PDA

View Full Version : "Stop the Exclusives, Hasbro!" petition.

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 10:34 AM
This has gone on long enough. I think it's time for us to take a stand and declare as a united collecting community that this Exclusive business has got to stop. Hasbro has sucked all the enjoyment out of collecting for me. I get stomach cramps worrying about whether I will find the latest Exclusive toys or if I can afford bidding outrageous prices for one on ebay. I don't enjoy the hunt. I enjoy finding the toys and taking them home and setting them up on my shelf. There are several ways we can do this, but we can't do it alone. We need to get other Star Wars fansites involved. Rebelscum, force.net. Everybody. There will be plenty of us going to Celebration II. The perfect time to get a TON of signatures saying Exclusives suck and they need to stop excluding the average collector. Or we can create a form letter that everyone can cut and paste and send to Hasbro's *cough* customer service website. I feel like sending a personal letter to George Lucas saying I've loved your movies since I was three years old, but your marketing teams and liscensees have done everything in there power to discourage me from enjoying Star Wars. Your own Executive Producer insulted us by calling us deranged the other day. At what point did the thng I enjoyed most in life:Star Wars, become so distasteful to me? It's a sad day indeed...

Beast
04-21-2002, 11:23 AM
As I posted in the other thread, you have a supporter here EP. The Exclusive situation was all fine and good in the beginning. An occasional exclusive or 2 was cool, when they were released in decent quantities. Anyone remember the Wal-Mart Max Rebo band pairs. I remeber going into Wal-Mart and actually seeing the stuff on the shelves. Same with 12" exclusives a few years ago. Now your lucky if you even see one of the ships at retail, not to mention half the time they are damaged.

If Hasbro really wants to do exclusives, fine. How about releasing them exclusive to the store, and then...a few months later, start selling them direct or thru the fan club for people that missed them at retail. If they can make stuff like that avaliable for order for anyone with a foreign Hasbro account, they can just as easily make them avaliable to us here in the states direct.

I don't put stock in what Ricky McCallum says, EP. As the old saying goes, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. :) I have no clue what Lucas sees in that guy, I wonder if he shakes his head and rolls his eyes at some of the stuff that dribbles out of Ricky M's mouth. He's almost as bad as George Bush Jr. and other politicians with the ammount of stupid crap that comes flying out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
04-21-2002, 11:47 AM
I couldn't agree more.The whole retail exclusive thing has to stop.I still say any and all Hasbro exclusives should be thru the Fan club site and made available to everyone everywhere.NO MORE STORE EXCLUSIVES!!
There is no real hunt involved.You can almost guarantee yourself not to find them.
Let's get something going here with a formal petition.I will not be at Cel. 2 but I would be willing to send something somewhere.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-21-2002, 10:31 PM
Same here!!! Stop the friggin' exclusives and get those Star Wars items in every store on this place called Earth! It's 2002 for God's sake, FUBAR Hasbro makes it look like we're still in the ""Dark ages"!

:(

SithDroid
04-21-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm in. I'd gladly sign a petition. I have complained about exclusives in the past, but the recent Imperial Shuttle exclusive has p***ed me off to no end. Someone should start some kind of formal petition to either Hasbro or Lucas himself to let them know how the fans feel. Perhaps only then will exclusives become a thing of the past.

Taichi
04-22-2002, 12:45 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.....

In my area there IS no Target, or FAO Schwartz........and I don't own a credit card......

Furthermore, I have seen no recent TRU or Wal-Mart Exclusives since the Dewback from waaaay back.....

This has got to stop.......Exclusivity drives up demand, and supply CANNOT meet that demand on an exclusive.......

Hasbro knows this, but they never seem to learn........

Now Mailaways are okay, but store exclusives, and event exclusives are just stupid.........

I can't complete my figure collection because I don't have a car to drive to Celebration II?, and I can't get a ToyFair Vader, because I'm not in the business?, that's garbage, and should be stopped.......

mightywhelk
04-22-2002, 06:55 AM
You've got my vote also. If the exclusives are sometimes difficult to come by in the US, imagine what it is like for us in the UK and the rest of Europe. We don't have FAO or Wal Mart and the 60 or so (UK) TRU's don't have the exclusives. I don't see why there should be such a difference of what is available depending on which side of the pond you are on, and why can't all toys be available in the same (proportionate) volumes everywhere?

Come on Hasbro, give something back to the people that ultimately pay your wages...

