PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness merged thread

JediDan
04-20-2002, 04:35 PM
I can't believe it. April 23 is actually within grasp. We're so close we can start counting down the hours now. It's a great time to be alive. :D Let the countdown begin......:crazed: :crazed:

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 11:24 AM
It's even closer now!!! It's 12h24 EST as I type!!!!

DeadEye
04-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Yes...it's literally breathing down the back of my neck, stimulating the very fine hairs that run across it.

Just two days now...

QLD
04-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone!

I am sure this is posted somewhere in here, but I have been avoiding this area for the most part to remain spoiler free and blah blah blah.

Anyway, is there a checklist of everything that will be out on Monday at midnight? I am going to TRU for midnight madness, and I want to be sure that I know exactly what to look for.

Thanks guys!

Beast
04-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Here is the figure list that you can expect, though your store may vary slightly depending on when they got there cases.

[01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
[02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
[03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
[04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
[05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
[06] Super Battle Droid
[07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
[08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child
[09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
[10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
[11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
[12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
[13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
[14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry
[15] Geonosian Warrior
[16] Dexter Jettster: Coruscant Informant
[17] Clone Trooper (Red)
[18] Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter
[19] Royal Guard: Coruscant Security
[20] Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master
[21] Nikto: Jedi Knight
[22] Anakin Skywalker: Hangar Duel
[23] Yoda: Jedi Master
[24] Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
[25] Taun We: Kamino Cloner
[26] Luminara Unduli: Jedi Master
[27] Count Dooku: Dark Lord

[ ] Darth Tyranus (w/ Lightsaber and Force Flip Base)
[ ] Jango Fett (w/ Electronic Jetpack and Snap-on Armor)
[ ] Mace Windu (w/ Blast-Apart Battle Droid)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (w/ Lightsaber and Force Flip Base)

In Vehicles/Creatures and 12" Figures you can expect to find:

Anakin's HotRod Speeder
Jedi Starfighter
Reek
Slave 1
Zam Wesell's Speeder

12" Figures:
Anakin Skywalker
CloneTrooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Lightsabers:
Anakin Skywalker's
Count Dooku's
Obi-Wan Kenobi's

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
04-21-2002, 02:50 PM
jar jar,

everywhere i have read says the ultimate 12 inch jango fett will be released in may or june. where did you see that it will be available on tuesday? and you forgot the lightsabers.:)

Beast
04-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by derek
jar jar,
everywhere i have read says the ultimate 12 inch jango fett will be released in may or june. where did you see that it will be available on tuesday? and you forgot the lightsabers.:)
Oh wait, your right. I just rechecked my personal list and I noticed that I forgot to ammend it there also. Oh well, ok everything other then the 12" Jango. And I'll add the 3 lightsabers, thanks for reminding me. :)

Doh, and I just remembered that Sir Steve also posted a list of everything that will be avaliable. Here is a link if you want somthing that includes it all.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=136

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
04-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Thanks a lot!!

I should have checked around the site more!

Thanks for your help!

Beast
04-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Thanks a lot!!
I should have checked around the site more!
Thanks for your help!
No problems, that what most of us are here for. To discuss our Star Wars obsession with other fans and help out with another fans questions when we can. As the wise Jedi "Eek the Cat" once said: "It never hurts to help." ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Ok i got my list lol of my must haves on Tuesday

Basic Figures
Obi-Wan Kenobi™ (Coruscant Chase) #03
Super Battle Droid™ #06
Boba Fett™ (Kamino Escape) #07
Jango Fett™ (Kamino™ Escape) #13
Clone Trooper™ #17
Royal Guard™ (Coruscant Security) #19
Yoda™ (Jedi Master) #23
Count Dooku™ (Dark Lord) #27

Action Figures - Deluxe
Jango Fett™ with Electronic Jetpack and Snap-On Armor!

Vehicles
Jango Fett's™ Slave 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi's™ Jedi Starfighter

JediDan
04-21-2002, 04:48 PM
ONLY 31 hours to go now. I cannot believe how fast this weekend is actually going. This is almost unreal, it's actually just a little over a day away. Now I can't wait to read all the post the next day about everyones ordeal at midnight madness or at the stores opening in the morning. Wonder how many injuries will be reported? :)

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 04:48 PM
so the final battle jango fett wont be out eh? you think they will have some preveiw figs there too?

derek
04-21-2002, 04:49 PM
omega fett,

yea, buy all those deluxe jangos, cause if you don't, i smell a major pegwarmer. the size of that backpack and gun are crazy!:crazed:

derek
04-21-2002, 04:51 PM
what i can't believe is that only 3 toys 'r us stores in TEXAS are opening in midnight. this is nuts. the only thing i'll buy from them is their exclusives. screw them!:crazed:

IcebergSlim
04-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Looks like I still have to head over to Wal-Mart on the 23rd since the TRUs around here don't have some of the figures, the Reek or the Jedi Starfighter. I was hoping for a 1-stop shop, but that's out the window now.

