,hasbro purchased Galoob in 1997,so that has to lead you to believe hasbro had a say so for the final EP-1 MM & AF product before it's release in 1999.:(

r2dee2
05-21-2002, 09:02 AM
SSG (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=275) reports confirmation of AF.

good shot jansen
05-21-2002, 09:51 AM
it would be so cool, if they retool the naboo fighter with the proper length rat tail, now that action fleet shouldn't be confined to the 6 inch requirement anymore. at least that's what one would think as habro now runs the whole shebang. (no competition and such)

wow a dooku solar sailer, that's awsome!!!!

i only hope that the sales of the falcon are such that it insures that deliveries will be made on the 2nd wave. (i don;t have too much faith in the vaders tie or the x-wings moving in such great numbers, as they are still readily available in their initial released form on ebay for not too much moolah)

i don't think i could stand another tpm dibacle in which the 2nd wave(and subsequent 3rd wave) action fleet vehicles were not readily attainable cause the 1st wave remianed to gather dust on the shelves:rolleyes:

Yoda Likes Golf
05-21-2002, 10:15 AM
Is there just 3 ships in the second and first waves ,what about the republic gunships and battlepacks?

SWAFMAN
05-21-2002, 04:01 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble being positive about this. For heaven's sake, the ONE ship I most identify with EP2 is the rebel starfighter with hyperdrive ring, and it's not mentioned!

GSJ points out that one benefit of Hasbro's running the AF show is a potential loosening of the size restrictions. But the other aspect to Hasbro making AFs is that they are also making the larger (are they higher profit margin??) versions of the Star Wars ships.

When Galoob was a separate, competetive entity to Hasbro, it was a great move to undercut the larger-sized, higher price point Hasbro vehicles with smaller, but still good-sized ships with excellent playability features. But now I can imagine some exec sitting at a meeting table saying, "Why the he[ck] should we compete with ourselves by making a smaller $10 version, that's arguably just as fun to play with, as the bigger one we're already trying to sell for $20?"

Sorry folks. I really don't enjoy being a downer.

**added at 10:40 PM 5/21/02 in reply to JanguFett's post below:
Jangu, believe me, I hope you're right. And I appreciate your qualifying your comments with the part about not wanting to sound argumentative, but please don't worry about that with me. I love the fact that this forum gives us all a venue to present our POV, and although I may not always agree with the views posed by others, I also know that I'll never learn or grow if I'm never exposed to thoughts other than my own. So keep posting!!

Jangu Fett
05-21-2002, 09:32 PM
First to Yoda, they only mentioned three ships. That doesn't mean thats all we'll see.;) And your not the only ones hoping for BP from AOTC.

Second. SWAFMAN, please don't think I'm defending Hasbro, or arguing with you. I'm just as upset with the way their handling the whole AF. But just having Hasbro bring back the AF, say something. What that is, I don't know. Do you really think Hasbro would going through the process of creating a line because they thought it wouldn't sell? They know this line is a winner. And they know of another winning line. One that we probably won't see till winter. The Micro Machines.

As for the Jedi Starfighter, who knows way Hasbro wouldn't include that in the first waves. I also think it is the most reconized ship from AOTC. I think they will make a Jedi Starfighter, I'm hoping they also make Jango's Slave-1. Maybe these ships will be included in the second wave? The release date for these is still 4 months away. Hasbro may add them into the second wave. If not, well we'll all have to wait till the third wave.

And I have a question to anyone. Does anyone think we'll see playsets for the new AF, like the ones for TPM? A perfect mini scene , I think, would be the Forward Command Post with 2 Clone Troopers.

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Playsets? I sincerely doubt it.

haggie
05-21-2002, 10:39 PM
I don't think there's much hope for playsets either. Not only were the TPM playsets the TPM AF shelf warmers in the most abundance but anybody who made regular stops to TRU over the last six years will tell you that the playsets in the original AF lines were shelf warmers too.

Lord Tenebrous
05-21-2002, 11:07 PM
It could go either way, unfortunately, but I hope for you guys that it works.