Eternal Padawan
04-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Complain at this link from DarthMaulSithLord (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=67474#post67474)

I've been toying with an idea of a form letter we can all send in to them, but I don't know how to make diplomatic and official sounding without degenerating into a bunch of four letter obscenities which is how I am feeling. :mad: Anybody want to draft one for us to use?

Eternal Padawan
04-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Hasbro sent me this this morning after I unudated then with e-mails yesterday:

Thank you for your email. Please visit us at:
http://www.hasbro.com/default.asp?x=custhelp There you will be able to view
our most frequently asked questions or, if your question is not addressed in
our FAQ database, you may ask your product-related question or share any
concern you may have.
Hasbro Consumer Affairs

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 09:53 AM
I am willing to write something up today.Be forwarned I am not an overly educated man but I think I can handle this.Should there also be a form letter to george Lucas as well?Also should it address a few other concerns i.e. quality control,listening to the consumer,possibility of a "fan" counsel group like alot of other companies use to get feedback?Let me know and I'll get on it (them) today and have my nephew help me post it later.Please ignor the link below.I don't think it works.Go to either one of Jason B's posts

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 11:24 AM
O.K. guys I posted it.Not sure how but I did.Hope it's not screwed up.Read it over and please feel free to edit,format correct it.No really please fix it up if needed.What do you think?

InsaneJediGirl
04-22-2002, 11:40 AM
Dryanta,Your Zip file wont open for me:dead: :cry:

Moving on..Lucas should be notifed,its only proper if he cares about the Starwars Line.Exclusives are a joke...I never found a
B-Wing at Target because "We dont carry Starwars items"..funny how a bunch of Figures were sitting back there:rolleyes: Make exclusives available to EVERYONE in the world,not just the U.S.

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 11:43 AM
Sorry I'm not computer literate at all.My nephew will be here later so I'll have him post it correctly.Thanks for the response on the Lucas thing.I think I'll go ahead with it and then we'll all decide if it's something we'd like to use.Or maybe someone else will do better than I'm able to.

Jason B
04-22-2002, 12:17 PM
here it is in Zip format.

Jason B
04-22-2002, 12:29 PM
and in .txt format.

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 01:56 PM
I'll gladly sign a petition! What should be done is collecting and nice huge list then printing it out and sending it via snail mail to Hasbro and Lucas.

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 02:11 PM
I've written up a letter to george Lucas that will be posted a little later.Did you read the letter LT? Any ideas?

SithDroid
04-22-2002, 04:50 PM
The letter sounds pretty good to me, although make sure you go back through and proofread it a couple of times. There are a couple of mistakes in there. Like there are two "haves" right in a row and I think the word "the" is missing in there somewhere.

evenflow
04-22-2002, 05:05 PM
I am torn on this issue. I like exclusives, but am against the regional ones like Celebration and TOyfare. I don't know where i stand.

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Thanks sithdriod.Feel free to make any changes and submit it.We can all then pick the we like best and get it going.evenflow I think the idea of the things we have gotten are great.it's the availability and price of exclusives that make it so they need to go IMHO

El Chuxter
04-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

I won't be able to get to it today, but I'll be happy to handle any proofreading/copy editing on the letter. After all, that's my job. :D

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Thanks El Chuxter.I'll be posting the lett to GL later as well

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 06:35 PM
here's the Lucas letter for your editing pleasure.

eliwankenobi
04-23-2002, 04:10 PM
I am right onboard with a "Stop the Exclusives" petition.
I have ranted and raved about the difficulty in finding many of the "elusives". Now I only get mad about them because I know that I will most likely not be able to get them due to retail shortages - and I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to pay scalper prices!!!

I think if Hasbro feels the need to produce exclusives, they should be offered through a market that would most benefit the fans and collectors who most want them the most, i.e. the SWFC or direct sales. The only ones who benefit from store exclusives are the g@dd@mn scalpers!!!

Hasbro, quit keeping all the scalpers in business. Let them all go get real jobs, and let us collect our toys in peace at reasonable prices!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-23-2002, 08:49 PM
I say we get some lightsabers and plan a coup on Hasbro's HQ.

:D

BanthaPoodoo
04-29-2002, 12:20 AM
It's funny they call em exclusives, cause thats exactly what they are!!! They're not inclusive, but exclusive, get it?? LOL...

Anyway, I agree, there is not an FAO Schwarz, Target, or any of the other stores located within 500 miles of here.... all I get is WM, KMK, KB, TRU, & EB (when they have figures)

I like what eliwan called em, & what I think I shall call em from now on "elusives" Instead of a FAO Shuttle Tyderium Exclusive, it shall forever be known as the FAO Shuttle Tyderium Elusive!!

Darkross
04-29-2002, 11:41 AM
I too hate exclusives...I was lucky on the last two that I bought...Tie Interceptor (stumbled across them) here in Canada after patiently waiting for about 4 months...and I was very determined not to miss the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders...managed to get two of each. There are three exclusives that I wish I could have gotten...all are Target of course (Y-Wing, B-Wing (tried to get it shipped to Canada from Target.COM...and they cancelled my order because I was Canadian! ARGH!, and the SKIFF!). The FAO Swartz exclusive Shuttle will be another one that I'll never see. I never saw this ship when it was released in 1983 and so I will probably resort to building my own.

CaptQuint
05-04-2002, 11:07 PM
I totally agree that there is no practical reason for them. Hasbro claims that they help to make toys that otherwise would not get made. Take the Tydirium. Hasbro is going to spend $$$ redesigning, producing, and packing this enormous ship, only to make 5,000 of them? The only people this helps is scalpers!
How do I know?
Several years ago, I had my heart set on the new Y-wing from Target. Well, that's ok, thought I, for there are 3 in my area. Wrong! The day they hit stores, scalpers bought them all up. Complaints to managers fell on deaf ears. They didn't mind that one person was allowed to buy 3 whole cases of them. And what do you think he was going to do with them, open and play?
Emails to Target were pointless. I was told, "because the Y-wings were *poor* sellers, we decided to not order any more from Hasbro." Poor sellers? How can anything that sells out before it's put on shelves be considered that?
Every toy show I go to, there are scores of them, many still in their Target cases. Dealers want $100 for *1* of them, way up from the $30 or so retail. Ebay sales are about the same price. Isn't it odd that a vinatge Y-wing, complete, is cheaper?
Hasbro claims that the thrill of the hunt is going to please fans. Do I sound HAPPY, Hasbro? Happy that I couldn't find the one toy I truly wanted and now can't buy?
Hasbro doesn't care about collectors. If they did, they'd end this useless exclusive crap and make them available for everyone.
Hasbro, why not make ALL toys available on your website? I know many people don't live near Targets, Wal-Marts, Toys R Us, or FAO. How will they get their exclusives and be happy?
I want my Y-wing, Hasbro. I want my Y-wing!

DaneSolo
05-04-2002, 11:15 PM
They shouldn't be called exclusives but EXCLUDIVES because they exclude people who don't live near an FAO or a Target. I read a Hasbro Q & A at theforce.net and one dude lied by saying they make sure that exclusives are available to all collectors. Well, we just got a Target in Maine this year--I've missed all of those EXCLUDIVES!!!
AND the nearest FAO is in Boston. So they lie when they say they're concerned about the collector.

kevfett
05-05-2002, 04:49 AM
Hasbro will NEVER EVER stop with the exclusives. Why? It would take the buzz away from certain toys. Do you really think that say... the TIE Bomber would sell as much if it wasn't exclusive to Wal-Mart. If every retailer had the opportunity to sell that item it wouldn't be as "collectible" in the eyes of resellers. Thus it would cut out a majority of those who purchase these items for quick resale. The way it is Hasbro has not only fans but "scalpers" as well. They wouldn't miss a chance a making a quick buck!

SithDroid
05-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Exclusives need to be stopped. I for one missed out on the 25th Anniversary Vaser because the stupid Fna Club website was not letting me order one, and now if I want one I have to pay around $100 because all the SCALPERS bought them with the intention of selling them on ebay. I am getting sick and tired of this. I love collecting Star Wars, but if I am unable to get the things that I want, then why collect at all? I am seriously debating on whether or not I should keep up with my collection. Back in 97-98 I stopped collecting for a while because I got tired of it, but then I got started back about the time EP I was released. I might just take another break or stop collecting altogether because it gets real iritating when all you want to do is complete your collection and you have these exclusives released that get bought up by scalpers because the scalpers KNOW that they are exclusive and therefore harder to find because they are not availble at every store.

Also dear Hasbro, if you do indeed read these: Please release more of the 25th Anniversary Darth Vaders so I can get one. I talked to the Fan Club about it and they said that it wasn't up to them to get more in, that I had to talk to you. Please make collecting fun again by letting people get what they want.

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 09:32 AM
Moving it back up guys.I think E.P.s idea is a good one.WE NEED INPUT ON THESE PETITIONS!!!Now that we're starting to talk shuttle again the time is ripe.Come on guys lets move on something other than complaining in ignored posts.