IcebergSlim
04-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Oh, hey guys.

*displays the ships & figures I got today from TRU*

:D

JediDan
04-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Sure rub it in why don't you... ;) Congrats on your "early" finds.

Derek.... Try Minnesota, only ONE TRU in MN is open for MM. Oh well at least we have quite a few 24hr Walmarts though.

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by derek
what i can't believe is that only 3 toys 'r us stores in TEXAS are opening in midnight. this is nuts.

Only one throughout all of Oklahoma is opening, 'course we're about a third the size of TX so... :D

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 05:07 PM
iam still debating the jango deluxe since ya those two things are bigggg but what about the final battle jango will he be out?

Beast
04-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Omega Fett
iam still debating the jango deluxe since ya those two things are bigggg but what about the final battle jango will he be out?
Jango Fett: Final Battle won't be out tommorow. The list of what was posted is what has been confirmed seen in the store. The following 4 figures will be out in May.

[28] Mace Windu: Geonosian Rescue
[29] Luke Skywalker: Bespin Duel
[30] Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
[31] Jango Fett: Final Battle

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-21-2002, 05:15 PM
ok heres my list

Obi-Wan Kenobi ( Corasunt Chase)
Nikto Jedi ( Jedi Knight)
Plo Koon ( Arena Battle)
Sasee Tiin ( Jedi Master)
Kit Fisto ( Jedi Master)
Jango Fett ( Kamino Esacape)
Aankin Skywalker ( Hanger Duel)
Count dooku (Dark Lord)
one store better have it the last two figures or i'm gona be one ****ed off puppy :mad:

Deluxe
Mace Windu ( with Battle Droid)
Count Dooku ( no Dark lord ill take a deluxe)

i got the Jedi Starfighter slave I i don't really need right now

Lightsabers
Aankin Skywlakers Lightsaber
Count Dooku's lightsaber

DeadEye
04-21-2002, 05:19 PM
EVERYONE, including myself, wants the Dooku and Hangar Duel Anakin. They're probably all going to be gone, leaving us with nothing but thousands of Female Tuskens.

Yoda'sMaster
04-21-2002, 05:30 PM
i just called my local tru here in dublin california and they say there not opening 2marrow at 12:00 AM what other places will be opening at night i have school in the morning and cant get there at opening time at 9:00
please help

Jedi Law Student
04-21-2002, 05:31 PM
I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter today to make a, you know, trial run for tomorrow night. What surprised me was that it still looked like "Attack of the Ketwols." This got me to thinking... what time will they start getting the display ready? Can they start setting out the AOTC toys before midnight tomorrow, or will they have to wait? If I get there shortly before midnight, what will I see? Come to think of it, watching the employees open the cases right in front of me would be pretty fun! I wonder if they'll let me play what's sure to become America's favorite game, "Digging for Dooku"?

The more important question is, since this Wal-Mart is open 24 hours a day, will the computers automatically start allowing sales of AOTC toys at the stroke of midnight? In other words, will Wal-Mart put the midnight in Midnight Madness?

Silly questions, I know. I'm just pumped about April 23!!

neimoidian85
04-21-2002, 05:45 PM
I called my Wal-Mart to see if they would be out at Midnight, and the toy clerk said she didn't know.

But really, if you go to Wal-Mart at midnight, and nicely ask if they could put it out, or let you scour through it, would they turn you down?

Dryanta
04-21-2002, 05:48 PM
as of today my local 24 hr Walmart hasn't touched it's selves yet.
The toy manager did tell me that they will be for sale at midnight,so I'd say the clocks on the registers will allow the sales at 12:01 a.m.

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 06:48 PM
My Wal-Mart's (which is a SuperCenter) toy manager said they'd be putting out the figures in the beginning of May and they even took off the floor signs for the April 23rd stuff!

SuperBattleDroid88
04-21-2002, 06:53 PM
That is really disapointing!!!!!!!

Beast
04-21-2002, 07:01 PM
Did they give you any reason why Basker? Did Hasbro slap Wal-Mart with over an extra week wait on the figure release, because the store chain broke streetdate so much. I suggest you call and complain, if Wal-Mart is just choosing to wait. Tell them the cases clearly say April 23rd, and thats the day you will be there to get your figures. And if they don't have them, tell them they lost you, and a large majority of the Star Wars collecting community to other retailers. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-21-2002, 07:06 PM
No they didn't give a reason actually. I can't really threaten them because this isn't really a collector/scalper area, there are maybe a handful of collectors if even that many. Although I don't doubt they will be paying for it because if stores like TRU and other Wal-Mart have their stuff out at Midnight and this Wal-Mart wants to wait to put peg-warmers out AFTER everyone's already gotten them at other stores then this Wal-Mart will be losing ALOT of business from that considering people would buy them on the 23rd, but if everyone else will have them on the 23rd, why should they wait till May to grab'em at that Wal-Mart?

