PDA

View Full Version : New Figures CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:39 PM
New FIGURES pictured here

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:41 PM
#41 Padme Amidala-Coruscant Arrival
#42 Darth Maul-Sith Training
#43 Anakin Skywalker-Tatooine Attack
#44 Ki Adi Mundi-Jedi Master
#45 Ephant Mon-Fans' Choice #3
#46 Temmto Pagilles-Pod Racer

CrossWizard
04-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Very nice, where did you get that pic? the names are way to small but I could only make out Anakin Skywalker ______ attack, maybe Arena attack, or Tatooine attack? If it is the Arena version then why does it still have his blue lightsaber. I guess we will find out in the upcoming weeks or months.

Edit: Sorry Darth, didnt see your 2nd post. I guess its Tatooine.

AT-AT Man
04-21-2002, 12:47 PM
those are tight, can't wait for them to come out. gunna be the first to buy the Ki Adi Mundi, and the Anakin do you know if thats the soft goods anakin or is the soft goods Ani the delux.

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:48 PM
#36 Obi-Wan Kenobi-Jedi Master
#37 Han Solo-Endor Raid
#38 Chewbacca-Cloud City
#39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
#40 Djas Puhr-Bounty Hunter

CrossWizard
04-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Not sure, but I did notice the Tatooine Anakin looks to have articulated knees hopefully more collector inspired.

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:49 PM
#33 Endor Rebel Soldier
#34 Massif with Geonosian Handler
#35 Orn Fre Taa

Beast
04-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the info and the pics DarthChuckMc. That gives us the following list of 46 out of the 52 we are supposed to get this year. Posting it here, so you all can just cut and paste to your database programs. Hope that noone minds. Updaded the correct name of the Obi-Wan figure: Jedi Starfighter Pilot and Chewbacca. Thanks to Sir Steve for confirming that it's Cloud City Escape on the Chewie figure. :D

[01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
[02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
[03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
[04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
[05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
[06] Super Battle Droid
[07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
[08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child
[09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
[10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
[11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
[12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
[13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
[14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry
[15] Geonosian Warrior
[16] Dexter Jettster: Coruscant Informant
[17] Clone Trooper (Red)
[18] Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter
[19] Royal Guard: Coruscant Security
[20] Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master
[21] Nikto: Jedi Knight
[22] Anakin Skywalker: Hangar Duel
[23] Yoda: Jedi Master
[24] Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
[25] Taun We: Kamino Cloner
[26] Luminara Unduli: Jedi Master
[27] Count Dooku: Dark Lord
[28] Mace Windu: Geonosian Rescue
[29] Luke Skywalker: Bespin Duel
[30] Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
[31] Jango Fett: Final Battle
[32] Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master
[33] Endor Rebel Soldier
[34] Massif w/ Geonosian Handler
[35] Orn Fre Taa: Ryloth Senator
[36] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot
[37] Han Solo: Endor Raid
[38] Chewbacca: Cloud City Escape
[39] Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
[40] Djas Puhr: Alien Bounty Hunter
[41] Padmé Amidala: Coruscant Attack
[42] Darth Maul: Sith Training
[43] Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack
[44] Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master
[45] Ephant Mon: Fan's Choice Figure
[46] Teemto Pagalies: Pod Race

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
04-21-2002, 12:53 PM
#33 Endor Rebel Soldier

Correction

#33 Tom Green Safari Hunt :D

Lord Malakite
04-21-2002, 12:55 PM
It would be easier just to show the whole poster. Here's the entire picture of the Australian Toys R' Us 2002 Star Wars Saga poster that will be given away at Midnight Madness.

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks JJB..saved me some more typin'' :)

DarthChuckMc
04-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Yeah...I was gonna do that LM......but I figured I'd just show the figures and #s that most people hadn't seen yet.

Lord Tenebrous
04-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Padme (Pilot) looks cool, Darth Maul is a waste of plastic, Anakin might be a statue, but could have a decent face. Ki looks like the Ep1 version with an extra point of articulation, and Teemto looks to be a fairly good figure....

Buying potential (not including the very cool Ephant): 2.5/5

CrossWizard
04-21-2002, 01:05 PM
Look out for even more figures

Doesnt look like Hasbro will stop at the 52 figures, hopefully there will be more surprises and unannounced figures.