Darkross
05-31-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by kevfett
Hasbro will NEVER EVER stop with the exclusives. Why? It would take the buzz away from certain toys. Do you really think that say... the TIE Bomber would sell as much if it wasn't exclusive to Wal-Mart. If every retailer had the opportunity to sell that item it wouldn't be as "collectible" in the eyes of resellers. Thus it would cut out a majority of those who purchase these items for quick resale. The way it is Hasbro has not only fans but "scalpers" as well. They wouldn't miss a chance a making a quick buck!

I never thought of it that way...imagine...Hasbro having their own scalpers working for them! Hmmm...makes you wonder!

eliwankenobi
05-31-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm back - and just as ****$ed as ever!! :mad:

It's been two months since the release of the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder and I still haven't seen ONE of either of these items in my area Wal-Marts - and there are SEVEN WMs within 15 miles of my house!!! What the he!!??
On the contrary, I see lots of them on eBay, and my pal just went to the local scalper show and found TONS of them - all starting around $60!!

What, you think us collectors have unlimited funds to purchase this stuff for any amount, from wherever we can get it?!

And now with the Target Accessory Packs coming out - half with figures that were already hard-to-find the first time around - I can already see that these will be a pain in the @$$ to find.

What's the deal, Hasbro?! Why are you making SW collecting so impossibly aggrevating? Don't you want to please your customers? Then stop the godd@mn exclusives!!! The only ones that benefit from the exclusives are the lowlife scalpers that just camp out on storefronts and hoarde everything to try to turn a profit off of kids and collectors. How does that influence your marketing plan, knowing that these things rarely fall into the hands of the people that want them most? All is does is drive people away from collecting (THAT MEANS NOT BUYING YOUR PRODUCT ANYMORE!!) because they refuse to pay a king's ransom for a little TOY!!
If you feel the need to make limited numbers of any item then they should be made available thru a source thay would benefit the people that most want it, i.e. direct sales or the SW Fan Club. You've done that before - why not any more?

Do all of us a favor and take your product back from the scalpers and put it in the hands of the kids and fans!!!

I WANT MY TIE BOMBER!!!!!! :mad:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Count me in. I hate exclusives! Exclusives are elusive inclusive repulsive explosives! Touch them and what happens? You lose an arm and a leg paying for them.

Jargo
05-31-2002, 03:07 PM
Quite my thoughts exactly. So sick of American only exclusives. Said it before and I'll say it again, the world is not America. There's a whole world of collectors beyond the two oceans Hasbro and we'd quite like to see some of these toys too. We'd quite like the opportunity to buy the accessory sets, to get the vehicles at a fair price, to see the fanclub exclusives... yes, the fanclub is America only too. Hasbro UK are ****! As useful as a chocolate watch. Half the stuff coming into the UK isn't even shipped by hasbro themselves because Hasbro UK refuse to handle the toys. I've spoken to several independent retailers and they all import from America and the orient and cut out the Hasbro middle man completely. And that's because Hasbro couldn't organise a shipment on time if they had all the clocks in the world to run by and all the shipping staff in the world to do it. Hasbro are complete and utter bastards. They don't give a **** about anybody and think they can fob us off time and time again. The assume we'll all go nuts for a crap trinket like Jorg Sacul and forget about all the other wrongs they've done. Well I think hasbro can shove their Jorg Sacul and Toyfair vader where the sun don't shine and get up off their fat lazy arsesd and get with the frickin programme shipping the right figures and the right amount of figures to the stores that order them and on time. They can ship the toys to the whole damn world so where the frick are the exclusives this side of the frickin Atlantic? Where are the frickin fanclub exclusives this side of the frickin Atlantic? Hasbro you are so full of ****. You are so up your own arses you can't even see which way you're going. Well I'll tell you - you're headed down the rocky road to oblivion. You can't get anything right for getting things wrong. Fans and collectors are abandoning you in droves and there's no mystery why. Even the kids think your products stink. You insult them with crap like collection one saga figures. Kids do not want those gimmicks. those gimmick laden figures stay on the pegs everywhere I look.

In short, get the distribution sorted and the exclusives stopped. Ship the stuff globally. Stop with the **** case assortments and stop shortpacking figures. All figures should be solid cases only and stop withnthe dictating to retailers which cases they get. Allow retailers to choose the figures they know they can sell. The blackmail thing is wearing thin. Unless this and other problems are sorted out soon you're going to find you pay the ultimate price of financial crisis when your annual fiscal reports are up the swanny. But you know that anyway. You've already stuffed up once too often for most retailers. They're turning their backs on you right now as I type. clearing their stocks and not re-ordering. It's not because they don't want to sell but because you treat them like ****! You are a frickin joke Hasbro.

