PDA

View Full Version : Jango's Grappling hook & string question??

mabudonicus
04-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have any ideas as to a good "storage" position for this accesory?? I got the figure and once I opened him the trouble started. Looks like they used P-shop on the package, but how bout real life?? Any Ideas?? WOOOOOOOO!!!! What a great day!!!!

wampa ems
04-23-2002, 02:22 PM
I just wrap it around the jetpack.

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 02:22 PM
The "claw" attaches onto his arm. My main problem is with the "rope" for the grappling hook. For the meantime, I have simply wrapped the rope around Jango's jetpack.

Jargo
04-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Try cutting it off like I plan to. I'm preferring the thought of him without it. So I'm taking a big old exacto knife and slicing the whole lot off. Not the solution you were looking for I bet but it's just one more alternative suggestion for ya matey. :happy:

QLD
04-23-2002, 02:55 PM
I decided to have mine use it. He is currently repelling up the side of my bookcase while shooting at the preview Jango which is firing back at him. I haven't arranged my figures yet. That's just kinda how it turned out. Neat-o.

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 02:56 PM
For me, that's my absolute favorite part of the figure! :) I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it's literally the first string/rope accessory I have seen with a figure since the late 80's that some idiot didn't attach to a HUGE springloaded something-or-other.

*sigh* it takes me back to the good ole days of GIJoe. No springs to be found anywhere in that line... well until it started sucking in the 90's;)

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Now you are making me want to wax nostalgic about the old GI Joe who was the rock climber.. He came with a way cool pair of grappling hooks....

I like it that he has such a simple mechanism for the grappling hook as well.

CrossWizard
04-23-2002, 04:14 PM
I just posed him pulling the Deluxe Mace Windu by the shooting arm, and it looks awesome, probably like what will happen in the movie. So I actually killed 2 birds with 1 shot, I found an use for Jango's rope and found a scene that fits the spread arm pose Mace has.

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 09:22 PM
On mine, I take the excess rope and wrap it around the figure's waist, just above his belt.

mabudonicus
04-24-2002, 12:19 PM
I thought of cutting the rope, Jargo, but I felt that such thoughts were wrong on the first day of having the fig, you know?
I decided that wrapping it around the peg on his backpak is the way to go for me. I was so excited yesterday that I couldn't figure it out myself. Thanks again, fellows!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-24-2002, 12:34 PM
I solved that problem by tying it into a noose and hanging my Jar Jar figure with it. :)

Jargo
04-24-2002, 03:04 PM
My next solution would be that I'm waiting for the final battle version and then I'm going to customise the best of both figures into one super Jango. It's just a shame that Baby Boba only came in the one variety cuz I'd like to have a version of him without the pant wetting leg stance. hope they make a basic ordinary clone kid figure sometime. How can you build an army of clones in such weird poses? Maybe later in the year or next year eh.....? :(

JediIan
04-24-2002, 04:23 PM
If you try really hard you can manage to wrap the rope around the wrist and then you can still attach the claw, thats what i did, and it worked like a charm.

JediIan
04-24-2002, 04:24 PM
and on a side note, is anyone other than me really disapointed by the Padme figure? i really like the figure, its just that arm....

chibijawa3
04-26-2002, 03:41 PM
For the Jango Fett figure, how are you supposed to put away his grappling hook? Are you supposed to wrap it around his backpack? If anyone knows, please help me out.:confused:

QLD
04-26-2002, 03:42 PM
There have been a few threads about this already. Most people are wrapping it around his backpack. Personally, I just use it. I have him repelling up my bookcase.

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I kinda figure one will do what they want to with it. I dont think there is really a right way or a wrong way, just depends on what floats your boat.

I wrap it around the jet pack.

sith_killer_99
04-26-2002, 04:25 PM
The grappling hook actually fits on a notch on his right forearm. If you pull the string from the back you will notice that the hook pulls right up to the notch.

Unfortunatly you still have a loose string hanging out the back of his forearm.

LMK if anyone wants a pic.

RooJay
04-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Anyone besides me notice how tight Jango's helmet fits? In fact, his nose kind of pokes out against his faceplate causing a bump to appear when the helmet is on. I've also noticed that the helmet that comes with Boba fits his head MUCH better. Strange!

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-26-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Anyone besides me notice how tight Jango's helmet fits? In fact, his nose kind of pokes out against his faceplate causing a bump to appear when the helmet is on. I've also noticed that the helmet that comes with Boba fits his head MUCH better. Strange!

HEY!!!!!!!!!! LOL, thats funny because thats what I did last night!:) If you switch boba's and Jango's, it rules.

Lococaca
05-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Actually, the entire piece comes out of his arm quite easily, and goes back in pretty easy as well, only leaves a weird gap in his arm when it's out

Battle Droid
05-07-2002, 08:17 PM
I put a much longer rope on mine, and just wrap it around the Jet-Pack peg.

mabudonicus
05-08-2002, 07:45 AM
I found another way to deal with it. Just take the missile out, then kinda "stuff" the rope in there, then "seal" it again with the missile. Kinda tricky, but the best way I've found so far w/o cutting it. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lococaca
Actually, the entire piece comes out of his arm quite easily, and goes back in pretty easy as well, only leaves a weird gap in his arm when it's out

You are kidding, right?

:eek:

Lococaca
05-08-2002, 03:29 PM
comes out easy as pie goes back in easy, if i can find some batteries for my digital camera i'll upload pics

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 12:08 AM
I dunno about "easy as pie", but it DID come out with a little coaxing and went back in much easier. Thanks for the advice Loco!