Lord Tenebrous
04-21-2002, 01:08 PM
The poster stops at 46, so there are some winter figures coming, like the Rebel Officer.

Beast
04-21-2002, 01:09 PM
Now, since the list is out of the way, I'll offer my opinions on the figures we haven't seen before. Just as most of us guessed, the further after the movie, the more standard and less action posed the figures become.

Padmé Amidala: Corsurant Arrival - Very very nice figure of her. Glad they didn't cheap the figure out by just reducing the size of the Typho body to save money. A much better Padmé then the Arena battle version. Two thumbs up. :D

Darth Maul: Sith Training - Ehh, kinda a ho hum EU figure, but alot better then the POTJ Sith Apprentice EU figure. I actually like the look of this one. I don't care much for his big flared out bottom cloak though.

Anakin: Tatooine Attack - An anakin for you guys that don't like the play features on the Hanger Duel version. He looks like a really nice sculpt. Looks like they gave him a nice ****ed off face sculpt as well. Now lets hope that rumor of a male tusken later this year comes true. Hopefully they will have removable features. :cool:

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master - The only E1 Jedi that was in an obvious action pose is corrected with this great E2 figure. He looks like a really sweet must have figure. Guess this one will go in E1 scenes, and the action posed E1 figure can go in the E2 scenes. :)

Teemto Pagalis: Pod Race - Wow, nice job all around on this one. To bad they didn't show the droid that he comes with, but he's still a great figure. Now how about a few more of the Pod Racers. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
04-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Epant mon..........?Teemto.........?where have you ben all my life.

also whats the deal with teemto,love this guy but he looks like he was hung and his eyes got gulged out.well 0ver all great pics.can't wait

sith_killer_99
04-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Is it just me or does the "Leather Clad Padme' " look a bit like some Dominatrix!?!?

Jedi_Rainman
04-21-2002, 01:29 PM
I just want all the figures. No matter who they are or what they look like. Either way, you have to buy them all to have the whole collection.

InsaneJediGirl
04-21-2002, 01:35 PM
I am so happy they came out with a non-gimmicks Anakin.Probably a statue..but at least it wont have a botton or play feature coming out of his back:D :happy:

Edit-Spelling

Beast
04-21-2002, 01:51 PM
List updated, the Obi-Wan is officially called: "Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot". Still having trouble making out the third word in the Chewbacca figure's name. But it is "Cloud City (something)". The something could be Escape. If anyone ends up figuring it out, please post and I will update the figure list again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
04-21-2002, 01:51 PM
If Anakin's labelled Tatooine attack you can bet your bottom dollar he'll have that lovely patented lightsaber slashing crap to co-incide with a Tusken raider. same with Ki-Adi. he has the same arm feature that mace Windu geonosian rescue has, hinged at the elbow, button in his back only this release has some kind of brown crap smeared all over him. Teemto better come with removable goggles or I'm gonna be ****ed off. They gave the POTJ Sebulba removable goggles so why can't Teemto have them? They look molded on and painted black to me. About as useful as the podracer pack-in Sebulba. I'm glad he's being released but I'm disappointed in the execution of his sculpt if the goggles are fixed. No point in goggles if he doesn't have a pod to race in. Maul is a waste of space and looks more like a clown than ever. Padme looks cool but why anyone would think they would scale down a male body to make a small body for a female is beyond me. seriosly crazy talk :crazed:.

Beast
04-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
It's Escape.
Thank's Sir Steve, updating the list now. You get another Klondike bar. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
04-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
List updated, the Obi-Wan is officially called: "Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot". Still having trouble making out the third word in the Chewbacca figure's name. But it is "Cloud City (something)". The something could be Escape. If anyone ends up figuring it out, please post and I will update the figure list again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It's Escape.

Beast
04-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Whoa, that's weird! Did the forums have a hiccup? My post in reply to your post Sir Steve got put up before yours did? :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Darth Maul - This figures sucks beyond compare. EU Maul was way better than this, even Tatooine Maul is more needed and better. Short lightsabers with too noticeable energy blasts, badly proportioned body and why did they go M.Monroe on his skirt?

