PDA

View Full Version : Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)

Battle Droid
04-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Did you guys notice that her holster is removable?

derek
04-23-2002, 03:13 PM
nope, but i noticed she's way too tall, her chest is too big, and the pose sucks.

derek
04-23-2002, 03:21 PM
seriously, this is one figure i want a resculpt of. hopefully they will make one with the shirt before it gets ripped, and it will be in a neutral pose.:)

QLD
04-23-2002, 03:52 PM
I don't hate it, but I don't like it. It's kind of weird. Nowhere near as bad as the Anakin, but not great. Looked better from far away while I was madly throwing stuff into the cart my girlfriend was holding. Oh well. I am sure we will get 20 of them.

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I don't hate it, but I don't like it. It's kind of weird. Nowhere near as bad as the Anakin, but not great. Looked better from far away while I was madly throwing stuff into the cart my girlfriend was holding. Oh well. I am sure we will get 20 of them.

I kind of agree. I wasn't planning to get Padme at all, but once I saw her this morning she didn't look as bad as the pictures. Really the only thing I still *hate* about the figure is her V-hips. I despise any figure with those joints, but otherwise I kind of like her.

starwars92590
04-23-2002, 06:49 PM
let's hope that the pilot padme is better.

sith_killer_99
04-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Leather clad Padme' appears to have articulated knees! That's always a plus!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Is Padmé Arena able to keep her right armpit covered or is she stuck in that "Feel lucky today bastard"- pose?

:confused:

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 10:41 PM
"Removable holster"? Heck, this thing flew off my figure when I pulled her from the bubble tray; and once I found it again, I wasn't even sure what it was! For a minute, I thought it was an animal bone she was carrying around.

Besides her frontal attributes, this figure's behind is also sculpted in a "saucy" way (aka Sir Mix-a-Lot wouldn't miss her ;) ), I think Hasbro wanted this to be a "fanboy favorite", as if all us heterosexual fanboys are just buying figures waiting for the "hot chick" Star Wars figures. There are like 4 female humanoid characters in all of SW, I doubt most SW fanboys are fans because of the ladies.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Think again

:D

billfremore
04-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Upon closer inspection of the"holster" it appears to resemble some sort of animal tooth.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

LTBasker
04-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I think Hasbro wanted this to be a "fanboy favorite", as if all us heterosexual fanboys are just buying figures waiting for the "hot chick" Star Wars figures. There are like 4 female humanoid characters in all of SW, I doubt most SW fanboys are fans because of the ladies.

Eh. The whole hype with Portman is just like the hype with Maul and him being such an awesome villian just because he had horns and a double bladed lightsaber only with Portman it's not horns and a double bladed lightsaber that's drawing the hype. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think the really only good thing in the package was a more sturdy blaster since the Battle Droid's is pure rubber (well Padme's blaster looks more durable) and the pillar is kinda cool.