PDA

View Full Version : Which AOTC figures contain spoiler? (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE)

El Chuxter
04-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I made the mistake recently of reading the cardback for Tusken Lady, which completely spoiled a major part of the movie. :( Since Hasbro apparently isn't being very sensitive to those of us who want the toys but don't want to know the whole movie in advance, I'd appreciate any info on which figures to avoid until the film comes out.

I know about the Tusken Raider Female (huge spoiler in the text), and I've been told that Anakin: Hangar Duel includes an equally insidious spoiler as an action feature. (I've been told not to even look at this guy in the packaging!)

Who else do I need to turn a blind eye to completely, or at least avoid the "too much info" text blurbs on?

CrossWizard
04-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Id say:

Count Dooku
Yoda
Zam Wessell
Taun We
R2D2
Jar Jar Binks Senator

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey chux, what did the Tusken lady say?
You can send it to me private message, I am just curious.

Lord Tenebrous
04-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Everything coming out on 4/23 has some degree of spoilage. Some of the smaller spoilers lead up to major revelations if you look at them together.

So if you want to go in clean, I'd go figure-buying after you see the movie.

Or you could have somebody buy them for you, and keep them in the bag until afterwards.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Or... you could have someone just rip them all off the cards for you!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Could El Chuxter or CrossWizard tell me what the cards say? You can post them here, e-mail them to me or send me a private message.

Beast
04-19-2002, 05:43 PM
JabbaJohnL, just check out the carded back pictures in Sir Steve's Picture Archive. You can read what they say there. And yeah, some of them are pretty spoiler heavy. Especially JJB's. :D

As for what figures have spoilers, almost all of them have minor ones. But if you really wanna avoid any spoilers, I suggest staying away from all of them until after you see the movie, just to be sure that there isn't a spoiler you didn't wanna know.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
04-19-2002, 05:58 PM
:cry:

My girlfriend agreed to take a look at the Anakin: Hangar Duel figure to see if it was something so bad I'd need to avoid even going to toy aisles. (She's read a ton of spoilers.)

Well, I found a link to a pic and was going to send it to her. Right-clicked and pulled up properties. And whaddyaknow--the site (which I won't name but won't go to again, ever, period) named the stinkin' feature that's such a spoiler in the name of the image!!! :eek:

Well, that's ruined. And it was the biggest spoiler possible. Almost no point in seeing the stinkin' movie now.

I guess this thread can do some good for others who have not strolled down the same Dark Side path, but for me, well, knowing what I now know, I really don't care about finding out everything else.

Think I'll go head to the E2: Spoilers forum now. :(

Beast
04-19-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm gonna guess Tradefederation.net, Ehh...El Chuxter? I know, pretty silly to blur out an image and type spoiler across it when the name of the link has what the feature is. :p Trust me, in the grande scheme of the movie that's one of the less important spoilers you could know. It shouldn't ruin the movie for you, just be careful and avoid most of the websites and message boards for the next few weeks until the movie opens. It's safer.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
04-19-2002, 06:32 PM
I'm feeling much better now.

I figured I already knew the name of the feature, so I went ahead and looked at the image. And, well, you're right, JarJarBinks. Not that big of a spoiler (though if you don't know, avoid it).

More of a shock than Maul's death (c'mon, we all knew he was a disposal villain from the beginning), but not as bad as getting the TPM soundtrack and seeing "Qui-Gon's Noble End."

CrossWizard
04-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Still, if you saw RoTJ you knew that the whole Anakin thing was bound to happen and that the action figure might have that feature. At least its not packed with an extra arm accessory.

InsaneJediGirl
04-19-2002, 08:02 PM
I think the only"safe" toy is the Clonetrooper...but there are spoilers on the back of that card too.Maybe,you should get your
girlfriend to ducttape the back of the card so you wont be able to see anything:D

2-1B
04-20-2002, 04:28 AM
El Chuxter, I'm glad you feel better but it still sux!

I'm nervous about this because while I am heavily spoiled, some friends of mine are not yet they wish to attend midnight madness for some loot. Take Anakin for instance, I thought everything would go smoothly since the fig wasn't "supposed" to be out this early. And there are others too, so I'm going to have to do a bit of shepherding throughout the SW aisle. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Two things . . .

Does the Hangar Ani have a removable arm in the fashion that Bespin Luke and Removable Helmet Darth do from 1998, or is it connected by magnets?

Secondly, SSG does not have pictures of the cardbacks of Yoda, Count Dooku, or Zam.

Beast
04-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Doh! JabbaJohnL your going to really get yelled at for this one, the thread says specifically no spoilers, please. You may wanna edit your post to remove that quickly before the non-spoiler crowed sees it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JesusFreak
04-20-2002, 05:54 PM
CrossWizard, you posted the spoiler too...