Highly bad business stratedgy.

jedihunter25
04-21-2002, 08:28 PM
I went to my Walmart last nite and asked about the midnight madness. Even though they have not started on clearing the isle, they showed me the exact isle and said that they will be putting the murchandice out at 12:01 AM tomorrow nite. This is a very good thing since all the TRU in town (and many other across the country) are not doing the midnight madness.

Yoda'sMaster
04-21-2002, 09:35 PM
let me put it this way r wallmarts or tagets opening at midnight or just trus what other stores???????

Echo_7
04-21-2002, 09:57 PM
My WM has moved the POTJ figs to the new locations where the EP II stuff will be. I asked an employee about the midnight madness, and she said the EP II figs will be out at midnight Monday night. OH YEAH!!

Jedi Drew
04-21-2002, 10:06 PM
Super K-Mart is open 24 Hrs.-MAYBE try them??:eek: :eek:

neimoidian85
04-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhh.....about 24 more hours and I'll be hopping in the car off to Wal-Mart. It's so weird, I can remember everything from 3 years ago. There were like 6 teens there, along with a rat we saw in an aisle. I got scolded for touching the stuff before midnight. Wah.

Share the nostalgia.

Jedi_Rainman
04-21-2002, 10:11 PM
I just got home from work and I have some really good news. I asked the Dept. Manager if I could go in tuesday morning with her and help her put out the AOTC stuff before WM opened at 7 a.m. and she doesn't have a problem with it, so I should be able to grab what I want before the doors open. I got this lucky, so maybe next time I should play the lottery?!?:D

broctoon
04-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I remember the last midnight madness like it was just a few months ago. I got done with my college radio show and hoped in the car with a few friends. We got to TRU at about 10:25, and the line was already long as hell. Fortunately, I got everything I wanted. Hopefully that will be repeated this year, and I'll get a Dooku (if not I'll have to wake my *** up early the next day and head out to non-midnight madness stores).

This year seems a little weird 'cause most of my friends who were with me last time have long since moved away, and it's down to only two of us. Plus, my TRU isn't doing this time, and I have to drive about 25 minutes away. Of course, I'm still psyched as hell! :D

Yoda'sMaster
04-21-2002, 11:55 PM
thaks what about wal-marts r they open?

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 11:58 PM
the NON 24 hour wal mart by me is NOT SELLING ANYTHING until every customer is out of the store tomorrow night meaning Tuesday at 7 am ill be there to grab all the must haves ^__^

hamsterboy
04-22-2002, 01:12 AM
I don't know about any others but my local K-Bs isn't one.

hango fett
04-22-2002, 06:10 AM
the wal-mart near us (20 miles away) will sell them tomorrow at 7 in the morning. my dad (the schools tech-cordinator) and me are going over at that time to get them all and to get me deluxe jango and either dookus or anis lightsaber :)
wish me luck

Jason B
04-22-2002, 06:20 AM
im going tonight and im missing school tomorrow. :p

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 07:30 AM
I posted this before but here we go again. I was at my local Wal-Mart on Sat. and talked to the 3rd shift manager and he told me that they would be open till 12:30 on Monday (Today) to sell the AOTC figures ect. Give your local Wal-Mart a call and see if they are doing the same thing.:confused::confused:

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey Rainman I hope you grab all the figures that you want "While you are working" and then they fire you for shopping on company time. Ever think of that "Hot Shot"?:eek: :eek:

Sith Lord 0498
04-22-2002, 08:27 AM
I spoke to the toy department manager at my local 24 hr. Wal-Mart (Route 222 in Reading, PA) and she confirmed that they'll have the AOTC toys out at midnight tonight.

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Your question at the begining of the post asks if a 24 hr WM= Mid/Mad. I say yes if they plan on doing like mine is..... Mine will tape off the area put employees there to "guard" the aisle while others are setting up the display. Then as the bell tolls Midnight the rush will begin. If you stores plan on something similar than again, yes this counts as mid/mad.

Good luck to you all!!
MTFBWY!!!!!

