PDA

View Full Version : Zellers??

Amanamike
04-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Any word on Zellers carrying any Star Wars figures this year?? I hope so they are in every town I go in Canada. They sure got burned in 99 so Im a bit worried they might not get anything this time around. Its nice to have more than 2 options in Walmart and TRU. Us poor Canadians we get the shaft.

cujo fett
04-25-2002, 08:08 AM
none in the zellers in my area yet...

MadMitch
05-10-2002, 09:31 PM
I found some of the new stuff at one of the Zellers here in Ottawa. Not nearly as much as the last go around but that's ok, moderation I think will make sure that we get it all instead of a wack of peg warmers.

cujo fett
05-12-2002, 08:30 AM
update: kitchener, ont now has figures and toys at zellers, all i saw were the first 14 plus jar jar wave

fourtwo
05-15-2002, 12:29 AM
the zellers flyer i saw today had the toys on the front page.

$8.93 for the basic
$12.93 for the deluxe figs (great price!:))
$16.93 for the speeders.
$22.93 for the electronic beasts (reek)
$29.93 for the starfighter and the electronic lightsabers
$34.93 for slave I

this is apperntly only from friday the 17th til friday the 24th.

there was some other neat stuff in there too, i'll be sure to check it out
:)

jjreason
05-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Well, it's official, my Zellers totally sucks. The big sale started today, so I was there with elbow pads on at opening time. The big race was between me and one heavyset 10 year old. I managed to outpace him over the last 30 yards and had first crack. What did my figure flipping fingers discover? Anakin in Outland Pegwarmer disguise. C3PO. R2D2. Jar Jar. Nothing good, nothing. No Reek, no speeders, no Slave I. No Dooku. No Luminara or Taun We or even Boba Fett! Im sure the employees exercised their pick first option, but so many of the other Zellers got the "good" figues, it sucks mine didn't. If you're considering a move to Prince Rupert, BC my advice is consult a counsellor. Good luck to everyone else, at least the movie was fantastic.

fourtwo
05-17-2002, 04:05 PM
i'm still looking for r2 and jar jar, i have yet to see either on pegs.
the r2 is one of the coolest toys i've seen from the line, less of course the royal guard and red clone trooper i just got
:)

jjreason
05-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Well I could probably hook you up with both if you want to swing a trade. Let me know if you're interested and what you could find for me. I still need quite a few.

fourtwo
05-18-2002, 03:08 PM
i'm not really looking to trade just yet. i'm still out looking and the movie has only been out for a little while, i'm sure the toys will be around for a while still :)

thank you though...

jjreason
05-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Right you are. The ones I haven't seen are Luminara, Taun We, and Royal Guard. Methinks they all come together anyway. Soon they will come.

Joeba Fett
05-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Zellers has been VERY disappointing. The Zellers in Richmond Hill has only : Jar Jar and C3PO. Yup. It also has a Slave 1... But compared to Episode 1's display, this looks like crap.

Mit_Othy
05-21-2002, 06:19 PM
It took my Zellers a week before they had a proper display, now they have a whole bunch. (A little too many Reeks though)

Sir FanBoy
05-21-2002, 07:03 PM
Sup its me Sir Fanboy here...

Just letting you know the up-to-date figure watch in Mississauga

Ok here's the unofficial count..

went around today to all the local stores (Walmart and TRU's)

Found the following

1 Dooku
1 HD Anakin
Couple of Royal Guards (5+)
Lots of Zam Wesell's
No Yodas
2 Taun We's
1 Clone Trooper

The interesting part is that i was one of the lucky ppl and had a friend on friday call me up to tell me they had the new stock in.
So i have everything but for the ppl that are still looking, including some of my other friends...

damn either you are there on the first day of the shipment or not simple...

I learnt that the easy way:D

Now, all im waiting for are the new waves that will hit stores this week or next.

