PDA

View Full Version : What to do if you hear someone say "I cant wait to put this up on ebay"

swcollector
04-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Hopefully tonight the ebayers (people that make a living by selling collectables on ebay) will stay home tonight since there are alot of 0 bids on AOTC toys on ebay. So, if your in the stores tonight and hear someone mention I am putting these on ebay, dont hesitate to give a swift kick to the back of their head.

just kidding....

LTBasker
04-22-2002, 05:07 PM
I might try to put a slight bend in the figure card when they're not looking. :rolleyes: j/k.

Nah, I'll probably just make it noticeable that I'm disgusted and walk away from them. :cool:

jedihunter25
04-22-2002, 05:10 PM
I'll wait till we get to the parking lot- and then beat the hell out of them like a redheaded step child and take their so called AOTC ebay items and give them to the ones who didn't get any.

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 05:11 PM
I would look at that person, smile and say "You want something else that you can also put up on Ebay?" then reach out into his/her chest and pull out his/her still beating heart so the person can see how black it is before he passes out. :)

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Unfortunately the next few weeks will probably be open season on collectors by scalpers. The only way we can stop it is to starve them out. Basically, no matter how much you want a figure and cannot find it, don't give in to the dark side.

However, there is one lady, we'll call her Gertrude, in this town who bought up all of the Darth Mauls during the Ep1 madness and sold most of them off for at least $30 on ebay. She was actually very proud of herself too.

She doesn't even try to hide what she is doing, she just walks up takes all the figures, no matter who's in the aisle and walks off bragging about how she'll make a fortune with these on ebay. The sad thing is, she does make a fortune. That's the most irritationg part.:frus:

So, the moral is, don't give this withered old bat the satisfaction. Make sure Gertrude doesn't get her meal ticket!:)

icatch9
04-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Wow, such hatred. I am surprised at this. Not! I know how much people hate these types, but relax. I say let them. No one in thier right mind is going to be bidding on these things. They are by no means hard to find. For pete sakes Kohls is selling them. I say encourage them to put them on. Tell them to put multiples of each. They won't sell, so they will be out all that money, plus all the ebay fees. I say let the scalpers try and sell these very easy to find collectables.

Taichi
04-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Ahh, the obligitoryEd O Niell "Wayne's World" quote......

although, it's still fitting, in a Lucasfilm/Indiana Jones sorta way.....

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 05:56 PM
GET OUT OF MY WAY HOT WHEELS AND SCALPERS BECAUSE I'LL RUN YOU DOWN. I can smell a Hot Wheels guy or scalper from a mile away. I just may have to tell them to put the figures back on the pegs for other people to buy-give everyone a shot.

Jargo
04-22-2002, 06:14 PM
*this is not a serious post*

Take some toothpicks with you and then stick them in the eyes of the heathens. Throw stones and slap them like a big girly screaming "RAPE!!!" at the top of your lungs. Wear spikes on your shoes like Lotte Lenya in that James Bond movie and kick them in the shins. Push them into their shopping cart and kick it far down the aisle so they ram into a stock gondola and the stock rains down on them blow upon blow. Take a small child along and give them ice cream just before you go into the store and tell them to go touch all the stuff in the guys shopping cart or basket. carry a ca of mace spray and use it freely. lick all the cards. grab all the figures as they attempt to do the same and then stand there and wait for collectors and ask if they want one then hand over the figures to the collectors the heathen wanted with a smug smile aimed at the heathen. grab them by the scruff of the neck and haul their @$$ out of the store like they do in slapstick comedies, sending the heathen sprawling. tell the security guard they have something hidden in their pockets and when the security guard starts questioning them liberate the figures from their basket or shopping cart and put them back on the pegs. get a gang together and intimidate the heathen into giving up by standing in their way as they try to reach the pegs, effectively forming a wall of bodies. Puke on the heathen. If they beat you to the cash register and actually make the purchase, drop a stink bomb into their bags and laugh very loudly. Use a jedi mind trick...

187-Maul
04-22-2002, 07:23 PM
man you have a f-cked up imagination:D - or are you speeking of experience;) j/k

Lost Spaceboy
04-23-2002, 04:00 AM
It's very simple. All you say is "These figures aren't worth the effort. Now, let me buy you a drink..." Then whip out your light saber and cut the bastard's arm off.:evil:

hairless chewie
04-23-2002, 05:40 AM
Say "these aren't the figures that you're looking for" and have him put them into your basket!

Jason B
04-23-2002, 12:49 PM
the sad thing is, there was a guy at Wal*Mart last night that did just that. he took out a cart-ful of just figures. he had the Snow Speeder and the TIE, and he put them back, so he could get all of the figures. :mad:

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 12:58 PM
There's a reason why I love Jargo! :D

I'd certainly take a moment to "tap" one of those guys upside the head if I head that!!! That really burns me up!

brentfett
04-23-2002, 01:01 PM
The only effective way to combat these idiots is DO NOT BID ON THOSE FRIGGIN' AUCTIONS!!!!!! PUT 'EM OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!

evenflow
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Smack them in the head, and then grab their figures.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Look, if you couldn't find a few figures last night or today, don't worry. Every figure that is going to be released through the summer will be easy enough to find. Whatever you do, don't buy anything off Ebay, at collector shows, from a scalper's van, etc.