Jedi Drew
04-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Well, if they are going to let it be a "Free For All" situation I hope they have some type of security. I was at the MM at TRU last time and they had two cop cars sitting outside, just in case??? And TRU was only letting in 15 people at a time. This maybe truly MADDNESS at Wal-Mart.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 09:03 AM
I know the 2 Wal Marts in my area wont have much of a problem. There are a few collectors out there like me but mostly everyone out here only cares about NASCAR and wrestling. I should be ok come 12am.
Cant wait!!

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 09:42 AM
So close but yet so far! CAN'T WAIT. really wish I didn't have to work today. I'd be there all day at Wal*Mart if I thought I could be first in line.

Okay, tell me if this seems pathetic.....

In my anticipation of the toys and my excitement to buy anything new SW I went out on Friday to look for new stuff and all I could find was the Potato chips, cereal, go-gurt (whaterver they are called) and bought them. Just to help satiate my Jones for SWII stuff.

Okay I know it's not figures but were/are any of you as excited that you did something like that to ease the tension?

BTW it didn't work.

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Since none of the stores in my area are participating in MM, Ill have to strike at dawn,so for me its still 20 hours to go.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Dont feel bad, Sal. I did the GoGurt/Potato Chip thing. I actually have a bag of Ruffles from 99 still sealed up. Imagine what they would look like if I opened them now!! But I snagged a bag of Ranch Doritos with Mace/Jango on the bag. Gotta have something unique for the collection you know. So dont feel bad, youre not the only one!!
Not much longer to wait brother!!

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 10:06 AM
You're pathetic!!! But, then again... we ALL are! We all feel the way you do- to varying degrees. I bought some potato chips yesterday because we needed some for guests that were coming over and they were on sale... the little kid inside me was going.. "Oooohh!! C-3P0 and R2-D2!!!" :happy:

I'm not going to torture myself at Wal*Mart or the 24h K-Mart tonight. My purchases will come in the morning. 1 Brown battle droid, Obi-Wan and 1 Super battle droid at 7:00 when the K-Mart near work opens. After work, I will head over to Borders to get some of the books and soundtrack. THAT is what I am looking forward to the most.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Are you saying I am pathetic??
Well if so, fine by me. I love Star Wars!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Dont feel bad, Sal. I did the GoGurt/Potato Chip thing. I actually have a bag of Ruffles from 99 still sealed up. Imagine what they would look like if I opened them now!! But I snagged a bag of Ranch Doritos with Mace/Jango on the bag. Gotta have something unique for the collection you know. So dont feel bad, youre not the only one!!
Not much longer to wait brother!!

I too had some Cool Ranch Doritos with Jango and Mace at my BBQ Sat. night. Funny, they didn't make the chips taste any better. Well, maybe if Jay Leno were still hawking them they'd be better. :)

BTW Jango, if you do open the bag, don't eat the green ones. :)

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 10:35 AM
I'll definately remember that, Mandalorian Candidat. Its cool to have something unique like that in your collection. And chips dont smell bad or anything when theyre old, they just get really stale. But I didnt buy them for the chips, just for the bag.
But you never know, I might get really hungry after the toy spending and be completely broke....:crazed:

kwyjibo111
04-22-2002, 10:36 AM
I know I'm pathetic I was out all morning looking for some early releases.

Wonderboy
04-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Yup, yup, yup!

Very excited I am! *insert really bad Yoda laugh here*

It's crazy how the inner-dork starts to show itself as the midnight hour approaches....(15 1/2 Hours and Counting)....

Heading to my local TRU at around 8-ish :evil:

Anyone else hitting the Burbank, CA Toys R Us???

Mandalorian Candidat
04-22-2002, 10:46 AM
I just went in to my WM SC this morning and asked a floor manager (? - that person who mans the station in front of the registers) about MM. At first she said that they would put out the stuff at 11, but then you either half to wait until 12 or could grab away and hang out until 12.

Then she actually talked to someone in toys other than the manager. They said they'll put the stuff out before 12, but will have it roped off until midnight. They said this instruction came from the home office. At this point, I don't necessarily believe it, I just think they don't want any hassle at the registers before 12 from people wanting to blow out early.

I just want a chance at the HTF stuff, like possibly TIE/Bs before scalpers or multiple buyers have at it.

DeathStarPlans
04-22-2002, 10:47 AM
I will be heading down to a San Diego store, but was planning on hitting Brea.

stevenmh
04-22-2002, 01:51 PM
Called Wal-Mart this morning, and the lady said they'd be selling EPII stuff at midnight. Called TRU, and not only are they not opening at midnight, they're not even opening early tomorrow. Store opens at 10:00 am, by which time I will have owned the EPII toys for 10 hours. The only reason I'd have for going to TRU would be if I'm not able to get everything at WM tonight. I'm hoping that WM will have everything, so I don't have to go into work late.

