PDA

View Full Version : What figures are you disappointed in?

QLD
04-23-2002, 10:49 AM
For me, I am not happy with"

Anakin - Peasant Disguise. - The sculpt is horrible. And the 70's lightsaber molded into the arm? Why? He looks like a backstreet boy!Anakin - Peasant Disguise.

Deluxe Mace Windu - I like the figure itself, but NO HOLES in the feet for a stand! I mean, why? Every other figure has them, why not this one?At least the Tyranus and Obi Wan deluxe I understand because of the lame magnets. Now My Mace is foever doomed to lean on a wall.

Obi-Wan Courscant Chase - The magnet in his hand is not strong enough to hold the robot up, such as in the picture. If they are going to put an "action" feature in, at least make sure it works!

SO far that is all that jumps out at me. Let me know what you think.

wampa ems
04-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Royal Guard- Should not have been made with a plastic cape. I would rather see it made with cloth.

bobafett07728
04-23-2002, 10:59 AM
The Anakin Peasant lightsaber is by-far the worst! The metal sabers rule. . .I don't understand why he doesn't have one, especially since he has the "force power" magnet in his hand!!!! The Deluxe Mace isn't that bad. . .not having foot holes does suck. . .but did you look at the Obi-Wan?!?!?!? He looks horrible! He looks like an old man!!! I don't think his saber is removable either (Dooku as well.) And as always. . .C-3PO is just getting worse and worse. . .they should just give up on that one. And what is with the really short force pike with the Royal Guard? Looks sort of beat compared to the older one.

IcebergSlim
04-23-2002, 11:02 AM
The only figure I wish I didn't buy was Anakin. Just bad all around.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 11:03 AM
So far none have truly diappointed me. The ones I know would (Anakin Peasant) I didn't pick up. I have no trouble having my Obi-Wan hold the Droid up.

I have no problem with the Mace cause he can stand on his own. The Kit Fisto, which is my favorite figure so far, has a real hard time standing though.

Beast
04-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Anakin Peasent gets my award for the worst figure out of the 27 that came out today. Just generally bad. I wouldnt have minded him having the slide out saber if it wasn't done so bad. They should have included a second arm in the package for us collectors that don't like the sliding saber.

The Geonosian Warrior I have to be somewhat disapointed in, though he's a great looking figure he has tons of trouble staying standing. And no footpeg holes means no chance of putting him on a stand. Taun We won't stand on her own either, but atleast she has the holes in her feet.

Other then that, I liked pretty much everything else. Though I do hope we get a regular sculpt of Padme: Arena. It's a nice outfit, but I would like one that's not torn and comes with her cape.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 11:16 AM
I was surprised with the Padme Arena figure. I wasn't planning on getting that one, but then I saw it and it really wasn't that bad, IMO. Aside from the Double D cups and the shoulder joint, I thought the sculpt was really good. I haven't opened that one yet though.

Another figure I'm not truly crazy about is the Super Battledroid. Straight out of the package, its fine. But once you try to snap on the chestplate or switch arms, it's not as good.

Beast
04-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I was surprised with the Padme Arena figure. I wasn't planning on getting that one, but then I saw it and it really wasn't that bad, IMO. Aside from the Double D cups and the shoulder joint, I thought the sculpt was really good. I haven't opened that one yet though.
Yeah, I have been reading alot of reports of people actually liking the figure once they actually see it. More proof that you never can judge what the photos on the net show, or the people on the net say. I originally didn't care for Jar Jar's pose, but now that I have him in hand, he's grown on me. He looks like he's just kinda rocking back and forth out of nervousness before his big speech. Hopefully we get the basic posed resculpt of him in his other outfit that was shown in the trailer to stand next to Palpy and Orn Fre Taa. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 11:37 AM
I saw it and I didn't like it. Oh, well. A portion of the figures were really disappointing. Anakin (Peasant)'s head sculpt was good, but the rest of the figure was lame-o.

Best ones...
-Dexter
-Taun We
-Nikto
-Luminara (inspite of her insipid pose)

the Obi-Wan I got holds the droid just fine as well.