If I were working at Hasbro, I'd be asking myself, what can I make for $10 that would cost more than $30 to make in the action figure line? There's no current comparative product or competition for the Falcon/X-wing/Vader TIE wave, and there won't be for the AT-TE/Solar Sail/N-1 wave, either.

The follow-up waves should also have no comparative product, with offerings like Starfigher w/Booster ring, Hailfire Droid Tank, Spider Droid Tank, AT-TE Carrier, Sonic Wave Tank, etc.

Hasbro has the opportunity to market a tabletop Clone War battle, something that collectors can put anywhere to recreate the climatic battle of AOTC and beyond in its glory. To squander this is unacceptable.

And with their current choices, it's strike one for them.

good shot jansen
05-22-2002, 07:40 AM
the alpha naboo makes an excellent substitute!

if i were to kit bash and make a af custom of the jedi fighter, that's where i would start:)

JediGoofy
05-22-2002, 10:02 AM
What Swafman is saying makes sense!
It is unlikely Hasbro will put on the market two products in competition between themselves.
And the choice of vehicles of the two announced waves is a confirmation to that: none of the AF vehicles are also presented in the Saga toy line (with the exception of the X-wing recently announced as a TRU exclusive, but the X-wing is the most recognizable and famous of all SW starships).
If this is true it will give quite strict boundaries to AF production (because I am pretty sure they will try to put the most important E2 vehicles in the most expensive toy line). :(
Unfortunately this can be very dangerous if the less important vehicles, issued in the AF line, will sell poorly (if they are appealing just to the die-hard collectors).

What makes me mad is there would be less competition between MM and Saga vehicles, but Hasbro asserts MM do not sell, so they are not producing them. :mad:

Anyway at least two AF waves are quite sure. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. I wonder why they did not include the Neimoidian Shuttle (which was already prototyped!). :confused:

Jangu Fett
05-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Why is everyone saying Hasbro won't want to compete with themselves for the same ship? Why would it be a competion? Think about it, they will make money of both Af ships and ships for the 3 3/4 inchers. And not everybody will buy both. Someone will stay loyal to the larger ships and not bother with the AF. Anyway none of us know for sure what Hasbro will do. They might surprise everyone? Then again they might not? We'll all have to wait and see.

Sakay
05-22-2002, 07:01 PM
We need to consider Hasbro is fueling a demand. To put so much product on the shelves, us the consumer will be forced to choose. With a well drawn out retail plan, we the consumer, who I would assume the majority of us can't afford everything on the shelves, will, through a drawn out retail promotion be able to afford everything, and possibly feel motivated to buy outside there current cryteria of collecting. Lets consider the difficulties of the Ep1 promotion and excessive dollar bin sales, this was not an effective way to make a profit. Sure the consumer was happy, but in the long run the numbers did not reflect a healthy retail profit. Don't blame Hasbro, there still in it for the money and satifying its consumer. Patience Young Padawan.

Jangu Fett
05-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Well put Sakay. Your exactly right, Hasbro will try to please all their costumers. Hasbro knows what ships everyone will be after. What better way to sell a item then to make people wait for it. Think about it. Hasbro is teasing everyone, making everybody stir for a bit before giving the masses what they want. I have little doubt that we will see the Jedi Starfighter, Jango's Slave-1, Anakin's Speeder or Zam Wessel's Speeder for the Action Fleet. Hasbro is waiting for everyone to get their fill of the larger ships. Then lower the number of those release to make way for the AF versions. That way they wont compete with each other, and Hasbro makes the money off the ships. And pleases everyone. And yes, right now you don't see a AT-TE in stores for the 3 3/4 figures. That doesn't mean you wont. It's just reversed, AF first then a large one for the 3 3/4 inch line. Hasbro, I think, WILL surprise everybody.

Yoda Likes Golf
05-23-2002, 09:47 AM
I dont know how long i can wait for aotc action fleet ,today me and freind had a little wargame based on the end battle in aotc for the separtists we used battle droids mtts rebel troopers hoth troopers and military micro machines and for clone troopers we used storm troopers and navy troopers all in all about 400 figures unfortunets the clone troopers lost :-( who were commanded by me

Jangu Fett
05-23-2002, 09:12 PM
You know I remember a while back, Glich mentioned that Hasbro made 8 AOTC AF ships to start the line with. Two of those, he said was Jango's Slave-1 and the Jedi Starfighter. My guess is that they will be released at a later date. But, what I remember most is that he said there were 2 AOTC AF mid-sized playsets made also. So maybe those playsets and hopefully more ships, BP and playsets will follow this first wave of AOTC AF items. That, unfortunetly, is still 4 months away.

