PDA

View Full Version : Kit Fisto's Face

crucifido
04-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Is it just here (So Cal) or does Kit Fisto have 4 distinct paint jobs on his face?

There's:
1) An even darker green paint job, dark red eyes

2) Very dayglo green with very bright red eyes

3) A yellow face version with tiny red eyes

4) Dark ghreen with small pink eyes

Real variation or weird paint difference. Normally, I could tell the difference but these seem to actually have more than one of each type that had the painting misuces.

Also, what of this Padme with a freckle and Padme without a freckle? There is a noticeable freckle on the left side of her face on some figures but not on others. And once again, its not like a here and there thing, there were definitely two versions of this floating around here.

Beast
04-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Yoda appears to be the same way, I looked thru quite a few of them this afternoon. Some of them are the darker spinich green face, and some of them have the more correct pea green face. Not sure which is harder to find, but I saw more of the spinich green one on the pegs at my local Wal-Mart. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 03:38 PM
I've noticed some differences also. I was surprised when the eyes on the Kit I bought weren't anywhere near as red as one that I had seen yesterday online. I'll check some more today but does it look like a sloppy paint application? Or do they look like they're being painted completely differently?

crucifido
04-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Honsetly, one of them looked really sloppy (the light green, almost yellow one) but the others were more consistent.

And hey, could you please snag me a Yoda, COunt Dooku or an Anakin (Hangar Duel) if you see one? They just weren't around here at all last night or anywhere today.

crucifido@sbcglobal.net

evenflow
04-23-2002, 04:18 PM
I noticed some differences in the paint schemes, but i am not a variation.

icatch9
04-23-2002, 04:49 PM
The Yoda one could have been done on purpose. Remeber the vintage Yoda has like 8 different face variations. They are all about the same as far as price and rarity. I suspect that all these will be too. The only thing to look for would be a totally different color. Like the black vest Maul's. Any slight color variant won't be worth anything. At least that is what the history of this hobby has taught me.

crucifido
04-23-2002, 06:00 PM
I agree. After years of this it does seem that way. I just wanted to know for my sake. I'm a freak and i love to get all the variations - if they're real variations.

SithDroid
04-23-2002, 10:00 PM
My guess is that it isn't a "true" variation. You can't honestly expect Hasbro to get the perfect mix for the color every single time around that they mix the paint. They know which amounts to add together, but sometimes it is off by a little.