PDA

View Full Version : Kamino in the OT?

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 12:38 AM
I wonder if Emperor Palpatine still uses Kaminoians to clone the Stormtroopers in the OT?

Beast
04-20-2002, 12:46 AM
Doubtful, once he becomes Emporer he has the power to actually start the Imperial Navy/Army and have them train recruits. Remeber Biggs went to the Academy, and Luke wanted to. The CloneTroopers are just the means to the end of gaining not only emergancy powers, but also of making himself look good in the end by defeating the sepratists.

By the time the OT comes around there is probably very few original CloneTroopers remaining. I am betting that most of the Stormtroopers are fully recruits by then. Since the genetic "father" for the clones dies on Geonosis. We know that the Imperial Officers arn't clones, since none of them look exactly alike. The Royal Guards I believe may be clones still though, Palpy wouldn't want someone with freewill around. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Ah I see. :)

Since the genetic "father" for the clones dies on Kamino.

You mean Geonosis?

2-1B
04-20-2002, 12:51 AM
Hmm, reading through the Star Wars Chronicles book today I noticed the description of the Stormtroopers as completely loyal to the Emperor and of no concern for their own safety.

My money is on the Stormies being clones. But Kamino? Who knows, cloning facilities could be constructed on Coruscant once Palpatine is in control.

Beast
04-20-2002, 12:51 AM
Gah your right, here lemme fix that. Sorry...had a big find at TRU today and I'm not thinking straight. Hehehehe. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 12:55 AM
Really? What did you find a TRU? :)

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 12:57 AM
Hmm, reading through the Star Wars Chronicles book today I noticed the description of the Stormtroopers as completely loyal to the Emperor and of no concern for their own safety.

Interesting and Leia does say Luke is a little short for a Stormtrooper. ;)

Beast
04-20-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Really? What did you find a TRU? :)
A boatload of Rebel Fleet Troopers and Imperial Officers. I picked up 3 of each, and left 5 of each on the pegs. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Sweet! :D

I can't even find the Rebel Fleet Trooper, and only found 1 Imperial Officer. :(

Bosskman
04-20-2002, 06:08 PM
There was, on the 95 Stormies cardback, a writeup that said there was a rumor of them being clones. This has been an idea that has been around for a while. I think many of them are clones but that there are also places for normals within the rank structure, like officers and senior NCOs. Palpy probably still has the Kaminoans crankin' em out too, it's a big friggen galaxy and everything doesn't have to be done on Coruscant. That would be like evrything to do with the federal Government in Canada being in Ottawa (CFB Gagetown, near where I live in NB, is nowhere near Ottawa). Or in the states if everything was in Washington. Anyways, I think the Academy probably is on Coruscant though.

2-1B
04-20-2002, 06:32 PM
I speculatated that cloning could be moved to Coruscant because once Palpatine is in control he won't need the secrecy of Kamino. Still, it would make sense to have cloning facilities on several different planets. A military strike against a single clone foundry would be a major blow to the Empire. :)

chewie
04-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Kamino is probably totally subjugated/owned by the empire by the time of the OT. And there isn't really any reason to include it in there, as epII showed enough of what takes place without having to revisit the planet.

jobi
04-20-2002, 09:39 PM
If you read the books the emperor has cloning facilities all over, they would make clones for backup basically. I believe some stormtroopers (after ROJ) were clones(according to the books). But only Mr. Lucas himself could tell us about the movie.

RooJay
04-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Personally, I'm praying right now that the Stormtroopers are not ALL clones (it'd just be more interesting for me if they're not, and I still think that it's entirely possible that they are not!), but I am fully willing to accept it if it turns out to be true.

Taichi
04-25-2002, 07:21 PM
The Academy is for Officer Training......

the Stormtroopers are clones

RooJay
04-26-2002, 12:36 AM
where'd you get confirmation of this?

bigbarada
04-26-2002, 02:08 AM
Maybe the Stormtroopers in the OT are second or third generation clones. Basically clones of clones. This would explain some of their stupidity in the OT.