PDA

View Full Version : at at

AdmiralPiett
04-20-2002, 02:56 PM
I have a question. I am looking to pick up a vintage AT-AT and I'm wondering do AT-ATs came with a rope or not? In the picture on the box, it shows Luke hanging from a little rope so I got curious.
Piett

jedi_uk73
04-20-2002, 04:49 PM
The vintage AT AT walker came in a few different styles of box, all with the ESB logo.

The rope that you see, came with an accessory kit included with the AT AT in later boxes.
This was a 10 piece kit consisting of hoth backpacks, belts, rifles and rope with hook.

The way to tell is that the box had a round red sticker on the front of the box.

You may find that finding a walker with the kit included still, will be a mission in itself. Generally these are now missing, so unless you can find a sealed box you may be unlucky.

Now and again one pops up on Ebay or maybe in a collector shop or collectors fair.

http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=911

This is a quick link to Sir Steves picture archive of the AT AT.

Hope this has helped.

AdmiralPiett
04-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Thanks!
I've seen those things on Ebay for about 7-10 bucks. Now I think the real challenge is going to be finding one with the chin guns!
Piett

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 12:14 PM
The "kit" was also part of a mail away programme Kenner had going in 1981, I believe. I have the "kit" from that programme.

AdmiralPiett
04-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Is the POTF2 AT-AT mold the same one as the vintage one? I was just comparing pictures and they look virtually identical.
Piett

odb
04-21-2002, 04:14 PM
The POTF II mould is basically the same as the vinatge one but there are subtle changes. I've got both but my digital camera isn't working.

Most of these are round the head. On the vinatge one the head can be controlled from inside the body by means of a handle with a button to activate the chin guns. This is absent on the POTF II one. The chin and cheek guns are different on the POTF II version (the cheek guns fire missiles while the chin guns are moved by a lever which also triggers sound effects).

On the body Hasbro added a rope harness/winch for Luke's attack on the left hand side. On the interior there is a console which when buttons are pressed trigger sound effects and light up screens showing stills from the film. Othere than that the only other differences are a new paint job and different plastics being used.

Hope this helps.

jedi_uk73
04-21-2002, 04:44 PM
If you are still after a Vintage AT AT, don't forget to make sure its got the bulb cover as well. This was another piece that had a funny way of going AWOL.

The cover is situated under the chin inbetween the guns.

I have seen a few AT AT's up on Ebay UK lately, all with missing parts. Your best bet for a complete one is a collector shop. I got one boxed for about 90. ($130 USD)

ACPin
04-28-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Thanks!
I've seen those things on Ebay for about 7-10 bucks. Now I think the real challenge is going to be finding one with the chin guns!
Piett
Those chin guns can really be expensive, good thing I still have mine on my vintage AT-AT.

boss nass
04-28-2002, 10:29 PM
go to brians toys for chin guns they are only $20.00 bucks which ain't TOO bad