Padme Pilot - Not too bad of a pose and seems to be pretty accurate, a snore kinda like Typho but still kinda good, just as long as it doesn't have a quick draw action.

Ephant Mon - Very awesome figure, I can't wait for this!

Teemto - While not a very interesting figure, it should be good when put with Mechanic Anakin and Sebulba. Hopefully it's droid is very good and accurate.

Chewie - Very nice figure, should definitely go well with Bespin Escape Leia and Han. I wonder if you'll be able to assemble 3PO? Hope they fix that swivel joint in the arm though, we can see clearly the peg and last I checked, Chewie didn't get his arm cut-off. :-D

Han - Well... much better than how it looks in the package but knowing it's got it's quick draw action is dissapointing. Needs to be a little more detailed though. Bespin Escape Han was a very great figure, this is more of a step-down from that.

Djas - Not a very bad figure, I hope this means they're making more background aliens, the blasters weren't needed but are very welcome, especially with the dual holsters. Too bad they couldn't of made Aurra Sing like this.

Ki-Adi - Anyone else find it weird that the E1 figure is more action posed...? Not a complaint though, I think I'll use this as E2 and E1 figures as long as it doesn't have cone-head bunt gimmick or saber slashing.

Anakin - Nicely done, hope it's got enough articulation to pose different than just that way.

Rebel Trooper - Well except for the likeness for Tom Green, it's a good figure, needs some more articulation though, but I'm glad it makes up for the POTF2 Endor Trooper not being able to hold it's rifle with both hands.

All in all... I can't wait for 2002 to pass. :D

derek
04-21-2002, 02:48 PM
if that new anakin represents his attack on the tusken camp, shouldn't he have his robe on?

The True Maul
04-21-2002, 02:51 PM
I think there all cool even Maul well I'm abig maul fan so....I have to get it.

SirSteve
04-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Whoa, that's weird! Did the forums have a hiccup? My post in reply to your post Sir Steve got put up before yours did? :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No, I deleted my original post because I wanted to quote yours because someone else replied before I did so when I did, you had already replied.

Beast
04-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
No, I deleted my original post because I wanted to quote yours because someone else replied before I did so when I did, you had already replied.
Oh gotcha. :) Thanks for the info anyways, ya still get the Klondike Bar :D. So, Sir Steve...what you think of the figure line this year, especially with the new pictures of figures due later this year. We never really have heard your take on these, so...care to share?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
04-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Well, here's my two cents=

Anakin- Whoo, no action feature... yet. I guarantee he'll have one before we get better pictures, but as of right now, I still have the image of an unspoiled Anakin figure in my head.

Ki Adi- Looking good. I was wondering when we'd see this guy.

Padme- Definately better than the Arena version, but I'm still hoping we'll see her in at least one of her many dresses, and an Arena resculpt.

Maul- God, did we really need this? It looks like the blades of his saber will be removable, and he looks MUCH better than the POTJ version, so who knows, I might pick him up.

Honestly, I could care less about Ephant Mon and Teemto. I'm just not into minor characters.

DeadEye
04-21-2002, 04:08 PM
For crying out loud let's see a Kamino Obi-Wan!!! :mad:

The Anakin looks okay, though. I think he takes his robe off when he arrives at the Lars house.

Beast
04-21-2002, 04:08 PM
According to my lists, Anakin's a Collection 2 figure, so you don't need to worry about action features. Unless at the very last minute he is switched into Collection 1. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-21-2002, 05:05 PM
well theres still no damn picture of Obi-Wan with out the soft goods! :mad: i hope the soft goodas are removeable so i can put the robe on my EPI obi-wan figure and my POTJ Obi with traing gear to my my own custome figure.

by the way its Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Plot) not Escape

starwars92590
04-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Finally another podracer! And its Pilot not plot

Beast
04-21-2002, 05:29 PM
It's escape in this case, we're talking about the Chewbacca, not the Obi-Wan Kenobi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 05:30 PM
Too bad the Pilot Battle Droid isn't on there. :(

I really hope Hasbro is making one, and it isn't an exclusive.