You know, when TRU announced its financial troubles, I was worried. But now that I think of it, I never go in there anyway except to get Hasbro SW and TF exclusives. WM and Target ALWAYS get stuff before TRU, if TRU ever gets it at all. I can't stop at TRU on the way to work, since TRU doesn't bother to open until after I've put in a couple hours of work. As long as TRU is in business and carrying exclusives, I hope my local store stays open. But at this point, it wouldn't bother me if the whole chain went under. You'd think that a company this is devoted to NOTHING BUT TOYS would strive to provide a better selection and price than a company that sells everything from groceries to auto parts to grass seed. But that certainly hasn't been the case here, and by their treatment of the EPII launch, they're not too worried about it.

jw_bryant
04-22-2002, 02:33 PM
8.5 hours bay-bee. :D

Taichi
04-22-2002, 02:38 PM
My local 24-Hour Walmart is gearing up.....

here it is 3:41, just over 8 hours and counting.......

I popped into Walmart, and noticed bare shelves.....and lots of 'em......I knew without looking that this was reserved for AOTC stuff......

63 pegs, and four shelves are reserved in their 'front aisle' showcase........

things are lookin' good.......gonna go in early, and see what I can grab......

PEACE!

Tai

hango fett
04-22-2002, 02:40 PM
it's now 3:39 pm in est. i have around 16 hours to go....boy, those final hours are killer...won't be able to sleep a wink tonight.. ;)

Eternal Padawan
04-22-2002, 02:41 PM
I called both my local WlMarts and they both said "12:01" so I'll be there at 11:30 to get a good spot so I can run jedi master sal over with my cart.;)

swcollector
04-22-2002, 02:46 PM
I called the local 24 hour Walmart today and they are going to start selling the new starwars toys tonight at midnight. I think I might go there instead of Toysrus. I wonder how they are going to sell the figures at midnight. Will they be on the shelves and have 10 walmart employees gaurding them? or at midnight will they just bring out pallets and let people go at them. any one know?

xboywonder
04-22-2002, 02:47 PM
9 hours.... 9 hours eeeeaaaaaghhheerrorooooaaaarrrrgggghh!!!

2-1B
04-22-2002, 02:51 PM
I'll be there by 11:30 at the latest, probably sooner. It's 24 hours so we'll just browse around until a line forms. :D

E.T. Padawan, I'm gonna hop in one of those motorized carts for extra traction. :)

xboywonder
04-22-2002, 02:53 PM
I believe they are going to block off the aisle with carts until they are finished unloading and stocking the shelves... personally I am going to Walmart over TRU simply because I'm all about the $5.88... YEAH !!

IcebergSlim
04-22-2002, 03:21 PM
You guys are lucky. Us Canadians aren't getting everything that the States are.

stevenmh
04-22-2002, 03:23 PM
I'll be at WM tonight...simply because TRU isn't doing midnight madness, and aren't bothering to open until 10:00 tomorrow morning. Spoke with someone at WM and they'll be setting EPII out at midnight.

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 03:24 PM
There are no TRU's in my area participating in MM, so Wal-Mart is where I will be tonight. I should call them first to make sure they are going to put the figures out at midnight.

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Same here. No TRU in the entire state of NC is doing midnight madness, so WM will be getting my business. Fine by me, same result anyway as long as I get my toys!!

jedihunter25
04-22-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm on the Westcoast- so everyone will get their star wars fix three hours before me!

evenflow
04-22-2002, 03:32 PM
I figure i will be leaving my house around 10:30 - 11:00 tonight.

Omega Fett
04-22-2002, 03:42 PM
NO TRU in Indiana is doing one so instead of missing school tomorrow which my mom wont let me do iam calling all wallmart by me to see whos having a MM and if one is ill be sure to be there

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Well I am about to sign off. I want to wish everyone luck tonight, wherever you are. I hope you all find what you want and I hope you enjoy yourselves. Dont forget to share what you got and any experiences you had.
And May the Force be with You.

jedi master sal
04-22-2002, 03:50 PM
I talk to you guys tomorrow and we can all discuss our finds! good luck! May you find everything you want and most of all MTFBWY!

Omega Fett
04-22-2002, 03:51 PM
u now i cant freaking believe this,ive been calling for 15 mins and both stores are STILL BUSY!! WTF i cant even get through,i swear its due to stupid workers just sitting there talking to people

Omega Fett
04-22-2002, 03:54 PM
man this is so gay,if i cant get rhough and confirm that we have a MM i cant go!! dang it and now my mom is on the phone *****en at the doctors office for no reason......man this is turning out to be a bad day i wish she would just shutup,they know shes right and there like "Mam we understand its our fault please we dont need your life story" lol over exagerating alittle

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2002, 03:55 PM
Good luck, Sal!! Have fun!!
Talk to you tomorrow!!
MTFBWY

Freedom
04-22-2002, 03:57 PM
My local area Wal-Mart said they were coming in at 10pm tonight to stock the shelves then guard the shelf until midnight, and the items won't "ring up" until their register clocks hit midnight.

