PDA

View Full Version : troopbuilder kit

187-Maul
04-19-2002, 09:05 AM
just wanted to review he troopbuilder kit (remember, this is not the 4-pack which the fan-club will sell)
well the parts all come in one plastic bag and that means that there are some paint scratch marks on some parst but nothing big really
every bag contains parts for 10 stormtroopers and every trooper comes in 14 parts, 2 pins for the knee joints and a rifle and a riflerack
most rifleracks are totally bend and screwed up so you can't use them anymore, the rifles are also a bit bend but you can get that right with a bit bending yourself - you can also take the time and try bending the racks back to normal but that would take A LOT of time
to the figure assembling:
I used boiling water to get the underarm joints soft so you can get them better in the upperarms
to get the leg together you have to do a bit more: you have to get the pin (looks like this (==) ) trough the upper- and underleg but the pin is made of hard plastic and you can't get that soft with boiling water so I cut one end off (== cut here) put he pin (== though the holes and glued the other part ) on the other side of the joint so you don't have a hole left on the joint (now I hope you understood it)
BTW they packed something wrong: there are 11 right "underlegs" and 9 left "underlegs" packed in one bag (looks like all bags have this cause my brother who ordered it too had the same problem)
back to the assembling:
it's pretty hard to get the upper body together so I'll probably use some boiling water today again so I can get the parts soft and push the body better together
overall this set is a great chance for europeans (and other people who missed the CT troopers) to get some troopers for a reasonable price (10 figs = 60 euro)
you can order them at www.toy-palace.de - great site, I ordered there a couple of times for BIG summes and hadn't had any problems

kadamontaga
04-19-2002, 10:14 AM
Hi,
Thanks for allerting us to this :) I might be able to order some later, but I'm not sure if that will be possible yet.
You said that they had packed too many right legs i think - does this render the figures unusable?

187-Maul
04-19-2002, 07:23 PM
since it;s only one it's no big deal, I tried to redirect it today using boiling water and a lot bending but it didn't work:( well I'll try it again soon
BTW the upper body still is kinda loose, the getting soft and push togeher I mentioned didn't work - but I still can raise the arms of most of 'em without them hanging down again

Freedom
04-28-2002, 06:41 PM
So this is basically junk in a bag? When assembled, the look like the Commtech Stormtrooper, right? You get one bag that assembles 10 Stormtroopers that won't be as good of quality as the ones already assembled for just over $5 a piece? I'll pass.

Freedom
04-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Check it out.

humsup
04-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Looks good. Now how/where can I get my hands on a pack of this?

187-Maul
04-29-2002, 02:06 PM
at a german site called www.toy-palace.com
but the set is the people who DIDN'T have the chance to get them in USA for 5 bucks, freedom

kadamontaga
04-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi again,
Our box of bits arrived this morning and we're having some trouble putting them together. Could you please explain again how to do the legs?

Oh, and our box came with 11 upper arms of one sort and 9 of the other. Interesting eh?

For any UK collectors that can't be bothered to put things together, www.thetoyshop.com sometimes has commmtech stormies in for 5 each.

Thanks

187-Maul
05-02-2002, 08:07 AM
I figured the upperarms aren't that different so I just slapped them together and you can't tell the difference
one question, does your bag have all the right underlegs? caused mine and that of my brother both had a packing error (as said in first post)

kadamontaga
05-02-2002, 10:44 AM
We haven't constructed them all yet, but we did go through the entire bag and sort everything into little baggies. We found that the only parts that were misspacked were the upper arms. Our legs were fine.
There is very litte difference in the upper arms, so you might be right ad there might not be a "left" and "right" afterall.

Darth Ovori
05-02-2002, 10:55 AM
I have all the correct piece's... Just one knee pin short... (I probably lost it)

187-Maul
05-02-2002, 01:07 PM
My pack actually had 3 leg-pins too much

Darth Ovori
05-02-2002, 08:28 PM
I wonder who counted the pieces per package... ???

:stupid:

Either way thier cool, my home PC is black, so placed them all over it, some climbing, some hinding behind the monitor others pointing thier guns at a dead Ki-Adi mundi... and really looks cool and stick out nicely with the black PC... ;)

kadamontaga
05-03-2002, 03:56 AM
We've built all but one now (we're waiting for the superglue to dry on his arm - we had a little accident) and I'm really pleased with these fellas. Thanks very much for the info 187-Maul.
I was wondering though, don't you think their rifles are a bit crappy? Is there a source where I could get 10 other guns that look better with them?

stillakid
05-03-2002, 11:27 AM
I kinda like the look of the parts just all scattered about. Reminds me of the Weapons Testing feature on the Behind the Magic CD ROM.

I think I'll get me a bag. Betch can't eat just one!

But on second thought, the shipping is outrageous.

kadamontaga
05-05-2002, 12:15 PM
I think it worked out at 4.40 a figure, including postage, which i didn't think was too bad compared to how much these guys go for on Ebay. Of course, they're not as good quality and they're buggers to put together but I'm happy with the purchase.

The delivery was handled by Omega if anyone's interested.