PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness at Toys R Us

Darth Nanny
04-19-2002, 07:49 AM
If you are one of the lucky few with a Toys R Us near you taking part in Midnight Madness, what time do you think the que will start to ensure you are within the first 60 people to be given a free Toyfare Vader :confused:
10.00, 8.00, 6.00pm on the monday night :(
Mind you, they will probably all have bent sabers, so who cares :mad:

mightywhelk
04-19-2002, 08:00 AM
Good old Norridge isn't one of the lucky ones - I'll have to make do with a prize draw coupon.

Never mind, as you say, it will probably have been mangled up in transit anyway.

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 08:07 AM
Same here. Nothing nearby, and as far as i can tell, nothing in the Midlands at all.
Oh well, I didn't really want that Vader anyway.

On what sort of scale will the EP2 toys be released over here? Do you think its likely that we'll all be able to get at least one of every figure we want at retail? And does anyone know how much the Slave I will cost in ?

Let me know if you have any info about the UK release.
Cheers

mightywhelk
04-19-2002, 08:14 AM
If we were to suppose that Argos were the benchmark, the preview figs there are priced at 5.99, so I would imagine this may be the case at other large outlets like TRU or Big W.

Based on the Argos price of 22.99 for the Jedi Starfighter (got mine last sunday), Slave 1 probably will weigh in around the 30 mark but that's just my insane ramblings.....

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 08:33 AM
Ramblings appreciated.
What do you think the likelihood of getting a Count Dooku will be?

mightywhelk
04-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Slim by the sounds of it because they seem to bee in fewer numbers from the offhowever, your TRU will open at 9am as normal so that means that there will be 1) no kids (except those who are bunking off so you can grass them up) and 2) Most people will have to be at work at this time and won't go until their lunch breaks. Therefore I think that it won't be too bad and you should be able to get hold of (most of) what you want.

Fortunately, I do flexi time so I can amble into work at any time before 10.30 giving me the perfect window of opportunity.....

I for one will be heading for Slave 1 - mainly to compare it to the SOTE version because it is my favourite of all the vehicles. What will you be on a mission to obtain?

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 09:08 AM
I haven't decided yet, I've looked at all the pictures on here, hasbro and rebelscum but i've been trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible. So i'm probably less well informed that many of the members here about which figures do what are how good they are loose.
I've made a list of all the figures I want to hold and evaluate, but I probably can't afford more than five (at a push). I'm not a completist anyway, so its not a disaster by a long way.

Here's my shortlist:
Hanger Duel Anakin (might just wait till they release a nice resculpt)
Clone Trooper
Kit Fisto (maybe it'll look better in person, maybe)
Nikto (me wantee)
Shaak Ti (might look nice next to my Eeth Koth POTJ)
Tusken Female (me wantee)
Dexter Jettster
Taun We
Luminara Unduli (seen good and bad photos)

And whoever else I might find. I'm trying to be really sensible and only buy things that i'll really really want sat on my desk and shelves, not just anything and everything.

In the pictures the Slave 1 looks nice, but I have a feeling that if i buy it ill just have a huge piece of expensive plastic crap that i don't want.

Anyway, best of luck to all the UK contingent.

mightywhelk
04-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Yeah, good luck Kadamontaga and everyone else. May our shelves be full and our wallets empty.

BTW, it's just occured to me that for once, the UK will get something BEFORE the US! Our midnight madness will happen a good few hours before them HAHAHAHAHA!

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 09:32 AM
NEWSFLASH

My girlfriend just phoned my from Woolworths in Guildford, Surrey.
She's found some AOTC figures there, here's a list of all i remember:

Obi-Wan coruscant
Anakin - peasant
super battle droid
R2-D2
C-3PO
Kit Fisto
Padme
Jango - Kamino escpae

Jedi Starfighter

She said they are priced at 5.99 and that they all look pretty crappy. Particularly the paint jobs. She's bought an Artoo anyway though (she's crazy about the droids).

We were both in the shop little over a week ago, which was after the Woolworth's ****-up had been fixed, so they've been put on the shelves since then.

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 09:34 AM
She just phoned me again.
They wouldn't sell it at the checkout.

Sorry for getting anyone excited.

mightywhelk
04-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Cheers! I'm now going to have a look

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 09:41 AM
No! mightywhelk! Come back!!!!

mightywhelk
04-22-2002, 03:47 AM
Too late, I'd already gone! My local had nothing anyway. However, Argos had some stuff in, I got hold of Slave 1, Yoda and R2-D2. They had other stuff like the Red Clone Trooper and Anakin Hangar Duel which wouldn't be in until Wednesday. I also got Jango Kamino Escape and Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase on European cards at a local toyshop.

All in all it was a bit of a result considering I was being dragged around the shops by 'her' on a spirit crushing quest for shoes.