PDA

View Full Version : Give me a list for AOTC (buying order)

BoShek
04-20-2002, 09:50 AM
I will not be buying every AOTC figure when they come out. In fact, it might take me a couple of months to get them all.

I need your help. Make a list of the AOTC figures. Determine the order by two means: packing of the figure per case (lower the closer to the top) and how popular you think this figure will be. I will use this list to slowly collect the new line and it will help me greatly.

Also, no spoilers!

Thanks!

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 12:46 PM
I don't condone buying figures based on their availability or popularity or "rareness", but here's my selection of figures that would give you a nice starting collection:

If you're buying 5...

#03 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
#13 - Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
#18 - Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)
#22 - Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
#27 - Count Dooku (Dark Lord)

If you can buy 5 more...

#02 - Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
#06 - Super Battle Droid
#23 - Yoda (Jedi Master)
#16 - Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
#17 - Clone Trooper (Red)

Then, over the summer, you can pick up Jedi, army builders, or anything else you see fit. :)

CrossWizard
04-20-2002, 01:21 PM
#17 - Clone Trooper (Red)

Those in my opinion are the bare essentials come April 23rd, but if you have enough spare cash pick up Kit Fisto as well.

JesusFreak
04-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

I agree with that except switch out Obi-Wan for Padme

3rdamention
04-20-2002, 06:52 PM
I Am going after Jango Fett Camino Escape, Count Dooku Dark Lord, and a Red Clone Trooper. Maybe any other troopers that are available also.

BoShek
04-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Any comments on the figures that will be shorter packed?

InsaneJediGirl
04-20-2002, 08:36 PM
I say when you see a short packed figure..grab it.Even if you have to put in Lay-Away.Might not find it again:D

derek
04-20-2002, 09:25 PM
why don't you just buy what you like? if you plan on buying them all anyway, just take your time and look around. they should be plentiful.

Beast
04-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by derek
why don't you just buy what you like? if you plan on buying them all anyway, just take your time and look around. they should be plentiful.
Thats the best advice you have been given yet BoShek. Just buy the ones you like best, and then get the others later. The Wal-Mart managers I spoke to this weekend said that the E2 stuff will remain prominantly displayed in a nice sized area until atleast August, longer if the stuff does better then the E1 line. There are always going to be some really hot figures in the beginning, but remember that Maul was hard to find at the start also, and then he became one of the most avaliable figures on the pegs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
04-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys. I will use the lists to help me pick some of the figures.

Like I said, I am slowly getting them all and of course I'll pick up the ones I like earlier on, it's just the rest that I have no opinon on that I needed the list for.

I will probably get only a few before the movie comes out because I want to remain unspoiled and figures can give that away!

JesusFreak
04-21-2002, 12:36 AM
Unspoiled? If you wanna remain unspoiled I'd stay away from stores altogether, anyways here are some spoiler figures
HD Anakin, Tusken Mom, JJB, Dooku, Yoda, and Zam, there might be more.

kadamontaga
04-21-2002, 05:07 AM
Sorry to be so persistent, but can someone please tell me which figures have spoliers on them? Not the cards, the actual figures.
I know for sure (and I wish i didn't) that the Anakin Hangar figure contains a spoiler, so that's an example of what I mean.

Beast
04-21-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by kadamontaga
Sorry to be so persistent, but can someone please tell me which figures have spoliers on them? Not the cards, the actual figures. I know for sure (and I wish i didn't) that the Anakin Hangar figure contains a spoiler, so that's an example of what I mean. Thanks :)
All of the figure backs, pretty much. As far as figures and accessories: Boba Fett, R2-D2, Dexter Jettster, Zam Wesell, Royal Guard (kinda), Anakin: HD, Yoda, Jar Jar Binks (kinda), Taun We, and Count Dooku. Some of these vary, in how big a spoiler they can be considered. Some of the others figures have minor spoiler accessories included, but these are the bigger ones. Jango Fett: FB as well is a major spoiler, but he's not out until May. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
04-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Thanks JarJarBinks. I will avoid looking these figures until the movie comes out.

It's funny but when PM came out, I didn't want anything to do with the figures until the movie. In fact, I sqinted my eyes around them until I saw it. Luckily my mom felt they would be rare and bought almost all of the first wave when they first arrived! As soon as I saw the movie I came home and opened the big bag!

Hum, I guess I can curb my urges to go to Wal Mart this week and tell my mother to get me a few figures here and there until the movie comes out. That way I can remain unspoiled.

kadamontaga
04-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Hi again, more questions...
If we say that Hangar Duel Anakin is a Major spoiler, how serious are the spoilers on the following figures:
Yoda
Dexter
Royal Guard
Taun We
Count D.

Cheers

InsaneJediGirl
04-21-2002, 11:02 AM
If you really,really want to remain spoiler-free..dont get Yoda,Taun We,or Dooku.The Royal Guard and Dexter only
contain mild spoilers..if I remember correctly:crazed: