PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect to find from AOTC toys tomorrow?

Tycho
04-22-2002, 06:20 AM
It's time for MidNight Madness all over again!

We line up outside of participating Toys R Us stores tonight!!!

What do you expect to find?

Let's talk about your expectations, and then come back on Wednesday for a new follow-up poll to check up on how you did!

Good luck and happy hunting!

-Tycho

Tycho
04-22-2002, 06:27 AM
I myself am thinking that since I got a lot of the stuff already (due to early unauthorized releases, etc.) I'll go to MidNight Madness just to enjoy the show. But I'll buy what I can of the multiples / army builders that I need. Then I'll go to Wal*Mart to finish off my shopping list after I get some nap time in - which I'll so desperately need!

Sebulba524
04-22-2002, 07:09 AM
I don't think that there are that many collectors around where i live. Last time, I went....6pm, and the shelves were still full. I have Wal*Mart down the road from TRU, so i'll hit wal*mart and get any leftovers at TRU.

paingame
04-22-2002, 07:55 AM
I think I will be able to find everything I need (including multiples/army builders) at the Walmart I work at, if they put everything out that we have in stock. We have tons of wave 1-3 of both collections but they have not selected a place to display them yet, so I don't know the size of the display and how much it can hold.

Last MM, I had a list of figures coming out but wasn't financially prepared. This time I have a large sum of cash saved and a cleared credit card. Also the last Wal-Mart I went to had about 20 people there. The one I 'm going to had eight people at it last time, so I'm very optimistic.

Thunderstorm1
04-22-2002, 08:20 AM
Around here none of the stores are opening at midnight, which means I have to get up bright and early, but luckily I have a Friend who works for TRU

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 09:33 AM
It's going to be a fight here for those elusive TieBombers and Snowspeeders. Luckily I have a friend in a different city that doesn't have a big collecting base that is going to get one of each for me. I plan on getting to WM right after work today (approx 6:pm) and will stay in the toys dept. until midnight or they make me move. Unfortunately my WM is popular for collectors so I'll have to be there by then or "NO TIE/SS for me" (said like the soup nazi from Sienfeld). I'll be spending in the neiborhood of $450 tonight. If WM however acts like jerks about me being there, I do plan on putting a large amount of things in a cart, going up to the register and after they ring it all up, say "nevermind I don't want any of it". Yea, I know I may get banned from this Wal-Mart but they have been very uncooperative regarding the whole TIE/SS thing. Besides I buy nost of my toys from TRU. (Wish they would change there mind about the whole thing and open up tonight at midnight. They stand to lose millions to Wal*Mart) Someone at the top of TRU will probably lose their job once the figures come in.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I hope this doesn't happen and we call all just get what we want without any hassles.

Good lick to you all my fellow brothers and sisters in collecting and SW fandom and of COURSE,

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! tonight!

CaptainSolo1138
04-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Why does Midnite Madness have to fall on a Monday! I'll be standing in line at TRU freezing my butt off when I'd normally be sitting on the couch watching "RAW". Cruel fate, you mock me again! But I guess that's what the VCR is for. Although I already have most of the figures I want already, thanks to a careless local Kohl's, I'll still go for the experience. Maybe I'll get on the news again like I did for the last MM.

maul4ever
04-22-2002, 10:56 AM
i wasnt at the first midnight madness, but i dont think there is a huge fan base. i havent found anything yet. so i will need a shopping cart full.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 11:08 AM
I predict this MM will be a lot like "pot roast mark-down night" at the local supermarket except with guys instead of hausfraus; a bunch of shoving and maybe some hair pulling. :)

eliwankenobi
04-22-2002, 11:28 AM
I didn't go to the last MM, but still managed to get everything I wanted throughout the rest of the day - despite living in 'Scalper Central' California.
I won't be going this year either, as I don't have the patience to deal with people fighting and grabbing and hoarding everything they can.
I'll probably check a couple stores on my lunch hour for the few figures I want to start with. The big problem will be finding the TIE Bomber.