Anyone, who wants to see that post it is on page 3 of this forum.

Glitch
05-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Actually, I said that eight vehicles and two playsets were DESIGNED for Hasbro. Four ships have made it past the proto phase, and have moved into production,

What happens with the other four vehicles and the playsets is dependent on sales. For the record, the playsets have traditionally been a hard sell.

Little confession...I have always preferred the playsets over the vehicles.

:eek:...dodges tomato.

Sheilds up...

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Wow! I can't imagine the AF playsets without the AF vehicles, or do you mean the MM playsets Glitch?

Jangu Fett
05-27-2002, 06:58 PM
I just got back from a local Target store, sorry nothing new to report. But I pick up a Force Link Zam Wesell's Speeder, and after comparing the size to a AF figure I realized. This speeder is the perfect size for a new AOTC AF Battle Pack ship. With some minor redesigning. Like a opening cockpit and seats for figs, add about 5 figures or so. And, there you go a NEW BP for E2. I don't know if Anakin's Speeder is a good size for another BP. I haven't been able to pick it up yet.

haggie
05-27-2002, 07:06 PM
What is a Force Link product?

Jangu Fett
05-27-2002, 07:28 PM
The Force Links ships are electronic clips. Like large key chains. They are about 3 to 4 inches long and have light and sound. And they interact with each other. pair Anakin's Speeder and the Jedi Starfighter together and they "deliver friendly speech. Pair, say the Jedi Starfighter and Slave-1 you get "warning speech". If you get the chance, check them out they are pretty cool.

SWAFMAN
05-28-2002, 12:30 PM
When I first saw those, I was excited for a moment because I thought I'd spotted some new AF product in different packaging. Then, when I saw the paint job closer, I was relieved that it wasn't AF! They went pretty darn cheap on the paint on those force link things, didn't they?

Jangu Fett
05-28-2002, 09:07 PM
Except for the Jedi Starfighter, I thought the paint jobs on the Force Links were pretty good. I think they could have done a better job on detailing the ships. And, I don't think your the only one who thought they were new AF. I nearly fell over. I, too, thought they were AF. And just like you I was disapointed to find out that they were not. With the exception of the Slave-1 and the Jedi Starfighter Force Links. The 2 Speeders would have made great AF ships. Slave-1 was to small, and the Jedi Starfighter well that was a good size, but the over all design and paint for that needed a major overhaul

JediTricks
05-29-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Jangu Fett
With the exception of the Slave-1 and the Jedi Starfighter Force Links.... That's half the line! ;)

I haven't been too impressed by these lately, they're very pricey and have screw holes in a side of the vehicle instead of the bottom (at least, I think they do). I'll probably pick them up at clearance though.

Glitch
05-29-2002, 12:57 PM
The paint and detail on the Force Links make me positively ill. They were the resullt of a concept session were we submitted designs to Hasbro and we rounded it out with a few lame "filler concepts" to add volume. Guess what? That is the concept that Hasbro liked most. They liked the "fashion aspect" of it.

We had some REALLY cool ideas (inclding a M.A.S.K. scale series of figures, playsets and vehicles) that they virtually ignored!!!!! We put a TON of work into those concept, and they chose the lame one we did in the 23rd hour as filler!!! When will we ever learn? Ask me about the "Interactive Yoda" some time.

Damn, that M.A.S.K. concept was REALLY cool! Everything was nice and to relative scale. Oh well....nothing can stand in the way of "fashion."

Jangu Fett
05-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Fashionable? I don't know about that. I just got one to see what it was like. I will, most likely get the other 3, just to complete the set.

Glitch, you said you were trying to get the go ahead for a M.A.S.K. size Star Wars sets? That would have been awesome. To bad the big-wigs at Hasbro didn't think so. I wonder what they think of the AF? One more thing, do you know of any Battle Packs in the works for the AOTC AF?

