PDA

View Full Version : UK - What did you find 4/23?

kadamontaga
04-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone,
Hope you all found what you were looking for today (or last night, lucky buggers).
We've (me and girlfriend) have had a brilliant day, so if you didn't find what you were looking for, this may sting a little...

We went to Toys R Us in Derby, Toys R Us in Nottingham, Woolworths in Derby and Nottingham, and Forbidden Planet in Nottingham and The Entertainer (we also tried "Another World" in Derby, but they had nothing).

We saw everything on the basic figure checklist at Toys R Us except:
Royal Guard
Zam Wessel
Count Dooku
(but we didn't see Shaak Ti in TRU - that was at Forbidden Planet)

We also saw all the vehicles, none of the 12" and Jango and OB1 from the Deluxe line.

So TRU is pretty much all you need.
From TRU we bought the following:
Taun We
Tusken Lass
Dexter
Clone Trooper x2
Yoda
Luminara
Nikto
Captain Typho
25th Anniversary Obi and Vader (£9.99 at TRU and bloody great)

The rest of the figures weren't overly impressive (we thought the Anakins were pretty crappy). But Saesee and Plo looked a lot better in person.

How did all the other Ukers get on?

Darth Evil
04-23-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm not actually in the UK, but I'm close enough. I found Kamino Jango, Tatooine Anakin and Coruscant Obi-Wan in a toy shop near me last Saturday. You found all them?? You were very fortunate!

Jargo
04-23-2002, 02:56 PM
Royal guard x4
geonosian warrior x4
tusken female x2
Captain typho
taun We
Anakin Hangar duel
Kit Fisto
Luminara
Nikto Jedi
Boba fett
jango fett
anakin speeder
Zam speeder
Reek

All found at Liverpool TRU. Woolworth's birkenhead had not one thing on show today. When i asked they said they had an e-mail yesterday telling them not to put anything out until the 28th. So not one toy was out. Apparently Liverpool had all their stuff out yesterday but as I filled my boots with all but Zam Dooku and Dexter at TRU I think i did fairly well off my personal want list. I'll pick those up at some later date when the credit card feels a bit better. :)

kadamontaga
04-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Strange news about Woolies.
As I said, we went to 2 TRU and 2 Woolworths today. TRU had almost everything (see above) but woolworths only had the following:
Anakin Peasant
Obi
R2
Jango Kamino
C-3

Maybe one or two others as well, but you get the idea.
Please keep us updated if and when the situation with woolies changes.

mightywhelk
04-24-2002, 03:08 AM
TRU in Norwich had almost everything except for Dooku (unsurprisingly). I got hold of :

Luminari Unduli
C3P0
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Clone Trooper
Anakin (Hanger Duel)
Super Battle Droid
Deluxe Darth Tyrannus

I'm going back today to pick up a couple more as I found some money in the sofa.

Jargo
04-24-2002, 07:36 AM
Just picked up Super battle droid from TRU in Chester. They had cases and cases of them. Also the royal guard in reasonable numbers. No Shaak Ti or Dooku or Dexter though. Managed to get my Dexter from a small store locally who had very limited stock of everything due to the crap way Hasbro has treated the smaller retailer by only shipping half of stock ordered to them. This means many people who ordered stuff from small stores and online stores will not have their full orders shipped out. I've heard disgruntled retailers saying yet again that Hasbro has stuffed up and that they are thinking of backing out of star wars altogether. This doesn't look good guys unless Hasbro get their act together and ship more stock in better mixes we could lose more outlets soon. Which will leave the big stores yet again who have a crappy stocking policy. But Hasbro are to blame for us not finding stuff. Liverpool TRU had all the Geonosians yesterday but no super battle droids, which were all shipped to Chester. This means that they get the stuff in but just ship any old cases out without bothering to make sure that the cases have a good mix. Also Hasbro are shipping solid cases of stuff like the super battle droid not mixed cases like we've heard about. Found one case which I opened in Chester that contained x2 anakin outland peasant, x2 Padme arena and the rest was solid royal guards. I don't call that a mixed case do you? It's madness alright but not the right kind. A very slapdash start to it all. disappointing eh?

Darth Evil
04-25-2002, 01:54 PM
You lot have been lucky, I really want a few Royal Guards, Boba and, obviously, Dooku. I'm going to make a longer search tomorrow. I really want Boba, to stand beside Jango.

odb
04-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Well I went into my local Woolworths, I was unimpressed. There was about 60 Jango Fetts (do you think Hasbro thinks he'll sell well or something?), a few Anakins and a few Obi Wans put not a lot else. Nothing like the selection everyone is describing elsewhere. I guess I'll have to go further afield to find all of them (well everyone except Jango).

kadamontaga
04-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Other than Chester and Liverpool have there been any other sightings of the Royal Guard?

Darth Evil, if you still can't find him after the weekend I might be able to check TRU for a Boba. Let me know by email if you'd like to arrange anything. kadamontaga@yahoo.co.uk

jedi_uk73
04-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Went to Brighton TRU today, only chance of getting out since 23rd.

Missed out on a few figures but I managed to get;

Obi Wan - Cor Chase
Anakin - OPD
C-3PO
R2-D2
Jango - Kamino
Super Bat Droid
Kit Fisto
Padmè
Geonosian Warrior
Plo Koon
Boba
Battle Droid
Female Tusk Raider

They also had vehicles ; Slave 1, speeders, Starfighter & reek beast.

Didn't bother with those, going to collectors fair soon so may find them cheaper. Plus they won't have those TRU barcode stickers on them (yuk)

kadamontaga
04-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Not sure if this is worth poasting or not, but I got a Hangar Duel Anakin and an R2 at Argos in Derby today. £5.99 each.
It looks like they're also stocking Kamino Jango, Yoda and someone else (i forgot who).
I haven't opened the Anakin yet, but I love the R2. In fact, i think i'll press the button again now.

Yep, that was great.

Jargo
04-26-2002, 01:03 PM
It's possible that Woolworth's were penalised for putting stock out early as someone phoned Hasbro to inform them. I know who it was and I won't crack on about it but let's just say it was an online dealer who thinks they belong somewhere - up there. The sharp will get the cryptic clue but the eager won't get their toys for a whole more week from Woolies because he ratted. Shame on you. :mad:

Toys R Us wil be getting their stock replenished on a fortnightly basis from a report at the private universe. So if nothing you want shows up now keep checking back to see what comes in afresh. new figures will be spread out between now and July.

Here's what TPU reported:

I have just finished a lengthy conversation with an Official Source regarding a number of current affairs.

We have all been asking where Dooku, Shaak Ti and Zam Wesell are, well I have the answers to this and more figure releases...

Zam Wesell - Early May
Dooku - End of May
Shaak Ti - End of June/early July

Some previous reports posted about future stock for TRU... e.g.

Elephant Man
Chewbacca and C3-PO
Han Solo
Darth Vader Bespin
Luke Bespin
Jango Fett
Geonosian and Massiff

These are due to arrive between now and July as stated, turning up every couple of weeks. So regular visits to TRU and other stores is a must!

Good news eh?

Darth Evil
04-26-2002, 01:32 PM
I went looking in a few more shops today, all I saw were the same three, at exactly the same prices! One comic shop had a Super Battle Droid(at double the price), all the others had been snatched up. None of the first waves in the toy shops are moving at all, seems I'm the only collector in this whole city that checks normal toy shops! I might buy that Peasant Anakin out of unhappiness!