CrossWizard
04-23-2002, 11:43 AM
From the ones I bought:

Battle Droid- Might as well flush this piece of crap down the toilet or put it in a stick and eat it over a camp fire cause its so jellowy it falls apart in your hand(advice-Do not, I repeat do not take out the rubber bans on his neck and head)

C3PO- After you put it together it looks mighty disproportioned and as if it ate a couple cases of cottage cheese and it all went straight to his hips.

And the ones I thought would suck but surprised me:

Super Battle Droid- If youre lucky enough to get one that has a perfectly working mechanism and doesnt randomly blow up, its a great figure, nice bulky sculpt.

Mace Windu Deluxe- Beautiful lightsaber hilt, good sculpt and deco, plus the extra Battle Droid is nice, after you crazy glue both halfs together.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I don't see the problem with Obi-Wan. He's standing right here next to my computer, holding the droid above his head and standing fine. I don't know if I like the Obi-Wan or Kit Fisto the best, both are awesome.

Well, I've opened up most of them now, and the only one I'm not totally crazy about is the SuperBattledroid. WIthout the add ons its fine, but the other stuff doesn't work too well.

I really like the Padme figure. She's the sleeper hit in the bunch, IMO.

TikiFett
04-23-2002, 11:46 AM
R2-D2. Why the he** couldn't they simply make is center leg insertable like all the other astromech droids? Lame. I was looking forward to that one too. Didn't even buy him.

rdrunr89
04-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Here is my list of disappointed:

1) Anakin. Same as everyone else, the molded in lightsaber. Looks like some customizing is going to need to be done to be able to create scenes. Also, the gun doesn't stay well in his hand and the magnet doesn't seem really strong, just about has to stand on the box to get it to work

2) Obi-Wan. While the sculpt is good, the giant magnet in the hand is horrible. This is a feature I wish wasn't made. Plus, has anyone else noticed the wobbly head?

3) Padme. While the sculpt is good on this, I don't like the fact that her arm is stuck in one spot with the quick draw action.

The ones i think are good are:

1) Dexter
2) Kit Fisto
3) Jango (except for the grappling hook and rope).

Also, I think Boba looks funny when you put the helmet on him. :D

Thats my thoughts. I'm still missing a few of the figures, only got about 20 last night.

evenflow
04-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Anakin Peasant gets my vote as the worst one.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by rdrunr89
2) Obi-Wan. While the sculpt is good, the giant magnet in the hand is horrible. This is a feature I wish wasn't made. Plus, has anyone else noticed the wobbly head?

...Also, I think Boba looks funny when you put the helmet on him. :D

No wobbly head on MY Obi-Wan...

Boba's like a little kid putting on his dad's suit, hat and shoes that are all too big for him. Kinda funny.

Originally posted by tikifett
R2-D2. Why the he** couldn't they simply make is center leg insertable like all the other astromech droids? Lame.

Tiki... the Artoo can't have a retractable leg because of the electronics. I figured that out before I even saw it in person. :rolleyes:

Taichi
04-23-2002, 12:25 PM
Hmm, my picks for the evening (for the ones I got) go to Hangar Duel Anakin, and Kit Fisto......

with props to Luminara Unduli (My brother says she looks like Oprah Winfrey in "The Color Purple"), and Yoda.....

mabudonicus
04-23-2002, 02:05 PM
I didn't like Typho too much, and outlandish peasant Anakin is pretty lame IMO. C3P0 is a ? too, I bet they make a less "featured", better one of him pretty quick.

derek
04-23-2002, 02:26 PM
taune we is WAY too short.
padme is too tall, to busty, and to pre-posed
obi-wan's hair is too light.
otherwise i have no major complaints.

zam weisel is a million times better than her preview figure.

Jargo
04-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately i picked up a Nikto with a badly molded left foot so he sort of slumps forward like a drunkard :(

Saesee tiin just looks like an old old man getting out of a bath to me, left him hanging on the pegs....

Anakin outland peasant is poopoo in pictures and in the flesh. Picked him up, looked him over and put him back.

never saw a single solitary Padme so someone obviously loves her a heck of a lot right now...... :eek:

Obi-Wan Coruscant chase is hopeless as a figure. i bought it for the droid and then discovered that the pics I have from the movie show the droid to be totally innacurate. It's lying on it's side so Obi- can attach. The side with the ridges down the middle - the bigger side - should be at the top and the round ball thingy painted with red should be on the left hand side. And the magnet works fine on mine. It's strong enough to hold Obi hanging from the droid which is how it's supposed to be used not the other way round with Obi standing holding the droid above his head like a world cup trophy.