Does anyone know when the Bespin Wave's are coming?

cujo fett
05-22-2002, 05:07 PM
taken from snowtroopers.ca:
fUpcoming Canadian Figure Release!
This in from Steve at Legends Action Figures:
It seems Canadian collectors are unsure of what will be available for Canada this year.
Let me try to help you and shed some light on the matter. All these infos are from
Hasbro Canada Corporation as we buy directly and have a good relationship with them.
First off, for the 3 3/4 line, the buyer for Hasbro Canada as purchased every figure in the
line for this year so they will all be released on Canadian cards, deluxe included.
The quantity purchased is not a big quantity so the waves are going to come and go very
quickly. Also, they will be a slight delay with their American release and the case packs
are going to be different for some assortments, lets take for example the wave including:
Orn Free Taa, Endor soldier, Massif & Qui-Gon Jinn has already appeared in the U.S.
In Canada that wave will start distributing around June 7th. In the case of the wave including:
Bespin Luke & Vader, Jango & Mace Windu which is already available in the U.S., here it
will start distributing around June 20th, but it will also include: the new Chewie, Han & Ben
Starfighter pilot. So just be patient and don't go blowing big $$$ on e-bay for them, they will
come.The lightsabers are all available as you all probably know. The Unleashed series will
be available in Canada as well, those might be a little tougher to find as some of the chain
stores passed on them.

DarthBrandon
05-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Zellers has nothing usefull for Star Wars.

jjreason
05-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Oddly enough, the Zellers one town over had completely differentl stuff from mine. No overlap at all. I found Dooku, Yoda, Clonetroopers (red) and Ani HD all at this other Zellers, not to mention the funky Reek beast. The only overlap was that both stores had Obi's fighter. Weird. At least I found a few things that were stressing me out however. Still no Royal Guard, Taun We or Luminara, and oddly enough no Typhos or Boba Fetts! All in good time.

Darthpaul
05-25-2002, 07:00 AM
Zellers in London has the Reek, up to Jar-Jar wave, Slave I and had some deluxe.

Walmart now has the Royal Guard wave and their deluxe figs are $11.91.

Paul

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 12:15 AM
Check Walmart so far number 1 spot for SW figures.

P.S. Go early

FETT
06-04-2002, 12:06 PM
i agree ZELLERS totally bites when it comes to carry anything that's star wars...the most i've seen is 3-5 rows of stuff...nothing impressive at all so stay away!

jjreason
06-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately, Zellers is the only game in town up here. My nearest Walmart is (gulp) 12 hrs. away in Kelowna. I asked the guy when we were getting another shipment of SW toys, so he scanned the Jar Jar figure that's left (yes, we have 1 SW figure for sale in Prince Rupert) and said no more have been ordered and none are on the way. You could have knocked me out with a feather. I thought that finally I wouldn't have to rely on others to get all my stuff but I was wrong. This place sucks out loud.

FETT
06-10-2002, 12:00 AM
weird..same thing happened at the zellers close to my area...ONE stinking jar jar and that's it...that bites man..i remember during ep 1 zellers got like TONS of figures....had a whole display in the front checkout...wonder why they're taking is low this time round??

jjreason
06-10-2002, 01:24 AM
I think they wound up with too much stock last time that never moved. I can still get a few commtech chip readers at Zellers here, and Im not kidding. They NEVER sold. Once bitten, twice really shy I guess. Too bad they won't order more of this newer stuff, it all sold except for 2 figures. I think if they got a couple more cases, some other kids might get hooked and move those as well. It's a no brainer right now, but the guys at this store say they have no control over what gets ordered. Crappy.

FETT
06-11-2002, 03:45 PM
that bites...perhaps this is marketinf strategy though??...wait until the bigger stores such as TRU are dried out then unleash their stock??..serious though, it's pathetic how little stuff they got this time..i've been to like 5 zellers and it is by FAR the smallest stocked place...some only have like 3 pegs...SAD!!

Bosskman
06-19-2002, 02:38 PM
Zellers in McCallister Place in Saint John NB had TONS of Anakin HDs and Dookus. They also had one Yoda and a bunch of the Taun We and Red Clonetrooper waves.

jjreason
06-19-2002, 07:00 PM
It may operate on a per-district basis. I know that the stock guy here says he has no control over what comes to our store, so someone up the ladder is responsible. Oh well. Weird that the store an hour away would have so much more stuff than we do here. On a different note, ALL of the figures have now been sold for over a week, and there are still no more on the way no matter how hard I try. I give. Please WalMart, rescue me. We need a store in Prince Rupert (never going to happen. Oh well).