PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Content

Amanamanman
09-04-2001, 07:14 PM
I heard from a few sites that the EW Vader wave and the TIE Interceptor have been found in Canada. I don't have them yet but from the looks of it, it won't be long till I do.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2001, 07:48 PM
Question: I Just Found the Topps SW:Evolution trading cards, and on the back of the pack, to enter a drawing it says

Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Have any of you Canadians actually done one of these "mathematical skill-testing questions?" What is one like? Is it hard? Why is it even required? Just a curious American...

Talrum
09-10-2001, 06:38 PM
I picked up a Tie Interceptor at TRU in Calgary, last Friday, it was he last one and was going for $39.99. The packaging was US not our normal trilingual edition. I haven't seen much since, although TRU at market mall has quite a few of the Kewtol wave. Unfortunately Walmart at Northland doesn't have squat.

But me can also have hope.

Talrum

Amanamanman
09-11-2001, 09:46 AM
I just got the TIE Interceptor at TRU in Saint John NB. They had about 6 of them. No sighn of the Shmi wave yet but the palm talkers have been here for a week now.

Talrum
09-12-2001, 06:31 PM
I just picked up a few palm talkers from TRU in Calgary, it was a pleasent surprise for me to see them here. I was mad at myself for not getting them when i saw them in Asia during the summer. Anybody else find anything intersting??

ChronicJedi
09-12-2001, 09:36 PM
My WM just got a case of the Dirty Scout wave. Unfortunately, they will only be carrying collection 2 from now on. My Interceptor is en route via Planetactionfigure and I got my B-Wing from them about a month ago. It's a sweet ship. I never bother with TRU. Their figs are way overpriced.

Amanamanman
09-18-2001, 10:00 AM
I just found Cold Obi Wan and Sith Apprentice Maul and the Sandtrooper and Dirty Biker Scout at Walmart in Saint John NB. I already have the last two and don't want the first two but at least it's a sign they're out there.

ChronicJedi
09-19-2001, 01:59 AM
More finds at Wal-Mart today. About half a dozen cases of the Dirty Scout wave (Collection 1) and two cases of Collection 2 with Shmi Skywalker and Obi-Wan Jedi Training Gear. Bring on the new Vader! Does anybody think we'll get the Deluxe figures up here?

drsidious
09-20-2001, 10:38 AM
ok so i traveled frum buffalo to toronto
during this i hit
3 walmarts
4 trus
2 zellers
an the bay
whut do i find?
craploads of trilogo shimis,jedi training obi-wan(so are the biggist peices of crap)s/a darth mauls,dirty scout troopers,palmtalkers,an the new spider man toy line

Amanamanman
09-27-2001, 10:50 AM
I went over to Zellers at McCallister Place in Saint John NB this morning and found Shmi. I then went over to the West Side Zellers and found EW Vader, DS Han and X Wing Luke. I knew if I waited they'd finally come here. I figured I saved around 90 bucks canadian by not getting them on the internet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2001, 09:08 PM
Went to Toronto for a little excursion over the weekend. While chilling out with the fam, I managed to sneak into three toy shops.

1) The TRU at Queen and Younge had tons of Darth Maul s/a wave, Ketwol/Duros Wave, 300 Fetts, and a few Obi Jedi Training Gear (which I already have) but no sign of Shimis, for $11.99 Canadian (about 6 bucks plus GST) but the real find was 50 of Cadbury's mini-size candy bars for $5.97 Canadian (included Caramilk, Crispy Crunches, and Dairy Milks). So I just got the candy

:D

2) Toys Toys Toys at the Eaton Centre had the entire Lando wave for $14.99 Can (about $7.50 U.S.). I picked up a Lando and Tessek (which I needed) passed on a Jar Jar (which I need) and an R2-Q5 (which I already have). I would have picked up duplicates for people I know but I don't have that much $$$ being a college student.

3) Went to the Silver Snail and splurged on a Leia General which I needed, as well as a Hooded Leia POTF2, and a Plo Koon for $15 Canadian. I also picked up an Action Fleet Blockaded Runner for $20 Canadian (about 10 U.S.). I passed up on Ep1 Royal Security and Pit Droid 2 pk for the same price.

Amanamanman
10-23-2001, 07:55 AM
Walmart in Saint John NB has TONS of the following figures: Darth Maul Sith Apprentice, Jedi Trg Qui Gon, Sandtrooper, X-Wing Luke, EW Vader, DS Han, ketwol Wave - they're freakin pegwarmers up here. If anyone lives in Maine or even New Hampshire, Saint John is only an hour away from Calais, (the border). It would be well worth the trip to come up here and liberate these cool figures from their shelf prisons. These figures must sell or we'll never get new ones!