Darth Detori
04-22-2002, 11:59 AM
I went to the last midnight madness, and I gotta say that it was one of the most fun nights of my life (yeah, I'm a virgin).

I'm getting out of work an hour early, going in costume as Anakin (if my leather tabbards come today), and then my dad is showing up around 11:30 to man the cart.
my stratagy is to grab everything I can, and then sort through for extras. I've got a checklist, my costume just needs to be ironed and I'll be all set.

I expect to find everything I'm looking for. I already scored 14 of the basic figures thanks to stupid Ames (I love them though). I nearly wet my pants then. I can't wait, I really cant. If they're releasing all 32 figures, then that would out-do last midnight madness with 29 figures. I can't wait!!!!

Darth Detori
04-22-2002, 12:01 PM
oh, we're also expecting snow or rain, so I'm just going to go Obi-Wan Kamino style and use my cloak as a poncho. Go 100% wool!

Starfig873
04-22-2002, 12:11 PM
I should be able to find everything tonight(okay technically tomarrow) without much problem. But a heavy bunch of it is going in layaway. :)

Tonysmo
04-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Im not sure if I have the cash flow for this, but I will probably go, just to see what kinda stuff is being released, and if there is anything Sirsteve doesnt know about ( yeah right ) I need to save up the cash for the Celebration.. I may try to talk the wife into letting have one of the credit cards though ( so what if she wears the pants in the family, Im not ashamed..) Who knows, maybe Ill tak the checkbook and go nuts... regardless, It should be a hoot

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 12:23 PM
This stuff is going to be so plentiful, I dont think we are going to have to worry about not getting what we want. I really dont expect to see the high volumes of people at MM this time around simply because its the 2nd time around. In 99 it was alot crazier and the hype was so big because it was the first SW movie in like 16 years. However it will be a good experience I believe. I am going to love it no matter what!!

Jedibill
04-22-2002, 12:31 PM
I went to the last midnight madness and it was fun but i don't think anything was are will be hard too get after all some of those figures are still hanging at toysrus on discount.

CaptainSolo1138
04-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Like JangoFett96, I don't think MM02 will be as busy as MM99. That's good for two reasons:
* Only people who want the toys will be there. There won't be the Johnny-come-lately fanboys who are there cause they see t.v. cameras.
*Without the hype, maybe the scalpers will stay at home and count how many "Lord of the Rings" Strider figures they picked up on clearance at Target instead of buying every Jango Fett and Zam Wesell.

And if Mr. Lucas learned anything from TPM, the shelves won't be packed with junk emblazened with the SW logo. Does anyone else remember how disturbing it was to suck on Jar Jar's tongue?! I pray I don't see the words "Kit Fisto" and "food snack" on the same package tonite. ::shudders::

Vortex
04-22-2002, 01:18 PM
I'm passing on this years Midnight Madness for a couple of reasons.

1. For the Episode I Midnight Madness the local TRU was packed- it happens where there's only a small handful around the metro area. And TRU wasn't expecting that large of a volume of people. The manager and employees had to pull stuff from the back room.

2. By the time my section of the line got it the sight was just scarry. People were throwing boxes around to others, just grabbing what they could and then dashing off to some corner like a roach fleeing from the light to sort. The dark side of human nature came out that night. Plus I only managed to grab 10 figures or so. The shelves and pegs were picked clean by the time the end of the line came pushing in.

Sure it is 1st come 1st serve, but I've only seen lines and mass chaos like that on TV during the Russian movement to captiolism.

I have a comic book shop, and toy dealer that saves the stuff for me so I'm not to worried. I do plan on hunting tomorrow during the morning to see what I can pick up, and see if I can get all of it. I did take the day off, but it just happened that my dog has its regular yearly appt with the vet tomorrow. Fate?

I will be interested in seeing if Hasbro and TRU make the same mistake of oversaturation like they did with Episode I figures. The pegs were so full of old stuff that they never put the new figs out. Even a few months ago or a half a year ago, they never bothered to put any of the new stuff out. Most of it went out the back door. But I can only hope that there enough stuff for the collectors and kids out there.

