PDA

View Full Version : C-3PO Deluxe Revealed!!!

Beast
04-21-2002, 09:28 PM
This image was found at Rebelscum, it looks to be a early test shot of the upcoming Deluxe C-3PO and Battle Droid. Warning, this is one of the spoilers in the movie, do not look unless you want this part ruined. I think it looks great. Nice job to give us a good E2 C-3PO! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
04-21-2002, 09:30 PM
LOL!!!! That's cool!

Battle Droid
04-21-2002, 09:35 PM
WOAH! Thanks Jar Jar, now if we could just see the Dexluxe Destroyer Droid.

I love it, though will the BD remain Red?

I definately be buying a few of these to make a BD factory.

Beast
04-21-2002, 09:39 PM
A much better version of C-3PO then the Collection 1 basic figure. And look, for the first time he gets a hand that can actually hold something. Coolness. I like the fact that the Battle Droid will be one of the rust colored ones, especially if we never get that carded varient of the Collection 2 Battle Droid. This set should hopefully be out this summer with the Anakin vs Geonosian Warrior Deluxe 2-pack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

chewie
04-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Hmmm.... His head is being attached to a sand-covered battle droid body. Is it supposed to be sand or are they painted red in the movie? And anyway, if its sand, its odd that it would already be covered in it in a factory setting.

Beast
04-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by chewie
Hmmm.... His head is being attached to a sand-covered battle droid body. Is it supposed to be sand or are they painted red in the movie? And anyway, if its sand, its odd that it would already be covered in it in a factory setting.
The majority of the E2 Battle Droid figures are that sand color, I think it's just the color shifting from the picture making it look red. I think the Geonosians are producing them in that color, so that they blend in with the landscape on Geonosis. The Geonosians by nature blend can blend in with their hives. Since they patterened the Battle Droid's after themselves, they probably built them to match the planet as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
04-21-2002, 09:58 PM
I just thought it was a prototype.

jobi
04-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Does that happen in the movie?(the whole 3p0 head on a battle droid body thing.)

Lord Tenebrous
04-21-2002, 10:02 PM
It looks like the droid might still be unpainted, but I wouldn't mind the color. I could always repaint it if it bugs me. Here's an artist's rendition of the scene:

neimoidian85
04-21-2002, 10:06 PM
Yes it does happen in the movie. He actually uses his gun in the arena too. He is force pushed by Kit Fisto.

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 11:17 PM
OMFG FUNNY,was this a accident or purpose?

Jedi_Rainman
04-21-2002, 11:30 PM
lol...thats just messed up

bigbarada
04-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Threepio trips and falls into the droid making machine and that's when the switcharoo takes place. Hilarious if you ask me and I'm glad the droids are the focus of the comic relief again.:cool:

I just hope Yoda's fight scene isn't the unintentional comic relief.:(

Jedi_Rainman
04-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Hey JJB, remeber when EMPEROR JARGO said that picture I posted of that card wasn't real? Well, I wonder if he will think this is real? (No pun intended JJB)

neimoidian85
04-22-2002, 06:27 AM
It was an accident.

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 07:08 AM
Very sweet set! I just hope they change the color of the battle droid or at least fix the mold. 'Course I guess him having that mold does make sense considering the Battle Droid's would've used battle tactics programmed into them to know to go to their 2-hand rifle stance while 3PO most likely would not and would just stand there trying to figure out what to do while being probably scared also. I'm glad though we're gonna be getting a good E2 figure of 3PO that's accurately proportioned and has the ability to hold stuff, plus the crane is pretty cool too. I dub thee... BEST E2 DELUXE! :cool:

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 08:12 AM
I agree. The minute I saw this picture posted at Rebelscum I fell in love with it! This is an EXCELLENT Threepio. They have everything perfect on this scuplt. His face even seems to be the most accurate sculpt ever! I can't wait for this one to come out. Very nicely done!!

2-1B
04-22-2002, 12:44 PM
I can't believe that I'll be waiting for a deluxe figure instead of the basic figure. Wait, yes I can!

Hmmmm, I DID swear off ever buying another Battle Droid, looks like I'll have to make an exception. :D

Beast
04-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I can't believe that I'll be waiting for a deluxe figure instead of the basic figure. Wait, yes I can!

Hmmmm, I DID swear off ever buying another Battle Droid, looks like I'll have to make an exception. :D
Yeah, great looking figure. I may have to buy 2, 1 so I can keep the heads switched for arena dioramas. And a second to have a really good E2 C-3PO.

Hey Caeser, love the new signature "Deranged Fan", I should add that to mine as well. :D Why no avatar picture anymore, or is that Ricky M from Halloween dressed as the invisible man? ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
04-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I agree. The minute I saw this picture posted at Rebelscum I fell in love with it! This is an EXCELLENT Threepio. They have everything perfect on this scuplt. His face even seems to be the most accurate sculpt ever! I can't wait for this one to come out. Very nicely done!!

Definitely, I love this figure. I'm one of the few I think who is actually looking forward to the Basice Threepio figure, even though he isn't particularly accurate. But I really can't wait for this Deluxe!

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I'm not saying I'm NOT looking forward to the basic Threepio... that one will be fun to play with... but as far as accuracy goes... this one wins (metal) hands down!

Jargo
04-22-2002, 03:19 PM
I don't like the premise of why this set exists but I like the set based on this picture. he has a hand that can hold things his sculpt is fine he comes with a brown battle droid hopefully and the backdrop accessory looks fairly decent. However, this is surely just the prototype or hardcopy not the finished item. I'd need to see a finished item bought and opened and photographed from multiple angles before I say whether I actually like it or not. But so far I'd give it 7/10

evenflow
04-22-2002, 03:38 PM
That C-3PO is the wierdiest thing i have seen yet. I cannot picture that in the movie. It will be interesting.

