PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's conception.

Bosskman
04-20-2002, 10:53 PM
I don't know why I never thought of this before but it'd brilliant! (IMO anyways) Sidious has some sort of relationship with the Kaminoans, so it is possible that he has them extract genetic materials from a leftover relic of one of the Sith Lords (maybe Darth Bane or someone else) and had them make a clone embyo, possibly beefed up with extra midichlorians (Anakin). Knowing the Jedi prophecy about the "balance to the force midichlorian conception theory" he had the embryo implanted into Shmi (unbeknownst to her) to fool the Jedi. What happened next could be revealed later in EIII but remember, Shmi and Anakin were not always on Tatooine "since I was very little, three, I think". I know selling them to Gardulla the Hutt might not be the most obvious choice for Sid for them but he is a master of the Force and probably forsaw, somehow, that they would lead a relatively secure life as slaves, ready to be found out somehow by the Jedi. Remember that patience is highly prised by the Sith. The whole no father thing bugs me. I think that it will definately be more than another "I am your father" thing though. If Anakin found out that he is a clone of a sith lord then I'm sure that would lead him to the dark side, especially when combined with his anger over Shmi's death and the whole marriage situation. I think the coolest thing would be for Palpy to lead Anakin ionto some ancient sith shrine fuul of the tombs of a thousand years worth of Sith Lords somewhere in the bowells of some planet and reveal these things to him.

Jason B
04-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
he had the embryo implanted into Shmi (unbeknownst to her) to fool the Jedi.

yeah, what'd he say, "Yeah, just lie down on the table, and spread your legs. you wont feel me artificialy impregnate you." :rolleyes: sorry, i just dont buy it.

Bosskman
04-20-2002, 11:42 PM
There are always drugs they could have knocked her out with. It's no dumber than her geeting shagged by Dooku without knowing about it. I just don't by the whole midi thing.

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 02:01 AM
ya what are we susposed to think, the medicoloines are like playing god ?

Jason B
04-21-2002, 01:18 PM
It's no dumber than her geeting shagged by Dooku without knowing about it.

i dont buy any of that. "Palpatine is his father." "Dooku is his father." "Watto is his father."
it was the Midiclorians.
think about it, do you think Watto would put up with that? i thunk thats where the Watto as his father came from.
you believe what you believe, i believe what i believe. :-|

RooJay
04-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Cool idea even though I doubt it'll turn out that way. If it were to happen it'd be like Palpatine having a hand in the birth of Luke and his own eventual downfall.

gibbyhayes
04-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Ain't nothin' divine about Anakin. Shmi is full of it. I do wonder if they'll ever resolve this.

DarthBrandon
05-09-2002, 04:15 AM
Bosskman i like your idea but i don't buy the clone embryo thing,
maybe Darth Bane's seed i could see that and I don't think you can clone somebody with a natural birth. I also don't agree with the midi's idea either like yourself.

Laserbrain
06-01-2002, 02:09 AM
I've been posting theories in the wrong place for two weeks now, I greviously appologise for that error!

Anyway, the reason I start this thread is because I want to read your opinions of why Anakin cannot be a clone.

(oops, I did it again, sorry admin)

Jason B
06-01-2002, 12:27 PM
:confused:

InsaneJediGirl
06-01-2002, 04:27 PM
I dont buy it either.Shmi isnt that dumb.I mean,getting knocked out cold,then waking up and finding herself pregnant?

I believe midicholrians played a role,along with the plain ole Force.Anakin IS the chosen one,who brings balance to the Force in ROTJ.

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:09 AM
it all makes sense now.

Croaker
06-07-2002, 09:55 AM
I was talking to a friend, (non-SW person) and she said that she and many of her friends interpreted Shmi's dialogue in ep I as meaning that she simply didn't want to disclose who the father was, not that there wasn't one.

They never took the literal interpretation of a 'virgin birth'

RooJay
06-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Bosskman i like your idea but i don't buy the clone embryo thing,
maybe Darth Bane's seed i could see that and I don't think you can clone somebody with a natural birth. I also don't agree with the midi's idea either like yourself.

Actually, that's exactly how it works. Every clone that has existed so far has had a natural birth. The cloned sheep, cat, and whatever else where all implanted as embryos into adult females of that same species. So far that is the only way to produce clones.

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 01:23 AM
Anakin HAS to be a clone. It's the only explanation for his unnaturally high midiclorian count. The Force has already "chosen" a representative of the side of the light, and he's been around for 800 years. Yoda had a natural birth back then, and the Force has been with him since.

Shimi did not lie. It was established during the first few minutes of TPM with the line "I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute" that Qui-Gon is somewhat empathic in regard to sensing strong emotion. At the very least, if Shimi would have lied he would have sensed her fear of being found out.

My other evidence is that someone had to have had given Palpatine enough midiclorians before he became more than your average politician. Every natural Jedi birth is somehow known to the Jedi Council (probably sensed in meditation by Yoda) and the babies are then taken from their families and raised in the Temple. If Palpy would have been born with the midiclorians he would have been trained as a Jedi, not a Sith. Instead he grew up normally and became a senator, much like Padme’.

The idea of midiclorians, giving the Force a kind of cheesy, duex ex machina Star Trek explanation, would not have even been put into the fold if it wasn’t part of the story for a reason. It doesn’t add anything at all, as of yet. It was shown in E1 that the Republic had the technology to detect and study the li’l buggers, and it apparently wouldn’t take much of a technological leap to manipulate and synthesize a midiclorian with all this cloning around. The Kamonian mad scientist dude even passed along the idea that cloning a Jedi would be a piece of cake.

