View Full Version : April 23rd stuff

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Well, I saw the AOTC novelization, the Junior novelization, a new Jedi Quest paperback, plus the Guide to characters. Quite a bit, but I'll wait. Anyone out there snag these while they're "rare"? :rolleyes:

p.s. We'll have time and space to post SPOLIERS and such about the AOTC book, so save yours 'til then!

Sidiously Darth
04-23-2002, 07:53 PM
I picked up the novelization today, but I will not, repeat, will not read it before the movie. I know too much already.

I bought my copy at Borders. They had them marked 30% off, so that came out to $18.20 + tax. Cheaper than WM.:cool:

El Chuxter
04-24-2002, 02:08 PM
Got the novelization at Costco for $14.99! They didn't have anything else, unfortunately.

I pre-ordered Art of AOTC and the new Essential Guide to Characters from amazon.com. But either I was mistaken or the release date for "Art Of" changed, because it's not available until the 30th! Which means I gotta wait for the other stuff I ordered, and my Transformers DVDs! :eek:

Oh, and I found Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter, Anakin: Apprentice, and the two coloring books three days early at a WM.

I have yet to see Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive, Cross-Sections, Visual Dictionary, and the Jedi Quest books, though.

04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
I got the Visual Dictionary and the junior novelization at Barnes & Noble. They were also giving out free Star Wars circulars with a mini comic inside.

Sith Vicious
04-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I got the novelization and free magazine at Barnes and Noble. Got the Cross sections book at Media Play.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Chuxter, as always, Wal*Mart has the best prices on paperbacks; you can find the Boba Fett hardcover there for less than $7. Also, if you go to B.Dalton or Barnes & Noble, make sure the employees are
1) informed of the free SW magazine with SW purchase deal,
2) actually able to process information using brain waves,
3) truly human, and

Ahem. :rolleyes: I went into a BN and had a Jedi Quest book plus the magazine (titled "Star Wars Collectible Bonus Magazine" ) and he wasn't aware of the special deal, so he called a manager who said "no." I told him I didn't want the book anymore then, and suggested he get someone to take down the dispaly that said the special was going on if it really wasn't. A B.Dalton nearby was more than happy to accept my business. I plan to head to Costco for the novelization, plus trying to get some photo development that's been delayed almost a week. Stupid employees are spreading like... like, clones! :confused: :frus:

El Chuxter
04-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Still no sign of any books other than Anakin: Apprentice and Jango: Bounty Hunter at any of the local Wally Worlds, BCJ. :(

I broke down last night, went to B&N and Waldenbooks, and got:
Jedi Quest #1 & 2
Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
I Am A Jedi Apprentice
Visual Dictionary
Incredible Cross-Sections
The Stars of Star Wars (I was going to pass on this, but it looked pretty good, and was cheap)
the Time magazine with the Yoda cover
the B&N bonus book (Jacen's alive!!! Yay!!!)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
the B&N bonus book (*****'s alive!!! Yay!!!)
Well, thanks for ruining everything, El C! :mad: :frus: Now, I'll have to cancel my subscription to New Jedi Order Forever. :rolleyes:
But that was quite a haul. Do you get airline mileage for all that? ;)

Eternal Padawan
04-28-2002, 11:05 AM
I got The storybook
the Scrapbook
Stars of Star wars
the Visual Guide
The Cross section book
The novel
Jedi Quest softcovers 1 and 2
the bonus magazine
TIME with Yoda on the cover
The New Essential Guide to Characters

I am waiting for
the Screenplay
The Art of AOTC
and a location cross section guide (if they do one)
I also want a location guide to the OT. Maybe then we can find out where the garage on lars moisture farm is in relation to everything else, and why Jargo cant see the T-16 sticking out of the ground...

Bel-Cam Jos
06-12-2002, 05:45 PM
I finally picked up and read BF:Fight to Survive. I'll say 2 things; positively, it fits the 10-yr old characterization of Boba Fett as seen in AOTC quite well. Negatively, that characterization is that of a semi-whiny, naive kid. Guess who shows up? Dooku, Obi-Wan, Padme', Anakin, Aurra Sing, Jabba, etc. It'll be interesting to see how far Lucasbooks lets this go.

Eternal Padawan
06-13-2002, 08:36 AM
I'm kind of sorry their making this a Junior reader series. Get Orson Scott Card to write a Young Boba trilogy for the adult paperback market. He can get inside the mind of a child forced to grow up too fast and survive in an adult world. That would rule.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-14-2002, 06:52 PM
I don't recall where, but I seem to have read that the BF books are supposed to be hardbacks that're released about once a year. I guess then it's not really a series, as much as one-shot novels. I do wish it was less "kiddie," too.