PDA

View Full Version : exclusive Shuttle Tyderium, California FAO info.

swcollector
04-19-2002, 01:27 PM
I just got off the phone with an FAO in California and was able to pre order 2 of the exclusive Shuttle Tyderiums. Heres what is required to do so:

Name
address
phone number
credit card.

your credit card will not be charged until the product comes in. The lady taking the orders also confirmed that they are limited to 5,000 pieces and told me that I might only be able to buy 1 instead of the 2 that I wanted, because of the very limited numbers. which is fine with me. 1 is better than none. Hope this helps.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Well even if it is true about the shuttle and they're not just all mixed up with several things, even if I am able to afford it, I will definitely NOT be supporting this until either more are made and/or the price drops to a realistic price. :Pirate:

Jedi Drew
04-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Hey LTB, I'll wait along with you and others till these come down in price. $125.00 COME ON HASBLOW GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! It is a cool looking ship but for that price you can keep it!!!!!!!:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

fourtwo
04-19-2002, 02:12 PM
they shouldn;'t be selling those things to people more than 1 at a time.

swcollector
04-20-2002, 12:28 AM
Why not sell more than 1 to a person at a time? What if you have 2 kids that want one? or your picking one up for a buddy that does not live by FAO?

derek
04-20-2002, 04:15 PM
what hasbro should do here is set up some kind of pre-order/payment option with FAO schwartz so that every fan who wants one is able to buy them before they are even manufactured. if the guaranteed buyer list goes over 5000 pieces, keep cranking them out until the demand subsides. but this way, hasbro would be producing a high demand item that the fan has already paid for and FAO wouldn't be stuck with shelfwarmers like the famba. everyone would be happy. and they could drop the price about $30.

chewie
04-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Sure I could get one. I got money. But I'm not exactly a fool with my money (well.... maybe) so I will do without on this extremely crappy exclusive.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by swcollector
Why not sell more than 1 to a person at a time? What if you have 2 kids that want one? or your picking one up for a buddy that does not live by FAO?

- They can share.

Originally posted by derek
what hasbro should do here is set up some kind of pre-order/payment option with FAO schwartz so that every fan who wants one is able to buy them before they are even manufactured. if the guaranteed buyer list goes over 5000 pieces, keep cranking them out until the demand subsides. but this way, hasbro would be producing a high demand item that the fan has already paid for. everyone would be happy. and they could drop the price about $30.

- Great idea!

:happy:

Lone Jedi
04-20-2002, 09:23 PM
I guess I'm a fool with my money then. ;)
You all raise good points about the shuttle. I ordered one because I didn't have the vintage version. I was also "suckered" by FAO into buying the Fambaa, but I won't regret having ordered the Tyderium.

I also agree that with something so "limited" and *expensive*, FAO should allow only 1 pre-order per customer. If you're in the U.S. and don't live near one of their stores, well that's why they offer DELIVERY. :stupid:

PCofmisfittoys
04-20-2002, 09:45 PM
the reserve is store specific as well, so ifyou wanted 2 you could call Orlando and Las Vegas. I pre-sold mine in Orlando nad the 125.00 is reasonable because the size and it being limited will drive the price up later as well. Plus as someone esle said it will also go well with all my other Shuttle items from the glory years. 125.00 is not that much money when you think about it...save you allowances up guys if you don't work for a living.lol

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 02:41 AM
If you had been listening you'll see all the reasons why $125 on the Shuttle is one of (if not) the most stupid idea to come out of Hasbro's little greedy minds.

Actually, I pretty much can afford it, but unless Hasbro shows some maturity and drops the price and makes more, I will definitely not be supporting "this...thing."

Check out the picture. :D

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 10:07 AM
I know I feel betrayed. I feel like I've been enjoying the wrong hobby all these years and Hasbro has been hitting me over the head with their crap customer service and chickenGONK! exclusives yelling "You do NOT want to collect Star Wars! You do NOT want to collect Star Wars!" and I'm just finally getting it. I feel like a dunce.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 11:13 AM
For as cool as I think this would be... I am definitely passing on this. The last cool big ship was the Royal Starship... at least there was more to it than just a cockpit, a landing ramp and wings.

JediTricks
04-22-2002, 01:33 AM
Unless you're calling FAO's catalog orders department, I wouldn't suggest giving your credit card numbers over the phone. Sounds dangerous and really unwise, you don't know for sure who you're talking to or if there's just some piece of paper they're scratching this down on. Get specifics before you jump in with both feet. I doubt the demand will keep these from appearing in your local stores when they show up anyway.

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 02:21 AM
Like I said before, this is a total slap in the face to those of us who have been collecting all these years. To make something that has such a high demand in such limited numbers and charge that ridiculous price! The Queens Royal Starship had tons of electronics, interactive features, two bonus ships, a fold out section that almost doubled the size of the ship, an exclusive figure that didn't suck and it only cost $100. And you're saying we are overreacting to having to pay $125 for a hollowed-out rehash? Open your eyes! Just because it is the Imperial Shuttle doesn't mean it is worth this!

I've wanted an updated version of this vehicle for years; but I cannot buy this atrocity with a good conscience. It's like admitting that Hasbro is in control and we will fork out ridiculous amounts of cash for worthless garbage. I feel sorry for any fool who falls for this scam.

I feel the same way as EP, like I've been wasting my time and money for all these years.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-22-2002, 10:00 AM
I agree with Bigbarada, don't fork out so much money!

PS: great artwork!!!

:(