But happy hunting to you brave souls who are going out tonight. Remember to leave some stuff for the kids. If you don't, they may not buy those mint collections from you years from now.

Rodian Sniper
04-22-2002, 01:43 PM
I would sell my kidney to go to the midnight maddness. I went last year and got almost the entire first 3 waves. This year they released way too many figures at once! I already got 2 tho! So ha ha. You have to get the nre R2...he has lights and sounds! Although I had to pay $7.99 for each figure!

2-1B
04-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Tycho, I voted for "some chasing" being possible. I'd like to buy Dooku tonight, but my store may not have him. And they will probably only have a few 12" figs, hopefully I won't be out of luck there. Hopefully I can report back that I was mistaken in my vote! :D

NiktosRule
04-22-2002, 02:20 PM
I won't be going to MM but my dad will stop by Walmart on his way to work on Tuesday and he will get all the toys that I want. He did it with the TPM toys and got them all.

Tonysmo
04-22-2002, 02:50 PM
NiktosRule...
Your Dad ROCKS!

I would think if my son has his way, half of what I get will be opened... Thats what happened after Episode I..
depends on how much I can get away with spending...

Rodian Sniper
04-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Dude...my dad wishes he could throw all my figures away! I said...over my dead body!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 03:24 PM
In the two TRU's within a hour of my house, neither of them are doing a Midnight Madness.:mad: So that means that the 24-hour Wal-Marts will be packed. I just hope the Wal-Mart manager for this town recognizes the demand and actually puts the figures out around midnight tonight.

I think the hype will be much smaller this time around, though, many people don't even know that there IS a new SW movie coming out. One Wal-Mart toy section manager told me, when I asked about new figures last month, "Oh, since the last movie was such a flop, they discontinued making SW figures two years ago." Way to know your job, guy!

plo kloon
04-22-2002, 03:31 PM
I think I'll have a pretty good chance of getting most of the stuff I need.The toysrus where I live say that they have about 6 pallets full of the new star wars merchandise!( They open at 6:00am tommorrow)The wal mart say they have around 8-9 pallets! Plus I've been getting alot off of ebay also.
Plo Kloon

2-1B
04-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Wow B, that is pretty ignorant! :crazed:

jedihunter25
04-22-2002, 03:49 PM
All three TRU are not doing the midnight madness, but there is a Walmart on almost every coner in this town. I will be at one while my cool star wars mom will be at another and we will be using our cell phones to communicate.

DarkArtist
04-22-2002, 04:19 PM
I concentrating just on the figures and getting at least one of each, hoping that most stores will have ordered alot and have extra cases for the next few days and into the weekend. I would like to get at least two of some of the main characters like Padme and Anakin as well as Obi Wan And Count Dooku. I amy also pick up Anakin's Speeder. Here's hoping all goes well tonight.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH EVERYONE TONIGHT !!!!!

Rodian Sniper
04-22-2002, 04:23 PM
Okay...I bought the female Tucken Raider and the R2-D2...

The female Tusken Raider's arms don't really move. The gafftti stick is kinda soft. The lil Tusken Raider kid's legs can't move, but arms can. Other then that...not a bad figure.

The R2 is electronic to my surprise...the eye lights up and it makes noises. The middle leg can not retract! Altho the ankles can move! The 2 lil centipede things are soft.

cujo fett
04-22-2002, 06:47 PM
the tru and walmarts have already put out there stuff in ontario
to say the least, it was disappointing
only 14 different basic figures, no deluxe, no 12"
hopefully more is coming...

2-1B
04-23-2002, 04:49 AM
Tycho, not one chase to report. Plenty to go around, the 2 short areas were the 12" (only 2 of each) but I don't think there's a big market here for them anyway, plus there were only 2 ObiSabers to be seen. But I didn't buy a saber anyway, so :p. I might buy Dooku's eventually.

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 08:17 PM
My vote of "most of what you're looking for with some pieces left to chase" was fairly accurate, though TRU didn't really come close to "most" of what I was looking for, but just slightly more than half.