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 03:23 AM
MASK-scale?!? My mighty heart is breaking!!! Oh what I wouldn't have done for that, MASK and it's younger sibling Vor-Tech (who died a death far too early, especially after seeing those awesome wave 2 pictures) are sooo cool, they're one of the lines of toys I can never get enough of.

Glitch, I totally agree with you about the paint and details on those Force Links, I was looking at them at WM tonight ($10 each, and people bought up all the Zam ones already! Did Hasbro see them coming or WHAT?!?) and they have this ugly translucent color thing going on, they have lame LEDs that seem to have no real reason to be there, and Slave 1 is all screw holes... oh yeah, and they have cut-aways to allow for the clip-on ropes. So you're saying these (and probably spun off from this "SW fashion" idea, the clip-on weapons) are what Hasbro thinks the market wants?!?

If you ever want a platform to put some of this stuff out there, LMK, we'll do an "interview" or something on the main page of the site.

... man, that MASK line would have been freakin' awesome, maybe as great as Action Fleet. I weep for our loss. :cry: Why does Hasbro always have to treat SW as if the toys were somehow beneath their merits?!? To paraphrase Anakin in E2, "IT'S ALL HASBRO'S FAULT! THEY'RE HOLDING US BACK! I HATE THEM FOR IT!!!"

Jangu Fett
05-30-2002, 08:06 PM
Any pics of the new AF? Not the classic releases, but the AOTC sets? Any pics of the ships and whatever else Hasbro will release for that line, like Battle Packs.

darthcarlos
05-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi, Guys

I have a question. What is a M.A.S.K. sized Star Wars vehicle?

Thanks

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small".....MICROMACHINES

Jangu Fett
05-30-2002, 09:31 PM
M.A.S.K. was a action figure/ vehicle toy line. The figures were about 2 1/2 inches, with special weapons masks. The vehicles would look like normal, evreyday cars, bikes, helicopters, whatever. Then after pressing a button, the car, or bike would transform into a jet fighter, or helicopter. Respectively. Check on Ebay, I'm sure they will have some on there, for you to look at. And get a better idea of what I'm talking about.:)

haggie
05-30-2002, 11:29 PM
MASK was one of my favorite toy lines growing up. Check them out here:

http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/all/category16468/index.html

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 12:42 AM
A very cool M.A.S.K. site: http://www.geocities.com/boulder_hill_hq/

darthcarlos
05-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info!!

Darth Carlos

Jangu Fett
06-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Did anyone else happen to notice, that on SW.com, Cargo Bay. The Naboo N-1 Fighter is maked as property for E2? I wonder if the figure thats included with it will be Captain Typho or Padme in a Flight Suit?

Paul-Kenobi
06-27-2002, 11:24 PM
i wish stuipd Hasbeen would give us a Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring but they never give us anything we want!!!!:frus: :frus: :mad: :mad: :mad:

britcit3
07-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Just been browsing www.toysrus.com - did a search under action fleet.

Apparently both waves of new AF's will be released on 10 August.

Lookin' good.

BC3

SWAFMAN
07-01-2002, 02:16 PM
what's with this "hero" vehicle and "villian" vehicle crud? Is it the jedi troop transport & the dooku vehicle, or what?

haggie
07-01-2002, 02:22 PM
...or the X-Wing and the Darth TIE.

Sakay
07-01-2002, 05:19 PM
MAYBE ITS THE JEDI STARFIGHTER AND THE SLAVE I?

YEAH RIGHT!

JediTricks
07-02-2002, 03:45 AM
I believe it's the way Hasbro is sending out their data, Hasbro gets to hold back on pertinent details that might get leaked when they don't want info leaks while retailers get to add important UPC and product codes to the impending products.

Jangu Fett
07-02-2002, 08:34 PM
I agree with SWAFMAN, I think the "hero" ship is the Clone Troop Transport, or maybe a Republic Gunship. The "villian" ship is most likely Dooku's Solar Sailor.

I hope more then anything that Sakay is right, that it is the Jedi Starfighter and jango's Slave-1. If it's not, I'm sure we'll see them in the second or third wave. Along with both Anakin and Zam's Airspeeder.