PDA

View Full Version : Lott Dodd & Nute Gunray Hologram??

rdrunr89
04-23-2002, 11:43 AM
This was on the Official Star Wars site. The release date is showing 12/1/02 which means there is no official date. This is from the Cargo Net collecting area.

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/341/20-10

evenflow
04-23-2002, 12:17 PM
If you actually click on them, and then to the fan club link it gives you a list of all the exclusives, with them being one of them.

Stormtrooper - Troop Builder Set
12" Plo Koon
12" Ki-Adi-Mundi
Endor Rebel Soldier - Troop Builder Set
Lott Dodd and Nute Gunray - Hologram

wampa ems
04-23-2002, 02:27 PM
IMO, this is just a way for Hasbro to make some money off of the dead Episode 1 line.

fourtwo
04-23-2002, 02:58 PM
i have been wanting a lott dodd for so long now. its kinda lame that it will be a holographic one and that i probably won't be able to get it anyways

Lord Malakite
04-23-2002, 03:20 PM
I believe the holographic part only applies to Nute. Lott will most likely be normal.

droidekas2
04-23-2002, 03:37 PM
I hope he isnt made as a hologram. I have been wanting him for a long time. Im just glad he is being made, fan club exclusive or not. Nute holo will be cool to.
Now for Daultry Dofine, I want my stunted slime

evenflow
04-23-2002, 04:26 PM
I was figuring he was not going to be a hologram version.

neimoidian85
04-23-2002, 04:36 PM
He won't be hologram: Lott was never seen as a hologram.

Jargo
04-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Oh yes! Another Daultay Dofine fan :D I reckon if they made the Lott Dod figure holographic I'd just paint it myself. Maybe it wouldn't be the best looking figure but it's be better than a hunk of see - through junk. They should have done Lott Dod and Daultay Dofine as a 2-pack. The last two significant Neimoidians. Then a Tey How figure. I reckon they only stopped doing the Neimoidians because of the backlash about the accents and stuff. The ceased to be a viable proposition probably. Pity they didn't take the same attitude with Jar Jar.
I can't see the point of Hologram figures unless they're the size of the Sidious one that's packing with Dooku. They just look stoopid in the regular figure size. All those wal mart ones looked bloody daft and so did the prototype Amidala senate gown one.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by wampa ems
IMO, this is just a way for Hasbro to make some money off of the dead Episode 1 line.

You're right! It's also a way for us to get two of the figures from Ep. 1 that a lot of us have been hoping for for a LONG time!:D

DarthMaulSithLord
04-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I can't see the point of Hologram figures unless they're the size of the Sidious one that's packing with Dooku.

Not all holograms are small. Remember Sidious in TPM? ESB?

:rolleyes:

Jargo
04-23-2002, 07:47 PM
And the Emperor in ESB. Yes i know that but what i mean is that they look better small. The holo Leia with R2 looked good and the Sidious with Dooku looks like it'll be fine. I hope we get Obi and Mace ones too. It just seems a more natural size to have a holo projection. They look soft with articulation too. I know Obi moves around within his holo message in AOTC but mostly it's just people standing still conversing. It would seem that that's the etiquette for a holo transmission in the star wars galaxy. It's a personal taste thing. I just think they look better smaller. :)

Beast
04-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Last I heard about the 2-pack, is that the Lott Dod is the standard E1 version that wasn't release, and it won't be holographic. There is just some confusion, due to the name. Hopefully they do a good job on these. Can't wait to see them.

Oh and Jargo, I'm with ya on the Daulty Dofine figure, I have been wanting that "stunted piece of slime" for ages, ever since I saw the movie. Heck, if they don't think he will sell well in the stores, the fan club could give us both him an Tey How in a 2-pack. I would buy a few of those. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 08:56 PM
Now we need a senate chamber playset, to go along with all these cool new senate figures!

I always liked the idea of having a main post that consists of the supreme chancellor's "pod" and then you can have smaller senate pods connect to these "arms" that extend from the main post.

Kids could recreate their own pity squabling delegate committee hearings, how cool!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-24-2002, 01:27 PM
Yay!!! Make them Hasbro!!!

