PDA

View Full Version : My old solution to missing parts

nwookie
04-19-2002, 01:55 PM
aka: Kenner rocked!

Back in the day when I was a kid playing with all my old star wars toys I would often lose guns from figures or pieces of ships. What was a young disappointed boy to do? Write Kenner. They sent me bags full of guns, all of them. I wrote once having lost one figures gun and they sent a sandwich baggie filled with all different guns and multiples of each. Forget worrying about losing them. I had like 4 guns for each character! They were also great with missing/broken pieces. I remember the awesome speeder bike ethat blew apart when you pushed the button on it. A piece I had broke and wouldn't snap the thing back together. I wrote Kenner and they sent me a whole new speeder bike. Rock on!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-19-2002, 06:00 PM
"Kenner. We Really Do Care!"
Does that phrase sound foreign about now? I tried to get a part from the Queen's Ship that wasn't included, and they (Hasbro; don't get them confused with Kenner!) sent me two wrong items before informing me the part was no longer available. :( The remedy I was given was to send THE WHOLE SHIP BACK and receive an item of similar worth. What else is "worth" $100 Star Wars-wise? :frus:

Eternal Padawan
04-20-2002, 01:55 PM
They would send you twenty board games....twenty of the SAME board game that is.

Chutes and ladders
Chutes and ladders
Chutes and ladders
Chutes and ladders
Chutes and ladders..

you get the point.

Who knew this worked back then? "Yeah...my Death Star playset is missi..."WHAM! Whole new Death Star playset at your front door! Kenner ruled. Has...blows.

Taichi
04-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Kenner totally rocked......damn I miss them....

bobafett07728
04-26-2002, 09:25 AM
Kenner was the best. I remember when I lost the canopy to one of my Cloud Car cockpits, then sent me three new ones!!!! GEEEEZ. . . there were only TWO cockpits!!!! I could also get new stickers when mine would fall of, too. You'd be lucky if you got one of what you wanted from Hasbro nowadays.

Times have changed. . .times have definitely changed.