DarthBrandon
05-31-2002, 03:45 PM
Dryanta, I'm with you all the way, so lets get this petition out to Hasbro, George or whoever it may be that can solve this serious problem. I believe if Hasbro had a council of collectors that they would help out the exclusives situation along with the scalping issue, and most of all the quality of the toys. We need this to ensure that the bulk of the collectors do not give up, we also need this to make sure that shipments are evenly distributed WORLD WIDE. Tell us what needs to be done, ( ie. sign or what) and we are there for ya.

bandontherun
05-31-2002, 04:41 PM
You've got my signature. Usually exclusives are in hard-to-find stores, and they cost a lot extra because they aren't available anywhere else. But I'm glad that it usually is 12" ones that are exclusive.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Those letters are really good, but to show them we mean business we have to include as many names on those letter as possible.

:)

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 07:47 PM
First off Let me repeat,This was eternal Padawan's idea.I'm just the guy that volunteered to write the things.
Now my suggestion would be wait and see what E.P. thinks of what was written.If he want's them used then send them to every one you know who collects.Take them to the other sites.Print some off and have them with you when you go to the Toy aisle.Lets get these finalized and swamp Hasbro and Lucas with them.And I mean swamp.No mamby pamby few thousand.
Now I ask for a volunteer to get the info needed as to where to send them.And have that added to each petition.Enough words that are ignored here.Lets shut our mouthes and burn the same amount of energy passing these things around.
No more wasted time.We already missed Cel 2.enough is enough.Agreed?

DarthBrandon
05-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Agreed Dryanta, The address to Lucasfilm is:

Attention Geroge Lucas
Lucas Film Ltd.
PO Box 2009
San Rafael, CA 94912-2009

If this helps any, still looking for Hasbro.

Dryanta
05-31-2002, 08:12 PM
very much appreciated Brandon.I'll need to add that to the correct petition.
Now for a personal moment.Jargo,My friend,It is good to have YOU back.I was wondering if I'd ever be blessed with another rant.Chocolate watch!!LOL
Now back to the business at hand.I am going to add lnks to both petitions to my signature.If and when E.P. gives the OK.I have just Pmed him and I hope he'll be here soon.
I suggest we all do the same.Lets get the ball rolling with a full head of steam.Pm your buddy lists and others get them over here and have them read them.Lets set a fire under Hasbro,wherever they are to be found and make it known ignoring us is NO LONGER AN OPTION!!!

Eternal Padawan
06-01-2002, 09:50 AM
"I want that petition, Dryanta. Not excuses."

"Petition accepted, Captain Dryanta."

"The rant will be through in moments, you may start your petition."

"Hasbro. You will never find a more dangerous hive of scum and villainy. We must petition."

"Hurry back, the petition should be assembled by now."

You may launch, my friend. Actually I have been sending Hasbro nasty e-mails on roughly a weekly basis since this whole snafu started. They cleared up a lot of my misgivings at Celebration II when I chatted with them, but their reasoning behind exclusives wasn't a good enough one for me, from a consumer/collector standpoint. Star Wars is the only toybrand I can think of that has this "Exclusive" rigamarole. Nobody has Pokemon or Power Ranger exclusives. And those lines seem to take up alot more room on the retailers shelves (not counting the expansive AOTC Saga displays). So we need to let them know that even though they claim not to deal in the secondary market value of their product, placing an "exclusive" tag on such items and then limiting how many of that item is made, is doing exactly that.

Dryanta
06-01-2002, 05:25 PM
well you heard the man.Let's run with this thing.Keep this thread at the top and I'm going to add a link to both petitions to my signature.Lets move on this.Any more suggestions about how to proceed?New thread?

scruffziller
06-01-2002, 08:15 PM
I understand you frustration but this is done to help stimulate each stores' business by contributing equal opportunity. If all items were available at all stores, then a chain would hurt. It is the same as going to a grocery store and finding items moved around, it helps to give each company fair play in the market place, you may wine about it as a consumer, but just put yourself in those businesses' shoes. It affects us on all levels even the way yopu make money. The way the economy works is by interlinking parts wich ties in everybody and everyone has to do what works to put food on the table. Business people help me out with this one!!!! Stand up for you right!!!!!!!!!!