Be helpful. Try to help others out that are looking for figures they can't find.

stillakid
04-23-2002, 01:36 PM
But the vehicles...the Bomber and the Snow Speeder...might not be available anymore.

The 9 (at present) scalpers hawking them on EBay should be taken out and beaten in the public square, urinated on, humiliated in front of their High School cheerleading squad, then drawn and quartered. That's not capitalism, it's just evil selfishness. Bastards.

bobafett07728
04-23-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm with Wolfwood on this one, even though the Wal Mart situation has me ****ed as well. The figures should be easy to acquire, it just might take longer than most would like. I just plain can't stand WM, and you can't really blame the scalpers on this one. . .the Wal Marts just plain don't have enough exclusives to go around. The one's near me never ever have anything, and it sucks for those who don't care how much a piece is going to be worth. As far as I'm concerned, overproduce the damn things so the scalpers get burnt, and the fans get the merchandise.

princethomas
04-23-2002, 01:46 PM
It is difficult not to buy off of ebay though. I got into the POTJs very late. so I bought a lot from there. Im currently trying to go back for potfs and TPMs that I didnt get.
I have only Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin left from POTJ and they are very high priced on ebay. What do I do?
What if a website like this one tried to start some sort of fair trade forum. Where people who had extras, or could get extras of something that someone else needs and have them pay only the costs plus shipping or make trades. would that be possible or too succeptible to corruption???
Just a thought.
If anyone has those two jedi and wants even money for them let me know.

--Tom

JediBoulton
04-23-2002, 05:11 PM
You all can "BITE ME" -- I am "THE RICK KID" -- My daddy and I went to the local WALMART and bought all the DEXTERS, TAUN WE's, COUNT DOOKU's, ROYAL GUARDS, and HANGER ANAKINS. Who are you all trying to tell me how to make a fast buck. It's a free country and I can do what I want. There are MANY stupid people out there who will pay my prices..you are all just jelious that you don't have enough money to do what I did.

And when I get out of the HOSPITAL from getting this JEDI STARFIGHTER removed from my butt -- I will post them all on EBAY

SERIOUSLY -- These figures are available at a great price -- and there are plenty to go around. If not this week -- surly next week. DO NOT buy these figures on EBAY -- you will be able to find them soon...Have a great hunt !!!

stillakid
04-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by princethomas
It is difficult not to buy off of ebay though. I got into the POTJs very late. so I bought a lot from there. Im currently trying to go back for potfs and TPMs that I didnt get.
I have only Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin left from POTJ and they are very high priced on ebay. What do I do?
What if a website like this one tried to start some sort of fair trade forum. Where people who had extras, or could get extras of something that someone else needs and have them pay only the costs plus shipping or make trades. would that be possible or too succeptible to corruption???
Just a thought.
If anyone has those two jedi and wants even money for them let me know.

--Tom

Going backwards is hard to do and not end up paying extra. The best thing to do is to make a lot of "noise" here and if someone nice notices your requests, they might be gracious enough to pick up what you need if they see it.

swcollector
04-23-2002, 07:07 PM
First I went to walmart when it first opened and there was 6 people

5 collectors

1 scalper

me and the other collectors grabbed between 1 - 2 figures a piece of each figure that we needed.

Here was some of the figures that I noticed the scalper grabbing.

about 20 (yes 20 of each) of these figures

jango fett
saesee tiin
Nikto
Dexter Jesttster
Geonosian warrior
and what was left of the Royal Guards

after filling his cart he took off, then the nice walmart lady filled the pegs again and all the figures but Count Dooku was plentiful again.

Then basically me, the same collectors at walmart, and the 1 scalper showed up at Target right before it opened.

as soon as the door opened it was the 100 yard dash to the toy isles, but they just had the same figures that walmart did, but this scalper again filled his cart with the same figures and amounts as he did at walmart.

I dont know if he was trying to create a shortage of these figures or what?

I then asked him what he plans on doing with all these figures and he said he sells them at flea markets and toy shows.

it was pathetic since these are like everywhere.

LTBasker
04-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Ha! He'll be lucky if he sells them for even retail. ;)

eliwankenobi
04-23-2002, 08:01 PM
Since '95 I've had to resort to getting a hard-to-find figure (Spacetrooper) on eBay just once. I may have to break down and do it once more for the R2/Holo Leia just to complete that collection - and I see those at reasonable (??) prices every now and then.
Otherwise, SCALPERS CAN BURN IN A FIERY, PAINFULLL HELL!!!!
I don't anticipate any shortage of AOTC figs so I'm sure I'll be able to pick up every fig I want in due time. I laugh hysterically at those moron scalpers who think that peops will be willing to pay inflated prices for toys that will be EVERYWHERE!
And God forbid I catch the @#&#$@& who trys to buy up all the TIE Bombers!!!