PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jettster.....

TikiFett
04-23-2002, 12:53 PM
OK call me lame I don't care, but I never even heard of this guy until today. I found just 1 of these guys out of several hundred figures looked at so I snatched him up. Good find, yes? Heck I bought him just because I couldn't find another one! Well... he is cool looking too.

2-1B
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
He's my favorite so far. I like the detail on his shirt, and the towel in his back pocket is a nice little touch. Although I do wish he could be posed like the pic on the card, with his arms to the back. :)

He was next to Taun We on the pegs, that's quite a contrast in size. :D

evenflow
04-23-2002, 01:05 PM
I have to say that he is one of the nicer figures. I really like him alot. Great job Hasbro with him.

jdmarlow
04-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Hello all,

I have been hearing that this guy is rare with and without a background, but I found him and about 500 more geonosians at TRU Times Square.

-JD

bobafett07728
04-23-2002, 01:11 PM
He wasn't as tough a find around me either (NJ), but the version with background was extremely tough, I only saw a handful.

Tycho
04-23-2002, 01:26 PM
He's got to be one of my favorite AOTC figures!

LTBasker
04-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Wasn't hard to find him, I found background versions of the Geonosian Warrior and Dexter at 2 Wal-Marts while I found non-background versions at TRU.

TikiFett
04-23-2002, 02:45 PM
What is the difference in backrounds and non-backgrounds? Want to know which one I have.

scruffy_lookin'
04-23-2002, 03:17 PM
background = paper insert behind fig (taking up bubble space) that was in some runs but then Hasbro decided not to have them (I think the card looks worse with them). These are the more rare ones, though.

QLD
04-23-2002, 03:53 PM
I threw all my backgrounds away. They look crappy.

I don't care much for variants anyway since I open everything.

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 04:02 PM
All of the stores in my area that bothered to put out that wave had many of him, as well as the Geonosian. A lot of the stupid stores around here didn't bother to put out more than the first two case assts.

I can't find my Anakin Hangar or Dooku or Yoda because the staff is too lazy... :(

bigbarada
04-23-2002, 08:40 PM
What's the deal with the pipe pictured with Dexter on the back of the card? Did anyone's figure actually come with a pipe accessory?

Aside from that little bit of confusion, he is definitely one of the best figures of the new line!

Dryanta
04-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey Big B.Could you clarify on the pipe question?My Dexter has the clever,Knife and a small pronged thing.I don't see a Piece of pipe or what I'd call a smoking pipe on my card any where.Sorry disregard the question.I see it now in the side of mouth and mine did not come with it.Sorry again

Jargo
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
they must have decided to ditch the smoking thing as it sets a bad example. Shame, he looked cool with his pipe. That was what sold him to me in the first place. Oh well, can't have everything... Just wish i'd found him. :(

Dryanta
04-23-2002, 09:05 PM
yeah Jargo,thinking about it you're right.Hasbro wouldn't want to be blamed for promoting smoking.severed limbs and heads is O.K. but not smoking:D

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 10:47 PM
Dex is my favorite ep 2 figure so far, great neutral pose, nice accessories (not counting the electro-effect), and I have mine pointing his smaller knife at the "saber dart" that he's investigating while holding the larger cleaver in a lower hand. Nice paint, looks cool, pretty big, I think this will be the best figure to come out for a while.

Plus, the TRU I went to last night had a ton of this figure, so I got to pick the best one of the lot (a bunch of them had gappy waists or paint slop).