Dryanta
06-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Once upon a time I had my own business.
There are plenty of reasons this is done.I wouldn't ever dispute that.
But,When a business ticks off it's customers they have a problem.TRU,Walmart,Target,FAO who ever can be afforded this favor by Hasbro.But they are ultimately NOT Hasbro's real customers .We are.And How about our friends out side the U.S.?
There are definate reasons that Hasbro is under the impression this is a good idea.And there are definate reasons that alot of us do not.And the money comes from us.That is the real bottom line Hasbro has to come to grips with.
Retail exclusives,NO. shared exclusives with A revised Fan club,that is open to everyone every where for the same membership fees.
Hasbro could make more money and hire more people to handle the extra work load.
I for one,will continue to mave ahead with this petition.

DarkArtist
06-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Mailaways and convention exclusives ae fine as long as there are plenty to go around. With celebration II the merchandise was there but there was really no limit to how many you could buy. Sure the sign said limit two per visit but everyone is human. Slip a twenty and two per person becomes twenty.
While waiting in line for my two I saw at least two or three scalpers load up bags of the figures, one even gave the lady selling the figures $100. You can bet there was more than two figures in those bags.
As far as mailaways are concerned if the mailaway is awesome in details as well as having something that the fans then the exclusive will sell.
As far as store exclusives the only store that has made an attempt to aid fans and collector's in their search is Toy R Us.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I understand you frustration but this is done to help stimulate each stores' business by contributing equal opportunity. If all items were available at all stores, then a chain would hurt. It is the same as going to a grocery store and finding items moved around, it helps to give each company fair play in the market place, you may wine about it as a consumer, but just put yourself in those businesses' shoes. It affects us on all levels even the way yopu make money. The way the economy works is by interlinking parts wich ties in everybody and everyone has to do what works to put food on the table. Business people help me out with this one!!!! Stand up for you right!!!!!!!!!!

The key is good distribution. A thing Hasbro need to learn right now!

:rolleyes:

scruffziller
06-02-2002, 10:08 PM
The only flaw that I do see in what happens here is that the consumer does get hurt if the items are scalped, because then neither the business that sells them or the consumer benefits because the element that is trying to be utilized is stolen, the equal opprtunity for self in store advertisement. You go to Target to get an exclusive and happen to pick up extra things while you are there. BUt if a scalper buys them all up, then really that chain does not really get that benefit, because the consumer walks out mad and blames the chain and the only ones who make money are Hasbro and the scalpers who then auction them off on e-bay for ungodly prices. THis statement gives my last one balance. I think the problem is not store exclusives, but scalpers, so my petition is to boycott scalpers.

scruffziller
06-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Yes the money does come from us. But if Hasbro and other companies don't do what they need to do to help the chains which are their customers as well, then why should Hasbro continue to do what they do. Businesses are in business to make money, not to watch us enjoy their products. It is not a charity. I can guarantee that the loss that you see happening here is smaller than the cash flow that is coming in from this business practice. Their is always loss in business and all you can do is cut it, you can't eliminate it. This little petition that is going on would be nothing but a wood speck in Hasbro's eye, but if Hasbro did what we would want them to do here by cutting exclusives, would be a gigantic wood log in their skull, and I can guarantee they see that way before they would try it. The laying of people off from all their clients and themselves and lost money would be a greater cry than this petition. Who knows it could be you in that unemployment line if this petition would succeed. I don't about you but I would rather have a job so I could still buy SW stuff. Petitions for business changes don't work, only where the money flows is what talks. But what happens is that we don't have the guts to boycott, we will support their ways because we like those cool RARE figs and we eat them up like candy. Plus, part of the fun of collecting is the hunt and competiton with our collecting buddies, if we eleiminated exclusives, then that joy would be gone. If you had a favorite food and you had it every night you would not enjoy it anymore like you did. I have found out in my life that what I think I want is not what I think it is when I get it. It is the romanicization that we chase but it is nothing but a mirage. So really I say, you don't want Hasbro to do this.

Dryanta
06-03-2002, 12:41 PM
Morning All,
I have requested that El Chuxter proof read the petions and repost them in a new thread I will start later.
Thanks so much Brandon for the address.I think we will use the address on the figure card backs for Hasro.
Hasbro
Pawtucket,Rhode Island 02862.Any better idea would be welcomed.I hope to have the thread up by morning.Get on board and spread the word.We now have a poll started by Tycho to use to spread the word and another by Sithdroid(?) let's get this ball rolling.