PDA

View Full Version : Large scans from UK Poster

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Links removed since no longer valid.

Thanks to Spidey and his website for the scans.

Both Maul and Ki Adi look like garbage, but the Anakin and Padme are decent sculpts and decently articulated.

Beast
04-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the links CrossWizard. I was able to finally confirm it's Padmé Amidala: Coruscant Attack, not Arrival like originally suspected. You get a Klondike Bar. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-22-2002, 01:21 PM
That Maul very closely resembles the version of Maul from the Anime/Manga. Its pretty decent, IMO. I'll have to see it up close though before I decide to buy it.

Lord Tenebrous
04-22-2002, 02:23 PM
I really like the new Padme. The rest can sit, even Teemto (solid eyepieces are so Episode 1)

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 02:48 PM
The new Anakin looks awesome! I'll get him and the Pilot Padme figure. The others I will have to see before buying.

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 02:56 PM
The Anakin's not bad, although I did initially snicker as he looks a little like Justin ThimbleF--k from *N Sync. :D

The Padme's great!!! I just wish the costume was a little more interesting.
Ki-Adi Mundi isn't bad...

Teemto is a little disappointing...

Maul... erhm... what's up with the little boy face he's got? C-R-U-M-M-Y. No more Mauls for 3 years... got it???

Beast
04-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Maul's red piping and the way his collar is, makes me want to nickname him "Darth Maul: Sith Priest". Have to put him in a diorama baptizing lil Ani. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Maul... erhm... what's up with the little boy face he's got? C-R-U-M-M-Y. No more Mauls for 3 years... got it???

Agreed. So technically another EU Maul, WHY? That's 3 after the "NO more EU!" statement. :rolleyes:

This is weird. The E1 Ki-Adi's pose seems more Episode 2 like while the E2 Ki-Adi is more Episode 1! I think I'll be switching some lightsabers around. :D

Padme is much better than I thought it would be, now we only need some good vehicles with chairs that aren't on the floor and some more figures with articulated knees. :cool:

corporal AMF
04-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Good ones....they are getting close to POTJ line, i see this:
Release date further from the movie :
Better figures

Darth Ovori
04-22-2002, 03:47 PM
FOr the first time this year, it's gonna be a positive post from me about Hasbro...

GREAT JOB!!!

I love that Maul... and Anakin rules there... Why did'nt they do this for the entire E2 line... ???
These I will buy!!!

I just hope theres no stupid hidden gimmics...:confused:

RooJay
04-22-2002, 04:11 PM
AWW YEAH! Another EU Maul! Plus, he's also based on another of the unused production designs for Ep. 1 (in case no one else noticed)! Anakin looks awesome; really cool, basic looking version of the character (hopefully he won't have a huge wheel on his back too!). Good to see I'll finally get my Teemto figure!:D Did anyone else notice that Ki-Adi Mundi is EXACTLY the same as the Ep. 1 version with goofy elbow articulation added? Of course, I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about more articulation, but I think this is what they should've given us the first time out. We should've been getting something better this time! I'm gonna need to build an addition to my house for all this cool stuff that's coming out this year!:crazed:

icatch9
04-22-2002, 04:31 PM
These look like they will have a lot more "play value". Very cool. Does anyone else think these new scans kind of look like baseball cards? Theres an idea Hasbro is missing out on. Baseball cards of all thier 400 + figures. I buy packs to get the set or just the set. Sounds good to me.

187-Maul
04-22-2002, 06:31 PM
those new figs rock!!!
especially Anakin, that'll be the first Ani I'll buy

RooJay
04-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
These look like they will have a lot more "play value". Very cool. Does anyone else think these new scans kind of look like baseball cards? Theres an idea Hasbro is missing out on. Baseball cards of all thier 400 + figures. I buy packs to get the set or just the set. Sounds good to me.

WOW! Cool idea! Now that'd make a great pack-in!

Geonosian
04-22-2002, 09:21 PM
DAMM I want that Anakin!

Beast
04-22-2002, 09:36 PM
A company did collector cards like that of Beanie Babies, that showed all the beanies from the beginning with insert cards that had the rare variations and such on them. On the back was like a detailed bio of when they were released, and what their hang tags said. I agree, somthing like that for the Star Wars line would be cool. We could even use the cards as a checklist of what we have. Someone needs to present this idea to Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
04-23-2002, 11:52 AM
I am tired of Darth Mauls. I am also not big on the Ki-Adi-Mundi. The Padme, Anakin, and Temto are looking pretty good.

Sauron
04-24-2002, 12:57 AM
they are scans from the Australian poster not the UK.

timtheall
04-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Now this is what we need. Not the Kidstuff of EI.
Hardcore Star Wars!
Please fix this.

SirSteve
04-24-2002, 01:45 AM
I apologize for the links that were there. They did indeed point to new Star Wars toys but were changed. I removed the links. You can see the toy pictures in our Picture Archive.