PDA

View Full Version : hangar duel anikan

hango fett
04-23-2002, 06:33 AM
i got the last two they had of him. i opened one and was amazed how well the magnatizim worked. yes, he does have a removable are. the left arm has a thing where you turn a wheel on his back and it moves. one of the better figures i saw today. but by far, YODA ROCKS! he looked very cool...

OC47150
04-23-2002, 07:42 AM
So he is out? I went to three stores this morning -- Target, Wal Mart and KB (the sales girl at KB let me go through the cases) on my way into work and I didn't find any. Target had the Imperial Guards, while the other two stores didn't.

Taichi
04-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Yes he's out....I got him no problem....

I ended up with Anakin (HD), Yoda, Luminara Unduli, and Kit Fisto

OC47150
04-23-2002, 10:16 AM
I went specifically looking for HD Anakin and the removable helmet Jango. I found Jango but not Anakin.

hango fett
04-23-2002, 10:31 AM
if you have read my other recent post "i went..." you can find out how rare the HD anikan is in my area. only seen 2 in 67 raacks of figures. same w/ yoda and clone trooper. at least we got them...no dooku yet, though.

Echo_7
04-23-2002, 11:02 AM
That must suck Hango. My WM had so many clone trooper's they were literally choaking out the other figures. What seem to be rare in my neck of the woods was Plo Koon and Captian Typho. In all those figures, I only saw two of each. HD Ani was in plentiful supply, as was Dooku, Yoda, and Jango.

Lord_Jedi
04-23-2002, 11:17 AM
HD Anakin, was very hard to find. I ended up with one, but Dooku was nowhere to be found. Last night the employees at WM pulled two huge pallets of figs in the back, they ran out of room. My guess there's a Dooku in there somewhere.

CrossWizard
04-23-2002, 11:29 AM
I went to 3 stores, TRU, K mart and KB, no Dooku or Anakin HD for me.....

*foams at the mouth* :mad:

:cry:

SithDroid
04-23-2002, 09:42 PM
I had no luck with HD Anakin, Dooku, and Yoda. Luminara, Coruscant Guard, and Taun We were hard to find, but at least I did.

Omega Fett
04-23-2002, 10:01 PM
the rare ones by us are yoda,clones,hanger duel ani's, and no SIGN AT ALL OF ANY DOOKUS at all!!! i managed to get the ani and yoda with some other figs and 2 clones so iam kool

NesteaFett
04-23-2002, 10:02 PM
My HD Anakin's arm won't stay on well if you play around with him. It falls off first chance it gets. His lightsaber blades don't stay in well either. My Zam's arm is perfect though. Anyone else have this problem? Should I buy another for the hell of it?

Omega Fett
04-23-2002, 10:10 PM
my anakins arm inst that bad but not that good either,my zams is great

Beast
04-23-2002, 10:14 PM
NesteaFett, I think it's because the painted over the magnets on the Ani figure. Because they are weak on mine also. But if you attach Zam's arm (no paint on her magnets) to Ani, it fits nice and tight. I think it's just the paint on each side that is keeping the arm from attracting really well. May wanna look into that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

NesteaFett
04-23-2002, 10:19 PM
I will. I think I am going to buy another one. If I have the same problem I'll see if there is anyway to repair the paint problem. If not, well, a little glue goes a long way.

NesteaFett
04-23-2002, 10:24 PM
Well, I scraped the paint, a little better but not by much. Why is it that Zam's is so much better and why is it that the Zam figure's the lucky one. It might have to also deal with how far the magnetic device sticks out. I don't know, but the experiments will continue.

Cam Wan
04-23-2002, 10:25 PM
I agree with JarJarBinks. My Anakin has very light paint on his magnets and the arm holds great.

Beast
04-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
Well, I scraped the paint, a little better but not by much. Why is it that Zam's is so much better and why is it that the Zam figure's the lucky one. It might have to also deal with how far the magnetic device sticks out. I don't know, but the experiments will continue.
I just finished removing the paint totally from the hand end, it now fits much tighter and flusher to the stump. It doesn't get knocked off as easy, and there isn't an obvious gap now. I don't think I need to remove the paint over the stump end of the magnet, since it works better now. BuT if I did, I assume it would work just as well as the Zam does. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Omega Fett
04-23-2002, 10:35 PM
i may try that tomorrow,i took off jangos grappling hook since it was that kool and the stupid wire was all over him lol

NesteaFett
04-23-2002, 11:14 PM
Anybody's lightsaber blade not staying in the hilt, specifically the blue one?

PloKoon2385
04-23-2002, 11:53 PM
First of all, I am only missing Yoda, Dooku and Tusken Female. Second, I don't like Hangar Anakin very much because the magnet on mine DOES NOT work very well. The Zam's is much better. And what's worse is that you can't glue it! Does anyone know if the next Anakin will be just normal (Collection 2)? He does have a nice sculpt though.

Paul-Kenobi
04-24-2002, 02:24 AM
as lucky as i am i am one of the meny people who found Hanger duel Anakin but sadly i am one of the meny people who didnt find Dooku that was the main figure i wanted but my search continues

i got the deluxe its allright i must say well i don't like that stuipd pose.

rdrunr89
04-24-2002, 07:55 AM
I havent' been able to find the Dooku either, Yoda, Royal Guard or Luminarya (probably misspelled her name). I found the HD Anakin at Meijer's. If you have one in your area, check it out. They had a lot more figures than TRU did. I found Zam and the Clone Trooper there as well, and they had a bunch of those two. I also heard Kohl's department stores has figures as well. So if you have those two stores in your area, check them out.