PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS Hasbro's new love of Magnets!

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
What is up with Hasbro's use of magnets?! It works pretty well for lightsabers and jedi's hands but why use it to attach removable limbs? They come off a bit to easy me thinks.

LTBasker
04-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Because they can use less brain function if they just say "use magnets." :frus:

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 03:50 PM
I agree-- the Hangar Duel Anakin's arm is way way cool- but just knock the figure over on accident and his arm flies across the room.....

Why not do like the Removable Mask Vader and the Bespin Luke? They both came with removable hands- and they were very well done.

The magnets for the lightsabers are a lame gimick- but one I can live with.

If you've notice-- you can take the green HD Anakin saber and attach it to his stump!!

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey yeah!! He can be Light Saber arm Pirate Ani!! ARRRR!!!!

pthfnder89
04-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Sweet! :)

I don't like them using magnets on limbs either. The first thing I plan to do with my Bespin Luke is to superglue his hand on. I never took the hand off my original Bespin Luke anyway.

I might do the same with Anakin bu I'll wait until I can actually find one :(

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 04:00 PM
"Look at me, I have a lightsaber for an arm.... now give me some damn candy" <---- Adam Sandler - SNL (cheap halloween costumes)

Beast
04-23-2002, 04:30 PM
You can also interchange Zam and Anakin's forearms. :D Actually what I noticed atleast on mine, is that the painted over the end of the magnet on both ends of the Hanger Ani, and it makes the magnet not work as well. But on Zam the left it metal on both ends, and it stays attached really well. I'm considering removing the paint, as Zam's arm attaches really well to Ani's stump. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Freedom
04-23-2002, 04:35 PM
All I know is the Outland Peasant disguise Anakin's magnet trick doesn't work really well. Thet box doesn't want to open then the gun sticks to the box. Oh well.

sith_killer_99
04-23-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm glad I didn't buy a Peasant Ani to open!

I did get a Zam and noticed that the magnets work well. However, I wonder what it will be like 20 years from now!

The gimmicks GOT TO GO!!!

Down with gimmicks up with articulation!

BTW, Royal Guard is SWEET!!!

jblodgett
04-23-2002, 05:11 PM
I have to agree. I would trade all the gimmicks of the entire line if I just had a figure with some good articulation- ala the playmates Star Trek line.

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 05:12 PM
Well I think the gimmicks are ok as long as they make the same figure again in a more normal figure form. Like the Tatooine attack Ani. He seems to be the normal counterpart of the HD Ani. Gimmicks are especially good on crapppy background characters. I would love to see an exploding ewok!! man that would please my psychopathic mind.

Beast
04-23-2002, 05:26 PM
The magnet arm doesn't hurt Zam at all, articulation wise. Infact she is one of the most articulated of the E2 figures so far. I was amazed when I started messing with here and found them all. In total she ends up with 12 points of articulation!!!

Neck, waist, right arm, lower forearm (magnet), ball jointed left arm, left glove, both knees, both boots. :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 06:18 PM
You know one thing I gotta say for all those gimmicks. Even thought many of the toys have weird things they're not that intrusive. The magnets are well hidden in there hands and Anakin's wheel spine doesn't stick out too far. I think hasbro did a good job over all. Except I wish both of Anakins lightsabers were metal. Oh well

Unit-01
04-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Got no problems with my magnets. I actually think the damn things are awesome! I stuck OPD Ani's gun on Zam's stump :P.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 06:34 PM
I love the magnets for the most part. Very cool, especially on Obi-Wan, love the Obi-Wan. Great figure.

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Do you think that the new Darth Maul will have a metallic handle?? that would be so cool.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 06:43 PM
I actually like the magnets. They're actually pretty strong (or stronger than I thought) in most of the figures. I think you're right in bringing up the concern in their being used for removeable limbs; any kid who gets a Hangar Duel Anakin is gonna lose the arm pretty quickly! By the way, the Deluxe Dooku I just bought works like a charm! I didn't think I'd care much for the flipping action, but mine works really well, and I'm can't help but be amazed as I watch him flip over and over again!:crazed:
Plus, he sticks REALLY good to the side of the fridge! SITH WALL-CRAWLING ACTION!:D

Darth_Maul25SW
04-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Man so many uses for the magnets. yeah I think you're right. Anakin is gonna be armless permantely as soon as some kid buys it. But since when have kids ever been able to find Star Wars toys anyways? Unless you count us 20 year olds as kids.