PDA

View Full Version : I officially didn't do it

jedi-cpa
04-23-2002, 08:17 AM
I didn't buy in to the madness.

I actually didn't go. The figs look great, but I know that with the next wave or two, there will be figures they'll release in short supply, vehicles they will only release to certain stores, my "need it" list will only get bigger.

I officially give up.

I am going to stop with 25 years of collecting. I am now going to work my way backwards to fill in the gaps in my collection.

The three things that put me over the top:

$125 Imperial Shuttle FAO exclusive.
Jorg sacul figure. That will show up on the 600th figure poster one day like Vlix did.
and the Special Silver Darth Vader.

This hobby has become a scalper paradise.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Wow... that's pretty bitter. Oh, well... more power to you! I didn't go to the Midnight Madness thing...

I participated in "myself at a K-Mart at 7:00am".

Dryanta
04-23-2002, 08:26 AM
sorry to hear that.If some of us are sucessful with a pettion we've started the star Wars collecting community may get better.Please consider signing it .also Please reconsider your decision.I hate to see folks give up

Taichi
04-23-2002, 09:32 AM
Sad to hear......I never let the speculeeches win.......

just last night, I snagged a Yoda for some kid outta a Scalper's cart......it was fun......

Peace, and I hope you decide to return to the hobby after you fill in your holes (I'm not a completist, and therefore don't really care for any but my favorites)......if you only collect Jedi and Sith, then you usually won't be disappointed.....

187-Maul
04-23-2002, 12:26 PM
well sad to hear that
luckily I only collect what I REALLY want and need for my dioramas since I don't have that much money (still 15) and the prices in europe are much more higher than in the US
but if you want to quit you just do it and save the money for other (and maybe more important) things in life - more power to you