PDA

View Full Version : Reptiles as Pets?

Battle Droid
04-20-2002, 02:53 AM
Anyone keep any Reptiles as pets?

I keep 2 Tokay Geckos.

2-1B
04-20-2002, 02:57 AM
A friend of mine has a bearded dragon, it's pretty funny when he walks it on a leash. :D

As a kid I kept a few anoles, but nothing since then. Geckos are cool :cool:

Wooooof
04-20-2002, 03:04 AM
I once had a little king snake that would always bite me and try to swallow my fingers, exactly like that movie Anaconda were that baby anaconda is swallowing some guys finger. It would also fling it's poop on me. God, I hated that snake.

Nothing but mammals for me from now on.

Beast
04-20-2002, 03:05 AM
I'm planning to one day, after my 2 kitties become one with the force get a reptile of some kind. And I bet that all of you can guess it's name, can't ya? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-20-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And I bet that all of you can guess it's name, can't ya?

Carl?

Okay okay . . . . Ahmed ? :D

Lord Malakite
04-20-2002, 03:10 AM
And I bet that all of you can guess it's name, can't ya? :D

Oh God no! Thats cruelty to animals if you name it Jar Jar Binks.

Beast
04-20-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Oh God no! Thats cruelty to animals if you name it Jar Jar Binks.
Yep! :happy: So what, I am a fan. Just wait, my friend that is attending a convention in Colorado found someone selling adult sized Jar Jar Binks T-shirts there. I know what I am wearing to Episode II, now I need to track down one of those rubber Jar Jar masks. Hehehehe. :D :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
04-20-2002, 03:22 AM

Yep! :happy: So what, I am a fan.

Alright, don't say I didn't try to warn you when it flushes itself down the toilet in an attempt to end its cruel existence. :cry:

187-Maul
04-20-2002, 09:03 AM
my brother owns 2 leopard geckos
but they are kinda boring IMO

Jargo
04-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes I have a Rick McCallum in a big sealed airtight aquarium tank. Occasionally I let him out to bother the neighbours. His enormous belly dragging on the floor and that outrageous roar he gives whenever he opens his mouth "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!" scares the crap out of the kids. We feed him amateur local reporters once a day and feed him monthly with old expense accounts printoffs. He seems happy when he's munching through old figures......

We're thinking of having him put to sleep though. he keeps making a mes by putting his foot right in it. Must be losing it up top then. shame really.......

Starfig873
04-20-2002, 11:30 AM
lol. That's funny EJ. Very funny. :D

I've wanted to, though it probably won't be till I move out or something. I'm still a cat-person right now anyway. :p

dr_evazan22
04-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Watch out with those reptiles!

A local Newark DE man recently was found dead and half eaten in his apartment by his 2 Monitor lizards! I haven't heard if he died and was eaten, or if he died b/c he was eaten. It made a bunch of papers and newscasts in Jan or early March.

If you are in Philly, stop by the zoo to see a Komodo (comode-o?) Dragon.

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 12:39 AM
I don't have to worry about 2 Tokay Geckos eating me. They like to bite, but they aren't big enough to eat someone.

JediCole
04-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Mrs. JediCole and I used to keep chameleons. Not the North American anoles (which are often mistakenly called chameleons due to their moderate color-changing ablities), but true African chameleons. Over the years we had a total of six chameleons representing two of the 250 different species. We started with (my personal favorite since childhood) the Jackson's horned chameleons and years later adopted three veiled chameleons from a guy who was moving out of state. They were great fun and highly intellegent. And the best part, both of these species favored moderate temperatures. No need for heat lamps, they loved temperatures in the 60's and 70's. The traditionally high temperatures that other reptiles require would be deadly to the chameleons.