PDA

View Full Version : Handmaidens anyone???

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 10:24 AM
Now that we have another fab Queen figure on the way... how about turning in a couple handmaiden figures for us!

I have the Starship... no handmaidens. I have the palace set up... no handmaidens... where are they????

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 12:12 PM
I definitely want to see a Padme' in orange handmaiden costume figure, the rest are identical to me anyway, so just put that one out and I'll buy 4.

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 01:26 PM
Handmaiden two pack I say! Handmaiden two pack!

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 04:27 PM
I don't see why they haven't made those orange handmaidens yet. I also don't see why they didn't at least release Shmi Skywalker in the episode 1 line.

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 05:10 PM
shmi is in the works as we have seen in the action figure section

count me in for some handmaidens but how about the red garbed ones on coruscant as well?

Jargo
08-16-2001, 06:19 PM
With all the criticism about the salt 'n' pepper shaker figures, Hasbro may have shied away from making the handmaidens as this is technically how they would have turned out due to the costumes they wore.

I'm all for the marroon cloaked handmaidens and the all orange robed ones but I hate the orange/yellow ones.

Give it time and we'll get one or two. Look how long it's taken for us to get any more ewoks or Hoth figures.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
08-16-2001, 06:34 PM
I posted this in the POTJ forum, too... I think a Queen Amidala Collection would be great, although it may be a little late now. It would be a collection of two-packs, each with a Queen and a handmaiden. The handmaidens could quite possibly all be the same figure, thus reducing the cost. But the Queen figures would have to be incredibly detailed, of course, to do the costumes justice. Perhaps this could be developed for Episode II or something.... I don't know how important the handmaidens will be in the next movie.

evenflow
08-16-2001, 07:37 PM
I am down for handmaidens. At least one. I would also like to see Amidala in whtie with the Globe of Peace. :D

stillakid
08-16-2001, 11:22 PM
Screw the toys. Send over some real handmaidens!

QLD
08-17-2001, 04:03 AM
A Deluxe Cinema Scene with Amidala and her handmaidens would be cool. It will never happen, but it would be cool.

Obi-Don
08-17-2001, 08:15 AM
Handmaidens,Yes Oh Yes need them for the starship.

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 05:12 PM
Handmaidens? tagwa! Ting cooing moulee-rah!!

Jek Porky 2001
08-17-2001, 05:54 PM
In stead of bringing out four handmaidens in one style bring out one in each different styles

TeeEye7
08-19-2001, 07:11 AM
QLD has a really cool idea! But then again, Cinema Scenes are my all-time favorite!

It's time for the orange/yellow gowned maidens. We also need the marooned-clad gals as his supreme emperor-ness jargo has proclaimed;)

darth chuck
08-20-2001, 10:26 PM
Yes to handmaidens (who had a lot more screen time than Gasgano, most of the Jedi council, the cantina aliens, Jabbas palace aliens, etc etc.)

And Yes to bringing back the cinema scenes. (I do miss those, so)

Jargo
03-06-2002, 02:40 PM
Hmm, looking at my episode one visual dictionary I decided that I like the look of the grey clad handmaidens from the victory parade scene. chuck in a parade gown Armadillo figure and there's a great 2-pack idea.

just found this thread as I was rooting around and thought I'd add a little more support :) i was also just looking at my Theed display and wishing that Armadillo had her handmaidens entourage as she rushes through the hangar to her ship..... :(

*sigh* maybe one day...............

187-Maul
03-06-2002, 03:15 PM
hey jargo who don't happen to have some pics of that diorama ?

Jargo
03-07-2002, 02:24 PM
Well unfortunately no. I just have the royal starship and a load of sad looking figures at the moment waiting for a bunch of handmaidens to show up. It's on the lowest shelf of my display unit and the dog keeps knocking armadillo over for some reason who then knocks into all the naboo guards an sio bibble and panaka. Finally like a domino effect the battle droids go down taking the jedi with them. last man standing is R2-R9 :D

no, if i had a digi camera I would take some piccies but I'd rather wait until I've done some backing scenery for the displays. Like my imperial docking bay diorama that has been waiting for walls for ages, and the Jabbas palace I have detailed plans for but not the time to make. I'm adding in some more shelving space this spring so I may get round to it so it looks cooler than just dumped where it falls. I should get the displays photographed though. God alone knows how long I spend positioning the figgies every time the dog knocks them over... :rolleyes: I should record how they look when positioned in a standing pose not horizontal and all in an orgy of messiness.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 03:09 PM
I started this thread oh, so long ago. I still can't believe there are no handmaidens in the works. It just seems so odd considering we will still be seeing even more decoys in the future. Oh, well. We push on...

mark2d2
03-07-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm always up for more female figures. And they would definitely lend a certain pagentry to our displays. The fact that they are always just standing around in EVERY Amildala moment gives those scenes a very interesting look.

Bring 'em on!

Do the hand maidens make any appearance in Episode II.

Jargo
03-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Maybe...... *he said in a non affirmative but non dimissive way because he was talking in a non spoiler section....* :D

Jedi Law Student
03-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Well unfortunately no. I just have the royal starship and a load of sad looking figures at the moment waiting for a bunch of handmaidens to show up.

You're right, a royal starship without handmaidens just isn't as much fun. :(

Rollo Tomassi
03-12-2002, 09:48 AM
I long for a Sophia Coppola figure!:D ;)

And you can never have too many Kiera Knightley figures! yum!:D

Jayspawn
03-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Handmaidens definatly need to be made. Hasbro should release all 6 at once together so we wouldn't have to hunt them down individually. They would be perfect for scene building too!

Bring it on Hasbro!