Why was Anakin's birth not sensed by the Jedi? Probably cuz he was born in close proximity to two powerful Sith Lords and masked by their presence, either that or because of his unnatural birth. I venture to guess that Anakin was either cloned from the genetic material of Count Dooku (as Palpy is not pure) or Sifo-Dyas. Possibly both.

RooJay
06-11-2002, 03:19 AM
It's not implied anywhere in the Saga that all Force sensitives are discovered and raised to be Jedi. Actually, I seem to recall that Qui-Gon mentions how Anakin was missed because he had been living so far out on the galactic rim that he never would've been found if events had not led Qui-Gon to Tattooine AND Watto's shop (as implied).

Jedi Clint
06-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Naboo might not have been part of the Republic when Palpatine was born....it is on the outer rim isn't it?

RooJay
06-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Yes, actually. It's very near Tattooine, in fact.

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 01:13 AM
I know how controversial the Anakin clone theory is but allow me to top it off and revisit an idea even more controversial.

If Anakin is indeed a clone, does it not stand to reason that Darth Maul would be genetically engineered as well?

When Qui-Gon fought with Maul and they were separated by the energy barrier was this not the perfect time for some exposition? Was I the only one who expected Maul to tell us where he came from?

Why then did he simply pace back and forth giving Qui-Gon the evil eye? Was it because he had no past to speak of, or because he would reveal too much of the story too soon?

RooJay
06-14-2002, 02:41 AM
You mean like, "Hi. I'm Darth Maul. Sith apprentice to Darth Sidious, but you don't know who he is yet. My skin didn't always look like this; I had myself tattooed as a testament to my dedication to the Dark side. I have come here not only to pace back and forth and give you the evil eye, but also to kill you! You may be surprised to know that I am actually a clone of someone who apparently has no bearing on current events, but I also share that in common with someone you know which won't be revealed to anyone for some time to come. Are there any questions I can answer for you while you wait...TO DIE?!". You mean something like that? I'd call that a little more than controversial...

Sorry, I honestly don't mean any offense by that. I just couldn't resist.;)

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 03:19 AM
Well, actually I was thinking of something more like...

"Qui-Gon....I am your father's mother's uncle's sister's roommate's first cousin..."

"What?"

"HAW! Got ya!"

;)

RooJay
06-14-2002, 03:37 AM
LOL! I like yours better!;)

jawaboy
06-19-2002, 08:52 PM
Maybe he is a clone of Palpy...someone else with an unusually high amount of midichlorions....

Jacen Solo
07-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Laserbrain
My other evidence is that someone had to have had given Palpatine enough midiclorians before he became more than your average politician. Every natural Jedi birth is somehow known to the Jedi Council (probably sensed in meditation by Yoda) and the babies are then taken from their families and raised in the Temple. If Palpy would have been born with the midiclorians he would have been trained as a Jedi, not a Sith. Instead he grew up normally and became a senator, much like Padme’.

I could be wrong here, I'm not trying to step on anyones toes, but I have two things to say,
first, no one could have given Palpatine midiclorians, you have to be born with them. Midiclorians are in your blood you can't just get injected with them or however it is you think you get them, because otherwise the Jedi could just give them to people they thought noble to help save the jedi from extinction, or possibly extract them for that matter.
second, every Jedi birth isin't sensed by the Jedi in meditation, maybe some are, but not all. Jedi are found as children that have been reported as having unusual powers, or have been sensed by nearby jedi as jedi sense each other within close proximity. Another point of why they can't be sensed in meditation is that if that were so then why weren't potential jedi found right after birth instead of as young children or not at all.
So your thoery that Anakin is a clone made from midiclorians is, in my opinion, a neat Idea but not possible.

RooJay
07-19-2002, 12:23 AM
Unless of course, the source of the clone was born with midichlorians. As near as can be seen Force talent, and therefore midichlorians also, appear to be passed on genetically from father of offspring. This would seem to imply that midichlorians are somehow bound to genetic structure.

DarthBatman
07-19-2002, 01:54 AM
I don't know why I never thought of this before but it'd brilliant! (IMO anyways) Sidious has some sort of relationship with the Kaminoans, so it is possible that he has them extract genetic materials from a leftover relic of one of the Sith Lords (maybe Darth Bane or someone else) and had them make a clone embyo, possibly beefed up with extra midichlorians (Anakin). Knowing the Jedi prophecy about the "balance to the force midichlorian conception theory" he had the embryo implanted into Shmi (unbeknownst to her) to fool the Jedi. What happened next could be revealed later in EIII but remember, Shmi and Anakin were not always on Tatooine "since I was very little, three, I think". I know selling them to Gardulla the Hutt might not be the most obvious choice for Sid for them but he is a master of the Force and probably forsaw, somehow, that they would lead a relatively secure life as slaves, ready to be found out somehow by the Jedi. Remember that patience is highly prised by the Sith. The whole no father thing bugs me. I think that it will definately be more than another "I am your father" thing though. If Anakin found out that he is a clone of a sith lord then I'm sure that would lead him to the dark side, especially when combined with his anger over Shmi's death and the whole marriage situation. I think the coolest thing would be for Palpy to lead Anakin ionto some ancient sith shrine fuul of the tombs of a thousand years worth of Sith Lords somewhere in the bowells of some planet and reveal these things to him.

Look, I'm not trying to be mean. I don't really like being mean, and doing this pains me, but... this is a horrible, horrible idea. Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.:cry: