PDA

View Full Version : April 23rd stuff

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, I saw the AOTC novelization, the Junior novelization, a new Jedi Quest paperback, plus the Guide to characters. Quite a bit, but I'll wait. Anyone out there snag these while they're "rare"? :rolleyes:

p.s. We'll have time and space to post SPOLIERS and such about the AOTC book, so save yours 'til then!

Sidiously Darth
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
I picked up the novelization today, but I will not, repeat, will not read it before the movie. I know too much already.

I bought my copy at Borders. They had them marked 30% off, so that came out to $18.20 + tax. Cheaper than WM.:cool:

El Chuxter
04-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Got the novelization at Costco for $14.99! They didn't have anything else, unfortunately.

I pre-ordered Art of AOTC and the new Essential Guide to Characters from amazon.com. But either I was mistaken or the release date for "Art Of" changed, because it's not available until the 30th! Which means I gotta wait for the other stuff I ordered, and my Transformers DVDs! :eek:

Oh, and I found Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter, Anakin: Apprentice, and the two coloring books three days early at a WM.

I have yet to see Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive, Cross-Sections, Visual Dictionary, and the Jedi Quest books, though.

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2002, 04:13 PM
I got the Visual Dictionary and the junior novelization at Barnes & Noble. They were also giving out free Star Wars circulars with a mini comic inside.

Sith Vicious
04-24-2002, 08:20 PM
I got the novelization and free magazine at Barnes and Noble. Got the Cross sections book at Media Play.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Chuxter, as always, Wal*Mart has the best prices on paperbacks; you can find the Boba Fett hardcover there for less than $7. Also, if you go to B.Dalton or Barnes & Noble, make sure the employees are
1) informed of the free SW magazine with SW purchase deal,
2) actually able to process information using brain waves,
3) truly human, and
4) interested in SELLING PRODUCTS FROM THEIR STORE.

Ahem. :rolleyes: I went into a BN and had a Jedi Quest book plus the magazine (titled "Star Wars Collectible Bonus Magazine" ) and he wasn't aware of the special deal, so he called a manager who said "no." I told him I didn't want the book anymore then, and suggested he get someone to take down the dispaly that said the special was going on if it really wasn't. A B.Dalton nearby was more than happy to accept my business. I plan to head to Costco for the novelization, plus trying to get some photo development that's been delayed almost a week. Stupid employees are spreading like... like, clones! :confused: :frus:

El Chuxter
04-25-2002, 12:31 PM
Still no sign of any books other than Anakin: Apprentice and Jango: Bounty Hunter at any of the local Wally Worlds, BCJ. :(

I broke down last night, went to B&N and Waldenbooks, and got:
Jedi Quest #1 & 2
Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
I Am A Jedi Apprentice
Visual Dictionary
Incredible Cross-Sections
The Stars of Star Wars (I was going to pass on this, but it looked pretty good, and was cheap)
the Time magazine with the Yoda cover
the B&N bonus book (Jacen's alive!!! Yay!!!)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
the B&N bonus book (*****'s alive!!! Yay!!!)
Well, thanks for ruining everything, El C! :mad: :frus: Now, I'll have to cancel my subscription to New Jedi Order Forever. :rolleyes:
But that was quite a haul. Do you get airline mileage for all that? ;)

Eternal Padawan
04-28-2002, 12:05 PM
I got The storybook
the Scrapbook
Stars of Star wars
the Visual Guide
The Cross section book
The novel
Jedi Quest softcovers 1 and 2
the bonus magazine
TIME with Yoda on the cover
The New Essential Guide to Characters

I am waiting for
the Screenplay
The Art of AOTC
and a location cross section guide (if they do one)
I also want a location guide to the OT. Maybe then we can find out where the garage on lars moisture farm is in relation to everything else, and why Jargo cant see the T-16 sticking out of the ground...

Bel-Cam Jos
06-12-2002, 06:45 PM
I finally picked up and read BF:Fight to Survive. I'll say 2 things; positively, it fits the 10-yr old characterization of Boba Fett as seen in AOTC quite well. Negatively, that characterization is that of a semi-whiny, naive kid. Guess who shows up? Dooku, Obi-Wan, Padme', Anakin, Aurra Sing, Jabba, etc. It'll be interesting to see how far Lucasbooks lets this go.

Eternal Padawan
06-13-2002, 09:36 AM
I'm kind of sorry their making this a Junior reader series. Get Orson Scott Card to write a Young Boba trilogy for the adult paperback market. He can get inside the mind of a child forced to grow up too fast and survive in an adult world. That would rule.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-14-2002, 07:52 PM
I don't recall where, but I seem to have read that the BF books are supposed to be hardbacks that're released about once a year. I guess then it's not really a series, as much as one-shot novels. I do wish it was less "kiddie," too.