PDA

View Full Version : How much do you plan on spending tonight/tomorrow?

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm curious to see how much everyone is planning on spending and please eleborate as to which stores you will purchase from and why. (think of this as a little study on supply and demand and sending a message to those stores affected by Mid/Mad.

as for me I plan on sepnding about $450.

I will buy from Wal*Mart (unless the tick me off and I can't get a tie bomber/ snowspeeder there) then TRU will get my business. If Wm didn't have the exclusive and TRU wass open at midnoght I would've gone there (even though I know they are a little more expensive they have always been helpful to me or at least not rude as WM employees and MGRs have been).

BTW this is not limited to figures, you may include the soundtrack, books, food and any other promotional items not as yet mentioned. (Please keep this to what you will be spending tonight or tomorrow).

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Its going to be in the $400-$500 range. I mean I am thinking the basic figures, 12 inchers, the Slave I, the deluxe figures, lightsabers, soundtrack, novel, etc. its going to add up fast.
But its all worth it, having the day off to hunt toys and take it all in. Its a great experience.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 10:28 AM
I am only getting some of the basic figures and not the deluxe ones (already have them; BTW, WM only charged by $5.88). I don't think I'll be getting any duplicates either except for maybe 2 Dookus and 2-3 Red Ctroopers.

If there are any TIE Bombers, I'll get one.

If there are any figures from the Zutton or Teebo waves I'll get probably two of each.

I'm not getting any ships just yet. I'm hoping they'll go on clearance by autumn.

So I guess my total will be about 25 figures (25 * 5.88 = $147) and one TIE/B ($30) for a grand total of around $188, which includes tax.

I hope my wife will be in a good mood when I get home. :)

kwyjibo111
04-22-2002, 10:29 AM
I just got back from my local wal-mart and they had the snow speeders and tie-bombers out.

DeathStarPlans
04-22-2002, 10:55 AM
Ill be heading to TRU. I am after only one of each for my loose collection. Might get 2 though of the red trooper. Anyone here from So Cal?

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Unfortunetly I only have $215 so I'll be getting around 35 figures and Return of the Joker: Un-Cut DVD. The rest of the stuff will be put in a nice big lay-away. :cool:

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 11:17 AM
About 10 basic figures, 1 Deluxe, the Slave 1, the soundtrack, the graphic novel/comic, that should be around $130-$140.

JesusFreak
04-22-2002, 11:52 AM
About $50

5 Basic Figures and the Soundtrack

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 12:00 PM
I figure I'll spend about $200.00 or $225.00 on the figures, beasts, and speeders (if they have everything). I still may wait to get the soundtrack. Good Hunting..watch out for the SCALPERS and RUN OVER THE HOT WHEELS DUDES-I WILL!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Like I mentioned at the begining of this post, I'd like to know where you'll be getting your stuff from. (not city and state or country) just store names.

I want this to be an unscientific study. (in hopse that WM and TRU will learn from both of their mistakes) ie TRU losing money by not openeing up at Midnight and Wal*Mart for losing customers to TRU because of their no stocking policy. Also if you plan to by the soundtrack or book where and why there? Thanks again.

I plan on buying the soundtrack from Best BUY and the books from Borders, just not right away. I'll have to wait for my next paycheck for those and any other things I may have missed out on during the FEEDING FRENZY.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Well i am going to Wal Mart, because TRU is refusing to open any of its stores in NC.

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 12:29 PM
I'll goto Wal-Mart then Super-K tonight. If I don't find everything that want then I'll head over to TRU in the "Early Morning". And spend more money....more money...Good Luck Guys and Girls.:) :)

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 12:44 PM
I'll be going to Wal-Mart for my main purchases but will try to swing by TRU just for a certificate thing if they have'em like they did last midnight madness. Main reason why I choose Wal-Mart is cause it's got cheaper prices plus I can use my aunt's 10% discount. :cool:

2-1B
04-22-2002, 12:48 PM
100 on the low end, 150 on the high end. I'm being fairly selective, and I pretty much know what I'm buying. It will probably settle in around $125.

Sal, I am buying from a 24 hour Wal-Mart tonight. For me they have the advantage of better prices and close proximity to my residence. And they are putting the toys out for midnight sales. But if my TRU was opening at midnight instead of WM, I would go to TRU and pay a bit more just for the midnight experience.

:)

Darth Detori
04-22-2002, 01:31 PM
I'll be spending just a little over $200.
I already picked up 14 of the basics, so I'm going to be getting the rest, the deluxes, Anakin's and Dooku's sabers. Maybe Jango's blasters too.
I'm going back in for a third run on the 2nd, when I get paid.
I WAS going to go in full costume, but since my leather tabbards for my anakin costume didn't arrive today, I'm going in cloak and saber (it's supposed to rain anyway).

Toys R' Us for me, bay-bee! hopefully some of the episode I line-wait crew will be there