PDA

View Full Version : Takeel and Momaw Nadon 12"

JediCole
09-04-2001, 10:50 AM
Who would love to see, in tribute to the original "Cantina Four", Momaw Nadon and Takeel 12" figures? And since these guys ship in threes, and Ponda Boba was well made, why not give us a Greedo rerelease with better hands! The head looks incredible on the original but the hands look like they are for a "Star Wars The Animated Series" figure. Kind of puts you in the mind of those early Star Wars daily newspaper strips. Very cartoony. I know more than a couple of people who've wanted a 12" scale "Hammerhead" for years. "Snaggletooth" would just make a nice addition to round out the lot. Plus we'd have our first large scale hunchback figure. Come on Hasbro, what do you say?

JEDIpartner
09-04-2001, 11:15 AM
I am definitely coming on-board with you on this one Cole! That would be awesome to see these guys put into a largers scale. I've ALWAYS loved "Hammerhead" and I think he is one of the most recognisable cantina creatures... most likely the reason Kenner selected him for the original "Cantina Four" as you named them.

One promise that needs to be kept... Momaw Nadon CANNOT be packed with that portable "wave-motion gun" thing he had in the POTF2 line.

I agree about the Greedo's hands thing. What was up with that? The rest of the figure was pretty decent so what happened there? Oh, well.

jedi master sal
09-04-2001, 11:48 AM
Has there been an OFFICIAL release as to whom they consider the FINAL four.

IMO I think they should be:

Hammerhead
Lak Sivrak(werewolf)
Arcona(Anvilhead)

and finally.......

the Talz

others to see should include:
Lampria(spelling?)
Feltipern Trevagg(Double conehead)
Either or both DUROS
Bo Shek

ah who am I kiddin' make 'em all

I don't want to list anymore.

JEDIpartner
09-04-2001, 12:42 PM
Jedi Master Sal...

Cole was referring to the original four Kenner Cantina figures from the vintage line.

The figures were: Greedo, Hammerhead (Momaw Nadon), Walrusman (Ponda Baba) & Snaggletooth (Takeel/Zutton).

That's what we are discussing here... sure- we'd love to see ALL of the cool catina aliens made, but that isn't likely to happen.

jedi master sal
09-04-2001, 01:10 PM
sorry about that sometimes I get overzealous and can't help myself. I'd love to see those four (we already have Ponda and Greedo)

red4
09-04-2001, 03:30 PM
My custom Momaw Nadon...

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/cantina-momawnadon-3.jpg

Momaw Nadon with Feltipern Trevagg...

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/cantina-gotal-momawnadon.jpg

Most of the 12" customs that I do are cantina patrons so I would love to see more of them made.

JediCole
09-04-2001, 04:58 PM
Nice work, Red! Where do I get me one of them Feltipern Trevaggs? That was always one of my favorites Cantina denizens and you did great work bring him to life.

humsup
09-05-2001, 06:13 AM
I think to have more aliens in the 12" line are most welcome by me :)
No doubt, Momaw Nadon will be one of my most lookin forward Cantina Aliens and I can imagine he'll be in a huge box!!

evenflow
09-05-2001, 08:32 AM
It would be cool to see Muftak and Kabe.

I would also like ROTJ 12 inch, Amanaman, Yakface, Gamorrean Guard, Klaatu, Barada, Niktu, Weequay, JABBA the HUTT, Salacious Crumb / Bubo 2-pack, Yarna D'al Gargan. You get the idea.

JediCole
09-05-2001, 10:07 AM
As legend has it, at one point the next 12" line (which is now the Stormtrooper Han, Death Star Commander and Droid) was to have been a Jabba's Palace based grouping. It would have been Lando (Skiff Guard), Gammorean Guard (presumably using the body created for Boss Nass), and Oola with Salaceous Crumb. These may still be in the works for our future enjoyment, so it is possible that at least some of evenflow's list is forthcoming.

evenflow
09-05-2001, 01:41 PM
I remember that list. I lost faith in it. NOw i just dream. :(

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 09:57 AM
They generally try to keep the 12" line to human shaped bodies. That pretty much shoots down any chance of Mamow Nadon getting made as they would have to customize a special body.

Bo shek I can see since they would only have to ship out Bossk with a new head and a different colored jumpsuit.