PDA

View Full Version : Who's spending lots...How many figures...

sunblind
04-19-2002, 09:15 AM
I think I might buy all the figures and anakins and zams speeder....i'lll most likely spend over 200 dollars....gulp!

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 09:58 AM
I wish I could get everything at once but it won't be working out that way for me.Not anywhere enough money.
My prioritys are the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder and a couple figures.Hopefully Anikin hanger duel and Dooku.Maybe Jar Jar Senator because I've heard he's short packed.That will do me in for a while:cry:

Jedikmg
04-19-2002, 10:01 AM
I'm getting it all!

broctoon
04-19-2002, 10:04 AM
I'm going for it all. Well, the figures at least. No vehicles or 12" for me. I figure (no pun intended) that I'm going to end up getting all the basic figures eventually anyways, so I might as well make it easier on myself, and get them all in one shot. The only thing I want besides the regular figures is that 12" ultimate Jango Fett with the removable armor, but I don't think that's coming out the 23rd.

If the figures are $5.99 at TRU, and there are 27 of them it looks like I'll be spending about $173. But that is in theory. In reality I'm prbably gonna get suckered into buying more stuff, and spend around $250.

pthfnder89
04-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Unlike the Ep1 launch I'm not going to get one of everything this time. I'll probably buy most of the figures, but not all. I want the two speeders and Slave 1 (already have the Jedi Starfighter) and if the Tie Bomber is out along with everything else then I'll defninitely buy that.

But this time I'm on more of a budget, and I'm a little more rational so I'm just going to get the figures that actually interest me. ie: all of the Jedi figures, Luke and Han if they are out on the 23rd etc... Hopefully I won't push it over $200

Amanamike
04-19-2002, 11:53 AM
Ill be getting 1 of everything that goes in the 3" 3/4 line including beasts and ships. No 12" for me. Then after this Ill go back here and there and try to buy seconds of everything, and after I have senconds I wait a few more months to start building armies of certain figures.

Jedi Drew
04-19-2002, 11:57 AM
I want to get all the figures (if they have them all out) but first I would love to get the TIE and Snowspeeder as alot of you have posted already. Then I'll go after the figures (if my wife is with me I'll have her get the figures while I get the TIE and Snowspeeder). Then I'll check out the two speeders and be done-I hope. I already have the Slave1-took it off a pallet at K-Mart last week. Well, happy hunting, good luck and don't spend too much money :crazed: :crazed:

Jedi_Rainman
04-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Everything is what I am getting.

3 3/4"
12" action collection
unleashed
vehicles
board games
cereal boxes

etc.........

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Im getting it all.
3 3/4 inch figures
12 inch figures
vehicles (Slave I, already have Jedi Starfighter)
maybe a beast or two
electronic sabers (Dooku and Anakin)
unleashed
soundtrack
keychains
cereal
whatever else comes out

Lots of money will be spent!!

rdrunr89
04-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm getting dupes of the 3 3/4" figures along with one of each of the beasts, the vehicles and dupes of the deluxe. Thats all for me.

sunblind
04-19-2002, 01:04 PM
I might get the Stomping Wompa set, it looks pretty cool.

steve3p0
04-19-2002, 04:15 PM
5.88 X one of each basic figure.

this will be my largest bulk purchase of star wars anything ever.

sunblind
04-19-2002, 04:19 PM
you know now that i think about it...it'll be my biggest spending in one trip aswell...close to the time i got a vintage At-At and some figures..

c_richards
04-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Greetings fellow STAR WARS fans.....

How much will I spend? Probably about $100 - 150...but that's not including the "help" I'll be getting on the 23rd.

I have made 3 lists, one for me, one for my mom, and the other for my dad. On the 23rd, I'm stopping off at a K-Mart on the way in to work, and already have what I plan to buy, a few figures, the novel, sabers, and the soundtrack!

Now....if my mom picks up figures and legos, that's money I didn't expect.... If my dad chips in and gets stuff....even better. Let's just say that when the TPM stuff came out, I had all the figures in 2 hours, the and the rest of the stuff, sabers, soundtrack and novel and all that with in 48 hours. This also included the Legos, and 12" figures, and of course, blasters and all that! :)

I am going to estimate close to $300 will be spent in 1 day in my household for STAR WARS toys.

Being an only child does have it's advantages, being a single adult makes the matter even better! :)

You might think I'm spoiled....but I'm not...I'm just well loved! :)

SuperBattleDroid88
04-19-2002, 06:14 PM
I'm getting all the 3 3/4in. figures and the Deluxe.....
I am still in question about the 2 speeders....
BattleDroid said that the Zam Wessel speeder was kinda sticky...
I think maybe he meant by the battle damage.....
The speeders are going to be around 10.00 right?

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 06:47 PM
I'm getting all the 3 3/4 figs, deluxe, beasts, and vehicles(eccept the Jedi Starfighter that I already have). So I'm looking at around $400.

NesteaFett
04-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm just buying Dooku's lightsaber. A: cuz it's cool and B: I already have the 27 basic figures, Speeders, Jedi Starfighter, Deluxe Figures, and Slave 1. I might buy the reek and some legos though. If more than 27 come out, I'll get them too!