Anakin hangar duel is a great looking figure in the flesh but totally ruined by his drop off arm and that stupid frickin' lightsaber wobbling action that's just way too loose and doesn't work at all. but aside from that I'm okay with what i bought. It's the gimmicks that suck not the figures. :)

QLD
04-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who didnt like the Anakin.

The deluxe figures all suck too. I wish the Mace had been better. I should have stuck with my old rule, which was to not buy deluxe figures. Oh well. Live and learn.

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 03:17 PM
The Anakin Peasant Disguise is hands down the worst figure of this line to date. I thought we had done away with the big lightsaber permanently attached to the hand a long time ago.

I think the Obi-wan is pretty bad. I love the lightsaber. I think the head sculpt is even pretty decent. Even the fact that he can reach up and hang onto the little assassin droid is pretty good.

But why is he LEFT HANDED??

I would like this figure a lot more if his RIGHT HAND was molded to hold the lightsaber and his left hand had the goofy magnet in it. That magnet is huge too! Looks like he has a clay skeet in his hand or something.

It seems as if almost all the figures have at least one flaw.

Oh well. Thankfully-- Hasbro will make at least 10 variations of this figure before all is said and done.

LTBasker
04-23-2002, 03:44 PM
Well so far I've only been able to open 6, I'm thinking about opening R2 though, his card got torn on the way home so it's not much for a carded collection.

Anyways, he's my list of dissapointments:
Padme
Anakin
Kit
Boba Fett (Not very interesting...)
Battle Droid
Red Guard (Good figure, it's just he's too mushed into the bubble so his robes get bent)
Count Dooku - Gimmick fries the chance of being able to posistion his waist so he's in a better pose and the lack of the wrist articulation on his left arm causes an impossibility of a good 2-saber attack pose. Plus I'd like to see someone take the green lightsaber out of it's tray without bending the blade.

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 03:55 PM
I thought it was interesting how the figures were packaged. Rather than put a piece of tape over a lightsaber or something, the bubble for the figure now has a mean of holding it. I like that.

I keep an x-acto knife handy and just cut the little plastic bubble up-- things come out really easy that way. This was a must with the HD Anakin who seemed to be literally weaved into the plastic bubble.

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Anyways, he's my list of dissapointments:
Padme
Anakin
Kit
Boba Fett (Not very interesting...)
Battle Droid
Red Guard (Good figure, it's just he's too mushed into the bubble so his robes get bent)
Count Dooku - Gimmick fries the chance of being able to posistion his waist so he's in a better pose and the lack of the wrist articulation on his left arm causes an impossibility of a good 2-saber attack pose. Plus I'd like to see someone take the green lightsaber out of it's tray without bending the blade.

Lol, gosh LTB, didn't you like *any* of them? :p

Seriously though, I've liked almost all of the ones I bought. Kit Fisto is GREAT even though I seriously want to fix his legs somehow.

I wasn't sure about Obi Wan until I realized how well his magnet actually worked, then I was more impressed. Still can't wait to get Pilot Obi though.

R2-D2 - AWESOME. I seriously don't give a poop whether his leg retracts; I already have one that does that. The electronics were totally well done IMO.

My only REAL dissappointment is actually just an error on my beloved Nikto Jedi. The hole in his lightsaber hilt is TOO BIG!!! His force thing and his sazber blade both fall out! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I might just get another one.

Overall I was more impressed with the figures once I saw them all in person. I'm not upset about any of the ones I bought, although I seriously hope that I can find a dang HD Anakin soon because I bought his speeder and I REFUSE to buy an ugly little peasant Anni to go with it.:mad:

manji
04-23-2002, 04:47 PM
The new battle droid is crap! I thought the Super Battle Droids looked horrible in pictures, but now that I have one out of the package, I think they look alright. I don't really have a problem with Peasant Anakin, I actually think it's kind of cool. The battle droid totally sucks, though.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 05:02 PM
I found that if you leave on the little rubber band things, and use them on stands, the battledroids are pretty decent. With such a thin frame though, you can't expect much. I like him tons better than the TPM one though.

QLD
04-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Love your tagline manji. From Raising Arizona right? Funn, I was just saying that last night while looking for a Yoda.

Lord Tenebrous
04-23-2002, 05:44 PM
I dunno, seeing the display for the first time is cool, just so much...stuff. But you look closer, and you realize that there are maybe three or four figures that had effort put into them, and not just manufactured. And then the ones that actually look good, most of them are so tiny you feel like you're buying Godiva chocolate of something. And Hasbro isn't that standard in either reputation or quality.

I feel bad for stores who bought a lot of this crud. Even the Super Walmarts who got way too much (There must be about 100 each of Collection 1 Wave 1 at the store I went to this morning).

Maybe by the time Ep3 rolls around, these figures will be $3.97 like they should be...

I'm really just disappointed that there is no standout figure. If one has a good sculpt, it's brought down by gimicks. And if one looks like it might be fun, I'm turned away by the awful paint job. :(

die-jarjar-die
04-23-2002, 05:54 PM
well considering in my town we've only had 5-6 of the 1st wave of figures released its kinda hard to judge...........

The pictures on th web had me in high hopes for this line...

then I saw them in their full hideous glory! I made the mistake of buying the Anakin Peasant disguise out of pure excitement that the wave had been released...once opened the TRUE HORROR of what i had wasted my money on dawned on me...By far THE worst figure I have ever had the misfortune of purchasing..he even makes the inital POTF2 heavy weights look great!

Obi Wan coruscant chase is ok figure..not too keen on the magnet & his inability to hold the damn droid properly but other than that cant grumble..better than Ep1 fig anyways :>

But my main concern with the line is not the figures themselves but the terribly cheap & nasty quality of the figure.....Which is a real shame coz Hasbro had just about got it sorted with the POTJ line ( a stunning array of figures) & now....bad pint jobs...rough plastic cuts....bad detailing & dodgy add in effects (Anakins spinning saber hand anyone??????) A real shame......hopefully in about 2 years theyl hav got the line sorted & be able to remold the entire Ep2 line & like suckers we'll buy them

A digruntled SW fan :(:(:(

LONG LIVE LORD OF THE RINGS!

Sith Vicious
04-23-2002, 06:36 PM
I passed on Obi-Wan, Anakin Peasant, Padme, C3PO, and arena battle droid as they all looked crappy to me. There were about ten figures I couldn't find, but of the ones I did actually buy, Shaak Ti was the only one I really hated. Ugly figure, with essentially no articulation. Even though it has joints, you can barely move them. The battle droid that came with deluxe Mace was also complete junk, but that's no surprise.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Deluxe Mace Windu - I like the figure itself, but NO HOLES in the feet for a stand! I mean, why? Every other figure has them, why not this one?At least the Tyranus and Obi Wan deluxe I understand because of the lame magnets. Now My Mace is foever doomed to lean on a wall.

Obi-Wan Courscant Chase - The magnet in his hand is not strong enough to hold the robot up, such as in the picture. If they are going to put an "action" feature in, at least make sure it works!

HEY, I think you've uncovered another variation; my Deluxe Mace HAS peg holes in his feet!
...and dude, Obi-Wan isn't supposed to hold the droid up. The droid is supposed to hold HIM up. Mine works great! Still, I would've preferred a regular hand instead of the magnet, but it looks pretty good if you put his lightsaber in that hand.

The only figure I'm kinda disappointed in is Saesee Tiin. His pose looks like he's attempting some kind of modern interpretive dance! Plus, the wash the used on his face looks really muddy. The bulky C-3PO I can live with, but would've preferred at normal looking version. Guess I'll have to wait for the Deluxe 3PO!

bigbarada
04-23-2002, 07:27 PM
I went to Wal-Mart expecting to buy at least 5 or 6 figures but several just did not live up to my expectations. The only ones I ended up buying this morning were Hangar Duel Anakin (my current favorite figure) and Dexter (cool giant chunk of plastic).