RooJay
04-22-2002, 04:26 PM
REALLY cool! Looks like we'll be seeing 3PO have his head placed on a battle droid body during the movie! Very funny!:crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Does 3PO acually fight in the arena scene? Better yet, does he fight in the arena with a Battle Droid body? Haaha!

plo koon 200
04-22-2002, 05:51 PM
The fig is great and ye we see 3Po shoot his gun. This is the best E2 deluxe and is my second favorite right behind Bacta Luke.

wampa ems
04-22-2002, 07:57 PM
IMO this is the best deluxe set so far.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-22-2002, 08:04 PM
This is gonna be a part in the movie I'll be looking foward to!!!! :crazed:
I can't wait!!!!!! :D

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Just thought I'd bump this back up to the top,

Its such a cool figure!!!

Forhekset
04-26-2002, 04:10 PM
Hrm, how come so many people seem to dislike the basic 3PO? In pictures on the net and on the back of the cards, I thought that he looked way too bulky and weird with his armor attached, but once I actually bought and opened him I think he looks pretty darn good (especially with the armor on). Nice detailing and such and he doesn't look bulky at all really. This deluxe one does look very cool though, but I'd prefer the battle droid be painted something other than solid red...but it is a prototype after all.

mark2d2
04-26-2002, 08:12 PM
I agree, Forhelset. I really dig the much maligned basic ATOC Threepio fig. He's just so dang cool to play with. The Kids gotta just love this guy.

But this new Deluxe one sure looks nifty. (The figure at least.) I'm not at all sure what I think of this scene as a part of the movie though . . . But who cares? The sculpt of C3-PO is dead on. And with a open hand! Excellent.

Also, the conveyer belt accessory is pretty dang cool and can be used for many interesting setups. I may have to get a few of these and set up an Astro droid assembly line . . .

When is this guy supposed to hit the stores? I can't wait to have two groovy new Threepio figures instead of one. :D

Jargo
04-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I think the idea behind the red battle droids is that they're unfinished and brought off the production line early to take part in the fighting. Like the red is the paint undercoat ready for the top coat of cream. Call it the primer color or something. It's like getting a car that's not been painted and driving it round like that. It works but it looks daft. Same with the droids. They work but they're not finished. That's why there's both kinds. The cream ones are all painted up and spanky new while the red ones are hot off the welding line.

I want this red battle droid so much. Like the threepio too. hope to get a few of these sets. the accessory is interesting but not brilliant. It'll probably just go in the box under the bed along with all the other useless pack-ins. Anyone want a box full of blueelectroflashforcelightningummyplasticstuff? Got tons of the stuff littering my room now. And millions of bloody lightsabers. I'm sick of the things.

Anyways, This Threepio is okay but still looks chubby. :p

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Do you have any blast effects? I could use a bunch of those things?

Cool 3PO!!! I will definately get this one!

:D

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 12:14 PM
I think the crane in this set is actually what was originally believed to be part of the Deluxe Yoda set. It looks the same. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I think the image was misinterpreted and was actually the crane for the Deluxe See-Threepio set (as shown in the pictures posted to this thread).

pthfnder89
05-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I think the idea behind the red battle droids is that they're unfinished and brought off the production line early to take part in the fighting. Like the red is the paint undercoat ready for the top coat of cream. Call it the primer color or something. It's like getting a car that's not been painted and driving it round like that. It works but it looks daft. Same with the droids. They work but they're not finished. That's why there's both kinds. The cream ones are all painted up and spanky new while the red ones are hot off the welding line.

That's a good theory; I think you're probably right.

Personally I don't like the pics I've seen of the Red Battle Droids. They just look WAY more red than they appear in the movie. :(

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 02:16 PM
I agree, they look more like being light brown in the movie, i.e. sand coloured.

:)

Dryanta
05-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey Jedipartnr,
I looks the exact same to me too.So which does it go to?Or is it a common section between the two?
Sorry guys had to come back and add this.The pic Jrgo posted has stone at the base,where JJB's pic doesn't.Still look like it might be a common mold for this section.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 09:51 PM
weird... and redundant!

Jargo
05-22-2002, 04:19 AM
Nah, the two base pieces are different. The 3PO one is from the conveyor belt assembly line and the Yoda one has part of the hangar floor with that crazy geometric tiled look. The armature with 3PO is mechanical looking at the base like hydraulics and the Yoda one has a rock formation at the base. The 3PO one is black at the end of the arm with a sort of ribbed tube on it. The Yoda one is metallic bronze colored at the end of the arm. Definately different. But the 3PO one is more useful as mark pointed out, you can buy a few and get a production line of battle droids going and then just repaint the 3PO's any old color and use them elsewhere as senate interpreters or something. maybe get yourself a red R-3PO or make a blue one or something. I don't know, what do you do with a redundant 3PO? :)

Masterjedi73
05-22-2002, 07:54 AM
I thought that the figure looked a little too red, but after seeing the movie a second and third time, the battle droid is red....just not as red as the figure.

I'll be going to a digital screening soon....maybe that will be a little clearer and easier to see the color.

sunblind
05-22-2002, 07:55 AM
MAybe they'll make a delux r2 with a clone trooper.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 05:08 PM
It would be sweeeet to see a new R2-D2 with all his tools, retractable leg, access port, telescope etc.

:)