PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of any other crazy Celebration II Exclusive stuff for sale??

3rdamention
04-20-2002, 06:23 PM
THe Exclusive figure is so tight. At least I think so.

I Have heard about a leather bound Star Wars Episode II AOTC novel that will be Exlusive to C2 and Limited to 500 and signed by the author.

Is there any other crazy stuff I will be able to find? Such as videos or somthing? I just like hearing about stuff I will be able to get, so darn exciting.

Thanks for any info.

Lord Tenebrous
04-20-2002, 06:57 PM
From Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8474)

At Star Wars Celebration II you'll not only be able to shop for exclusive merchandise in the Celebration II Store, you'll also have the chance to fill up a shopping bag with international Star Wars books and comics that are absolutely free!

Thanks to Lucas Licensing, our international publishers, and our convention partners, Wizards of the Coast, more than 10,000 past Star Wars books, comic books, graphic novels and kids books will be given away to fans in the Giant Book Give-Away in Hall F of the Indiana Convention Center. The Give-Away will feature books in around 30 languages, including French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese and English-language books printed outside the U.S. Most of the books were printed in the last seven to eight years.

The Book Give-Away is a special treat for fans who are coming to Celebration II from all around the world, for those who are learning another language, for collectors who prize international versions of their favorite Star Wars books, and for fans who are just looking to add something unique to their Star Wars bookshelf.

Here's how the Book Give-Away will work: Go to the Give-Away area in Hall F of the Convention Center and pick up your shopping bag. You'll then enter the Book Give-Away area, where you can browse the stacks of volumes. You'll be allowed to fill one shopping bag with books -- that's free books. That's all there is to it! The Book Give-Away will open at 10:00 AM on Friday May 3, and run through all three days of the event, or until all the books are gone.

Special thanks are in order to Brian Hancock of Sport Graphics in Indianapolis, and his fellow Star Wars fan club members, the Indy Knights. Brian has been storing the books, and the Knights will help set them up before the convention opens on Friday.

This is so sweet. I might have to convince somebody to pick up a few Spanish-language items.

dr_evazan22
04-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I think the E1 slip-case hard cover is still available thru the FC if you need one of those.

What a waste!

I don't mean to disparage anyone or their collections, but I don't get those "special" hard back books. Now, selling a regular copy w/ R.A.'s autograph I can understand, but the price for the other book will probably be $75-100.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Okay... see how NOT fanatical I am...? Who the heck would make George Lucas (X-Wing Pilot) for the exclusive figure? Is he supposed to be old George or young George? I wouldn't want this figure. Maybe I'm not as big of a geek as I thought I was! :rolleyes:

3rdamention
04-23-2002, 03:26 AM
I am not a geek but I want the figure.

How much do you think this autograph book is going to cost that they are selling with like everyones autograph in it? Would be interesting.

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 3rdamention
I am not a geek but I want the figure.

How much do you think this autograph book is going to cost that they are selling with like everyones autograph in it? Would be interesting. It's just under $800.

3rdamention
04-27-2002, 12:27 AM
Wow. $800 is crazy.

I wont be picking that one up. But I am sure many people will.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Are you telling the truth, jedihunter?

jedihunter25
04-30-2002, 08:35 PM
It's $795 and limited to only 100 of them. For a leather binder with a silver logo it's $65 and limited to only 50 of these.