Others I thought about getting were:

Super Battle Droid (picked him up right off, but when the later figures started showing up I put him back and forgot about him)

Clonetrooper (still think they need to do a better job on that helmet sculpt)

Yoda (impossible to find one with a good paint job, and the fact that I only found him at K-Mart where they were $7 each I decided to pass until I can find a better one)

Geonosian Warrior (just looked very tiny and unsubstantial in that massive bubble)

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 07:59 PM
The only one I'm very disapointed in is the Yoda figure. The shade of green is way too dark!!

Beast
04-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
The only one I'm very disapointed in is the Yoda figure. The shade of green is way too dark!!
Be on the look out for a new version that is shipping now as well of the Yoda, jedihunter. There is a dark green one, and the more correct light green one. Currently the light green one is harder to find. Good luck. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
04-23-2002, 08:28 PM
ok in my opinion, i like the 3PO, i also have a like for the Hanger Duel Anakin what i don't like that much is no one, that i have at least, i love all of them except dexter couldv had more articulation.

manji
04-23-2002, 08:52 PM
QLD, it is from Raising Arizona...one of the classics. Wolfwood319, I didn't remove any rubberbands, but the way the plastic is on my BD it looks like it is pigeon-toed and bow-legged at the same time. The joints are loose as well, and it leans terribly to the left no matter how I position it.
BTW, some of you may try this. I went to MM at Wal-Mart last night and picked up most of the figures. When I went to K-Mart to pick up some additional figures not found at midnight, I showed them my WM receipt and the price-matched....$5.88 instead of $6.99! It's worth a shot for the rest of you.

jlw
04-23-2002, 09:46 PM
I was disappointed that my Wal-Mart did not have all the figures available. According to the nice woman in the toy department, several cases of figures are marked May 1st. So they will not put them out until then for the upcoming sale. Here is the run down of figures my local Wal-Mart had:
Anakin Outland Peasant
Padme
Obi-Wan
C-3P0
Kit Fisto
Super Battle Droid
Battle Droid
Jango Fett
R2-D2
Clone Trooper
Zam Wessell
Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel
Yoda
Jar Jar Binks
Deluxe Obi-Wan
Deluxe Mace
Deluxe Jango Fett

The main figures I was disappointed in are:

First R2-D2, I love the droid, but was so disappointed that it was simply a re-hashed electronic R2 with new legs.

Padme, I totally love the sculpt, but the action arm thing is just terrible.

I actually like the vintage saber thing on Anakin.

I really wish Hasbro would drop all the action stuff, and just go back to regular figures with weapons

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 09:50 PM
I also heard of the some cases not being put out until 5/1. If you look at Hasbro's site, they have a lot of release dates of figures being listed at 5/1.

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 09:55 PM
The Obi-Wan Coruscant I have doesn't hold the droid above his head at all, but if I hold the droid, Obi-Wan hangs off of it just fine.

I didn't buy most of the figures, but of the ones I did buy, I'm only really disappointed in C-3PO. Half his panels are sculpted to the body (all the "rear" ones and the codpiece one), the head panel is cracked and splitting, and the chest panel doesn't look good on him at ALL.

Dar' Argol
04-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Here's my dissapointments:

Shaak Ti - I am one who really does like the static pose figures and I don't know why. So I was really excited today when I opened my other Shaak Ti. Then I got to her arms. They are make out of the same soft plactic crap that SP Zam's rifle and the SP Clone troopers rifle was made out of. I thought her arms were going to melt in my hands. Boo Hasbro!

Anakin(Hanger Duel) - I was excited about this fig. WAS. The hand that twirls is sculpted really bad on mine. Looks like they stuck a hunk of plastic on his arm and carved it right there! And it can't hold the lightsaber right. I twirl his hand around and the lightsaber goes flying and pokes someone's eye out!!

I passed on opening the Outland Ani, knew I was going to hate it. And Padme I'm still not really sure about.

Chase Obi I have no problems with the magnet. I hung the droid up with some fighing wire and I have Obi hanging from it. Now if you hit it he will fall, but he's been hanging from my ceiling since last night and he was still there after I got home from work. Looks pretty cool too!

I love all the metal lightsabers!! Every fig that had one I got doubles to open. I think that was one of the best things Hasbro could have added to the Jedi/Sith/Dark Jedi. I'd love to see a vader and Maul with metal lightsabers. No need for magnets though, just give me the saber!!