Jedi_Rainman
04-20-2002, 12:23 AM
nope...27 figures only

Dark Knight
04-20-2002, 12:51 AM
Must get tie 2X, 1X all figures, plus whatever I have money for.

JediIan
05-19-2002, 03:49 PM
I bought all figures except for Jar Jar, and the deluxes, it wasnt SOOOOO much money, but then again, they also had the Tie Bomber and the snowspeeder that night :):):)

JediDan
05-19-2002, 05:05 PM
I got 2 of each figure up to #35. I am still looking for bloody Luke, I am having a bloody hard time finding him. ;)

IcebergSlim
05-19-2002, 05:06 PM
29 figures. 4 vehicles. 1 beast.

OriginalBryGuy
05-19-2002, 07:16 PM
If they didn't all have nice numbers it might be easy to just forget the ones you don't want but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now the ones you get feel incomplete without the others in the series. I'm purchasing (to the dismay of my girlfriend) anything that goes with the regular 3 3/4 figures. This includes ships, beasts, and so forth. Actually I still need to pick up the speeders this week.

HAK
05-19-2002, 10:26 PM
well so far i have everything except orn free taa and bespin luke- i have the whole set (and all the background insert figures) in the package and about 15 of them out of the package (not to mention the 20 or so i got for my aunt). i dont think ill but any of the vehicles (although i like the jedi starfighter)- this is nuts lol (i have almost all of the figures since 1995 except the POTJ line) :)

CaptainSolo1138
05-20-2002, 02:01 AM
Being on a somewhat slim budget ( I work retail for cryin' out loud!), I told myself I wasn't gonna go nuts; I'd only buy what I coul realisticly afford. I realized I spent too much when my I: a) maxed out my credit card
b) saw a figure on one of my shelves I didn't remember buying
c) ate AOTC cereal for two straight weeks ( damn, that stuff is good, though)

DrewDewce
05-20-2002, 08:26 AM
That cereal is damn good!!

I found the Bespin and Massif waves over the last week, so I'm all caught up on 3&3/4 figs until the next wave comes out.

Whew!! The credit card and my car need the rest (me too!)

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 09:01 AM
So far I've got 26 figures, though I've bought extras and traded for some POTJ stuff, so if you look at it that way I've bought around 30 figures, but I only have 26 of 'em. So let's see...26 figures x $6, I've got around $156 worth of AOTC merchandise sitting on the bookcase in my office right now. I don't feel so bad really seeing some of you guys mention that you've already spent $400 or something :p

I don't collect anything but the 3 3/4" figures though (except for the odd vehicle, 12", etc. here and there) so I've got it easier than a lot of you. Though, I still need some figs from the new waves, and I haven't even started buying Legos yet (the other thing I collect - can't afford 'em right now). I have $200 or so tucked away for new figures as they come out and I'm not touching that money, but it's getting harder every day to not dip into it a bit :D I sure would like Zam's speeder, or the TRU AT-ST that I see every time I go into that place....

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 09:02 AM
Oh yeah, I did buy a couple boxes of the cereal too. Good stuff actually.

MichaelV103
05-20-2002, 04:48 PM
I am a collector on a tight budget. I collect only the figures on a regular basis, sometimes as gifts I recieve ships or lego sets. I am working on Saga and Power of the Jedi figures, usually I pick up about 2 figures a week.
Just in case anyone is looking I live in a town where the two surronding towns each have a Walmart and both stores have plenty of Snowspeeders and Tie Bombers.

Vortex
05-20-2002, 05:14 PM
Have spent WAY to much on figures and driving all over the metro area hunting stuff down. I am caught up with all the figs up to the Orn Free Ta assortment. Waiting for the Han, Chewie, Dejus waves to start to hit.

The "holy grail" right now for me is the bloody luke. I found the non-bloody version with the Vader, Jango and Mace at the downtown target HQ, but haven't seen them since at any other toy store. Probably since they other stores just have the 1st collection hanging on the pegs. They are making the same mistakes they did with Ep. I. Hero overkill, and peg warmers...

kadamontaga
05-20-2002, 05:30 PM
You completists are a strange bunch. On one hand I feel sorry for you, but you do bring it on yourselves. If there's anything that makes me laugh, its when I hear people complaining about how hasbro *makes* them buy shoddy Qui-Gon resculpts.

So far, this is what me and my girlfriend (who also uses this screenname) have bought between us since the Saga line started:
Anakin Hangar Duel
C-3PO
Typho
Cloney x2
Dooku
Vader
Djas Puhr
Dexter
Jango Final Battle
Jango Preview
Luke
Luminara
Nikto
R2-D2
R3-T7
Royal Guard x2
Taun We
Tusken Female
Yoda
Zam Preview
Zam Wessel
Deluxe Mace

2x basic (non-electronic) lightsabers
Lego Starfighter
Visual Dictionary
Soundtrack (Yoda cover)

We've probably bought a few more things that I've forgotten. This might not seem a lot to some of you, but remember we're paying UK prices, which means about double what you americans pay.

I need a job.

Brett3xmvpfavre
05-20-2002, 05:49 PM
hmm i have about 40 3inch figs, 4 12" figs, tie bomber and snow speeder, 4 delux figs, 2 lightsabers, 500 peice puzzle (fun to build and looks cool getting another tonight) the next things for me are anakins and wessels speeders.