Beast
04-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Well, I am starting to wonder if we are gonna end up getting more then the original 52 figures this year. We are getting 27 on April 23rd, another 4 or more in May. With the current list, that leaves only 6 more figures that haven't been confirmed. I think we may windu up with a total of around 60 or even more. Not counting the exclusive 2-packs, deluxe, etc.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Does Padme (Pilot) have articulated knees, it looks like it?

187-Maul
04-21-2002, 06:23 PM
wow GREAT new figs coming out! since I'm a bug maul fan and want to have every single made of him I need that one, and he looks kinda cool too

plo koon 200
04-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Ephant Mon is the best of figs to be released later. However, I'm looking forward to Dexter the most and of course my 20 Jorg Sacul figure. I'm going to set up a huge war of Jar Jar's against Mr. Jorg. It'll be great.

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Also where's the 2nd Plo-Koon we've heard about?

Beast
04-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Also where's the 2nd Plo-Koon we've heard about?
You mean the 12" figure? That one is exclusive to the Fan Club with the 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi. As far as another 3 3/4" figure, I don't believe there is another one planned this year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-21-2002, 08:15 PM
any word on when Obi-Wan Pliot comes out ?

jedihunter25
04-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Cool, finally a new podracer figure(I was starting to think that Hasbro forgot about the podracers).And does anyone know if any of these Anakin figures comes with a removable forearm?

Lord Tenebrous
04-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Search the picture archives, jedihunter. You'll find the answers you need. :)

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 12:22 AM
Now that I see the soft goods Obi-Wan pilot, I won't waste my money on the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan.

Anakin Tatooine Attack looks great! I hope we get some more Tuskens soon.:evil:

Why doesn't Hasbro put these pictures on all the cardbacks? This way we could see everything coming out and it would solve the whole 'spoiler printed on the back of the card' problem.

I think Sassy Teen and Jar Jar are tied for stupidest pose ever!:D

Wolfwood319
04-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Although I like the concept of the Pilot Obi-Wan figure, I still don't like that cloth robe. I understand they needed cloth so the figure could fit in the ship, but it is too big and doesn't "flow" well. I hope we at least get a similar version of Obi-Wan in his cloak so I can have my Jango Fett/Kenobi fight scene.

Another Darth Maul? Although I must say, I'd be interested in seeing this figure close up, as they have yet to make a really cool looking Maul, IMO.

The Tatooine Anakin may be the Anakin to go with this year. Very much a better figure than its predecessors. I hope it fits in the speeder.:rolleyes:

Overall, I like 60% of the figures this year.

Jargo
04-22-2002, 04:42 AM
The tatooine Anakin has his tabard sculpted in a wind blown way so it would get in the way of fitting in the speeder properly. It blows around him like the desert duel Darth Mauls sleeves did.

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 08:51 AM
I was really starting to worry about how crappy the line as a whole was going to be. I'm glad to see there is yet another Anakin, but one "all-purpose" Anakin would have been nice.

The Obi-Wan we are waiting for looks to be a better sculpt inspite of the fact that he has moulded on headgear for the Starfighter. I'm sure we'll get a "wet look" Obi-Wan for the Kamino scene next year. I'd be very surprised if we didn't.

The new Padme is excellent. It's a drab outfit, but who cares... at least it's not as contrived as the "arena" one.

I like Chewie but the "lump of Threepio" is a little questionable. I can see why he is not a "put together" version as this would be like getting TWO figures in one package and wouldn't justify ever putting Threepio on a card alone again.

Han is... anyhow...

Ephant Mon is looking great. I can't wait for this nasty bugger to finally come out. Let's hear it for the obscure characters!!!

Darth Maul with pretty red trimmed training togs... oooh- lovely. I can live without this one. If it has a decent head... that may be all he's worth- a head swap with an EPISODE I Maul figure.
Overall... the last batch of figures looks to be MUCH better than the first ones. I'm glad that I didn't put too much stock in the ones that are coming out tomorrow. Bleeeeuuuurrrgggghhhh!

Beast
04-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Updated the list again, thanks to large scans posted by CrossWizard, I can now make out that it's actually Padmé Amidala: Coruscant Attack, and not Arrival as was first thought.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
04-22-2002, 04:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but that poster really reminds me of the OLD school cardbacks on the original Kenner Star Wars line! Ahh, the good old days...:happy: