PDA

View Full Version : What are the EP2 figures that we dont know of?

Geonosian
04-20-2002, 12:51 AM
The tittle says it all?
What are the EP2 figures that we dont know of?
There must be more figures comming out that we havent seen?

Poggle the lesser?
Luma Su??
The list goes on.

2-1B
04-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Huh?

Try taking the list of every character in AOTC, subtract the ones from the confirmed figure lists, and there you have the ultimate list of figures we don't know of. ;)

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 01:00 AM
There's a few Deluxe ones we haven't seen Like the Destroyer Droid , Flying Geonosian and C-3PO with BD.

As for the others your guess is as good as mine. :)

Yoda'sMaster
04-20-2002, 01:41 AM
well for one if we knew then there wouldnt b this thread:p :eek:

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 01:47 AM
We haven't seen Padme (Pilot), Wat Tambor, Battle Droid (Blue/Variation), Deluxe Geonosian, Deluxe Yoda, Deluxe Destroyer Droid, Deluxe Ki-Adi-Mundi, Deluxe Clone Trooper, Deluxe Threepio.

And that should do it for missing figures so far.

(I'm not including exclusives, like the Target Arena accessory kit.)

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 01:55 AM
Wat Tambor is cool looking, i didn't know he was planned.

Beast
04-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Yeah he popped up on some early lists, and hopefully they do him and also more of the Sepratist Senators. They are some really unique charecter designs. We need a Bail Organa figure also, but I haven't seen his name on any lists. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
04-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Hey everyone.
Thanks for your help so far but, me being a huge fan of the Geonosians there will not be a delux Geonosian. But a Geonosian come with the delux Anakin.
Just thought I would let you know.
Any other imputs.

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 12:35 PM
But I wouldn't rule out a Deluxe Winged Geonosian within a year's time. :)

One that I would like is one with glider-positioned wings, and a launching mechanism. Maybe they could give it SFX, so that when you launch, you get the sound of wings flapping.

Alas, I get my hopes up too much for figure concepts I like...

Beast
04-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Yeah, there is a total of 11 Deluxe figures planned for this year, and from the lists that I have seen there still is a flying Geonosian listed sepratly from the Anakin set. Perhaps they decided to make Poggle the Lesser a deluxe figure, and are just using that code name for inhouse lists at the moment.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

neimoidian85
04-20-2002, 01:29 PM
That would make me mad. I collect only the basic line mostly, so I want a Poggle thats on 5.88, not 10 bucks. What would it come with if it were deluxe......

DeadEye
04-20-2002, 01:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Obi-Wan (Hangar Duel) and/or Obi-Wan (Kamino).

And C-3PO with battle droid body! :D

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I have an feeling that they're doing a rule of 3 with Anakin and Obi-Wan for this year.

Anakin:

Deluxe
Peasant Disguise
Hangar Duel

Obi-Wan:

Deluxe
Coruscant Chase
Kamino Investigation

Their logic could be that Anakin (Peasant) and Obi-Wan (Kamino) are specialty figures, Anakin (Hangar) and Obi-Wan (Chase) are well-suited for the Hangar duel, and, well, the deluxe are kinda just there as 'the curse of the completist'.

But I'm sure 2003 will bring about another round of resculpts. :rolleyes:

As far as the Deluxe Geonosian, they could do Poggle the Lesser, and include him with his staff, and a Geonosian drone that plugs into a wall segment when he's "inactivated".

But basic figures are usually better sculpted, and Poggle has an immense amount of detail.

DeadEye
04-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanks, Tenebruous.

I really hope they make more Obi-Wans, as deluxe and Coruscant chase both look pretty stupid holding their sabers in only one hand...:(

JediDan
04-20-2002, 05:45 PM
That alien in the background where Zam Wessell confronts Obi-Wan (or is it Anakin). You know THAT alien.... ;) I see the next Jabbas Palace scene (and Cantina scene) here where us collectors are gonna want every little alien we see for the half second they are on screen. I admit I'm one of them people. Hey the more the Merrier I say. :P

Jargo
04-20-2002, 06:12 PM
I have a feeling that the deluxe Geonosian with flying action will be triggered via a button in his thorax or something. To make his wings move. It'd be logical considering the features we've seen on the toys so far.

