PDA

View Full Version : Episode II sets available in Sweden!

Sweden
04-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi there all and long time no see... Iíve been taking some time off from the Internet and this forum due to life in general but today Iím back with some rather good news from Sweden as the Episode II sets were available here at toy stores yesterday on Monday the 22nd of April.

I managed to buy/find following sets on the display stand:

7103 Jedi Duel.
7113 Tusken Raider Encounter.
7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit.
7143 Jedi Starfighter (Been available for a while and I already had that one).
7153 Jango Fettís Slave 1.
7163 Republic Gunship.
8011 Technic Jango Fett.

The only set that werenít available yet was 8012 Super Battle Droid but itíll probably arrive in a few days time or so as the toy store I buy my stuff at usually get small shipments of new sets at first and usually with one new set missing only to get larger shipments later on.

The over all impression I got from the new Episode II sets was that they were rather well done by LEGO but after building, so far, Jango Fettís Slave 1 and the Bounty Hunter Pursuit System sets Iím rather sceptic about a few things but Iíll get back to that in my reviews later.

Stay tuned for more.

Kindest regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

By the way... So far it has been quite un-usual that we get sets here in Sweden at the same time as you guys in the US of A do as we always have gotten them three to four months after they have been released over at your side of the pond but this time we were real lucky.

Itís really strange since Swedenís so very close to Denmark...

2-1B
04-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Welcome back Sweden, I'm glad you found your way back here. :)

I've seen all of the new sets so far except for the Slave I (I've only been to one store so far . . . twice :D ) All I bought so far is the Jedi Duel and the Tusken sets. I plan to buy the Bounty Hunter Pursuit, just not for a little while yet. I look forward to your review on that one.
I've not opened either of my sets, so I can't comment yet - but will eventually.

I also saw the new Ultimate Yoda, that's a cool looking set. But at the $100 price tag, I don't feel the urge to buy it. Maybe some day ;)

JetsAndHeels
04-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Hey Sweden!! Glad to hear from you again!!
I have seen all of the LEGO sets here as well.
I like them all except the Technic Jango Fett. I dont think it really does him justice. Just doesnt look like him too much.
I am VERY impressed with the Slave I (much nicer than the first one IMO), and the Republic Gunship. I will have to get the Gunship later either when I have the money to burn or if the pricetag goes down some.
Good to hear from you again Sweden!!