PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen this many people surfing the forums before.

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 12:45 PM
I wonder if this is a record? Especially for this forum. Whoo-hoo this is exciting and fun. 3 HOURS til I'm out of work and on my way to Wally-World. Adventure heh, excitment heh, a jedi craves not these things..... but I do. (saying like a big ol' texan cowboy) YAAAAAHOOOOO!
If SW was a drug I would be considered an overdose victim right now.

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Its madness, thats what it is. BTW Kmart decided to say to hell with the 23rd and put up their stock today, I saw everything up to the Saesee and Jar Jar Wave, Deluxe figs, the Reek, lightsabers(both elect and basic) and The Slave 1. Too bad no Dooku, Anakin or Yoda, and the $7.99 price turned me off.

2-1B
04-22-2002, 12:51 PM
Sal, I noticed that the most recent record was on March 10th, I assume due to the Clone War trailer. With the toy release tonight and the movie release in a few weeks, I expect that record to grow. :)

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Everyone (including myself) want to get the "POOP SCOOP" on what's going on all over the place. Let The Hunt Begin in 10 Hrs....:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Just think of all the other fan sites that are going just as nuts as we are right now. it's almost as if you can sense something like some kind of force pulling us together. OMG i didn't even mean it like that and yet it still came out sounding like a SW quote. Am I too engrained into this? All I can say is that I feel like we are all part of one huge community of friends. This is awesome and just feeling the comaraderie between you folks is one of the highlights of my day today. I hope each one of you gets what you want. Try not to be greedy and if a kid need something you have and it's a multiple in your possesion, give it to them. Their eyes will light up because of your compassion and you will have helped to cement a newer generation of fans.

Good luck again.....

MTFBWY!!!!! Always!

Beast
04-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's a great feeling JM Sal, isn't it. Sadly none of my stores are having midnite madness, and we don't have any 24 hour wal-marts or K-marts here, so I will be here on the forums all night to read about your finds. Hopefully you guys all get what you want, and hopefully tommorow when I do get out to the stores I can find myself a Dooku, as well as the Ani: HD wave.

But I don't have to go without a Star Wars fix today, my 10 figures I ordered early finally arrived. Very cool figures. Dexter Jettster is a massive well done figure. And I love the Jar Jar figure, regardless of the pre-posing. Infact I like them all, great bunch of figures. Can't wait to get more tommorow. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Sal, you are a wonderful human being. Just reading these posts here makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. There is magic in the air today, my friend, and this is truly a great time to be a SW fan. I love this site, and I love everyone on here as my friend. I also hope everyone finds what they want tonight and tomorrow. Lets all go out and have fun, we deserve it!!
May the Force be With You!!

pthfnder89
04-22-2002, 01:29 PM
I will definitely be out tonight getting my Nikto! :) Seriously though, I'm not buying all of the figs, but I'm going to be looking all over the place until I find Hangar Duel Anakin and Dooku. I NEED to have those tonight, no matter what. I'm kind of waivering on Yoda. I already have all the past ones but the idea of having a Yoda WITH a lightsaber is just too cool! :D Anyway, I need to have him around to throw down with Dookus after Hangar Duel Anakin gets smacked ;)

I can't WAIT for tonight!@

Beast
04-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I will definitely be out tonight getting my Nikto! :) Seriously though, I'm not buying all of the figs, but I'm going to be looking all over the place until I find Hangar Duel Anakin and Dooku. I NEED to have those tonight, no matter what. I'm kind of waivering on Yoda. I already have all the past ones but the idea of having a Yoda WITH a lightsaber is just too cool! :D Anyway, I need to have him around to throw down with Dookus after Hangar Duel Anakin gets smacked ;) I can't WAIT for tonight!@
You're gonna love the Nikto Jedi pthfnder89, I just popped him off the card a few hours ago and he is a great jedi figure. Yes the saber does come out of his hands, for those of you who were asking a while ago. Even better for you customizers, the head is sepratly molded from the cloak, so with a few head swaps you can add somemore Jedi's to your Arena diorama, or a brown Nikto to your Jabba's palace. Plus the hands are articulated at the wrists, so you can change them easily also. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Sal, you are a wonderful human being. Just reading these posts here makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. There is magic in the air today, my friend, and this is truly a great time to be a SW fan. I love this site, and I love everyone on here as my friend. I also hope everyone finds what they want tonight and tomorrow. Lets all go out and have fun, we deserve it!!
May the Force be With You!!

Thanks for the compliment! I actually started to cry a little (I had to straighten up though since I am still at work and the people here just wouldn't understand).

This will be a day long remembered. I has seen the end of waiting for the toys. Soon, it will see the end of the wait for the MOVIE.

Yee Haw! Yahoo! Zippety do da day. And all of the rest of that kind of stuff. I feel absolutely GREAT!

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 01:58 PM
great day no doubt about it.Thanks sal for starting this thread.And control yourself would you please:D

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Dont cry Sal!! I dont want anyone to look at you and wonder whats wrong!! But I want everyone on here to know I appreciate you all and you are like family to me!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 02:26 PM
I'm going to check back in a few hours after Sal gets booted out of WM to see how happy he is then. :)

InsaneJediGirl
04-22-2002, 02:32 PM
LOL...Thats bad if you get booted out of WM.

I'm excited too..still undecided on whether I am going to midnight madness or not.:D I think I'm more exicited about reading the spoilers off the cards them I am about the figures,although,I cant pass up Luminara or Dooku DL.Happy Hunting everyone:happy: :greedy:

BTW,JF96,Nice Avatar

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm sure many of you are feeling the same way as I am right now. I have to laugh when other try to make fun of my love for SW. They simply don't get it, but here we all do and that's something to feel good about. I'm glad there are others out there like me.

My initial BUZZ is starting to wear off because I'm thinking about the potential problem with WM employees giving me a hard time for hanging out so long in their store.

Anyway, I really want to thank you all for being members here and for those of you just browsing, think about becoming a member of what I consider the best SW fan site ever. Sir Steve is great for getting the newest news and pics of toys and there are great thread posters here to. (I won't name anyone so as to not leave any out or offend someone by not putting thier name here).

Enjoy the excitement that is SW. Have fun and be good today kids. (And get a good nights sleep after all of this) some of you have to go to work tomorrow)me included.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 02:35 PM
I wish I could be there when you go to WM, Sal. It sounds like you are going to be there a while. Good luck to you buddy. Hope you have a great experience!! Hey, only another hour 20 min and I am off work until Wed...WHO HOOOO!!

hairless chewie
04-22-2002, 02:38 PM
these are high times we're living bros!

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm going to bring along SW trivial pursuit and if allow have a game with others right there in the store, if they let us stay there. If not there is a McDonald's in the store and I'll do it there. That's what I did for EPI so i'd like to continue the tradition. What do you all plan on doing while waiting for those TOYS? Also what times do you plan on showing up at whatever store you're going to buy from?

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 03:12 PM
This is a great time to be a Star Wars fan! Even though I only have enough money for a couple of figures, I can't wait to go to Wal-Mart tonight. Counting the hours.....

STAR WARS IS BACK!!!!!:D:D:D

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:14 PM
I will skip the last hour of RAW and head out probably around 11.
Once I get there I will get a buggy and park my geeky self right in front of the toy aisle or wherever they are putting the toys. Once we have the green light, I am off to the races!!
Then tomorrow morning I am making my A.M. rounds to see what the other stores have, like TRU and Target.
But I imagine I will just pop in the EP1 soundtrack and listen to it all the way to Wal Mart tonight.

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 03:29 PM
will skip the last hour of RAW and head out probably around 11.

Blasphemy!!! :eek: how dare you imply such a thing, especially on the night Hollywood Hogan comes back to RAW as the new Undisputed champ!! :happy:

Awww crap, to hell with it, I guess old man Hogan can wait but old man Dooku can certainly not, especially since he will be such a hot and seeked figure. :D

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Man, I was just getting over the fact that Hogan won last night!!
I am a huge HHH fan, and what happened last night SUCKED!!
Star Wars will pull me through.

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 03:40 PM
posted by JangoFett96: Just reading these posts here makes me feel all warm and tingly inside

I'm feeling something warm as well... I think I peed myself in all the excitement!

Anyhow... best of luck to all of you Midnight Riders... I'll be heading in first thing in the a.m. for a couple figures. I'll be out to Borders after work tomorrow to get some books and the CD.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:44 PM
You might want to clean that up, JEDIpartnr.....
I wish you luck tomorrow buddy. I will let you know what I find.
My co-workers have asked me to bring in my receipts on Wednesday so they can see how much money I shelled out. I think theyre taking bets to see how high it gets!!

NesteaFett
04-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Just think it's funny to look up at the "Who's Online" thingy and there's the most that I've seen since I been here. We're all down to the nitty gritty here. Fire the guns so we can be first to break the tape and take the gold. Ok, once again good luck! I'm going to pop in Return of the Jedi, since I already watched the other three. Time passes so slowly now.