PDA

View Full Version : Boba in ROTJ

Cam Wan
04-22-2002, 04:59 PM
In a series that tried to pay so much attention to detail, how is it that in Jabba's palace after Bousch turns off the thermal detonator they flash to Boba Fett and the attena on his helmet is on the wrong side? It appears as if the frame was inserted backwards. Just a question that has always bugged me.

JediTricks
04-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Lucas never really minds doing that, he did it in Ep 1 a few times as well. There is another ROTJ reversal, when we see Lando in the rebel hangar, it's really obvious if you're looking at his shoulder holster. I think there are other uses of this cheesy frame reversal technique in ANH and ESB too, but Lando and Fett are the ones I most think of.

overlord1138
04-26-2002, 11:03 AM
There is a scene in Phantom Menace where Lucas should have reversed it. Right after Anakin says, "Spinning's a good trick." He turns the stick to the left, but when the shot goes to the Naboo fighter it's spinning to the right.

stillakid
04-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by overlord1138
There is a scene in Phantom Menace where Lucas should have reversed it. Right after Anakin says, "Spinning's a good trick." He turns the stick to the left, but when the shot goes to the Naboo fighter it's spinning to the right.

You know, there was always something "wrong" about that cut that I never put my finger on. I was always so annoyed by the dialogue anyway that I didn't care enough to rewind and play it back. Thanks for figuring that out for me.

corporal AMF
04-26-2002, 12:21 PM
The Luke Hologram was also reversed when talking to JAbba......I know that were a lot of 'reversed' shots........I suppose in the DVD those thing could easily be restored with digital technology
:zzz:

JediTricks
04-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by overlord1138
There is a scene in Phantom Menace where Lucas should have reversed it. Right after Anakin says, "Spinning's a good trick." He turns the stick to the left, but when the shot goes to the Naboo fighter it's spinning to the right. I don't think that's a reversal, I think that's shoddy editing. In the Illustrated Screenplay, there's a few more lines for Ani which makes his actions a little more believable up there in space, but Lucas cut the scene really harsh and they ended up not making the film.

AMF, I always thought that the Luke holo was reversed on purpose, I wonder if it is a gaff.