I will deffinately be there waiting.

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Good luck! MTFBWY!:cool:

CrossWizard
04-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Have a good one buddy, I hope you end up satisfied with your hunt tonight.

Omega Fett
04-22-2002, 04:05 PM
oh great i got through but then the doctors office called in and my mom took the phone over.....wow iam really at the lowest point of my life (lol jk) but serisouly ive been waiting so long and to have all this bs get rhwon into my face isnt kool

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 04:13 PM
stevenmh, I totally agree with you on TRU's crappy business practices. I just called my Wal-Mart and they expect to have the stuff available by midnight. So I'll be buying my toys from Wal-Mart and if TRU doesn't want to work with the collectors then I will simply take my business somewhere else.

chibijawa3
04-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey, is anyone going to the TRU midnight madness in plantation, Florida? Thats where I'm going tonight and was wondering if I would see anyone from these Boards there.:confused:

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new to these GREAT forums, and have a question. Will the creatures be out tonight? I'm pretty sure there not, but just checking:)

I'm in Oklahoma, and called my 24 our wal-mart, and they WILL be out at midnight!:) I swear, STAR WARS is my life!!!!! I love it!!!!!!! So, I guess I'm skiping work tomarrow lol. Just in case I dont find Dooku, HangAr duel Ani, and Yoda I'll be hitting stores in the morning:cool:

Taichi
04-22-2002, 04:36 PM
It's still gonna be a feeding frenzy.....

I don't forsee AOTC stuff being as plentiful as Episode I stuff......so, we're gonna be fighting for what we want, I'm sure......

oh well, I'll just hafta get there early....

Hellboy
04-22-2002, 04:38 PM
I talked to a lady at my local Wal-Mart and their manager is out for the day and nobody knows if the toys will be available at 12. Regardless I will still make the 3 hr. round trip commute with the hope that they will be available since my local Toys R Us isn't particapating in Midnight Madness.

Omega Fett
04-22-2002, 04:45 PM
awsome they are! so tonight i get my stuff yay iam so happy,ill brb later guys ^__^

RooJay
04-22-2002, 04:48 PM
Welcome! I hope you have as much fun here as I do. According to most, if not all, reports, the Reek will be the only beast available tonight. Unfortunately.:)

Taichi
04-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Well, since I like collecting the Advertising Promo stuff, I have a bag of Lays from 1997's Special Edition "Spirit of Obi Wan" promotion.....

sadly, I don't have any Episode I bags, or bags containing the SE cards.....but I do have a near-complete set of the cards.....

I also have several of the shelf unit displays, Soda cartons, stickers, and other promotional items.....that people don't usually get their hands on........

but the Coup De Grace of my SW Advertising collectibles collection, is my lifesize cardboard cutout Jar Jar, advertising the Pizza Hut Toy Promotion..........I have NEVER seen one of these go on ebay, and wouldn't sell it if I could........

bigbarada
04-22-2002, 04:53 PM
That's what I've heard too, but why only one beast in the Beast Assortment? If entire cases are going to be shipped with nothing but Reeks in them, then I can smell a pegwarmer in the future. You might say the shelves will reek with Reeks.:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I really hope these reports are wrong and we will get the Acklay and/or Nexu also.

Dryanta
04-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey darth skeletor.Welcome and enjoy.Looking forward to seeing your posts.Yeah the reek is the only one of the two for tonight.

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Will thats just fine with me! At least we have one tonight/tomarrow:)

xboywonder
04-22-2002, 05:12 PM
DARTH_SKELETOR
What part of OK are you in ??

stevenmh
04-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
I talked to a lady at my local Wal-Mart and their manager is out for the day and nobody knows if the toys will be available at 12. Regardless I will still make the 3 hr. round trip commute with the hope that they will be available since my local Toys R Us isn't particapating in Midnight Madness.

It's possible they've received so many calls today that they just don't want to talk about it anymore. When I called at 8:30 this morning, I got some lady in the toy department, and she said they would be available at midnight. So waffling, no asking anyone else, she just knew. I called a little while ago, and can't get anyone in the toy department to answer the phone. Asked the lady at the front desk when they would start selling EPII toys..."We don't know, they come whenever they come." Tried again, let it ring about 50 times before someone in sporting goods answered, and said there wasn't anyone in the toy department today. So I asked him when they would start selling EPII toys..."uh...probably a couple o' weeks."

