PDA

View Full Version : So much for the rush...

mightywhelk
04-23-2002, 04:54 AM
I went down to my local TRU this morning at 9 to find two other people waiting and when the doors opened one of them headed straight for the knock down Harry Potter stuff! Mind you me and the other bloke had the pick of everything.

I chose (now there's a word not often used when talking about Star Wars collecting) the following :

Luminari Unduli
C3P0
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Clone Trooper
Anakin (Hanger Duel)
Super Battle Droid
Deluxe Darth Tyrannus

They had everything in stock but with the suspicious absence of Count Dooku..... another 'rarity' like the EP1 Darth Maul? We shall see.

Darth Nanny
04-23-2002, 08:36 AM
What was the condition of the carded figures like? :(
I have heard that TRU has plastered security bar codes on both sides of the card :cry:
If so I will be taking my business elsewhere :mad:

mightywhelk
04-23-2002, 09:10 AM
The overall condition is 'boxfresh'. Four out of the seven have the metallic barcode sticker on the back which can be removed with care, but nothing untoward on the front.

If you've not got much patience with these, I suggest you go elsewhere, but mark my words, they do come off without harming the card if you are careful.

Hope this helps, and if see any Dooku's, grab one for me :) Cheers

Jargo
04-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Went to Woolies in Birkenhead this morning to be faced with an aisle end sporting nothing but a card on top saying star wars. No toys no nothing. I enquired about the absense of stuff and was told that yesterday someone from head office sent them an e-mail telling them the date for release had been put back a week to the 28th of April. I kid you not the woman went to check the e-mail again and it was a genuine deal. No toys until the 28th at Woolies in Birkenhead. Argos had only two figures the deluxe Obi and the jedi starfighter and slave-1. Went to TRU Liverpool and found most stuff minus Dexter Jettster, Dooku, super battle droid, deluxe dooku, deluxe mace, deluxe jango. Someone went in yesterday and bought the entire case they had. Tons of geonosians royal guards and jedi characters. Only one role play saber left and that was Obi's. No 12 inch figures at all. Bought the stuff I wanted and went home to play.