PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone participate in "Morning Mayhem"???

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 10:06 AM
For those who refused to deal with Wal*Mart (due to the usual messiness of the stores) and didn't have a TRU that stayed open late...

Did you participate in a "Morning Mayhem"? I went to my local TRU at 6:30am and stood in line with about 30 people. It was insane. I didn't want most of the figures anyhow, but it was crazy!

I later participated in a "Myself at K-Mart at 7:00am". That was nice... they had a lot of figures that the TRU didn't have (Dexter, Geonosian Warrior, Yoda, Hangar Duel Anakin...). THAT was nice.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 10:11 AM
I just returned from my perosonal "Morning Mayhem." I hit the Wal-Mart near me at about 7:30am, and they were still putting the stuff out on the shelves. It was just me, this other guy, and some nice lady shopping for her son.

The Wal-Mart only had the basic 14, so I stocked up on the ones I wanted out of those. I'll look for Dexter + waves later on.

All in all, I got 12 figures, Slave I, and the Reek. Spent a little more than I wanted, but that's ok.

bobafett07728
04-23-2002, 10:12 AM
I hit a newly constructed WalMart at 6:30AM, and was the lone customer. Didn't much matter because they didn't have squat! Followed it up with a nearby TRU that wasn't open until 8AM, a quick stop by a Kay-Bee (@8:15AM), and completed with a solo tour of K-Mart(@8:30AM.) I had got most of the figures at a midnight TRU, but still was looking for some varients, and a Dooku. The morning mayhem was EXTREMELY laidback in comparison to the midnight madness. If K-Mart just had a better selection, that looked like the place to be. No crowds, and no chaos. . .unfortunately no Dooku's either.

InsaneJediGirl
04-23-2002, 10:30 AM
I went at 6 this morning..but I was the only collector in a jam-packed AOTC section.It was really nice,and I talked to a cashier who told me they had the isle in lock-down until 12 midnight:crazed:

Is it me,or does the display remind you of TPM?

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Yep... but in BLUE! :happy:

wampa ems
04-23-2002, 11:25 AM
I went to wal-mart about 2 hours ago and got everything I wanted.

OC47150
04-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I stopped at Wal Mart, KB Toys and Target on the way into work. At Target and KB, I was the only person. The sales girl at KB had just opened and hadn't even set the merchandise out on the shelves. She let me go through the cases!!! Such joy!!

At Wal Mart, there was one other person looking but I don't think he was buying. I was particularly looking for the TIE bomber and snowspeeder at Wal Mart today, since they hadn't shown up yet. I also bought one Jango Fett. Looked for HD Ani but didn't see him.

CrossWizard
04-23-2002, 01:09 PM
I did, heres how my trek went:

6:30am, drove to TRU, 3 people outside and a sign said Store Opens at 9:00am, so I went to BK and ate some french toast sticks and a shake.

7:00am, K mart opens, walked inside, found a pallet in the toy isle with 4 cases of Collection 1 Wave 1 and Deluxe, checked the pegs, a couple Obi Wans, Jangos and a Super BD, $8.99 each, thanks but no thanks.

Drove back to the mall, 8:00am, KB toys opens, and what do I find? about 3 pegs full of Bosheks, the R2 unit(name slips my mind) and a crapload of Teebos, $9.99 and no Epi 2, wazup wit dat!!??? Bleh.

Then I drove out of the mall parking lot, back to TRU and now around 25 people were there, 45 minutes later they open the store, and booyah, the first 14 figures fill a store front display, along with the Deluxe, 2 Red Troopers and 2 Zams, nothing more(as far as AOTC 3 3/4 are concerned), about 6 pegs of the Preview figs(I guess they didnt sell them until now cause there were like 4 cases), vehicles, sabers, Legos etc. No Jar Jar, or Taun We or Yoda wave. Picked up what I needed, and about 3 Preview Clone troops to make up for the loss of the Red one(snatched from under my grasp!!) and I left, got home, opened my figs, play.....*ehem* posed them a little, then after I realized I was missing the 2 most important ones(Anakin HD and Dookie) I cried myself to sleep.

evenflow
04-23-2002, 01:10 PM
I went last night, this morning was nothing compared to it. There were alot more peole than I expected though.

Evan Nash
04-23-2002, 05:43 PM
My god.

I went at about 8:30am to my local Walmart (they open at 8am)...

I took a look around and they had ALL the new figures except for Anakin, Yoda, Cooku, Zam, and a few others.
They had lots of Dexter, Clone Trooper, the Geo guy, and a few lamers.

I have a bad feeling about the rarity of these guys. I can deal without Yoda and Anakin, but I MUST have Count Dooku.

Pretty disapointing day, but I ended up buying a Boba Fett, Jango Fett (Sneak Preview), and Dick Tracy on DVD for $17!!
I called Walmart and they said they will be releasing more stuff tomorrow morning.
I won't keep my hopes up because I've been told junk before. I went to a LOT of stores today to either find nothing or just figures that I already had.

An even bigger problem is the fact that a lot of stores seemed confused about the release date. One place said they won't release till May 16th, another said the April 29th, and a few others said the 24th.

Sigh. Lucas you bonehead. Quit making this so complicated.

BAH!

The Force was not with me today. Pray for me for tomorrow that I can get at LEAST Dooku. =/

The True Maul
04-23-2002, 06:25 PM
I went To KB and got many toys here incase you want too know what I got:
Count Dooku's Lightsaber
Deluxe Count Dooku
Deluxe Mace Windu
Reek
Plo Koon
Padme Amidala
Shaak Ti
Kit Fitso
Obi Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
Jango Fett (kamino Escape)
Boba Fett
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
R2-D2
This is all my store had plus others My KB didn't get any others I'm really upset. Hopefully I'll go to Toys Rus and get the ones I missed such as Dooku, Yoda

die-jarjar-die
04-23-2002, 06:37 PM
You managed to find all those? Wow I am extremely jealous! After much hunting around my town today I was distraught to discover that Hasbro (in true Hasbro form) had delayed deliveries to most stores, with the exception of Woolworths & Argos! Argos only had Yoda, R2 & Anakin Hangar Duel.
Woolies had Super Battle droid, C3PO, Kit Fisto, Padme & Anakin Peasant disguise & that was it!!!!!

A very disappointing day for me, made all the more worse by the news that the Ep2 soundtrack has had a delayed release also in the UK until next Monday:(

One more grumble before im done............Im not at all impressed with the quality of thse Ep2 figures.....considering the excellent quality of the POTJ line this new wave seem cheap & nasty to say the least. All the pictures that have been shown on the net made the figures appear to be every bit as well sculpted as the POTJ line but upon closer inspection they seem rushed & not well crafted at all it seems as tho hasbro are trying to keep the costs of the figures down not only by removing packins but also by reducing the quality of the toy! & i dont care at all for this new "force action" feature........very tacky!!!

kadamontaga
04-23-2002, 07:14 PM
I have to say that I really like the new sculpts and the paint jobs that i've seen have been consistently good so far. And I love the new action poses, although I'm looking forward to some more neutral resculpts later this year (please please please).
I do have one huge complaint thought - what the hell did they change the plastic for? Its more like rubber than plastic.
Honestly, I had to get a friend to check if some of the figures I picked up had articulation where i thought they did, or if the plastic was just so bendy that I was permanently damaging it!

Overall I have to say that I'm very happy with this line, but I hope they fix the plastic.

die-jarjar-die
04-23-2002, 07:18 PM
lol!! i know wot u mean!!! so how did ur hunt up north go for Ep2 stuff? Hope u had better luck than i!

Sith Vicious
04-23-2002, 07:22 PM
I have mixed feeling on the new stuff. I passed on Anakin Peasant, C3PO, Obi-Wan, Padme, and arena battle droid. I like most of the stuff I did pick up, but Shaak Ti is very dissapointing and the battle droid that comes with deluxe Mace is a joke. Can anybody get this to stand up for more than 2 seconds?

die-jarjar-die
04-23-2002, 07:24 PM
blu tac......always the answer to non standy figures.......lol

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Evan Nash

An even bigger problem is the fact that a lot of stores seemed confused about the release date. One place said they won't release till May 16th, another said the April 29th, and a few others said the 24th.

Sigh. Lucas you bonehead. Quit making this so complicated.

BAH!
=/

Um... what's so complicated about a release date. April 23rd. Don't put the toys on the shelves until April 23rd. April 23rd.

Not exactly rocket science. It's not Lucas' fault the stores don't pay attention.

starwars92590
04-23-2002, 08:03 PM
the soundtrack was delayed,? i found it at my local toys r us!

Jargo
04-23-2002, 08:05 PM
In Birkenhead i went to Woollies and there was not one figure out. An empty aisle end had a sad and lonely card sign saying STAR WARS. I asked a female assistant where all the stuff was and she told me they had an e-mail the night before from head office saying that the stuff was to be delayed until the 28th of April................ I explained that she must surely know that it was the 23rd and that there must have been a typo in the e-mail but she said she knew about the original date and that head office had explicitly told them to hold all stock until the 28th. She then removed the star wars sign and walked off to the back office. :(

Argos had diddly squat and weren't taking delivery until friday of the main stock. and even then it's a pathetic showing.

Crossed the river to TRU Liverpool and found everything bar the deluxe figures which had all been scalped the day before..........
No Dooku, Dexter, Zam or Shaak Ti. And just one Obi-Wan saber. Tons of Geonosians and royal guards. A good spread of everything else, exept for Luminara and Taun We which I bought. I'm off out again tomorrow to see what I can find in surrounding areas. Dexter jettster is my goal. He will be mine by the setting of the sun tomorrow night or there will be mass blood letting...... :crazed:

die-jarjar-die
04-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Good luck with your find Jargo looks like your day was moer productive 7 successful than mine! Do you get the impression that again us UK collectors are going to get over looked? I mean theres not been many positive reports this side of the big pond of ppl finding Dooku!

& well done to starwars92590 for finding the soundtrack.........I went into all my local high street music stores & was told the same sad fact....that it had been postponed until Mon 29th.....perhaps your TrUS had imports??? & btw is it any good?

Jargo
04-23-2002, 08:38 PM
I think the excitement completely confuses the stores. The stuff will show up but at a much slower rate. Dribs and drabs. Tankfully I have tons of Woolies stores in my neck of the woods and I'm between two TRU stores. I haven't checked out the Chester one yet. maybe it might be a good place to start the hunt.
I think there's possibly problems with the shipping of stuff from Hasbro UK. Confusion and delays and mix ups seem to be about normal for them. Woollies are just not a toystore so they can be forgiven for not understanding what all the fuss is about. Argos have gone and done it again with the bundle choice thing - six to collect from but you don't get to choose. I hate that. Especially when they get funny about you wanting to exchange it for one you don't already have.
Noticed the price for the Lego republic gunship, 79.99.... :eek: Scandalous! That's daylight robbery for a few tiny little bricks. I'll be leaving that one where it is in the stockrooms and on the shelves. 28.00 for the coruscant chase set with just the two tiny speeders!!!!! Outrageous! LEGO you should be ashamed of yourselves with such sky high pricings. Truly shocking.

SithDroid
04-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Yes I did participate. I got up early and went to K-Mart, there was no one there, but their prices were high ($6.99) so I left and went to Target and their prices were high ($6.99) as well. Then I went to Wal-Mart and Boo-yeah, the figures were $5.88 and they had a better selection than the other stores even after the whole Wal-Mart Midnite Madness last night. But I didn't find any Yoda, Dooku, or HD Anakin. I only ever ran into one person at a time looking for figures at the same time I was. It wasn't crazy around here at all.

sumdumchum
04-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Well I went to the local Walmart here in Tallahassee at 8:30 am on the 23 and found just about everything I wanted except the Royal Guard, Yoda, Taun We and two others whose name escapes me. I was the only guy going through the pegs and they also had the elusive Tie Bomber along with the Snowspeeder. MINT!! I was going to get the Jango Fett Slave I but I decided to not give in to the urge. I already have Boba Fett's anyway from POTF2. Later I went to another Walmart and found the rest of the wave with the exception of the figures first mentioned. Overall it was a great experience. I was expecting to have to swim through a mob of people to get to the figures but it was not so. Rock on