Well, obviously there's someone in the toy department today if the toys are being put out at midnight. Someone's got to get the shelves ready, and the toys aren't walking from the back room to the shelves by themselves. I'm guessing they've just stopped answering the phone, since they probably get a call every 30 seconds asking about EPII. And they've probably told everyone else to plead ignorance, so they can minimize the midnight swarm.

I guess I'll find out at midnight tonight.

Dar' Argol
04-22-2002, 05:21 PM
Cause I work there . . . . . I'm actually setting it all tonight. I'm going back into work around 9:30-10pm. The last time during TPM all the collectors that were there were really nice and just wanted to "see" what we were putting out. Then at Midnight, everyone was pretty polite about the whole thing. There was only about 25 or so ppl there but, it was nice.

Just remember everyone while you are standing there waiting for midnight. Remember that these employees are people too. Most of us who do this come in long after our shifts end to set this kind of stuff. We do not usually work these hours and after a long day, most of us really don't want to come back in, even to do shopping. So please, be patient(sp) and understand that we will let you to them, just give us a chance to put it all out.:D

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Near Grand Lake. Eucha, which is close to Jay,Grove,Vinita:) You???

JediDan
04-22-2002, 05:57 PM
I just called my WalMart and they are going to have the stuff out before midnight. You can get there early and pick N choose but you cannot check out till 12:01am. Employee on the phone says she has been getting phone calls all day about MM. This is a Walmart that is way in the middle of nowhere.:rolleyes: This is going to be an interesting night. Can't wait to se what happens.

JediDan
04-22-2002, 06:14 PM
No TRU for me this time so I'm heading to Wal-Mart. Gonna leave home in 4 hours and be there at 10:30pm. Gotta scope out where and what they have. Hope to see a Dooku on a peg in front. If I do, you better watch out when the open the aisle. LOL ;) :)

Paul-Kenobi
04-22-2002, 06:22 PM
i just want to wish you all good luck at midnight madness tonight theres no midnight madness at my toys R us so i'm just gona wait till the next day ( wall mart in at lest and area close to me betterhave thoughs toys or i'm gona be one mad puppy :mad: ) so anyway good luck everyone

And May The Force Be With You

JediDan
04-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Thank you. You're too kind. :) Sorry to hear you have no MM going on locally. I almost wish I didn't. I am going to be so worthless tomarrow at work because of it. LOL Oh well it only happens once, well maybe 3 times in a lifetime, so what they hay. :D Good luck to you tomarrow morning.

Sean the Hutt
yes have fun everyone...things like this only happen once in a while. I have a feeling this episode is going to rock! Let's hope the toys do! And Wal Mart...you better have my tie bombers out, or you get no money from me!

JesusFreak
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to find Dooku, since it looks like he may be the rarest.

5-6 Hours!

JediDan
04-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to find Dooku, since he looks like he may be the rarest.

6 Hours!

Yes, thats the one I am afraid I will not got tonight or tomarrow. Oh the suspense is killing me. I am heading straight for Collection 1 pegs right away. I know he is going to be #1 on scalpers lists. Good luck.:crazed:

Paul-Kenobi
04-22-2002, 06:34 PM
i hope i find a Dooku tommrrow or again i'm gona be one ****ed off puppy same gose's for hanger duel anakin

if you see a post tommrrow from me with the title ARGGGGGG that means ether A i didnt find dooku or anakin or B no wal mart or toys R us didnt have it in yet or C they have it but my dad is working late and can't take me.

RooJay
04-22-2002, 06:41 PM
Thanks, and I'd just like to say that if there were any way I could help make sure everyone gets a shot at every item they want I would gladly do it! Good luck to everyone, and remember to have fun! I hope that some day all the kids (young and old) that'll be out there tonight and tomorrow will look back on this they way I look back on my Star Wars memories!

KingOfSting
04-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey just startin this topic out of curiousity. Anyway I'm looking to pick up
HD Anakin
Count Dooku DL
Yoda
Zam Wessel
Jango Fett (Kamino Escape..but if by some odd chance the FB version shows up <it appeared @ MM overseas I believe> I'll be getting that instead)
and Boba Fett
...Maybe Obi-Wan too, but I'll probably wait since he'll be easy to find.

Sith Lord 0498
04-22-2002, 07:43 PM
I'm planning on finishing off my quite large list of initial AOTC merchandise tonight.

"The Art of Episode II" book
Episode II soundtrack
Slave 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber
Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)
Clonetrooper (Red)
Count Dooku (Dark Lord)
Luminara Unduli
Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
Saesee Tiin
Super Battle Droid
Taun We (Kamino Cloner)

I already managed to pick up the following at K-Mart two weeks ago.