C-3PO comes with a battle droid body and his own surely? A completed 3PO body so you don't have to have the awful snap on coverings version and a battle droid body to recreate a scene from the movie. Otherwise it woul'dnt be deluxe really if it was just 3PO's head stuck on a battle droid body.

Yoda is supposedly coming with the crane from the hangar.

I thought the Droideka came with Ki-Adi Mundi? again, it's not very deluxe if it's just a single figure of Ki-Adi. With so many basic figures coming with large accessories that used to the domain of the deluxe figures it kind of makes a mockery of this deluxe status. Don't you think? Luke Bacta tank was deluxe, Leia with sail barge cannon was deluxe but Amanaman was most definately not. The release of Ephant mon as a single carded figure makes that absolutely clear. Likewise, the clonetrooper is a single carded figure yet comes with a gun large enough to warrant a deluxe status no? I don't understand how they work it out which figures are deluxe and which aren't. I think they choose them by wearing a blindfold and playing a game of pin the tail on the donkey.

If figures are to be single carded with such large accessories then they cannot justify charging more money for supposed deluxe figures. It's very iffy. How can Mace Windu deluxe be deluxe if there are two packs coming out of nightclub patrons that don't have the same classification? Hasbro need to make up their minds about what constitutes deluxe status and stick to it. Their pricing structure is screwy anyway with tiny figures costing the same as a large figure yet 2-packs cost the same as a single carded figure too. If two figures costs what a single carded figure costs then how can a tiny figure cost the same? Astro droids are way too expensive, Zutton was too expensive as were the small figures from episode one and the small figures from POTJ and POTF. The whole thing is up the wall and needs sorting out so we get a fair deal.

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 06:41 PM
My take on the various "iffy" deluxe:

Destroyer Droid: Better detailing than the Ep1 and POTJ versions, can transform into roll mode, comes with energy shield and holographic droideka.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Typical crappy action stance, comes with lightsaber and a Neimodian pilot with a "fleeing" sculpt

Threepio: Comes with a segment of the conveyor belt with attached manipulator arms. Threepio's head can fit into one of the arms, and the arm can swing over to the included battle droid body. This set should also include a battle droid head for army builder use.

Yoda: The crane itself would only put Yoda at basic status, so he should also come with a break-apart super battle droid.

Nexu: Could come with a Geonosian soldier (vestigial wings).

Geonosian
04-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Awesome, sounds awesome. Iam a bif fan of the Geonosians and would really want a delux.
As for the delux being Poggle I want it to be but I dont think hasbro will relese a delux Poggle.

Beast
04-20-2002, 11:33 PM
I was only suggesting Poggle be the deluxe, due to the detailed armor he wears in the film. He could also always be packed in with another charecter, or somthing else from the movie. I would much rather prefer the flying Geonosian be him, or his chief lieutenant Sun Fac, then just another nameless flyer. Got the picture resized, so here he is. He would be a great deluxe figure, what with his detailed armor. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
04-20-2002, 11:55 PM
Its cool.
I really hope there will be a Poggle figure of some sort.
Maybe a Geonosian picador.

Beast
04-21-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Maybe a Geonosian picador.
Good idea, but only if it was done as a beast asst. figure. The Orray that they ride wouldn't fit in the deluxe packaging. I wouldn't want the picador, without the Orray. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
04-21-2002, 12:16 AM
True. Just an idea.

Beast
04-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Updated my post 4 up, about Poggle the lesser to include the picture of him from the visual dictionary. Finally was able to get it resized to accomidate the forums. Again, that would be a great deluxe figure, maybe use actual plastic chains to represent the ones on his armor. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
04-21-2002, 05:50 AM
WICKED.