:p

bobafett07728
04-24-2002, 01:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned they should make ALL of the characters, no matter how insignificant they were in the movie, and stop remaking main characters in the same friggin' outfit. That is what the customizers are for!!!! It ****es me off that they make multiple Luke in Tatooine, and just add little trinkits to make it "New and Improved!" I think the latest Han took the cake. . .lets just resculpt the original Han and strap a Stormtrooper belt to him. . .and . . .viola! a "new" figure. If they have to sell them through "fan only" markets like the fan club. . .so be it. . . you know we'll buy them! I'm waiting for the day there will be enough characters made that you can create the entire saga in stop-action photography starring your figure collection. OK. . .so maybe I don't really want to do that. . .but I think you get my point. . .bring on that "stunted slime" Daultry Dofine!!!!!

broctoon
04-24-2002, 01:38 PM
What do they mean by "troop builder set" for the stormtrooper and Endor Rebel Trooper? And has anyone seen a pic of what the Stormtrooper will be like yet? Just wondering.

bobafett07728
04-24-2002, 01:41 PM
The only pics I've seen is of the generic white box that they will come in. . .good question though. I sure hope they aren't four identical figures. . . let's keep are fingers crossed!!

rdrunr89
04-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Broctoon,

The Troop builder sets will contain 4 troopers. I've seen the stormtroopers and they are ComTech troopers, two with long blaster rifles and two with the standard stormtrooper rifle.

Taichi
04-24-2002, 02:33 PM
So what if Episode I is dead???

it was a FANTASTIC line (Like it or not) with a LOT of great, new characters!!!

I still love it, and still collect it......there's several figures I never got, and am still looking for (Even pegwarmers, such as Valorum, Sidious, Watto, etc.).....

so, it still keeps it fun!

and I'm still waiting for my "Lando-In-Han's-Duds-End-Of-ESB-Outfit"

Jargo
04-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Wolfwood, wouldn't a senate playset be more like a teach your kids politics toy? Unless they stage a revolution or there's an assasination attempt I can't see the senate chamber being a exciting prospect to kids so Big H won't chuck one out. But i like your idea as a feasible solution. A central podium that has attachable pods on see through arms so you can have a few floating around. that'd actually look really cool to be honest. The more I think about it the more I like it.

The other Neimoidian we might get one day is the one from the nightclub scene. he's just behind Anakin as he searches the place for Zam. And as there's a rumour of a couple of nightclub alien 2-packs sometime..... oh, we can hope that the neimoidian makes it to the top of the list. he's the one featured in the On Location video segments talking to Ach Med-Beq - I mean Ahmed Best :)

brentfett
04-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Isn't Nute or some other Neimoidian supposed to be on Geonosis with Count Dooku?

bobafett07728
04-24-2002, 03:04 PM
Some Nemoidian 12" would be cool too. I think 100% of all characters made into the 4" line. . . and maybe 30% made ito the 12" line. I think that would be reasonable. . .lol.

Beast
04-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Isn't Nute or some other Neimoidian supposed to be on Geonosis with Count Dooku?
Yep, Nute and atleast one other Neimodian are with Count Dooku on Geonosis. According to the Visual Dictionary, his name is "Gilramos Libkath". His outfit is similar to Lott Dod's from E1, other then the hat. Speaking of hats, I don't really care for Nute's new hat, at all. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafett07728
04-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Yeah. . . that is pretty silly looking. . . wouldn't it be funny if someone would grab it off his head and run around with it like Dr. Evil did in Austin Powers II? Ok. . .its a funny thought, but it would absolutely SUCK in the movie.

Jargo
04-24-2002, 03:29 PM
mmmmmmmyeeeeeeeeeees............ ;)

Gilramos Libkath also has a very stupid hat. But his face looks more like Daultay Dofine than Lott Dod. Lott Dod looks really severe but Gilramos looks sort of simpering and useless like Daultay. I don't want a new Nute figure I want the other Neimoidians because they seem more interesting quite frankly. Tons more personality to them. Nute is plain old dull.

there's also the episode one neimoidians seen hanging around at the palace during the occupation scenes. The baldy ones. They were just weird looking and the palenes of them made them seem more like a Duro than a Neimoidian.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Yep, Nute and atleast one other Neimodian are with Count Dooku on Geonosis. According to the Visual Dictionary, his name is "Gilramos Libkath". His outfit is similar to Lott Dod's from E1, other then the hat. Speaking of hats, I don't really care for Nute's new hat, at all. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dammit, watch out with those spoilers will ya!

:frus:

RooJay
04-24-2002, 04:48 PM
This forum contains spoilers! That's why there is a warning posted. If you're trying to avoid them, then this is probably the wrong forum to be reading in. No offense.

Beast
04-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Dammit, watch out with those spoilers will ya! :frus:
That's hardly a spoiler, the charecter of Nute Gunray even appears on the official cast list, on the official site. Man, I can't wait til this movie opens, so we don't have to have this discussion again. We're in the Saga forums, it's a hotbed of spoilers. This one is such a minor spoier, it can't even be considered one. So, he's in the movie? So what? That's like saying that Anakin Skywalker is in the movie, and he's become a jedi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
04-24-2002, 07:51 PM
This started out as a non-E2 topic, so you should let people know when you post a spoiler.

:(

RooJay
04-25-2002, 04:48 PM
At this point Hasbro's Saga Line consists almost entirely of Ep. 2 figures. The spoiler warning was already posted by Jedi Tricks on the main page of this forum. Sorry.