Count Dooku's lightsaber
Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber
Jedi Starfighter
Darth Tyranus w/ flipping base
Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Geonosian Warrior
Tusken Raider Female w/ Child
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)

wampa ems
04-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Clone Trooper
Anakin Skywalker-Hangar Duel
Geonosian Warrior
Kit Fisto
Nikto Jedi
Shaak Ti
Super Battle DroidX2
Zam Wesell
Jango Fett
Count Dooku

Everything else is for the people who get there late :crazed:

SuperBattleDroid88
04-22-2002, 07:52 PM
I'll try to get as much as I can!!!!!!! :)

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Nothing tonight, tomorrow maybe, I'll be buying Army builders.

wampa ems
04-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Too bad my mom has to work tonight or I would be there early. But when she gets home..... :greedy:

SuperBattleDroid88
04-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Everybody is online tonight!!!!!!!! :)
You guys are so much like friends to me!!!! :)
I want everyone to be sucessfull and have a good time tonight!! This is where it all pays off!!!!!
This is the moment we have ALL been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!
I hope none of you will come home unhappy!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

JesusFreak
04-22-2002, 08:12 PM
Heh heh, thanks SupaDroid! I plan on gettin...

Anakin Skywalker: Hangar Duel
Count Dooku: Dark lord
Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter
Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
Yoda: Jedi Master

then two more figures which will consist of (if it's released) Luke: Bespin Duel, and Padme or Obiwan

DeadEye
04-22-2002, 08:13 PM
HD Anakin
Dooku
Jango Kamino
Obi-Wan
Zam Wesell
Clonetrooper
Yoda

SuperBattleDroid88
04-22-2002, 08:14 PM
I think the most popular figures to get, it seems like..........
Count Dooku
Yoda
Anakin Hangar Duel

Paul-Kenobi
04-22-2002, 08:40 PM
i can see it now.... PADAWAN VS... CAESAR!!!!! THE BATTLE OF THE TOYS!

thanks for joining us for Star Wars Sports, for todays match Padawan and Caesar, they are geting out of there cars. Wait there runing tords the door, THERE OFF THERE THEY GO! both reach in the door but there stuck! wait.... Padawan makes it though, padawan grabs a cart OH MAN CAESAR JUST CAME AND WACKED HIM WITH THE FORCE FETURE! OWCH thats gota hurt ! he grabs the cart, and takes off but padawan stops him HES ATTACHED HIS FETT CABLE TO THE CART!!!!!! OH MAN HES PULLING IT BACK HES ON THE RUN HES NEER THE HOME STRECH! BUT WAIT ITS CAESAR IT COMEING WITH HIS HOT ROD SPEEDER CART!!!!!! HES ZOOMING PAST PADAWAN!!!!! THERE NEER THE TOY SECTION THERE THERE THERE AT THE HOME STRECH!!!!!!! THERE FIGHTING FOR THE TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadEye
04-22-2002, 08:58 PM
It's only three hours away now...and even though I won't be able to go out until the weekend (and there will be nothing left but pegwarmers :() I declare to you all:

MTFBWY and HH!:D

Lord Tenebrous
04-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Greetings, I hail from the future!

I have gone to view the future of Star Wars, and it is good! Most of these figures are at TRU for $3. Even Dooku. But not Peasant Anakin. He is not in the future, so you must buy him now!

And I found an Ep1 Darth Maul on the shelf for a nickel. Should I go back and buy him? :D

Anyways, have fun, don't fight, and we'll all talk about our loot soon. I'm too old for this much excitement. Well, I'm not that old, but I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm still studying. I could study all the way over to Walmart, but I'd lose my concentration with all the stuff.

Happy hunting! Think of the children! :D

Sith Lord 0498
04-22-2002, 09:59 PM
T-01 hours for all of us on the East Coast. I've got my cash, credit card, and list ready to go. Only one more hour, and the clones shall begin their attack and Star Wars will reign this summer......:crazed:

jedihunter25
04-22-2002, 11:22 PM
Here on the westcoast we still have 2 hours and forty min. I'm leaving in 20 min. to make myself broke.

Jedi_Rainman
04-23-2002, 01:01 AM
I just got back. My wallet is now fried.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 02:21 AM
No Midnight Madness for me!:cry: My local TRU and Wal-Mart SUCK! I went by both and they were closed! I don't understand, my TRU seemed to be doing REALLY good business at the last Midnight Madness. People were still showing up in force at 12:30, and LOTS of people were buying carts FULL of stuff spending $100, $200, $300 and up! Guess the management team was too lazy this time around. I looked in the window of TRU and they didn't even have the shelves stocked! They just had cases piled up on the shelves! I just hope there's still enough left to go around after the scalpers are through.:frus: :cry: