PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for the worst

Bosskman
04-23-2002, 07:36 AM
I just came from Walmart in Saint John NB and got the Joan Collins special. That's right folks, no Soundtrack, no novel, and no new toys! nothing. Help me TRU and Zellers, you're my only hope,

Jason B
04-23-2002, 12:45 PM
that has to suck. and coming down to Bangor Maine is a little too far for figures, don't you thunk? :(

Bosskman
04-23-2002, 03:36 PM
It takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to Bangor from here. The last time I was down there they actually had LESS stuff than we did. Still, Bangor has been a pretty good place to find stuff. My sister's going to be working in Saint Stephen starting next week so I'm gonna slip over to Calais and see if there is anything there if we don't get new stuff by then. Still though, we did get 20 figures up here plus Slave I. I'm hope more stuff shows up soon.

TK421
04-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
. Still though, we did get 20 figures up here plus Slave I.

I didn't see slave one yet......:(:(

fourtwo
04-24-2002, 04:25 AM
i went to TRU today and it was unreal, so many toys.
my friend went to walmart, he saw nothing

Bosskman
04-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Did anybody up here see the Reek, Jedi Starfighter, Speeders, or Deluxe Figures? I hope we get them.

dirtybones
04-24-2002, 10:28 AM
What is with some of the WM stores only letting you buy 2 figures per person? I was about to deliver the peoples elbow on one manager yesterday!!

mabudonicus
04-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Yesterday, we had the speeders, Slave 1 and most of the figs at our 2 walmarts, but neither one has all the figs. I didn't see tusken female or boba at either, but was told they were at TRU here in town. Anyone with specific questions just PM me. I've been here kinda sporadically lately, so just have patience. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh yeah, no taun we or anything. Anyone see that one? Dooku?

IcebergSlim
04-24-2002, 02:03 PM
The most figures that we got are 21. The 4 deluxe figures should now be at a TRU near you, but IMO, they suck. The 2 speeders and the Slave 1 are bountiful around here. (Hamilton)

Matter of fact, there is till a TONNE of figures left. Once again, they ordered way too many.

No Reek and no Jedi Starfighter either.

billfremore
04-24-2002, 02:14 PM
We only have 14 figs up here in Ottawa and only Slave 1 for a vehicle.
No speeders, no jedi starfighter.

Methinks all of the stores up here are a little skittish after the Ep1 debacle.

Has anybody seen Chancellor Palpy?
Count dooku?
Jar Jar?

IcebergSlim
04-24-2002, 04:04 PM
I found Jar Jar.

Canada didn't get the cases w/ Dooku, Yoda, Hangar Duel Anakin, Taun We, etc.

fourtwo
04-24-2002, 04:05 PM
i saw the deluxe figs yesterday, i'm gonna get them all too, even the cheesy mace.

no sign of jar jar, palpy or dooku.
i wonder if what i saw will be the pegwarmers.

TK421
04-24-2002, 05:23 PM
I found slave one and the nikto wave here(wal-mart) in red deer.
The had About three jar jars one nikto(after I bought one) and no more geonosians also 2 sasees.
Still have the speeders zam and clonetroopers and the first 14. Anyone see the HD anikin wave vader wave or mace or yoda wave??

Amanamike
04-24-2002, 11:07 PM
I just finished my toy shopping and here is what I couldnt find:

Clone Trooper
Royal Guard
Yoda
Taun We
Luminara
Anakin Hanger
Dooku

Jedi preview Starfighter
Reek

I found everything else today but some figures were a bit scarce. I found a few Jar Jar Senators, got 4 Genosian Warriors, A couple of Nikto Jedi, Got all 4 of the Deluxe figures. I even went all out and bought the Corellian Corvette lego ship for 300.00 canadian!!!!!! Cant wait to spend a day to build that sucker with my 6 year old!!!!

IcebergSlim
04-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim
Canada didn't get the cases w/ Dooku, Yoda, Hangar Duel Anakin, Taun We, etc.

One more time for the people who didn't read it....

Amanamike
04-25-2002, 11:24 AM
We didnt get the cases or we aretn gettng the cases???

mabudonicus
04-25-2002, 11:39 AM
I'd say that we'll see that stuff when the second wave comes, like around may 16. I HOPE. With the HUGE numbers of "outlandish peasant" and Cheese3PO left over already, looks like we might be in for a bit of "21B and Bossk" action. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

fourtwo
04-25-2002, 01:14 PM
i could still use a bossk. are they warming the pegs where you live? my friend found a whack of 2-1b's at the bay for 2 bucks.

IcebergSlim
04-25-2002, 01:44 PM
There are like a half dozen case variations and I think TRU just ordered the first 2. Like "Case 3" might have some of the first figures and some the newer ones, etc. I don't see why we won't see any in the future, but there are still A LOT of figures left....

I'm more surprised at the lack of the Jedi Starfighter then anything else

cujo fett
04-25-2002, 08:59 PM
i have friends that work at tru and they only have the first 14 figures and they have plenty of cases, so don't expect to see additional waves there for some time. it seems tru does this for every series of figures they way over buy the first 1-2 waves and don't buy anymore, they need to get buyers in there that understand the concept of different waves of figures
walmart is my only hope...

greedo
04-26-2002, 10:26 AM
TRU has the Jar Jar wave. It is part of collection II, so they are getting the same figs as Wal-mart. They had a lot of these last night.

fourtwo
04-26-2002, 03:16 PM
they will be everywhere soon enough, i don't see why people are whining right now, impaitent is all i can say.

Bosskman
04-27-2002, 11:57 AM
I picked up the Deluxe Mace at TRU last night. This is a prterry cool set if you ask me, even though Mace is a one-pose-wonder. The droid is actually pretty cool too, way better than the one from the Theed Hanger playset (shudders suddentl overtake me). They had Dooku and Obi Wan, but I passed on them. They look cool but I don't want them. I never saw Jango though but, since I don't want him , I didn't look that hard. I'm gonna see if I can get the Reek, Jedi Starfighter, and the Speeders tomorrow in Calais ME. I hope they're there.

IcebergSlim
04-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by fourtwo
they will be everywhere soon enough, i don't see why people are whining right now, impaitent is all i can say.

I'm "whining" because the stores around here ordered way too many cases. Again.

fourtwo
04-28-2002, 06:25 PM
i don't think you are "whining"....

mabudonicus
04-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Okay, the TRU here has the Jedi starfighter, the reek, and a MILLION outland peasants. 42, I'm not sure but I bet there's bossks at the pen centre here. If I go there ever I'll check it out.
The walmart in the West st.catharines is trying to find 5 cases of coll. 2 right now, so if you're in the area and need stuff like jarjar and geo. warrior and dex. jettster, check there in the next couple of days, as those haven't been put out yet there. WOOOOOO!!!

haggis
04-29-2002, 03:13 PM
TRU Hamilton has Reeks and lots of Starfighters as of this afternoon. Lots of figures but not a great selection left. Tons of Deluxe also. If you ain't got 'em and want 'em...go get 'em!

fourtwo
04-29-2002, 03:16 PM
i saw this post, or something similar on POTNS, or snowtroopers.ca now i guess.

IcebergSlim
04-29-2002, 03:55 PM
I picked up the Reek & the Jedi Starfighter @ Sears in Mapleview Mall. So the grand total is $350 spent so far on EP2 toys.

fourtwo
04-29-2002, 06:15 PM
thats ludacris.
well, if i had the money to "throw away" i'd have done the same thing
:D

IcebergSlim
04-29-2002, 06:49 PM
22 figures, 4 vehicles and a beast. It adds up...

haggis
04-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
i saw this post, or something similar on POTNS, or snowtroopers.ca now i guess.

Indeed, you happen to frequent my two favourite SW sites! Sorry for the repetition. Just trying to spread the good word to those who may not visit Canada's finest SW site: www.snowtroopers.ca

Later skater

fourtwo
04-30-2002, 12:46 PM
wow he knows i skate.
thats kind of creepy
;)

Bosskman
04-30-2002, 12:52 PM
TRU in Saint John NB had the Reek, Jedi Starfighter, and both speeders today. Too bad I already picked these up in Calais ME on Sunsay. They also had the cool LOTR Cave Troll. I got him too.

jjreason
04-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi. Im wondering if anybody has had any luck at Zellers yet? They're the only game in town here (Prince Rupert) and Ive been patiently waiting in hopes of avoiding ebay. Thanks for any reply.

mabudonicus
05-01-2002, 09:23 AM
I dunno, looks like the failure of 21b did em in. The zellers here still has those "preview" staps for like 19.99 (they're on , I say they're on SALE, son) and it doesn't look like anything is happening there yet. I imagine that it's possible they'll get on once the film comes out and does well, but don't quote me. Anyone else?? As of monday zellers was not "in the game". Sorry. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

billfremore
05-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Got me a Jedi Starfighter last night at TRU.
Man is that ship cool!

fourtwo
05-01-2002, 03:41 PM
got me a cast at the hospital last night.
it sucks!
i'll be having issues grabbing toys for a while

Amanamike
05-01-2002, 07:20 PM
Hey fourtwo any sight of a jedi starfighter in vancouver area???

fourtwo
05-02-2002, 02:54 AM
no, i haven't been out looking latley though.
i broke my wrist and am working a show this weekend, so i been busy. i'll be out looking on mondya with my pay cheque though
:)

MadMitch
05-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I saw the Slave I and Jedi Starfighter at the Zellers at Bayshore in Ottawa along with a small selection of figures and one deluxe. Too bad there wasn't much else but on the bright side they may be better controlling the flow of new stuff as oposed to the flooding that occurred the last time. We can only hope that more stuff will come.