PDA

View Full Version : Ep II Movie Line Etiquette

DarthSeattle
04-22-2002, 09:43 AM
I want to know what is proper etiquette for lining up for Episode II. As much as I'd love to camp out overnight, I have a family and job. I'll try to go as early as possible the day of opening day.

Here's my question: I plan on going with a group of people. They, too, work and have families. But some don't (or have the day off, etc.) How do you folks feel about people holding spaces for their friends who are working? Let's say two people are holding down the fort at 8:00 the morning of opening day; at 3:00pm some of the working friends get off work early to join them. Is this fair? How many spots can be held if it is "fair"?

There are any number of scenarios, please share your thoughts!! Thanks!

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 09:58 AM
I dont mind about that, as long as they get there when the tickets are bought, what I do despise is people who save seats inside the theater for other people, 1 extra seat, no problem, maybe even 2, but when someone holds up 5-6 empty seats for friends that havent even bought the ticket and will be arriving soon, now there I have a problem.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 10:21 AM
What you do is if someone gets in front of you or tries to hold a spot, you beat the $%@!! out of them and take their money so you can get a few extra tickets.
Just kidding, if they are sincere about it and are just holding the line for a few friends, thats cool. If it is like 10 or 12 people though, thats where we have a problem. But for a few folks, its ok.

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 11:39 AM
How about trying fandango.com ??? You can order your tickets in advance there... usually. Fandango pulls the tickets from the theatre's allottment and they are at the box office waiting for you.

Bothan187
04-22-2002, 03:02 PM
I would be very careful with that DarthSeattle, and I only say that because it brings back memories of my own experience with E1. There was 2 people a head of me in line when I layed down my sleeping bag on the pavement...and I was fine with that. They told me that a few of their friends also were coming and they were holding a spot for them...24 hours later...the front of the line has grown to be some 40 people. Now, that is what can happen. You know 8 people...but then if each one says.."oh, i can save a spot for my other friend"...then boom...16 people. All I'm saying is be careful. Other people will be waiting and may even be skipping school or called in to work. So.. I'd try and have as many of your orginal 8 there...but, play it by ear. Just given you some info from my past experience. Excuss me, I must run to wal-mart and max my credit card.

Wolfwood319
04-22-2002, 03:05 PM
JEDIpartnr was right on the money, kids. Its called Fandango, or moviephone.com, or any other online ticket purchasing site. If you're worried about tickets, get them online. There's no reason to wait in line anymore, this is the 21st Century, Baby!

Jedi Clint
04-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Don't you still have to wait in line to get into the theater and select your seat before show time?

DarthSeattle
04-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Thank you all for the great advice so far. I hope to hear many more opinions prior to opening day. So, let's hear from you.

CooLJoE
04-24-2002, 04:14 AM
Well, if they do the 1-week ahead of time thing like EP1, those ticket .com sites will be worthless as they only sell tickets for movies coming out that day (or already out).

JEDIpartner
04-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Actually... Fandango was prepping itself to accomodate EPISODE II pre-sells back in January. They wanted to see if their servers would be able to handle the high number of hits to their site. Sounds like they are looking to move on this.

CrossWizard
04-24-2002, 08:52 AM
I consider myself lucky, since all of my local movie theathers are inside a mall complex and the whole camping out, or waiting in line for months cannot be done, so Ill do just what I did for Episode 1, got to the mall at 10:00am, bought and ticket for the first showing and sit back, relaxed to watch the movie.

Taichi
04-25-2002, 06:13 PM
The day before Episode 1 (The midnight showing) premiered, I went in at 8:00, and there were still tix.....so there's really no need to worry.......

but, if you live in a big town, it'd be a good idea to get 'em early.....